ImageImageImage

LA Lakers Pick Watch part 2: Speak it into existence

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

bigfoot_cryptozoology
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,294

Re: LA Lakers Pick Watch part 2: Speak it into existence 

Post#1181 » by bigfoot_cryptozoology » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:32 am

It's difficult to tell at the present time where the Lakers will finish,
seemingly anywhere from 3 - 7 before the Lottery Drawing,
but I was thinking of a team like the Magic,
why the hell aren't they nuking their club and dealing off everyone right now?
What is the wait? Why are NBA teams like molasses when it comes to deals?
I realize there are many open Playoff spots this season and teams bunched together,
and that has negated some of the usual deals which would have
happened over the first half of the season, but the bottom level clubs,
let's get going. When there are no buyers and no sellers and no trades, it gets boring.
Trades are exciting.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,022

Post#1182 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:46 am

Homerclease wrote:
31to6 wrote:
Homerclease wrote:He was hurt during the draft process

My Draft Binky that year!

Mine too, I wanted Davis and Skal and screamed for it all draft night. I get why we took the stash guys in our bid for Durant but hindsight being what it is, that Yabusele pick was a total waste

How can you say that so soon into Yabusele’s career?

He’s a project player who has had extremely limited chances so far. He puts up numbers in the G League so that is promising.

And Kevin O’Connor whose basketball opinion I really value likes him. This is the same guy who was a massive Tatum fan. Of course he may be wrong but I’m not ready to make any definitive calls about Yabusele yet.
CelticsWin5
Senior
And1: 377

Post#1183 » by CelticsWin5 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:25 am

711takeover wrote:
CelticsWin5 wrote:
Lakerman416 wrote: I just came to see the heartbreak when you don't get the pick. This Laker team is wayyyy too deep to be a bottom five team and you guys know it. You just cling to the hope they trade a few good players for nothing at the deadline. Nobody wants Randle traded more than me, it would mean a top 10-12 pick. I just don't think any team in that range will give up heat it would take. Nance isn't going anywhere he is too cheap and has another year of bring cheap left. What are they non with Lonzo? 14-21? 1-7 without him? If Lonzo goes out for the year then you MIGHT get top 5 but unless that happens you are seriously getting your hopes up for nothing (unless you hit the lottery).

Lakers are the worst team in the nba and its not even close. What depth are you talking about? Lakers have zero depth of good players. Lakers are ranked 24th out of 30 and you're bragging like its an accomplishment. Hilarious

I mean that's just simply not true though. You're making us Celtics fans look bad. The Hawks are worse than the lakers. How is it not even close that the lakers are the worst? They are hovering around the 2nd to 7th worst in the league.

theyre hovering around 2nd worst as you said, and you're arguing that it isn't debatable that they could possibly be the worst? The hawks dont have the worst record anymore btw, the magic do. Do you not see why your argument that the hawks are unanimously the worst team is a failed argument? you remind me of the people early in the season who thought the bulls were a lock to be the worst team the entire season long. You look real foolish just like those people...

The Lakers are overachieving slightly, but they are the worst in my opinion. It is backed by many facts such as They had the longest losing streak this season. That is a strong supporting fact. Hovering 2 through 6 worst 40 games in isnt helping your argument.... If you think hovering 2 through 6 is impressive and doesn't constitute the thought that it might be a slightly over-achieving but worst team in The league, not sure what to say. How is it so farfetched to think they're the worst if they flirt with 2nd worst and even within 1 game of worst at 1 point?
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,151

Post#1184 » by Darthlukey » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:34 am

Random thought, likely not to happen. What's happens if Lakers have equal worst record with another team? Draft odds are split and there is a coin toss for draft order if outside top 3. Has anyone run the numbers on winning or losing coin toss?
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#1185 » by jirrit » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:16 am

Lakerman416 wrote:
estendius wrote:What is heartbreak ? lmao. Heartbreak is your team plays like trash but don't have first-round pick.
And you have a delution that all big FA will come to your garbage team in the summer...

Both Cousins and PG13 have made it clear the Lakers are where they want to be. PG13 was my neighbor growing up in Palmdale, I know him well. But he has never told me for sure he will be a Laker but he hints at it a lot. Cousins told teams not to bother trading for him because if they do he will leave to join the Lakers anyways. Some teams think he only did that do the Kings couldn't find a good deal for him and therefor give him the Super max. But either way he said it. Lakers get both these guys they are better then the C's, and it's not close at all because of his perfectly they fit with Lonzo Ingram and Kuzma.
So I guess PG and Cousins are gonna have to wait 3 years AT LEAST to even get a chance to compete? Your own words huh.
You are full of BS all the time
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#1186 » by jirrit » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:22 am

Lakerman416 wrote:
FuriousRiles wrote:
Lakerman416 wrote: I would want a top 7 pick in this class for sure. But outside of in that zone it is just another long shot I don't have time for anymore. I don't believe we would be in that range even if we were trying to tank. That is why I don't care. Plus if we get Cousins and PG as expected out starting roster is set for 5 years at every position. Where would they play? The bench? These youngsters as bench players? Nope nope nope

You don't think having your pick (even if outside top 7) this year wouldn't help you unload that Deng contract? Just goes to show you're not looking at the big picture.

Respond if you want, I won't again.

We don't need to unload the Deng contract to sign two max free agents. Ever heard of the stretch provision? He will only cost us 3-7 million next year.

Are you really trying to say stretching a contract is a smart thing to do? Cause youre stretching it to get players who are not gonna be able contend till 2022 anyway. How old will PG and DMC be after that?
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,423

Post#1187 » by Captain_Caveman » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:27 am

Darthlukey wrote:Random thought, likely not to happen. What's happens if Lakers have equal worst record with another team? Draft odds are split and there is a coin toss for draft order if outside top 3. Has anyone run the numbers on winning or losing coin toss?

Too many permutations. We’d really like the Lakers to finish bottom 4 is all anyone really needs to know.
rickrolled
Head Coach
And1: 2,652

Post#1188 » by rickrolled » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:30 am

Laker troll 1
Celtic board 0

That's what happens When the entire board is engaging with a troll, your more annoying than a troll. If he is ignored this Thread would have stayed at 52 pages by now.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#1189 » by Kolkmania » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:44 am

Darthlukey wrote:Random thought, likely not to happen. What's happens if Lakers have equal worst record with another team? Draft odds are split and there is a coin toss for draft order if outside top 3. Has anyone run the numbers on winning or losing coin toss?

:lol:
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,394

Post#1190 » by Homerclease » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:02 pm

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
31to6 wrote:
My Draft Binky that year!

Mine too, I wanted Davis and Skal and screamed for it all draft night. I get why we took the stash guys in our bid for Durant but hindsight being what it is, that Yabusele pick was a total waste

He’s a project player who has had extremely limited chances so far. He puts up numbers in the G League so that is promising.

And Kevin O’Connor whose basketball opinion I really value likes him. This is the same guy who was a massive Tatum fan. Of course he may be wrong but I’m not ready to make any definitive calls about Yabusele yet.

You’re right, there’s still hope for James Young too.

Send Yabusele back to China where he belongs. He can open a restaurant chain with Sully over there
GWVan
Analyst
And1: 2,549

Post#1191 » by GWVan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:35 pm

I don't view this pick as being as important as I used to. Hayward coming back and as the younguns mature we will be a contender for a good long time.

That being said, it is our destiny to have the 3rd pick for the 3rd year in a row and the 3 3s to lead the team to 3 straight championships
Full of sound and fury; signifying nothing
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,022

Post#1192 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:10 pm

Homerclease wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Homerclease wrote:Mine too, I wanted Davis and Skal and screamed for it all draft night. I get why we took the stash guys in our bid for Durant but hindsight being what it is, that Yabusele pick was a total waste

Send Yabusele back to China where he belongs. He can open a restaurant chain with Sully over there

How are they even remotely comparable?

But yeah just give up on a rookie after he’s barely played. So logical.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,394

Post#1193 » by Homerclease » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:22 pm

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:How can you say that so soon into Yabusele’s career?

How are they even remotely comparable?

But yeah just give up on a rookie after he’s barely played. So logical.

Let’s see, both mid first round picks, neither good enough to ever see the floor, both still young and both nearly out of the league. I’d say they are extremely comparable.

They gave this guy a year to ‘develop’ in China and half a season here and he’s shown absolutely zero. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. Of all our recent picks, they were all contributing players by this point in their careers or they were busts. Smart, Rozier, Brown, Tatum, these kids can play. Once this team is in position to take one of Bagley or Ayton I see no need for Yabusele on the roster period and he should be traded or released
711takeover
Veteran
And1: 2,135

Post#1194 » by 711takeover » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:05 pm

CelticsWin5 wrote:
711takeover wrote:
CelticsWin5 wrote:Lakers are the worst team in the nba and its not even close. What depth are you talking about? Lakers have zero depth of good players. Lakers are ranked 24th out of 30 and you're bragging like its an accomplishment. Hilarious

I mean that's just simply not true though. You're making us Celtics fans look bad. The Hawks are worse than the lakers. How is it not even close that the lakers are the worst? They are hovering around the 2nd to 7th worst in the league.

theyre hovering around 2nd worst as you said, and you're arguing that it isn't debatable that they could possibly be the worst? The hawks dont have the worst record anymore btw, the magic do. Do you not see why your argument that the hawks are unanimously the worst team is a failed argument? you remind me of the people early in the season who thought the bulls were a lock to be the worst team the entire season long. You look real foolish just like those people...

The Lakers are overachieving slightly, but they are the worst in my opinion. It is backed by many facts such as They had the longest losing streak this season. That is a strong supporting fact. Hovering 2 through 6 worst 40 games in isnt helping your argument.... If you think hovering 2 through 6 is impressive and doesn't constitute the thought that it might be a slightly over-achieving but worst team in The league, not sure what to say. How is it so farfetched to think they're the worst if they flirt with 2nd worst and even within 1 game of worst at 1 point?

But how are the lakers the worst team in the league and "it's not even close"? Clearly it's close lol
Crossy2008
Sixth Man
And1: 1,163

Post#1195 » by Crossy2008 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:49 pm

--Yabu has impressed me with his BBIQ. He's not going to come into the league and start dominating because very few players do that. He just turned 22, it's his first season in the NBA, and he's learning. More important than age, you have to give a player at least two seasons to try to figure out the NBA. His game translates well to this era, he hustles and plays hard, and he's not trying to do too much. Besides, he is essentially the 12th or 13th man on this team with Hayward being out and competing with Nadar for the least important player under a full contract. Even if we replaced him with someone else, that other player would barely see the floor on most nights, so what's the rush?

--I have no idea what Orlando is doing. They started out doing so well, but they've really fell off a cliff. Their point guard has literally blocked his own shot with his hair at least once this year. Biyombo was a terrible signing that has never made any sense. They seem to have real philosophical flaws in that organization that have led to giving up on players too early and poor roster construction. Simmons was a great signing and Gordon is a very good player. Vucevic is one of the better centers in the game, as in top 10. I'd be looking to move Payton, Biyombo, Fournier and Heronja for crappy contracts and draft picks, and hoping for Trae Young. I'd be calling New Orleans and trying to get their first round pick for taking on Asik or Hill and trading some combo of those four players listed.

--Back to the Lakers. They are not going to get better on defense, and Randle playing well only increases his value while not really adding much to the season in terms of success.
Moose23
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#1196 » by Moose23 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:56 pm

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:I'm a tad over 6 feet and not athletic at all anymore at this point, and I'm fairly certain I could back ingram down and score over him. He is truly a pine wood derby car amongst actual automobiles.

I have morning hardons thicker than Ingram
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,985

Post#1197 » by jfs1000d » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:01 pm

NotALongIslandr wrote:
peachbucket wrote:
celtxman wrote:If you could tell me right now that the Lakers had the worst overall record, right now I'd take it and run and not look back. In that scenario there would be a 75% chance of that pick NOT being #1 and should the pick NOT be #1 overall, then it would be 100% that the pick would be from 2-4. Does that make it easier on those worried about the Lakers losing too much? I hope they don't win another game and I'll go with the odds.
oe

Ya, anyone who doesn't want the Lakers to finish last should go back to high school and re-take algebra...it is by far the best scenario for the C's.

Actually, that isn't true.
Lakers finishing last yields a 75% chance of Celtics picking 2-4.
Lakers finishing second to last yields an 80.1% chance of Celtics picking 2-5. So that's better and still guarantees pick conveys (as long as it isn't #1).
Lakers finishing third from last yields an 82.8% chance of Celtics picking 2-5 but doesn't guarantee pick conveys (as long as not #1) as there's a 5.1% chance the pick becomes #6.

Oof. Math.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
CelticsWin5
Senior
And1: 377

Post#1198 » by CelticsWin5 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:23 pm

rickrolled wrote:Laker troll 1
Celtic board 0

That's what happens When the entire board is engaging with a troll, your more annoying than a troll. If he is ignored this Thread would have stayed at 52 pages by now.

Annoying? We were all having fun With the troll. None of us took him seriously. He was like a punching bag for us. The only one taking him seriously is you with this score
kololoco
Sophomore
And1: 241

Post#1199 » by kololoco » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:37 pm

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/350009/kings-will-rest-two-veterans-every-game?ls=roto:SAC:topheadlines
SO it looks like LAL just got a bump and will 90% finish in front of Sacramento too (together with Atlanta and Orlando). But Memphis beat them, will get Conley back, and the other teams in lottery have potential at least as much as LAL, so hope still remains for LAL to keep the 4th position (which is the best for us).
Scoonie
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,787

Post#1200 » by Scoonie » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:45 pm

Dogen wrote:Celtics win despite Smart having -1 points for the game.

Return to Boston Celtics