ImageImageImage

Cool little article on Stevens by Paul Flannery

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,911

Cool little article on Stevens by Paul Flannery 

Post#1 » by SuperDeluxe » Sat May 26, 2018 4:57 pm

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/5/25/17393842/brad-stevens-celtics-basketball-coach-genius

Nice read while we prepare for the annihilation of LeBron in his final act as a Cavalier.
claycarver
Sixth Man
And1: 2,099

Re: Cool little article on Stevens by Paul Flannery 

Post#2 » by claycarver » Sat May 26, 2018 6:09 pm

I've had a few coaches and one boss similar to Brad. You'd just go through a brick wall for that guy. Here's why:

“A coach earns respect at this level when things are not going so well and the coach is still behind you as a player,” says Horford, who serves as the team’s veteran conscience. “He’s still acting the same way. He’s still preparing the same way. He’s still looking at you the same way. The guys appreciate that.”

This is very basic human stuff. Treat the people you work with well, and they’ll work hard for you. It’s also how you build trust.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,682

Post#3 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat May 26, 2018 6:50 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/5/25/17393842/brad-stevens-celtics-basketball-coach-genius

Nice read while we prepare for the annihilation of LeBron in his final act as a Cavalier.

That was one of my most memorable series to watch on TV, especially the sequence with all the offensive rebounds to start the article. I lived in NYC, but had an out-of-town relationship w/ a girl in Newton. We watched a lot of the games on the VCR. :)

But I don't think I'd seen that article before. Thanks!
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,911

Post#4 » by SuperDeluxe » Sat May 26, 2018 10:37 pm

claycarver wrote:I've had a few coaches and one boss similar to Brad. You'd just go through a brick wall for that guy. Here's why:

“A coach earns respect at this level when things are not going so well and the coach is still behind you as a player,” says Horford, who serves as the team’s veteran conscience. “He’s still acting the same way. He’s still preparing the same way. He’s still looking at you the same way. The guys appreciate that.”

This is very basic human stuff. Treat the people you work with well, and they’ll work hard for you. It’s also how you build trust.

What amazes me is that the players' opinions about him seem unanimous.

We are very lucky.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#5 » by cloverleaf » Sun May 27, 2018 4:05 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:
claycarver wrote:I've had a few coaches and one boss similar to Brad. You'd just go through a brick wall for that guy. Here's why:

What amazes me is that the players' opinions about him seem unanimous.

We are very lucky.

Danny has also moved on pretty quickly from anyone who wasn't rowing in the right direction on the Brad boat.

Return to Boston Celtics