ImageImageImage

Celtics 99 @ Cavaliers 109 Post-game Notes (3-3)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

BigTrade92
General Manager
And1: 10,685

Re: Celtics 99 @ Cavaliers 109 Post-game Notes (3-3) 

Post#301 » by BigTrade92 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:11 am

PierceFan4ever wrote:
darrendaye wrote:
Read on Twitter

:o

You’re 1 win away to get to the finals against a guy who has owned you throughout your playoff career (Lebron) you then come out and play like that and then admit to sleeping on a few plays? That’s unbelievable and a damn shame.

Yup. That’s literally pathetic to admit.

Guy played like a disgrace. Even more disgraceful he “fell asleep” with a Finals berth on the line.

He’s going to get a ton of sh*t for saying this and playing the way he did and it’s totally deserved.

If the Celtics don’t win Game 7 the anti-Al crusade is going to be at a fever pitch and he only has himself to blame.
estendius
Junior
And1: 304

Post#302 » by estendius » Sat May 26, 2018 5:12 am

Brad is inconsistent between road and home game too, lmao.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Post#303 » by djFan71 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:13 am

Gotta think Brad benched Baynes for the offense. Only Jaylen and Terry were getting anything done out there, and Baynes fell victim to that. He was -11 in his limited minutes. Back home when everyone shoots better, you'll see him out there more since the offense will still work. Only thing I got for his low playing time. We DID score a lot more in the 2nd half and get things closer, so Brad wasn't all wrong there. But, I would have liked to see him more for sure.

Jaylen only getting 34 minutes is the big puzzler. How do you pull him? Esp. right after he was jawing with LeBron - leave him in and see how that goes. Yanking himright after was a little emasculating. Beyond that, he sat too long as well, imo.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 8,836

Post#304 » by GrandTheftRondo » Sat May 26, 2018 5:29 am

Didn’t get to watch the game tonight. **** I’m so sick of the Cavs. I don’t know what I’ll do if we don’t win game 7.
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#305 » by Taget » Sat May 26, 2018 5:47 am

darrendaye wrote:
Read on Twitter

So unlike Kyrie he is not "very much woke."

Time to get a little Paul Atreides in him.

[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 10,894

Post#306 » by CelticsPride18 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:54 am

Read on Twitter

Rebounding was pretty bad all game long even with Baynes on the game. We are soft on the boards on the road.
TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#307 » by TommyPoints » Sat May 26, 2018 5:58 am

CelticsPride18 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Rebounding was pretty bad all game long even with Baynes on the game. We are soft on the boards on the road.

Too much standing around. I don’t get it.
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,488

Post#308 » by Kalela » Sat May 26, 2018 6:04 am

Does anyone know why Tatum was guarding Lebron a lot in this game? Tatum hasn't shown at any point in time that he can guard Lebron in this series.
Fire Mazzulla
Kalela
RealGM

Post#309 » by Kalela » Sat May 26, 2018 6:08 am

djFan71 wrote:Gotta think Brad benched Baynes for the offense. Only Jaylen and Terry were getting anything done out there, and Baynes fell victim to that. He was -11 in his limited minutes. Back home when everyone shoots better, you'll see him out there more since the offense will still work. Only thing I got for his low playing time. We DID score a lot more in the 2nd half and get things closer, so Brad wasn't all wrong there. But, I would have liked to see him more for sure.

Jaylen only getting 34 minutes is the big puzzler. How do you pull him? Esp. right after he was jawing with LeBron - leave him in and see how that goes. Yanking him right after was a little emasculating. Beyond that, he sat too long as well, imo.

He probably did but your offense means **** if you can't get stops or rebound. In the regular season and before all the injuries Stevens used to bench Brown and play Rozier in the 4th for the offense when the team was down and it never used to work. He is persisting with that.
Fire Mazzulla
TommyPoints
Head Coach

Post#310 » by TommyPoints » Sat May 26, 2018 6:18 am

Kalela wrote:Does anyone know why Tatum was guarding Lebron a lot in this game? Tatum hasn't shown at any point in time that he can guard Lebron in this series.

Any time I remember him guarding him Lebron scored. Probably what Cleveland wanted like switching on Rozier.
Kalela
RealGM

Post#311 » by Kalela » Sat May 26, 2018 6:27 am

TommyPoints wrote:
Kalela wrote:Does anyone know why Tatum was guarding Lebron a lot in this game? Tatum hasn't shown at any point in time that he can guard Lebron in this series.

Any time I remember him guarding him Lebron scored. Probably what Cleveland wanted like switching on Rozier.

Except the Cavs were not even attempting to switch Lebron onto him. He was the one that was guarding Lebron from inbound. And Morris was on the floor most of those times. :-?
Fire Mazzulla
TommyPoints
Head Coach

Post#312 » by TommyPoints » Sat May 26, 2018 6:30 am

Kalela wrote:
TommyPoints wrote:

Except the Cavs were even attempting to switch Lebron onto him. He was the one that was guarding Lebron from inbound. And Morris was on the floor most of those times. :-?

If that’s the case I don’t know. More mistakes.
ViperGTS
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,398

Post#313 » by ViperGTS » Sat May 26, 2018 6:37 am

TommyPoints wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:
darrendaye wrote:
Read on Twitter

You’re 1 win away to get to the finals against a guy who has owned you throughout your playoff career (Lebron) you then come out and play like that and then admit to sleeping on a few plays? That’s unbelievable and a damn shame.

It bothers me too. He should be playing like his ass was on fire. I don't get it.

If I’m Danny, I’m moving him. F that. This is the ECF. Win you go to the Finals. And you “fell asleep”? Yeah no, thats ridiculous. Thats having no balls.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,627

Post#314 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat May 26, 2018 6:53 am

Who's the woman in that clip? Jessica looking remarkably young? Chani with remarkably good hair?

Taget wrote:
darrendaye wrote:
Read on Twitter

So unlike Kyrie he is not "very much woke."

Time to get a little Paul Atreides in him.

Paul spent the last two books of the trilogy trying to escape his destiny, twice sacrificing his life in that effort.

Also, his sister was much, much, much less likable than Horford's. Equally cool, perhaps, but very much less likable.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
AlCelticFan
General Manager
And1: 6,470

Post#315 » by AlCelticFan » Sat May 26, 2018 6:54 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:Didn’t get to watch the game tonight. **** I’m so sick of the Cavs. I don’t know what I’ll do if we don’t win game 7.

Yeah... seven game series are like getting the same meal seven times in a row. Enough already!
AlCelticFan
General Manager

Post#316 » by AlCelticFan » Sat May 26, 2018 6:57 am

ViperGTS wrote:
TommyPoints wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:

It bothers me too. He should be playing like his ass was on fire. I don't get it.

If I’m Danny, I’m moving him. F that. This is the ECF. Win you go to the Finals. And you “fell asleep”? Yeah no, thats ridiculous. Thats having no balls.

You guys are taking the guy too literally. He said he **** up. That's all he said. Would you prefer he give some BS excuse, or admit to his mistakes, and say what he did: "it won't happen on Sunday". That's what I want to hear: a commitment.
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#317 » by SMTBSI » Sat May 26, 2018 6:59 am

Ugh. What an awful taste that one left. Obviously still behind this team every step of the way, but I have to say, this has been one hell of an unaesthetic series.

Cavs roleplayers look worst-in-the-league on the road but show up at home. Our guys look tough and tenacious at home but can't hit a free throw or go two possessions without an unforced turnover on the road. Both of these teams are showing more mental fragility than I want to admit.

There's still time to work it out, of course. But, whatever happens in game seven, we'll deserve it. Can't be too mad at whatever the outcome may be when you didn't take care of business when you had the chance.

Ah well. Regroup and once more unto the breach. It's damn special to even have this opportunity.
ViperGTS
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,398

Post#318 » by ViperGTS » Sat May 26, 2018 7:00 am

AlCelticFan wrote:
ViperGTS wrote:
TommyPoints wrote:

You guys are taking the guy too literally. He said he **** up. That's all he said. Would you prefer he give some BS excuse, or admit to his mistakes, and say what he did: "it won't happen on Sunday". That's what I want to hear: a commitment.

There is no excuse for him to have not given 110 percent. He should know better and be better.
AlCelticFan
General Manager

Post#319 » by AlCelticFan » Sat May 26, 2018 7:01 am

SMTBSI wrote:Ugh. What an awful taste that one left. Obviously still behind this team every step of the way, but I have to say, this has been one hell of an unaesthetic series.

Cavs roleplayers look worst-in-the-league on the road but show up at home. Our guys look tough and tenacious at home but can't hit a free throw or go two possessions without an unforced turnover on the road. Both of these teams are showing more mental fragility than I want to admit.

There's still time to work it out, of course. But, whatever happens in game seven, we'll deserve it. Can't be too mad at whatever the outcome may be when you didn't take care of business when you had the chance.

Ah well. Regroup and once more unto the breach.

Excellent choice of words: "unaesthetic"

"yoyo" is another word for it. At home we're crushing them. On the road they're crushing us. :lol:
AlCelticFan
General Manager

Post#320 » by AlCelticFan » Sat May 26, 2018 7:04 am

ViperGTS wrote:
AlCelticFan wrote:
ViperGTS wrote:

There is no excuse for him to have not given 110 percent. He should know better and be better.

What do you think this guy goes to play in the ECF and just decides to chill? I don't know how you can actually believe that. Hard for me to beleive people actually think he doesn't care about the playoffs at all, and just would prefer to not be too tired after the game.

What's much more likely is he got outclassed on the boards because he's not a premiere rebounding talent. And someone better at rebounding stole some from him, and so he'll try better next time, but the reality is he is who he is.

Return to Boston Celtics