ImageImageImage

Ainge offer for Davis

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Kenhov
Senior
And1: 268

Ainge offer for Davis 

Post#1 » by Kenhov » Fri Jan 5, 2018 10:20 am

Will be very compelling.

A Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Lakers pick which would be around 3 or 4 for Anthony Davis will be the final piece to complete what will be our next championship team.

Hate to lose Jaylen but

Kyrie
Hayward
Tatum
Horford
Davis

Is a NBA title winning team.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Re: Ainge offer for Davis 

Post#2 » by Kolkmania » Fri Jan 5, 2018 10:24 am

Doesn't work money-wise, Horford, Kyrie or Hayward needs to be involved.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#3 » by cloverleaf » Fri Jan 5, 2018 10:42 am

As I understand it, this theorized trade package would match on money because Smart would be done as a sign and trade. Danny's not trading his two big FA signings or Kyrie.
claycarver
Sixth Man
And1: 2,099

Post#4 » by claycarver » Fri Jan 5, 2018 10:48 am

Kolkmania wrote:Doesn't work money-wise, Horford, Kyrie or Hayward needs to be involved.

If money is the only issue, we could just add Morris and Baynes to make the salaries work, not a big deal.

I expect we'd see the Memphis and Clippers picks in there as well. They'd need to show some sort of massive haul to their fan base.
UNCBlue012
Analyst
And1: 4,141

Post#5 » by UNCBlue012 » Fri Jan 5, 2018 11:36 am

claycarver wrote:
Kolkmania wrote:Doesn't work money-wise, Horford, Kyrie or Hayward needs to be involved.

If money is the only issue, we could just add Morris and Baynes to make the salaries work, not a big deal.

I expect we'd see the Memphis and Clippers picks in there as well. They'd need to show some sort of massive haul to their fan base.

Undoubtedly. I would imagine the deal would have to be a loss for us (even with getting AD) for us to convince NO to make the trade.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Post#6 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Jan 5, 2018 11:50 am

There are rumors that Ainge's first-born son and Lucky the Leprechaun mascot are included in the package.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
yeahM8
Starter
And1: 3,682

Post#7 » by yeahM8 » Fri Jan 5, 2018 1:13 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:There are rumors that Ainge's first-born son and Lucky the Leprechaun mascot are included in the package.

The lucky costume or the guy in the costume?

Lots to think about here
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#8 » by ParticleMan » Fri Jan 5, 2018 2:04 pm

you're dreaming if you think you can get AD for that package.
only way that might happen is if AD publicly demands a trade. but i think other teams could and would beat that offer.
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Post#9 » by OldCeltics » Fri Jan 5, 2018 2:51 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:There are rumors that Ainge's first-born son and Lucky the Leprechaun mascot are included in the package.

Ainge would do that in an instant. Cold hearted snake he is. Not necessarily a bad thing though.
TheTruth316
Senior
And1: 273

Post#10 » by TheTruth316 » Fri Jan 5, 2018 3:18 pm

Sorry. I have no interest in moving multiple players and pick s for one player. We did ok with the Kyrie deal. We would be dumb to spend to much on him
rickrolled
Head Coach
And1: 2,652

Post#11 » by rickrolled » Fri Jan 5, 2018 4:20 pm

Smart would be sign and traded in this scenario so they could Make it work, with that being said this is not enough for NO.
TA42
Sixth Man
And1: 772

Post#12 » by TA42 » Fri Jan 5, 2018 5:17 pm

I am definitely in the trade to get Davis camp but if that Lakers pick is 2 or 3 we may be able to get a close approximation in the draft, no?

I think the package for Davis would have to be Smart, Morris, Brown, LA pick, Clippers pick, memphis pick. They're probably going to ask for Tatum but Danny can't move him.

Irving / Hayward / Tatum / Horford / Davis is a ridiculous starting 5 with Rozier as your 6th man. Fill out rest of bench with ring chasing vets and the current young guys we have.

my concern is how the hell is that team sustainable salary-wise?
vct33
Veteran
And1: 839

Post#13 » by vct33 » Fri Jan 5, 2018 5:20 pm

Hmmm, is that Austin? DA weasling his son into the Pel's GM job?
I brings the ruckus to the ladies!
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#14 » by colaroaster » Fri Jan 5, 2018 6:10 pm

danny's dynasty could crumble with his obsession with AD - pls pls don't over-pay :pray:
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#15 » by ddb » Fri Jan 5, 2018 6:28 pm

false. they could negotiate a contract and S/T Smart as part of the package which would line up the salaries. Or the Celtics could add in a piece like Marcus Morris if need be. The deal could also be completed late summer once the rookie has signed the deal and made it past the deadline for being eligible to be traded...An example of that happening is the Wiggins/Love situation a few years back.

Long story short, it's 100% possible to work out a Davis to Boston deal without including Kyrie, Hayward or Horford.
ddb
RealGM

Post#16 » by ddb » Fri Jan 5, 2018 6:40 pm

colaroaster wrote:danny's dynasty could crumble with his obsession with AD - pls pls don't over-pay :pray:

Honestly, I don't think it matters either way. That's how good of a situation Danny has positioned the Celtics to be in. Think about it.

Scenario 1: Stay the course. Hopefully, the LAL pick conveys 2-5 this year. Hopefully, Hayward comes back at full strength which is essentially like adding a Top 20 player to the current core. If the LAL pick conveys you're adding another young stud. Hopefully, a deal with Smart can be agreed to.
Kyrie-Brown-Hayward-Tatum-Horford w/ Rozier-Smart-Semi-Morris-(Bagley/Ayton/Bamba)-Theis-Bos18-Yabu-etc

That could very well be a Title contender and a team that can win a title moving forward.

Scenario 2: if LAL pick conveys work out an Anthony Davis trade. Not only is AD a superstar, but he's young. Much like Kyrie, Davis fits a particular timeline of players PEAKING. GS has Curry, we have Kyrie. GS has Thompson, we have Hayward. GS has Durant, we have Davis. GS has Green, we have Horford. Plus we still have 1 of Brown or Tatum. we still have Rozier. Semi, Morris, Theis.
Adding Davis to that core could equal multiple rings, which is ALWAYS the name of the game.
We view the Garnett/Allen deals as great deals by Ainge. we view the PP/KG/RA era as a successful one because it brought Boston Banner 17 and nearly Banner 18. But at the end of the day the era only lasted 5 years. the 6th year wasn't the same....It was a short window, but a powerful/successful one.

So which is it? Long-game or short-game? neither is a guarantee. At the end of the day, as much as I LOVE Tatum and Brown....Their upsides are not at Anthony Davis' level. Tatum is a Paul Pierce type, which is awesome. Not a bad thing at all. Brown's upside is who? Maybe an All-Star?

Again, it's a toss up. I won't be mad either way. I love this current team and I cannot imagine how darn good they could be with a healthy Hayward AND another Top 5 pick throw into the mix.

But then again....I think about how special Anthony Davis is....Pair him with Kyrie PLUS Hayward & Horford AND 1 of Brown or Tatum? Good Lord!
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,439

Post#17 » by PierceFan4ever » Fri Jan 5, 2018 6:43 pm

If we have a chance to get Ayton or Bagley, I say screw the AD situation if they want more than Jaylen and either one of those potential players we might draft. I'm still really high on Jaylen and I think both Ayton and Bagley are going to be future stars so that's more than enough as the 2 centerpiece if New Orleans is looking to trade him. No way would I trade Brown, Tatum, and a possible top 5 pick for AD. That's an overpay imo.
liveod
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,082

Post#18 » by liveod » Fri Jan 5, 2018 6:53 pm

Jaylen is gonna help us beat LeBron, and he can cover KD. With a legit star big from this upcoming draft, we don't need AD.
Celtics_Champs wrote:Abby Chin always looks good. She blocked me on Twitter and to this day I have no idea and I never said anything to her. One day I will see her on sidelines and ask her why oh why.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,692

Post#19 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri Jan 5, 2018 7:06 pm

Could we please have one "Anthony Davis fantasies" megathread?
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
ddb
RealGM

Post#20 » by ddb » Fri Jan 5, 2018 7:19 pm

liveod wrote:Jaylen is gonna help us beat LeBron, and he can cover KD. With a legit star big from this upcoming draft, we don't need AD.

I agree that Jaylen is pretty darn good. He's fearless. I love how solid he's become in year 2 on the defensive side.

Return to Boston Celtics