ImageImageImage

All-NBA Guard Voting. Is Kyrie Irving a Lock?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Re: All-NBA Guard Voting. Is Kyrie Irving a Lock? 

Post#21 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:36 pm

3D Chess wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:For salary cap purposes, I hope Kyrie doesn't make another All-NBA team until 2020. Lol

Don't think that matters, since he was traded after serving more than 4 years in Cleveland. Not eligible for the supermax (I may be wrong).

3rd team would be a great accomplishment (he's done it once before). Being one of the 6 best guards on the planet is no cakewalk.

Ah, you are correct. My bad! He would have needed to have been traded while still on his rookie contract to have been eligible for the Supermax. Thanks for pointing that out to me.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#22 » by Smitty731 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Moose23 wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:
Bar Fight wrote:Kyrie is hated in the media so probably not.

Man you couldn't be further off on this.

Someone who is hated by the media would not have a movie.

Even Lebron never got his own flick

That has nothing to do with it. Jim Brown was in movies and the media hated and still hates him.

Plus, anyone can make a movie if they have enough money.

It is related to the fact that the vast majority of the media really likes Kyrie and finds him interesting, genuine and very quotable.
Moose23
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#23 » by Moose23 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:12 pm

Smitty731 wrote:
Moose23 wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:
Man you couldn't be further off on this.

That has nothing to do with it. Jim Brown was in movies and the media hated and still hates him.

It is related to the fact that the vast majority of the media really likes Kyrie and finds him interesting, genuine and very quotable.

I thought the Jim Brown hate came after the movies,
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#24 » by Smitty731 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:21 pm

Moose23 wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:
Moose23 wrote:

I...I...I'm literally left speechless with how to respond to this.
Moose23
Analyst

Post#25 » by Moose23 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:59 pm

Smitty731 wrote:
Moose23 wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:

I...I...I'm literally left speechless with how to respond to this.

I wasnt around during the Jim Brown era, I do not remember, nor can I be bothered to look up his history of Media Relations.

But his speaking out later in his life (after playing career) , I assumed, led to some discord with media.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#26 » by truth18 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:06 pm

Moose23 wrote:I assumed

You really need to lose that Raps forum attitude. We **** up a lot on this forum but the reason we're better than a lot of realgm is that we tend to avoid platitudes and sweeping assumptions more than the other forums.
YOU LOSE
Moose23
Analyst

Post#27 » by Moose23 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:28 pm

truth18 wrote:
Moose23 wrote:I assumed

You really need to lose that Raps forum attitude. We **** up a lot on this forum but the reason we're better than a lot of realgm is that we tend to avoid platitudes and sweeping assumptions more than the other forums.

I never had a raps forum attitude.

but I do know that Brown brought a lot of heat much later in life when speaking out on certain issues.

imo its all moot anyway as I believe the media/public loves Kyrie.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#28 » by wco81 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:33 am

Bill Simmons said in his podcast that some very good guards may not get one of the 6 all-NBA spots.

That list could include Kyrie.

Is Kyrie already on track to earn the $200 million extension or does he have to make the all-NBA roster a couple more times before his current contract is up?
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,839

Post#29 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:09 am

It's both crazy and a shame that Irving might get left off the All-NBA team voting now that he'll miss the rest of the regular season. The guard spot is so competitive this year that he could get demerits due to missed games regardless of how the team performed with him.

Lillard, Harden, Westbrook, and DeRozan seem like locks to me. So that leaves two spots between many equally deserving candidates who can still make their case these last three weeks.
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#30 » by 2Mas » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:00 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:It's both crazy and a shame that Irving might get left off the All-NBA team voting now that he'll miss the rest of the regular season. The guard spot is so competitive this year that he could get demerits due to missed games regardless of how the team performed with him.

Lillard, Harden, Westbrook, and DeRozan seem like locks to me. So that leaves two spots between many equally deserving candidates who can still make their case these last three weeks.

Kyrie's gonna miss 22 games.
I'd assume Curry is out missing 31 games.

I;d guess ::
1st Team:: Harden, Lillard
2nd Team:: Westbrook, DeRozan
& this team is a complete toss us
3rd Team :: 2 of Irving / Curry / Paul / Oladipo.

i'd bet Oladipo cause games played. & 1 of the injured fellas. I do hope Irving.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#31 » by 3D Chess » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:29 pm

CP3 is at 53 games played, Irving got 60. Steph played 51.
Johnny Tomala
Veteran
And1: 2,102

Post#32 » by Johnny Tomala » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:01 pm

Where is some FAQ or rules how much games must player play in the season to make 1st team or any other team. If games played requirement would not be counted, I'd have this players in (I count Butler as SF, if he's as SG I'd have him in 2nd team over Westbrook and 3rd team would cometwo players from DeRozan/Irving/Paul - DeRozan and Irving):
1st Team - Harden and Curry
2nd Team - Lilard and Westbrook
3rd Team - DeRozan and Irving

Once again, Butler as SF in my voting.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#33 » by wco81 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:15 pm

It doesn't matter as much to Curry, since he got his $200 million+ deal already.

But the others (besides Westbrook) are looking to get that super max so it matters to them.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by 3D Chess » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:19 pm

wco81 wrote:It doesn't matter as much to Curry, since he got his $200 million+ deal already.

But the others (besides Westbrook) are looking to get that super max so it matters to them.

Nope, Irving is ineligible since he was traded after his original rookie deal.
Theocy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,428

Post#35 » by Theocy » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:30 pm

Why do people place derozan higher than Kyrie ? Can someone break down their stats ? I thought Kyrie was doing more on court .

I also hate the Westbrook bandwagon. The guy is one of the most athletic pgs that ever played yet he looks like those triple doubles are more important than life in general.

I've seen people claiming that in 80% of games won by OKC Westbrook had a triple double. Thats confusing correlation with causation. A good idea would be to check how many games they lost because he was after that stat.

I can think at least one with Kyrie making the free throws and getting the rebound because Westbrook went for the rebound instead of a big.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by 3D Chess » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:35 pm

Theocy wrote:Why do people place derozan higher than Kyrie ? Can someone break down their stats ? I thought Kyrie was doing more on court .

Could have had an argument before the time missed to injury.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#37 » by ddb » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:32 pm

tough call because of injuries. Curry/Kyrie were no brainers until their injuries. Can Curry be 1st team having played only 51 regular season games? I say no. Kyrie will have played 60. I say "no" to either one of those guys on first team.

My vote that doesn't matter:

1st Team- Harden/Westbrook
2nd Team-DeRozen/Lillard
3rd Team- Curry/Irving

Return to Boston Celtics