ImageImageImage

Around the NBA 2018 (Non-Celtics Talk)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Moose23
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Re: RE: Re: Around the NBA 2018 (Non-Celtics Talk) 

Post#801 » by Moose23 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:55 pm

KGboss wrote:
Moose23 wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:Drummond is absolutely terrible, I want no part of him.

Horford hasnt been a world beater.

IMO if you have someone like leonard at the PF spot, you need a beast at the center spot.
What if Leonard is contemplating retirment?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

then obviously no, making a move for him would only be smart if he just doesn't want to play for SAS anymore.

It would be really strange for, at this point in his career, to retire. but maybe...
bigfoot_cryptozoology
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,294

Re: Around the NBA 2018 (Non-Celtics Talk) 

Post#802 » by bigfoot_cryptozoology » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:20 pm

"It is really selfish for Kawhi's teammates to put their own desire to win games ahead of Kawhi's desire to get paid."
Taget
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,058

Post#803 » by London2Boston » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:08 pm

Just the mere possibility of Kawhi as a Celtic has me orgasmic. Won’t happen though.
JR Hawks
Starter
And1: 897

Post#804 » by JR Hawks » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:26 pm

titlebound1 wrote:
JR Hawks wrote:
Edug27 wrote:Are the Nets tanking?? Goodness. Had almost a 30 pt line at one point..

The Nets are beyond awful. Ainge will have dodged a bullet if that doesn't end up a Top 3 pick or even the top pick. I like Kyrie but that trade was too risky for my liking.

You really think that landing one of the best players in the league for a draft pick was risky?? We still have the Sacramento and Memphis picks.

How does having the Sacramento and Memphis picks, which may not end up being that good, impact the value of the 2018 Brooklyn pick? It doesn't at all.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Post#805 » by ZeroTolerance » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:47 pm

Moose23 wrote:But as long as it really inst a physical injury why not make an offer for him. That would be one crazy player add. Would still need a stud bigman but Irving/Hayward/Leonard and one of Brown or Tatum makes a hell of a 1-4 lineup

Tatum, S. Johnson and picks for Leonard
Horford Nader and Boston pick for Drummond and Johnson

Irving
Brown
Hayward
Leonard
Drummond

Detroit wouldn't do that trade....and quite honestly neither should we...I'd rather have Tatum on the rookie scale than Leonard anyway... Tatum could easily end up being the better player...

The only stud big man I would consider going after would be Anthony Davis...But I'd wait until he becomes a free agent to do so...by that time Horford's contract would be up and we would be looking at maxing Kyrie...that would pretty much eat up the available salary to sign them both....and maybe by then Rozier will have taken that next step?...Who knows?

But I wouldn't bet all my chips on Leonard off of this season's performance...rather keep both Tatum and Brown and let the chips fall where they may on acquiring AD or maxing Kyrie....

And Drummond has become a dinosaur as much as "Superman" 30/30 Dwight Howard has in this modern day NBA....Big men must be able to shoot threes these days in order to stretch the defenses out and having a guy like Horford who also can pass the ball is a plus.......JMO here but I wouldn't want to do either trade...
Iguodaladon
Pro Prospect
And1: 954

Post#806 » by Iguodaladon » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:52 pm

Man, can't we just enjoy our own players for once. Roster is starting to look tasty with Tatum, Brown, Irving and Hayward. Let's enjoy these young players and watch them grow I say
Obama to Zach Lavine: ‘I used to be able to get up like you back in the day.’
Jaren Jackson Jr on Doncic: 'I thought he was a myth'
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,300

Post#807 » by Tyakack » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:53 pm

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people would refuse to give up rookie role players for MVP talent lol.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man

Post#808 » by ZeroTolerance » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:05 pm

Iguodaladon wrote:Man, can't we just enjoy our own players for once. Roster is starting to look tasty with Tatum, Brown, Irving and Hayward. Let's enjoy these young players and watch them grow I say

Me too...
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man

Post#809 » by ZeroTolerance » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:10 pm

Tyakack wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how so many people would refuse to give up rookie role players for MVP talent lol.

Why give up a young stud for a guy who may end up being damaged goods?.... and why give this guy a max contract to boot?

Don't forget....Hes played for Pops his whole career to date....Maybe he doesn't do as well somewhere else?
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,287

Post#810 » by Marvel » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:12 pm

This Kawhi situation has become a **** circus. At this point i think Kawhi needs to just stop bullshitting and play. Even Manu thinks he's not coming back. C'mon now, how you gonna let Manu, Tony and Pop down like that? These guys been through the trenches where's the respect.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man

Post#811 » by ZeroTolerance » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:16 pm

double post...sorry..
Moose23
Analyst

Post#812 » by Moose23 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:22 pm

ZeroTolerance wrote:
Moose23 wrote:But as long as it really inst a physical injury why not make an offer for him. That would be one crazy player add. Would still need a stud bigman but Irving/Hayward/Leonard and one of Brown or Tatum makes a hell of a 1-4 lineup

Irving
Brown
Hayward
Leonard
Drummond

Detroit wouldn't do that trade....and quite honestly neither should we...I'd rather have Tatum on the rookie scale than Leonard anyway... Tatum could easily end up being the better player...

The only stud big man I would consider going after would be Anthony Davis...But I'd wait until he becomes a free agent to do so...by that time Horford's contract would be up and we would be looking at maxing Kyrie...that would pretty much eat up the available salary to sign them both....and maybe by then Rozier will have taken that next step?...Who knows?

But I wouldn't bet all my chips on Leonard off of this season's performance...rather keep both Tatum and Brown and let the chips fall where they may on acquiring AD or maxing Kyrie....

And Drummond has become a dinosaur as much as "Superman" 30/30 Dwight Howard has in this modern day NBA....Big men must be able to shoot threes these days in order to stretch the defenses out and having a guy like Horford who also can pass the ball is a plus.......JMO here but I wouldn't want to do either trade...

I like Tatum, but Leonard is an MVP candidate. I dont know if Tatum ever gets there, Kawhi IS.
Tyakack
Lead Assistant

Post#813 » by Tyakack » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:22 pm

ZeroTolerance wrote:
Tyakack wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how so many people would refuse to give up rookie role players for MVP talent lol.

Why give up a young stud for a guy who may end up being damaged goods?

Don't forget....Hes played for Pops his whole career to date....Maybe he doesn't do as well somewhere else?

Hmmmm, maybe because that young stud may or may not ever become even half the player kawhi is right now? Obviously you wouldn't trade for him without making sure his injury issue isn't serious first. Also, I'll take my chances with an MVP talent not suddenly sucking when playing for another team, for another great coach...mind you.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man

Post#814 » by ZeroTolerance » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:34 pm

Tyakack wrote:
ZeroTolerance wrote:

Hmmmm, maybe because that young stud may or may not ever become even half the player kawhi is right now? Obviously you wouldn't trade for him without making sure his injury issue isn't serious first. Also, I'll take my chances with an MVP talent not suddenly sucking when playing for another team, for another great coach...mind you.

Don't forget his salary considerations... while Tatum won't need to get paid right off....theres only so much money you can spend....You know?....What about Kyrie...He comes due pretty soon...what if you get a shot at AD?... but you have no money to sign him?
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#815 » by Edug27 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:47 pm

ZeroTolerance wrote:
Iguodaladon wrote:Man, can't we just enjoy our own players for once. Roster is starting to look tasty with Tatum, Brown, Irving and Hayward. Let's enjoy these young players and watch them grow I say

Me too...

Wrong GM for that.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man

Post#816 » by ZeroTolerance » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:47 pm

Moose23 wrote:
ZeroTolerance wrote:

Irving
Brown
Hayward
Leonard
Drummond

I like Tatum, but Leonard is an MVP candidate. I dont know if Tatum ever gets there, Kawhi IS.

Off this year.....no.....His value has dropped...And if the Spurs suddenly are looking to trade him, it will diminish more...

If they have given up on him, there may be a good reason for that?...but he's not on the trading block just yet....is he?

Just too many questions and what if's about Leonard to suit me....Something is definitely not right there......That's a good reason to stand clear...
Tyakack
Lead Assistant

Post#817 » by Tyakack » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:55 pm

ZeroTolerance wrote:
Tyakack wrote:
ZeroTolerance wrote:

Don't forget his salary considerations... while Tatum won't need to get paid right off....theres only so much money you can spend....You know?....What about Kyrie...He comes due pretty soon...what if you get a shot at AD?... but you have no money to sign him?

Both kawhi and AD makes a real championship contender for years and years to come. Whichever one becomes available first you pounce. Regardless of which you may prefer slightly over the other.
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man

Post#818 » by ZeroTolerance » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:03 pm

Edug27 wrote:
ZeroTolerance wrote:

Me too...

Wrong GM for that.

IMO Leonard would have to come dirt cheap for Ainge to jump at that....If Leonard didn't have to be paid right off, then it would be worth a gamble.....But maxing a guy who has been sitting most of the year?... UH-UH...not likely...Danny is shrewd but he wouldn't gamble unless he had an inside straight....and you can best believe that Pops wouldn't be looking to send Leonard away unless there was a problem....
ZeroTolerance
Sixth Man

Post#819 » by ZeroTolerance » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:15 pm

Tyakack wrote:
ZeroTolerance wrote:
Tyakack wrote:

Both kawhi and AD makes a real championship contender for years and years to come. Whichever one becomes available first you pounce. Regardless of which you may prefer slightly over the other.

But you can't pay them both...and keep Kyrie....And don't forget you have already maxed out Gordon Hayward....IMO AD when he becomes a FA makes more sense....be patient...Pops won't part company with Leonard unless Leonard wants out and is willing to take less money to do that....but as much as we can debate the issue, what's the chance of that happening?....probably none...
Moose23
Analyst

Post#820 » by Moose23 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:45 pm

ZeroTolerance wrote:
Tyakack wrote:
ZeroTolerance wrote:

But you can't pay them both...and keep Kyrie....And don't forget you have already maxed out Gordon Hayward....IMO AD when he becomes a FA makes more sense....be patient...Pops won't part company with Leonard unless Leonard wants out and is willing to take less money to do that....but as much as we can debate the issue, what's the chance of that happening?....probably none...

AD as a free agent is essentially impossible

Return to Boston Celtics