ImageImageImage

Victory Cigar!!! OKC 99 @ BOS 100 (48-23)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who smokes it tonight?

Horford
No votes
Morris
28%
Tatum
66%
Baynes
No votes
Rozier
No votes
Monroe
No votes
Larkin
5%
Ojeleye
No votes
Nader
No votes
Other (specify)
2%

Total votes: 129

Moose23
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Re: Victory Cigar!!! OKC 99 @ BOS 100 (48-23) 

Post#121 » by Moose23 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:39 pm

itrsteve wrote:
Moose23 wrote:Tatum looks great when the first option. Problem is here, when team is healthy, he is isnt.

But tatum, terry and morris for davis doesnt seem so much like an underpay now.

Irving/larkin
Brown/smart
Hayward/semi? Ring chaser?
Horford/yabs? Ring chaser?
Davis/theis

Thats a scary scary team.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Let this **** go, I feel like a broken record saying this over and over, but let AD turn down his player option in two seasons and we can take him as we waive goodbye to Horford. We don’t have to bet the farm to get him. Two more wasted seasons in that sweathole, should be all he needs to leave voluntarily.

How on earth do you propose that we have the capspace to get him in 2 years?

Smart pay raise, Irving payraise, Brown payraise, Tatum eligle for extension, Rozier payraise, Hayward. We will be at or over the cap with those guys and have no capspace to offer AD anything NEAR what he is worth.

Its is fiscally impossible for team to sign him in 2 years just with letting Horford go. Have to trade alot of pieces for nothing to create capspace.

in 2019-2020 we will have:
Gordon 35 mill
Tatum - 10 mill
Brown - 15 or so mill
Smart 10 mill
Kyrie - 30-35 or so mill

105 million in 5 guys, how you gonna offer AD a 30 mill a year contract?
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,025

Post#122 » by Ben-N1ce » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:44 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
Ben-N1ce wrote:I voted Tatum easily could have been Morris since he well..hit the winning shot lol

Should he have taken that shot, or should he have passed to a wide-open Horford?

Al's been scared to shoot. He didn't deserve the shot.
TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,229

Post#123 » by TheSheriff » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:02 pm

DarkAzcura wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:
Read on Twitter

lol KG’s energy is crazy

This clip is great for so many reasons. First he predicts three different guys to take the game winner.

Two, KG: "keep it all together...[Danny Ainge is] overthinking things, mess it all up." If I were Freud, I’d say he is talking about his own experiences.

I thought KG was kidding based on your description, but he got real quiet and serious when he said that. Haha, I wonder where KG thinks Ainge messed up. Perk probably. KG loved Perk. Maybe Tony Allen too. Tony Allen made his own choice, though, so maybe not.

I agree, though. Keep it together Danny please.

Yeah. KG went to a dark place there for a minute.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#124 » by SmartWentCrazy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:13 pm

Tatum’s ability to create for others is very underrated and has been going back to when DX released that ‘Iso Killer’ video. Was so frustrating arguing against people who labeled him a black hole without watching him play. Happy to be on the right side of history on that one.
OFWGKTA
General Manager
And1: 12,141

Post#125 » by OFWGKTA » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:20 pm

Forgot about the game, saw the Celtics were down 6 with like 25 seconds left, figured not to bother getting a stream going lol
Froob wrote:Friends is like Kyle Lowry, everyone says it's amazing but you sit down and watch it and you're just like meh...

GuyClinch wrote: Regulation is mostly to blame - also excessive medical costs.
SeizeCoup
Lead Assistant
And1: 665

Post#126 » by SeizeCoup » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:21 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:Tatum’s ability to create for others is very underrated and has been going back to when DX released that ‘Iso Killer’ video. Was so frustrating arguing against people who labeled him a black hole without watching him play. Happy to be on the right side of history on that one.

He has definitely shown flashes, more so recently.

He needs the ball in his hands. With all the injuries, JT HAS to have most of the offense run through him when he’s on the court.
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,217

Post#127 » by itrsteve » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:24 pm

Moose23 wrote:
itrsteve wrote:
Moose23 wrote:Tatum looks great when the first option. Problem is here, when team is healthy, he is isnt.

But tatum, terry and morris for davis doesnt seem so much like an underpay now.

Irving/larkin
Brown/smart
Hayward/semi? Ring chaser?
Horford/yabs? Ring chaser?
Davis/theis

Thats a scary scary team.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Let this **** go, I feel like a broken record saying this over and over, but let AD turn down his player option in two seasons and we can take him as we waive goodbye to Horford. We don’t have to bet the farm to get him. Two more wasted seasons in that sweathole, should be all he needs to leave voluntarily.

Smart pay raise, Irving payraise, Brown payraise, Tatum eligle for extension, Rozier payraise, Hayward. We will be at or over the cap with those guys and have no capspace to offer AD anything NEAR what he is worth.

Its is fiscally impossible for team to sign him in 2 years just with letting Horford go. Have to trade alot of pieces for nothing to create capspace.

Gordon 35 mill
Tatum - 10 mill
Brown - 15 or so mill
Smart 10 mill
Kyrie - 30-35 or so mill

You do realize you threw out a trade proposal that is $15m going out and $25m coming in next season? Also two of those would be on contract years. Check your math before checking mine.

Valid points on cap management going forward but you’re also reiterating problems that exist with AD or not. But it would be nice to gamble future prospects, get AD’s bird rights and the privilege to sign his delicate body to a super max though.

Horfords final season is $30m, that’s a damn good start to figure out how to pay AD.

What happens with the Irving, Brown and Smart contracts had to be figured out either way. I doubt they will all be around come 2020 anyway.
Moose23
Analyst

Post#128 » by Moose23 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:43 pm

itrsteve wrote:
Moose23 wrote:
itrsteve wrote:

Gordon 35 mill
Tatum - 10 mill
Brown - 15 or so mill
Smart 10 mill
Kyrie - 30-35 or so mill

You do realize you threw out a trade proposal that is $15m going out and $25m coming in next season? Also two of those would be on contract years. Check your math before checking mine.

Valid points on cap management going forward but you’re also reiterating problems that exist with AD or not. But it would be nice to gamble future prospects, get AD’s bird rights and the privilege to sign his delicate body to a super max though.

Horfords final season is $30m, that’s a damn good start to figure out how to pay AD.

What happens with the Irving, Brown and Smart contracts had to be figured out either way. I doubt they will all be around come 2020 anyway.

Tatum, Rozier, Morris and about 9 mill in salary gets the deal done financially (resigned and traded Baynes, or Monroe, on a 1 year deal makes it work.

Tatum, Rozier, Morris, Monroe (1 year 9 mill) and a pick for Davis.
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,460

Post#129 » by celtxman » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:14 pm

Homerclease wrote:1/13 combined from Semi and Nader last night. Just brutal. They really need Brown back ASAP going forward.
This is starting to have a real "James Young" feel to it. Instead of cutting Nader or simply using the 15th roster spot to get Gerald Green when he was a free agent waiting to be had for the veteran's minimum, we chose to stay with players that can't step up. Green, would have been ridiculously perfect for this team...... again. A couple of games back for Houston, after two DNP's Green got 12 points 5-5 from the field in 15 minutes. Nah we couldn't have used him
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,993

Post#130 » by cl2117 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:36 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:Tatum’s ability to create for others is very underrated and has been going back to when DX released that ‘Iso Killer’ video. Was so frustrating arguing against people who labeled him a black hole without watching him play. Happy to be on the right side of history on that one.

Definitely underrated, but I also think he has a lot of room for improvement.

In particular, I think he could be a lot better at creating for others off of the dribble in the half-court. I feel like at the start of possessions he likes to try and take his guy off the dribble one on one for a second or two and then he dishes it back out to the top of the key to re-set if he doesn't see a lane. That's all well and good, but I think the next step in his development will be to initiate something out of that original penetration, either via keeping the ball in his hands and calling for a screen or kicking out when the collapse on him.

In a lot of those situations it feels like he's looking for his own and then gets back into the team set, but he isn't able to combine the two seamlessly yet.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#131 » by SmartWentCrazy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:13 pm

cl2117 wrote:

Definitely underrated, but I also think he has a lot of room for improvement.

In particular, I think he could be a lot better at creating for others off of the dribble in the half-court. I feel like at the start of possessions he likes to try and take his guy off the dribble one on one for a second or two and then he dishes it back out to the top of the key to re-set if he doesn't see a lane. That's all well and good, but I think the next step in his development will be to initiate something out of that original penetration, either via keeping the ball in his hands and calling for a screen or kicking out when the collapse on him.

In a lot of those situations it feels like he's looking for his own and then gets back into the team set, but he isn't able to combine the two seamlessly yet.

Hes definitely still raw, but hes flashed some good potential, especially with his recent increased role. Im optimistic he can develop in this regard similarly to a guy like Kevin Durant.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,621

Post#132 » by Green89 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:18 pm

celtxman wrote:
Homerclease wrote:1/13 combined from Semi and Nader last night. Just brutal. They really need Brown back ASAP going forward.
This is starting to have a real "James Young" feel to it. Instead of cutting Nader or simply using the 15th roster spot to get Gerald Green when he was a free agent waiting to be had for the veteran's minimum, we chose to stay with players that can't step up. Green, would have been ridiculously perfect for this team...... again. A couple of games back for Houston, after two DNP's Green got 12 points 5-5 from the field in 15 minutes. Nah we couldn't have used him

Sign somebody for the playoffs. Anybody, Jordan Crawford, somebody. If we have injuries we’ll get nowhere with Semi, Nader or Yabs getting extended minutes.
strokerace
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,168

Post#133 » by strokerace » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:26 pm

I voted Larkin. It was some ugly ball until CBS finally put Shane in and the whole game sort of changed. CBS obviously sees something in Nader and Jelly and at this point and I trust his vision. If Jelly finally figures out how to put the ball in the net we will have a good player. A lot of you were also dissing TRo last year too.
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#134 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:33 pm

Moose23 wrote:
itrsteve wrote:
Moose23 wrote:

Gordon 35 mill
Tatum - 10 mill
Brown - 15 or so mill
Smart 10 mill
Kyrie - 30-35 or so mill

Tatum, Rozier, Morris and about 9 mill in salary gets the deal done financially (resigned and traded Baynes, or Monroe, on a 1 year deal makes it work.

As far as im concerned we need to try to squeeze a chip out of this group. I see no reason why that isn't a realistic goal. You worry about that other stuff later, and I'm sure ainge has an idea of where he wants the team to go.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
UNCBlue012
Analyst
And1: 4,139

Post#135 » by UNCBlue012 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:42 pm

I just rewatched a video of Tatum's highlights last night and I think I'm turned on. When Tatum is aggressive, he's nearly unguardable.
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#136 » by colaroaster » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:59 pm

ppl here eating crazy pills and think Al supposed to run/play like a shooting guard or Tatum's supposed to create for others like point guard!!
smh
Moose23
Analyst

Post#137 » by Moose23 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:59 pm

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:
Moose23 wrote:
itrsteve wrote:

As far as im concerned we need to try to squeeze a chip out of this group. I see no reason why that isn't a realistic goal. You worry about that other stuff later, and I'm sure ainge has an idea of where he wants the team to go.

Nothing ainge has ever done seems to point towards him not having a plan.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,623

Post#138 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:18 pm

Moose23 wrote:

So you're suggesting signing Monroe for $9 million ... with what cap room or exception?
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Moose23
Analyst

Post#139 » by Moose23 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
Moose23 wrote:

So you're suggesting signing Monroe for $9 million ... with what cap room or exception?

MLE is 8.8 mill.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#140 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:51 pm

DarkAzcura wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:
Read on Twitter

lol KG’s energy is crazy

This clip is great for so many reasons. First he predicts three different guys to take the game winner.

Two, KG: "keep it all together...[Danny Ainge is] overthinking things, mess it all up." If I were Freud, I’d say he is talking about his own experiences.

I thought KG was kidding based on your description, but he got real quiet and serious when he said that. Haha, I wonder where KG thinks Ainge messed up. Perk probably. KG loved Perk. Maybe Tony Allen too. Tony Allen made his own choice, though, so maybe not.

I agree, though. Keep it together Danny please.

Whenever I think back to that season, I always wonder "What would Perk have done had he still been a Celtic during the same game Wade dislocated Rondo's elbow?"

My guess - Perk would still be in jail, waiting for parole. He would have murdered Wade right on the spot.

Return to Boston Celtics