ImageImageImage

Sacramento Kings/L.A. Clippers/Memphis Grizzlies pick watch 2018-2019

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Re: Sacramento Kings/L.A. Clippers/Memphis Grizzlies pick watch 2018-2019 

Post#141 » by Darth Celtic » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:28 am

Sactowndog wrote:
CelticsLV wrote:Kings are similar to Timberwolves before Butler trade - raw talent but no wins. I'm very confident Kings end up in 5-10 range and then it's all up to lotto. More flattened odds + 4 teams being drawn is huge for this pick.

Grizzlies are a wild card. Results and injuries will play a big part in their intentions. They will probably start off trying to win but injury to Gasol or Conley would most likely trigger another tank year. Dissapointing win% could lead to blow up. This pick could end up anywhere from 9 to 16 or not convey at all next year.

Clippers didn't tank last season so i don't expect them doing it this season either. How FA season turns out in the west will tell a lot. George potentially leaving OKC, LeBron's decision, potential Leonard trade. Too many unknowns to project this pick but i'm leaning more towards of it not conveying next year.

D Jordan walks with no compensation. Clippers likely looking to tank so the Boston Pick doesn’t convey. Hurts Boston in two ways: Clippers keep pick and fall below Kings.

just stop dude. Not a single person here will ever take anything you say about the Kings pick seriously, as it's obvious you are a king homer (didn't even know there was such a thing before you). You should hang on the GB with Superdario and Stillwater.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
patman52
Lead Assistant
And1: 848

Post#142 » by patman52 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:17 am

Sactowndog wrote:
CelticsLV wrote:Kings are similar to Timberwolves before Butler trade - raw talent but no wins. I'm very confident Kings end up in 5-10 range and then it's all up to lotto. More flattened odds + 4 teams being drawn is huge for this pick.

Grizzlies are a wild card. Results and injuries will play a big part in their intentions. They will probably start off trying to win but injury to Gasol or Conley would most likely trigger another tank year. Dissapointing win% could lead to blow up. This pick could end up anywhere from 9 to 16 or not convey at all next year.

Clippers didn't tank last season so i don't expect them doing it this season either. How FA season turns out in the west will tell a lot. George potentially leaving OKC, LeBron's decision, potential Leonard trade. Too many unknowns to project this pick but i'm leaning more towards of it not conveying next year.

D Jordan walks with no compensation. Clippers likely looking to tank so the Boston Pick doesn’t convey. Hurts Boston in two ways: Clippers keep pick and fall below Kings.

So the clipper s tank for three straight years? Now next year I think they tank, but the following year the pick will be in the teens and convey.
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#143 » by Tiny ball » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:18 am

Darth Celtic wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

just stop dude. Not a single person here will ever take anything you say about the Kings pick seriously, as it's obvious you are a king homer (didn't even know there was such a thing before you). You should hang on the GB with Superdario and Stillwater.
He has a point. Jerry West hates Boston Celtics.
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Post#144 » by Sactowndog » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:14 am

patman52 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

So the clipper s tank for three straight years? Now next year I think they tank, but the following year the pick will be in the teens and convey.

Depends on whom they can sign in free agency. Typically it takes more than more than 1 high lottery pick and the Clippers have a long history of futility. But signing too free agents is possible.
Sactowndog

Post#145 » by Sactowndog » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:17 am

Darth Celtic wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

Guilty as charged but I’m also a Boston fan. Just because something is true doesn’t make me anti Boston. The point of how many years the Clippers are in the lottery is a valid one however.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,276

Post#146 » by brackdan70 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:23 am

Sactowndog wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

Guilty as charged but I’m also a Boston fan. Just because something is true doesn’t make me anti Boston. The point of how many years the Clippers are in the lottery is a valid one however.

The great thing is the Cs still have 2 better picks and a stacked team so don’t give a dick about this Clippers pick. It would almost be better if it turned into a 2nd down the line cause we have too many assets :)
Sign here
Sactowndog

Post#147 » by Sactowndog » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:00 am

brackdan70 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:just stop dude. Not a single person here will ever take anything you say about the Kings pick seriously, as it's obvious you are a king homer (didn't even know there was such a thing before you). You should hang on the GB with Superdario and Stillwater.

The great thing is the Cs still have 2 better picks and a stacked team so don’t give a dick about this Clippers pick. It would almost be better if it turned into a 2nd down the line cause we have too many assets :)

True though I think the Clippers will be worse than the Kings this year.
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#148 » by brackdan70 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:30 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

:lol: keep the faith.
Sign here
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,867

Post#149 » by Curmudgeon » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:32 pm

The Celtics will likely be paying a substantial amount of luxury tax if these picks turn out to be favorable and if Ainge actually uses them.

The Memphis pick may be the most valuable of all these pciks because the protections lapse in the year when the "one and done" rule will be lifted.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,969

Post#150 » by darrendaye » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:44 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:The Celtics will likely be paying a substantial amount of luxury tax if these picks turn out to be favorable and if Ainge actually uses them.

The Memphis pick may be the most valuable of all these pciks because the protections lapse in the year when the "one and done" rule will be lifted.

It kinds of ties into what they will be doing with Horford and/or Hayward in the last year of their respective contracts.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
Sactowndog

Post#151 » by Sactowndog » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:31 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:The great thing is the Cs still have 2 better picks and a stacked team so don’t give a dick about this Clippers pick. It would almost be better if it turned into a 2nd down the line cause we have too many assets :)

I will :D Feel like a sig bet on an over under bet on how many games the kings win this year?
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#152 » by brackdan70 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:47 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

I will :D Feel like a sig bet on an over under bet on how many games the kings win this year?

Let’s wait and see if LeBron signs there first.
Sign here
Sactowndog

Post#153 » by Sactowndog » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:54 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:
brackdan70 wrote: :lol: keep the faith.

Haha. Yeah probably a good idea. I mean you never know....... we are an hour flight from LA :lol:
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#154 » by brackdan70 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:27 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

Haha. Yeah probably a good idea. I mean you never know....... we are an hour flight from LA :lol:

And close to wine country.
Sign here
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,490

Post#155 » by Patsfan1081 » Sun Jul 1, 2018 10:24 am

Seems like bad teams from last year are making vet signings. Don't understand Ariza to the Suns at all. Brooklyn and Dallas also making some good vet signings also, Kings pick looking good.
Larry Legend 33
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,239

Post#156 » by Larry Legend 33 » Mon Jul 2, 2018 12:59 pm

Anyone else thinking about how great this FA has been for the SAC/MEM picks? I mean, it's hard to deny the WC is STACKED. PG staying in OKC ensures they don't blow it up and Lebron joining the Lakers at least ensures a playoff berth.

SAC & MEM finished 12th & 14th in the WC last season, and there isn't anyone on the list I see SAC leapfrogging. Could even see the Suns jump ahead of both if they are serious about getting out of tank-mode. The worst-case scenario I see for MEM is they compete with LAC/DEN for that 10/11 spot, and even that's a stretch.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,490

Post#157 » by Patsfan1081 » Mon Jul 2, 2018 3:06 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

I just don't see it, Clips are still starting all vets(Beverly, Williams, Gallo, Harris, Gortat) while Kings should be starting all players still on rookie contracts. There has been no inclination that's the Kings are so going any vets this summer either.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#158 » by 3D Chess » Mon Jul 2, 2018 3:12 pm

Thought the Kings were 100% getting Hezonja? I saw him on the depth chart and all!
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#159 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Jul 3, 2018 5:22 am

Read on Twitter

Looking forward to watching/following a team other than the Nets this season.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,374

Post#160 » by Homerclease » Tue Jul 3, 2018 9:46 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

Looking forward to watching/following a team other than the Nets this season.

Bagley is the real deal and Giles is gonna be really good too but it’s gonna take time for the team to win games. Pick is solid gold

Return to Boston Celtics