ImageImageImage

Has Rozier finally broken out or is it fools gold?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,366

Re: Has Rozier finally broken out or is it fools gold? 

Post#101 » by tlee324 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:05 am

I love this thread. Rozier is a guy, as a fan of the team, that you just root for and want to see do well. He definitely puts the work in. I'm happy with the progress he's made and hope he doesn't get complacent.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#102 » by cloverleaf » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:31 am

colaroaster wrote:rolling off picks rozies jump-shot’s been compact and quick, really making things look easy. plus he knows how to finish at the rim has to be something for danny to consider when resigning kyrie to max money

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I think improving his % at the rim will be his focus this summer -- really it's about the only hole left in his game -- and we'll see a dramatic improvement by next year.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#103 » by cloverleaf » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:34 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:Lou Williams signed a 3/24M extension— I cant realistically see Rozier not accepting something reasonably similar to that. 4/40 should get it done, IMO.

TRo is still 15 months of further improvement away from the market--but I don't think Danny lets him go to the open market. I see TRo getting a Rondo-type offer, except with current money, next fall. And I'm thinking at least $12M/year.

Folks somehow are still sleeping on him in Boston.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#104 » by cloverleaf » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:39 am

HoopsMalone wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:Ten days later, can we all agree?

TRo has broken out and become one of the C's most consistent and most important players. And of course he's still getting better.

No fool's gold here!

I would've agreed with you several months ago. He's going to get starters money from someone for sure. Maybe not top of the line starters money, but definitely up there. He's a 4/$60 type player easily IMO. Most guards are not good on both sides of the floor.

In a more player friendly cap environment I'd say he's closer to a $4/$72-76M type deal really.

I'd be 3x more concerned with keeping Rozier than Smart as he'd be much more difficult to replace in the lineup

Agreed. I think Danny tries to get a discount by signing him in the fall. Would not shock me at all to see him, rather than Kyrie, here and starting for the team after Kyrie's contract is up.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,251

Post#106 » by TheMartian » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:21 am

cloverleaf wrote:
HoopsMalone wrote:

TRo has broken out and become one of the C's most consistent and most important players. And of course he's still getting better.

No fool's gold here!

I would've agreed with you several months ago. He's going to get starters money from someone for sure. Maybe not top of the line starters money, but definitely up there. He's a 4/$60 type player easily IMO. Most guards are not good on both sides of the floor.

In a more player friendly cap environment I'd say he's closer to a $4/$72-76M type deal really.

I'd be 3x more concerned with keeping Rozier than Smart as he'd be much more difficult to replace in the lineup

Agreed. I think Danny tries to get a discount by signing him in the fall. Would not shock me at all to see him, rather than Kyrie, here and starting for the team after Kyrie's contract is up.

Yes, because Danny just wanted to give away all those assets plus the BRK '18 pick for a couple of years' rental of Kyrie. Do you really, honestly believe that?
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#107 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:00 am

cloverleaf wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:Lou Williams signed a 3/24M extension— I cant realistically see Rozier not accepting something reasonably similar to that. 4/40 should get it done, IMO.

TRo is still 15 months of further improvement away from the market--but I don't think Danny lets him go to the open market. I see TRo getting a Rondo-type offer, except with current money, next fall. And I'm thinking at least $12M/year.

Terry is eligible for an extension prior to this October and can lock him up prior to seeing any development that occurs next season.

I also dont really get how I’m sleeping on Rozier.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#108 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:03 am

cloverleaf wrote:
HoopsMalone wrote:

No fool's gold here!

If this occurred, it’d be a catastrophic failure. Kyrie is significantly more talented than Rozier will ever be.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#109 » by cloverleaf » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:52 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
HoopsMalone wrote:

If this occurred, it’d be a catastrophic failure. Kyrie is significantly more talented than Rozier will ever be.

No question about that (though TRo a better defensive player and rapidly improving his overall game). Still, as Doc always said, the most important ability is availability. TRo is an iron man and Kyrie has definite knee issues. I hope for Kyrie and the C's sake that he's sound enough for another max contract with them--but at this point I am doubtful.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#110 » by cloverleaf » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:55 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

Terry is eligible for an extension prior to this October and can lock him up prior to seeing any development that occurs next season.

That's what I'm saying I think Danny will do, but there is no reason for him to do so before the deadline on it. And I think TRo is significantly more valuable than a Lou Williams.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#111 » by cloverleaf » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:57 am

mzepol wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
HoopsMalone wrote:

Yes, because Danny just wanted to give away all those assets plus the BRK '18 pick for a couple of years' rental of Kyrie. Do you really, honestly believe that?

The issue is Kyrie's knee health. And he's got quite a bit more mileage, including maybe another surgery, to put on before he's up for his next contract. I hope he's good to go, but I think there is a chance he isn't--just like IT.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#112 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:04 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

That's what I'm saying I think Danny will do, but there is no reason for him to do so before the deadline on it. And I think TRo is significantly more valuable than a Lou Williams.

Lou Williams was a near all-star this year— id be ecstatic if Rozier ever reached that level.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#113 » by return2glory » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:08 pm

At this point, yes!

Rozier has had a really good 6-8 weeks where he has been consistently good. You can also tell his confidence level is going up.

I love seeing young CeltIc players showing improvements in their games, especially when they play consistently well. Rozier has been finally doing that. And it’s not by chance. Something has finally clicked. It fun to see.

I’ve been hard on Rozier over the past year. I was one of the few here that liked the pick when Danny drafted him because I watch him in college and really liked his game. It’s nice to finally see him playing to his potential. He still has a lot of work to do but he is on the right track. Their is a lot to like about the strides he has been making.

Props to Terry!
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#114 » by return2glory » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:12 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Lou Williams was a near all-star this year— id be ecstatic if Rozier ever reached that level.

I’d be ecstatic too if Rozier reaches Luo’s Level. But Terry is already a better defender and rebounder and his shooting and passing is improving. Rozier is closing that gap.
HoopsMalone
Veteran
And1: 1,548

Post#115 » by HoopsMalone » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:11 pm

mzepol wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
HoopsMalone wrote:

He said it would not SHOCK him. It wouldn't shock me either. You don't know what type of shape Kyrie's knee will be in and Kyrie is almost certainly going to have -EV on his next big deal.. he's just eligible for too much money
HoopsMalone
Veteran

Post#116 » by HoopsMalone » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:27 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

I think Cloverleaf meant in terms of impact on the floor, not ppg.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#117 » by cloverleaf » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:10 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Lou Williams with his best year yet, no doubt. But he'll also be 32 next year. TRo shooting better from the 3 this season than Lou has in 12 years in the league. TRo also a much better rebounder, assist man, and defender--with fewer TOs. Lou right now with the better averages from the 2 and the FT line, but I expect young Mr. Rozier to keep improving in both those areas.
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#118 » by GreenBloodedC » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:28 am

Could Rozier be better than Avery Bradley?
HoopsMalone
Veteran

Post#119 » by HoopsMalone » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:35 am

GreenBloodedC wrote:Could Rozier be better than Avery Bradley?

Seriously?

Bradley is possibly on his way out of the league right now. Guy looks totally washed up.

Rozier is already better than Bradley ever was as a Celtic, easily. Bradley never had the type of impact on either end of the floor that Rozier has had this year alone. Bradley is a defensive liability despite all his efforts

I gotta admit its weird how reluctant your fanbase has been to get behind Rozier this year
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#120 » by GreenBloodedC » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:40 am

HoopsMalone wrote:
GreenBloodedC wrote:Could Rozier be better than Avery Bradley?

Seriously?

Bradley is possibly on his way out of the league right now. Guy looks totally washed up.

Rozier is already better than Bradley ever was as a Celtic, easily. Bradley never had the type of impact on either end of the floor that Rozier has had this year alone. Bradley is a defensive liability despite all his efforts

I gotta admit its weird how reluctant your fanbase has been to get behind Rozier this year

I've been a supporter of Rozier, but what I am referring to was Bradley during his prime. He's one of the best defenders in the league with a decent jump shot.

Return to Boston Celtics