ImageImageImage

Kobe's detail on Jaylen Brown full video

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Green_teamer
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,040

Kobe's detail on Jaylen Brown full video 

Post#1 » by Green_teamer » Sat May 26, 2018 12:13 am

Celtic Esquire
General Manager
And1: 3,674

Re: Kobe's detail on Jaylen Brown full video 

Post#2 » by Celtic Esquire » Sat May 26, 2018 12:16 am

Refusing to watch because of the Kobe curse.

Tatum was his last victim.
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,969

Post#3 » by darrendaye » Sat May 26, 2018 12:33 am

Watched a little over a minute and already a long 2 suggestion...... Will give it more attention after the game.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,112

Post#4 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sat May 26, 2018 12:37 am

Well if he watched this video Korver is in trouble. lol

Two things I took away from this. Brown is still extremely raw. Dude gets it done on pure talent. But you can tell his positioning, his movements, his cuts and drives are still not at an elite level. He rushes his game a lot. To be expected from a 21 year old. You can tell the game hasn't fully slowed dwn for him.

Second is how Terry Rozier misses wide open guys. Idk if he plays it safe or just doesn't see the play, but that's something that could make him an All Star caliber player if he figures it out.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
redbeamer
Junior
And1: 655

Post#5 » by redbeamer » Sat May 26, 2018 12:39 am

Am I the only one who throws up in my mouth a little hearing Kobe critique a Celtic? Great player, a little over rated, but Lakers suck so...
Green_teamer
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,040

Post#6 » by Green_teamer » Sat May 26, 2018 12:50 am

His long two advice isn't great but I really like his advice on foot work and looking at the other players feet on Defence. Solid things that could help
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#7 » by GreenBloodedC » Sat May 26, 2018 3:03 am

This guy should stop doing details on our players. We lose everytime he does this. F him.
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#8 » by ermocrate » Sat May 26, 2018 8:39 am

I warned JB before the game on Twitter, he’s a snake trying to mess with your head.
"Negativity in this town sucks"
estendius
Junior
And1: 304

Post#9 » by estendius » Sat May 26, 2018 8:59 am

Oh man, Kobe Cursed. Why not video about LBJ, Love
ermocrate
General Manager

Post#10 » by ermocrate » Sat May 26, 2018 9:07 am

estendius wrote:Oh man, Kobe Cursed. Why not video about LBJ, Love

I gues is because even if LBJ has many many flaws in his game he would view this as "dissing"...
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,969

Post#11 » by darrendaye » Sat May 26, 2018 3:06 pm

Ok, finished watching video. Another good breakdown, as expected, valuable insight overall. So the 1st of the 2 long 2 shot pocket references was another example of Kobe focusing on one aspect and ignoring another, it was the very first play analysed.

Baynes sets a high screen and Kobe talks about the straight line run the screened defender has at Brown to challenge the 3. Of course Kobe suggests a one dribble shot in the long 2 pocket. IMO, if Brown sets up 2 feet more to the left, the defender has to take a more circuitous route to the catch point and gives Brown another tick to get a cleaner 3 point attempt, or, more space to drive on Love if that causes him to react and try to close out. Kobe did a great job talking about where and how Brown try to post Korver, but he hasn't considered the angles Brown or Tatum are using for catch and shoot plays using screens.

And in the last play Kobe dissects he provided an option for Brown to double back off of a screen for a long 2 pocket shot attempt near the corner. It's funny, the spotlight he uses goes right to those long 2 spots when he can just nudge it over a half inch and find that corner 3 is just as wide open.

These are great segments with Kobe. But for Celtic player consumption, there should be a Brad Stevens remastered version, complete with director's comments.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,681

Post#12 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat May 26, 2018 5:51 pm

ermocrate wrote:
estendius wrote:Oh man, Kobe Cursed. Why not video about LBJ, Love

I gues is because even if LBJ has many many flaws in his game he would view this as "dissing"...

He did one about LBJ vs. the Celtics, actually. He highlighted the Cs' propensity to switch defensively while the pass was in the air, which multiple writers have since mentioned too. He said Lebron should post up more to increase the distance Cs' defenders had to go.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,858

Post#13 » by 24istheLAW » Sat May 26, 2018 8:48 pm

darrendaye wrote:Ok, finished watching video. Another good breakdown, as expected, valuable insight overall. So the 1st of the 2 long 2 shot pocket references was another example of Kobe focusing on one aspect and ignoring another, it was the very first play analysed.

Baynes sets a high screen and Kobe talks about the straight line run the screened defender has at Brown to challenge the 3. Of course Kobe suggests a one dribble shot in the long 2 pocket. IMO, if Brown sets up 2 feet more to the left, the defender has to take a more circuitous route to the catch point and gives Brown another tick to get a cleaner 3 point attempt, or, more space to drive on Love if that causes him to react and try to close out. Kobe did a great job talking about where and how Brown try to post Korver, but he hasn't considered the angles Brown or Tatum are using for catch and shoot plays using screens.

And in the last play Kobe dissects he provided an option for Brown to double back off of a screen for a long 2 pocket shot attempt near the corner. It's funny, the spotlight he uses goes right to those long 2 spots when he can just nudge it over a half inch and find that corner 3 is just as wide open.

These are great segments with Kobe. But for Celtic player consumption, there should be a Brad Stevens remastered version, complete with director's comments.

The thing I like about these videos is that they highlight how valuable instincts are in basketball.

All these reads, decisions based on nuances of positioning, or a scouting report.... it's coming at you full speed. And its not like a free throw or even shooting the ball, every situation is unique and you still have to be able to work through it in a split second.
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#14 » by GoGreen » Sun May 27, 2018 10:48 am

This was pretty good, I enjoyed it. Learned a lot about the game. Gonna be watching Jaylen to see if he heeds any of this advice.
ermocrate
General Manager

Post#15 » by ermocrate » Sun May 27, 2018 11:36 am

GoGreen wrote:This was pretty good, I enjoyed it. Learned a lot about the game. Gonna be watching Jaylen to see if he heeds any of this advice.
GoGreen wrote:This was pretty good, I enjoyed it. Learned a lot about the game. Gonna be watching Jaylen to see if he heeds any of this advice.

Kobe is the best Italian player ever, he is multicultural and alobsessed with work, that said I want Jaylen to win today’s game, after the finals Kobe can come over and give advice all he wants.;-)

Return to Boston Celtics