ImageImageImage

Paul Pierce "I'm not sure if I want to see IT's video on my night"

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Re: Paul Pierce "I'm not sure if I want to see IT's video on my night" 

Post#141 » by GuyClinch » Sat Jan 6, 2018 3:58 pm

Man kinda sucks for Pierce because - it sure seems to me that he wants to be a nice guy.. But now he has to be like no not IT. That's a crappy position to put him in. Shame Danny..
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,788

Post#142 » by 31to6 » Sat Jan 6, 2018 4:55 pm

Jakeopp wrote:It's not like they're going to be playing an IT video tribute during Pierce's jersey retirement lol.

I don't see how a 2 minute video "takes away" from "his night."

Exactly -- people's lack of perspective on this is out of control.
IT is going to be at the game and playing in the game. It's not like we're flying him in special.
IT is going to get introduced. He will get a loud reception.
As part of this, we can play a brief 'Thanks IT!' video.
Then the game will happen.
Then the PP ceremony will happen.
OMFG people it's all fine.

As to the public 'battle' on this ego makes superstars so PP and IT are going to say what they're going to say, but my gosh keeping some perspective is a good life skill for most of the rest of us.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
VeryMuchWoke
Head Coach
And1: 7,490

Post#143 » by VeryMuchWoke » Sat Jan 6, 2018 4:59 pm

GuyClinch wrote:Man kinda sucks for Pierce because - it sure seems to me that he wants to be a nice guy.. But now he has to be like no not IT. That's a crappy position to put him in. Shame Danny..

I actually think he kind of enjoys it, at least once Jackson, Billups and Jalen got in his ear (along with some encouragement from the ESPN producers) and let him know they had his back.
"Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him."
Pat Riley
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,829

Post#144 » by truth18 » Sat Jan 6, 2018 5:01 pm

31to6 wrote:
Jakeopp wrote:It's not like they're going to be playing an IT video tribute during Pierce's jersey retirement lol.

IT is going to be at the game and playing in the game. It's not like we're flying him in special.

As to the public 'battle' on this ego makes superstars so PP and IT are going to say what they're going to say, but my gosh keeping some perspective is a good life skill for most of the rest of us.

This isn't life, it's basketball. **** perspective. This is Paul's day.

**** IT. I may boo him regardless of what happens at this point. My seats are close enough.

The man was here two years and the most he did for the franchise was bringing Kyrie here yet the cult of Thomas acts like he's a Celtics' legend.

Fifty years from now no one will give a **** about Celtics era Isaiah Thomas, but everyone will still remember Ray because he actually did things that mattered.

Spoiler:
**** Ray.
YOU LOSE
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,384

Post#145 » by Jaqua92 » Sat Jan 6, 2018 5:13 pm

truth18 wrote:
31to6 wrote:

**** IT. I may boo him regardless of what happens at this point. My seats are close enough.

The man was here two years and the most he did for the franchise was bringing Kyrie here yet the cult of Thomas acts like he's a Celtics' legend.

Fifty years from now no one will give a **** about Celtics era Isaiah Thomas, but everyone will still remember Ray because he actually did things that mattered.

Spoiler:
**** Ray.

My sentiments exactly. Except I was doing this a year ago
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,829

Post#146 » by truth18 » Sat Jan 6, 2018 5:16 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:
truth18 wrote:
31to6 wrote:

Spoiler:
**** Ray.

My sentiments exactly. Except I was doing this a year ago

I've been a Thomas hater for his entire tenure here. I actually liked the dude off court until this nonsense, it was his on court play that made me hate him.
YOU LOSE
Big Baby
Bench Warmer
And1: 656

Post#147 » by Big Baby » Sat Jan 6, 2018 5:45 pm

rickrolled wrote:

What a goddamn amature hour in Boston.

I don’t ever remember another HOF whose number is getting retired having to ask for his own night like this but IT just made him do it. Opening the door for retards like Nick Wright to throw shades at The Truth’s career.

**** off IT. **** OFF.
31to6
RealGM

Post#148 » by 31to6 » Sat Jan 6, 2018 5:56 pm

thread's so non-reality based
rickrolled
Head Coach
And1: 2,652

Post#149 » by rickrolled » Sat Jan 6, 2018 5:59 pm

I'd just postpone the entire number retirement till next season, let the dust settle, the one party that is solely responsible for this mess is the Celtics ownership/front Office. What a PR disaster.
coach mang
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,401

Post#150 » by coach mang » Sat Jan 6, 2018 6:36 pm

31to6 u know we been riding on our enemies together for many moons na... but on this mang gotta disagree. This ain’t reality this is kkeltic basketball... dat which transcend reality amen. IT is but a cosmic crumb in truths Milky Way He who has gone to the other side and come back to bring glory to our tribe. Da fault is Danny’s. He has a history of being soft w the soft skills (underestimating chemistry issues w trading perk, toine calling him a snake). Dat ice water is also wut also give him that killer edge. Mayb it’s the politically correct times we in where everyone is da bes... wutever the case if truth is unhappy about wut should b a crowning evening then org f ed up. Still time to fix it. Give IT his lil viddy first home game next season. Cs org created this problem they need to fix it. Make Truth happy. IT can wait. If he don’t wanna wait dats ok too... but he don’t get to share the stage w truth. Unbelievable they fumbled this in the first place. Keeping truth happy is priority one.
VeryMuchWoke
Head Coach
And1: 7,490

Post#151 » by VeryMuchWoke » Sat Jan 6, 2018 7:03 pm

Just bump IT to next year. He can get his tribute when he comes to town with the rest of the Orlando Magic.
"Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him."
Pat Riley
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 10,926

Post#152 » by exculpatory » Sat Jan 6, 2018 7:53 pm

Know what?

Even if they move IT's **** video to some other time now, the cow is out of the barn.

**** Ainge/Wyc have egregiously & irretrievably insulted the Truth.

This cannot be fixed.

**** YOU, Danny.
You **** moron.
How could you possibly think that appeasing IT & moving his **** to 2/11 would be ok with the Truth?
Your head is so far up your ass, you could bite off a polyp in your cecum.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
CreoleSaint713
Ballboy
And1: 34

Post#153 » by CreoleSaint713 » Sat Jan 6, 2018 8:33 pm

Teams need to stop with all these video tributes for players actively playing in the NBA. They are just stupid. When IT retires, then you give him a tribute. A couple of seasons does not get your jersey number retired. It would be TOTALLY disrespectful for the Celtic organization to make this night about anyone but Paul Pierce. This is a no brainer.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#154 » by GuyClinch » Sat Jan 6, 2018 9:02 pm

Perspective sure. Next time you have a birthday party for your son/wife etc - find some other celebrity (who is having a birthday) and run a little promo video for them during the party! Tell me how that works out for ya. Haha.

If you are going to honor someone do it right - or don't honor them at all. it's just common courtesy. Yes of course life will go on whether you are rude or kind. But why not be kind? Why not show respect for someone you are trying to show respect too?

It's just so dumb..

I totally liked Steven Grogan back in the day... Sure wouldn't but a video of him up on Tom Brady's retirement day.. Why?! Danny is just being dumb here. Sorry.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 10,926

Post#155 » by exculpatory » Sat Jan 6, 2018 11:43 pm

Truth18

Know what we should do?
If that douchebag Ainge allows the IT video, we should generate a relentless Paul Pierce CHANT as the little prick is getting introduced.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,273

Post#156 » by Marvel » Sun Jan 7, 2018 2:02 am

IT needs to withdraw his tribute. Step aside little guy, this is Truth's night.
Jakeopp
General Manager
And1: 9,946

Post#157 » by Jakeopp » Sun Jan 7, 2018 2:04 am

exculpatory wrote:Truth18

Know what we should do?
If that douchebag Ainge allows the IT video, we should generate a relentless Paul Pierce CHANT as the little prick is getting introduced.

Take things too seriously much?
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,813

Post#158 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Sun Jan 7, 2018 2:45 am

Lost a little bit of respect for this organization because of the fact that they let this situation escalate to what it is now.

I will lose **** of respect for both this org and IT, if they share IT's tribute with PAUL PIERCE THE TRUTH'S night. **** that. 2/11 should be ALL ABOUT Paul Pierce. I love IT and what he's done for the Celtics, but what he's done is NOTHING compared to what Paul has done for this organization.

Disrespect and embarrassing. This organization should've known better. Wtf?
31to6
RealGM

Post#159 » by 31to6 » Sun Jan 7, 2018 3:49 am

GuyClinch wrote:

Perspective sure. Next time you have a birthday party for your son/wife etc - find some other celebrity (who is having a birthday) and run a little promo video for them during the party! Tell me how that works out for ya. Haha.

If you are going to honor someone do it right - or don't honor them at all. it's just common courtesy. Yes of course life will go on whether you are rude or kind. But why not be kind? Why not show respect for someone you are trying to show respect too?

It's just so dumb..

I totally liked Steven Grogan back in the day... Sure wouldn't but a video of him up on Tom Brady's retirement day.. Why?! Danny is just being dumb here. Sorry.

If this was a tongue in cheek response and you just forgot the green font then I understand. Otherwise please reread what you’re responding to and explain to me why you’re bringing up Steve Grogan :wink:
stepbackj34
Bench Warmer
And1: 64

Post#160 » by stepbackj34 » Sun Jan 7, 2018 11:28 am

Nooo. **** IT.. this is Pierce's night. When does a team ever pay tribute to a different player on another players on jersey retirement night? This is so stupid. Pierce is my fav all time player, please dont ruin his night.

Return to Boston Celtics