ImageImageImage

Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,639

Re: Trade Thread 

Post#221 » by Smitty731 » Sat May 26, 2018 3:22 am

Roddy wrote:Horford

for

A first round playoff loss?

Actually, not even making the playoffs this year?
Valid
RealGM
And1: 12,656

Post#222 » by Valid » Sat May 26, 2018 4:12 am

You guys are embarrassing yourselves. Seriously.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,384

Post#223 » by Jaqua92 » Sat May 26, 2018 4:21 am

Valid wrote:You guys are embarrassing yourselves. Seriously.

Doubt it. Its a message board. No one cares how they come off to people who disagree with them online. Nor should they feel embarassed.

That said, trading is a bit reactionary. But to each their own. I just dont get why fans here are so concerned with how their fellow fans chose to rationalize their fustrations. Thats no one's business but their's.
Valid
RealGM
And1: 12,656

Post#224 » by Valid » Sat May 26, 2018 4:23 am

Jaqua92 wrote:

Doubt it. Its a message board. No one cares how they come off to people who disagree with them online. Nor should they feel embarassed.

That said, trading is a bit reactionary. But to each their own. I just dont get why fans here are so concerned with how their fellow fans chose to rationalize their fustrations. Thats no one's business but their's.

No. They absolutely should feel embarrassed for themselves, and they probably will when they wake up and read their messages tomorrow morning.
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#225 » by GoGreen » Sat May 26, 2018 4:49 am

I know Horf sucked tonight, but he's been very good all postseason long. If anyone should go, it should've been Smart. I've had enough of his brand of hero ball. Sign him for a cheap deal, sure, but otherwise, I won't hate to see him go.
keevsnick1
Veteran
And1: 4,069

Post#226 » by keevsnick1 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:00 am

If you'd asked me before the playoffs if I'm trading Brown and/or Tatum I would have said yes. i would have considered one (not both) for Kawhi. But now, I just wouldn't do it. I get Kawhi is better than them, maybe better than they ever will be, but I don't think its impossible that Tatum or Brown reach that level. Even if neither is a top 5 player/MVP level guy either one could reach a top 15/all nba level or at least an all star level, and given their age, price and health I'll take that over Kawhi. The low price of each the next two years will allow us to field at least two more seasons of an elite NBA team, and then as Brown and Tatum come up for money you let Horford/Hayward go (Horford will be 34, Hayward 31 when their contracts including options expire), you replace those two with lottery picks from SAC/MEM as we role forward and bang, 8-10 year window.

Really what it comes down to is they are better with the balls in their hands being the focus of an offense than I thought. Brown I was worried would be stuck shooting three and driving close outs as a nice role player. But he is alot more dynamic off the dribble and can score in alot more ways (Post up, spot up three, off screen three, mid range iso, floater, transition, off close outs, cutting, half court drives) than I thought. I have alot more confidence that his offense is scalable and that he'll score enough to be a solid #2 option with 21-25 points a game on a contender. And Tatum has shown such a refined offensive game with the ability to get his own shots that I think he can be a 25+ point a game scorer at his best and a #1 option. If you have a #1 and #2 option lined up taking the long approach if alot more defensible, since we dont have to hit home runs with every pick, just find solid role players (and a Horfrod replacement) to fill around our two wings.

Now of course there are no guarantees, but trading for a Kawhi and hoping our injured stars are healthy isnt a guarantee for a chip either. The one guy who I would consider moving one of these young guys for is AD, and I just dont think he's ever gonna be available with the Pel's making progress this year and him being eligible for the supermax (230 million!) next summer. As fro Towns, love him but I don't know if he's the kind of guy who championship teams are built around. He's terrible defensively and in a wing/guard dominated league its hard t win if your best guy is a no defense center. So ya, I will stay the course. i would be oopen for a Rozier/Mem pick trade if we can get into the 5-9 range and take a big this year.
Jakeopp
General Manager
And1: 9,946

Post#227 » by Jakeopp » Sat May 26, 2018 5:07 am

He plays a little soft for a big guy, and he’s never going to bring you to the Promised Land

- Bob Cousy on Al Horford
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#228 » by Roddy » Sat May 26, 2018 8:46 am

Smitty731 wrote:
Roddy wrote:Horford

for

Spoiler:

A first round playoff loss?

Actually, not even making the playoffs this year?

That was a joke. Just mocking some of the knee jerk reactions on the GT.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#229 » by FlatearthZorro » Sat May 26, 2018 11:12 am

GoGreen wrote:I know Horf sucked tonight, but he's been very good all postseason long. If anyone should go, it should've been Smart. I've had enough of his brand of hero ball. Sign him for a cheap deal, sure, but otherwise, I won't hate to see him go.

He's not going anywhere, he's proven he's a great 3rd option on a championship team. Will be even better next year with the all-stars back.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Pacino62
Analyst
And1: 2,436

Post#230 » by Pacino62 » Sat May 26, 2018 11:38 am

FlatearthZorro wrote:
GoGreen wrote:I know Horf sucked tonight, but he's been very good all postseason long. If anyone should go, it should've been Smart. I've had enough of his brand of hero ball. Sign him for a cheap deal, sure, but otherwise, I won't hate to see him go.

He's not going anywhere, he's proven he's a great 3rd option on a championship team. Will be even better next year with the all-stars back.

Yep. And with another year for Brown and JT, he might only have to be the 4th or 5th option. Let that sync in for a minute.
“All due respect and I’m generally curious but who tf is cousin steez” ~ MagicBagley18

"i see celtics fans here are nothing but a s s holes so good bye not going to waste my time with you lowlifes." ~ HornetsFan29
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,011

Post#231 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat May 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Pacino62 wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

Yep. And with another year for Brown and JT, he might only have to be the 4th or 5th option. Let that sync in for a minute.

Maybe too simplistic, but to me I've always viewed him as our better-shooting, less intense, less douchey version of Draymond Green, a high level do-it-all glue guy on the court. We're one win away from the Finals while missing our "KD & Curry". Dunno if Dubs even make it past the 1st round with just Klay and opponents keying in on/doubling Draymond. It's all about persepective and expectations. I knew what we were getting when we signed Horford. For me, he has given us all that and more. Definitely didn't expect him to make an all-defensive team in the duration of his contract and anchor a #1 defense. I do think he had a bad game, which he himself admitted to. But without him, this team would be fishing by now.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Post#232 » by Baller1234a » Sat May 26, 2018 9:49 pm

Would you guys do Lou Williams for Morris Nader Yabusele and LAC 1st returned.
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,220

Post#233 » by reload141 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:51 pm

Baller1234a wrote:Would you guys do Lou Williams for Morris Nader Yabusele and LAC 1st returned.

That’s just shuffling the deck. We either go after someone big (Star or use pieces to move up in the draft) or bring everyone back healthy. IMO
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant

Post#234 » by Baller1234a » Sat May 26, 2018 9:55 pm

reload141 wrote:
Baller1234a wrote:Would you guys do Lou Williams for Morris Nader Yabusele and LAC 1st returned.

That’s just shuffling the deck. We either go after someone big (Star or use pieces to move up in the draft) or bring everyone back healthy. IMO

I’m doing a realgm team challenge where I traded Rozier and picks for the 4th pick. Now I kind of have a weak scoring bench so I thought Williams would help because Hayward will take Morris s mins anyway.
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,940

Post#235 » by darrendaye » Sat May 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Baller1234a wrote:
reload141 wrote:

I’m doing a realgm team challenge where I traded Rozier and picks for the 4th pick. Now I kind of have a weak scoring bench so I thought Williams would help because Hayward will take Morris s mins anyway.

Use those same core players to get Vucevic from Orlando instead, then sign me up.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant

Post#236 » by Baller1234a » Sat May 26, 2018 10:20 pm

darrendaye wrote:
Baller1234a wrote:
reload141 wrote:

Use those same core players to get Vucevic from Orlando instead, then sign me up.

But we already have Horford and I’m most likely getting Bagley or JJJ. Don’t see why we would need Vucevic.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,600

Post#237 » by Green89 » Mon May 28, 2018 3:03 am

Brown, Rozier, Morris and Smart for Kawhi.
Jakeopp
General Manager
And1: 9,946

Post#238 » by Jakeopp » Mon May 28, 2018 3:42 am

Brown + Kings pick for Kawhi. Kid is too inconsistent and raw at this stage. Probably won't get anywhere close to Kawhi's level anyways. I couldn't care less about adding another 19 year old next off-season unless he's the second coming. I want to win now, 19 year olds don't usually help with that.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,528

Post#239 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon May 28, 2018 5:24 am

Jakeopp wrote:

He plays a little soft for a big guy, and he’s never going to bring you to the Promised Land

- Bob Cousy on Al Horford

Why don't you include the rest of the quote?
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
batabatuta
Pro Prospect
And1: 751

Post#240 » by batabatuta » Mon May 28, 2018 6:34 am

For me Baynes, Kyrie, Hayward, Tatum, Brown, Horford and Theis stays. All the rest are expendable for the right deal. As much as i love Smart's tenacity, i remember him more for the times he cost us points and games than the ones we won. If there aren't any good deals, we can always have the team intact. It will build chemistry and some of the much needed intangibles.

Return to Boston Celtics