ImageImageImage

Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,412

Re: Trade Thread 

Post#2001 » by K For Three » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:03 am

Jstock12 wrote:
StojkoVrankovic wrote:Right, Ainge is going to trade Hayward for some garbage 1st round picks.

Ainge is looking further down the line than you.
The insider says he's only getting a 'feel', which means he might be planning a deal for the worst case scenario if Hayward continues to struggle.

Ainge is looking at Gordon's contract and sobbing is what he does every other night.

Unless Hayward can produce a lot more offensively as the year goes on, it's not a good contract.

This team can produce defensively anyway it seems no matter what. Always somehow the top ranked D or second etc. etc.

Offensively though..... :noway:
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#2002 » by StojkoVrankovic » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:18 am

Jstock12 wrote:
StojkoVrankovic wrote:Right, Ainge is going to trade Hayward for some garbage 1st round picks.

Ainge is looking further down the line than you. The insider says he's only getting a 'feel', which means he might be planning a deal for the worst case scenario if Hayward continues to struggle.

You have no idea what Ainge is doing, literally none
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#2003 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:37 am

Let's entertain the idea for a second though....if Ainge clears him for cap space and picks, then Ainge can use that $30 million to bring back Rozier/Mook. He can use those picks to throw at the Pels, although matching salaries would be tough.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Post#2004 » by Jstock12 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:39 am

StojkoVrankovic wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:

Ainge is looking further down the line than you. The insider says he's only getting a 'feel', which means he might be planning a deal for the worst case scenario if Hayward continues to struggle.

You have no idea what Ainge is doing, literally none

Maybe. Maybe not. We RealGM'ers all have little clue about what he's doing. But we can speculate, especially if there are legit insiders corroborating it. Anyway, I'm punching out of this somewhat useless discussion. Just wanted to let you know of some possible movements by Ainge.

P.S. Didn't want to upset any Hayward supporters if that is what I did, I have nothing against the guy, used to be one of my favorite players.
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,667

Post#2005 » by NuckyPowell » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:58 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:The fact that Kyrie wants to resign is irrelevant. IT wanted to resign too.

Still wonder what the Curm All-Stars would look like - now we have a few names - Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Gary Harris, Al-Farouq Aminu

And of course, his all time fave Dragan Bender.
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,667

Post#2006 » by NuckyPowell » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:10 am

Jstock12 wrote:A known legit insider on the Rockets board (ClutchFans) posted this:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/sources-celtics-approached-the-rockets-on-interest-in-gordon-hayward.294458/

I don't believe it. It'd be a real bad look to do that to Hayward after what he went through. Hayward is getting the entire season, imo, to get back to, or close to what he was in Utah. Yeah, nobody likes the way he is playing right now, and he's certainly not playing like a max guy, but who among us really expected him to this early? We'll know a lot more by March and April, and certainly by the playoffs. Trading him in season is just not happening, imo.
Jakeopp
General Manager
And1: 9,990

Post#2007 » by Jakeopp » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:02 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Let's entertain the idea for a second though....if Ainge clears him for cap space and picks, then Ainge can use that $30 million to bring back Rozier/Mook. He can use those picks to throw at the Pels, although matching salaries would be tough.

That's a move that would strike fear in the hearts of everyone around the league. :lol:
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,247

Post#2008 » by djFan71 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:51 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
canman1971 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:Draymond sitting tonight— I can see him wanting out soon.

...I’d move Jaylen in a deal for him

That's a tough one.

That defense though...

Kyrie-Hayward-Tatum-Green-Horford is mighty intriguing.

Jeez, I mean, Jaylen's probably my favorite and I've defended his start to the season so far, and I don't love Draymond, but I'd do that in a second.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#2009 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:21 am

brackdan70 wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:A known legit insider on the Rockets board (ClutchFans) posted this:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/sources-celtics-approached-the-rockets-on-interest-in-gordon-hayward.294458/

Seems like baseless speculation to me. If doesn’t make sense then it’s probably senseless.

JStock is the guy who likes our comments after every loss. :lol: Are you really discussing Celtics future/present with him? :lol: I don't mind him and1'ning but he's an obvious troll.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#2010 » by SmartWentCrazy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:52 am

Jstock12 wrote:

Cool— our insider, whos a hell of a lot more reliable than cyberx, said theyd move him for a big name. Im gonna go with him.

If you want to take cyberx’s comment that we called them to be that were dumping him for picks, go for it. He just never said that.

Return to Boston Celtics