ImageImageImage

What will make us Beat GSW

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,423

Re: What will make us Beat GSW 

Post#61 » by Captain_Caveman » Sat Jun 9, 2018 10:16 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
threrf23 wrote:
This is bad logic. We haven't been tested by them, as we haven't played them in a situation where they had any real urgency.

I mean, were the Atlanta Hawks really inches away from knocking us off in '08? They were 3-4 against us that postseason, I suppose if Zaza Pachulia plays a little better they knock us off and go on to win the championship?

Not bad logic at all. Was just evidence to support the claim that we are a bad matchup for them.

The 07-08 Hawks weren't a great matchup for us, btw.

The only constants from the Celtics side in those 6 games are Stevens, Smart, and Rozier. So one can argue that it was less about being a bad matchup for them in terms of specific individual players and more about playing style and defensive strategy/execution. Through the changes Boston made, we had the "blueprint" (lol at Jae alluding to this when KD chose GSW) on how to beat the Warriors. We just kept upgrading the personalities involved. I think our main thing was make Curry and Klay as uncomfortable as possible both onball and offball. Having pitbulls like Smart, AB, TRo, Jae, Brown, ET has helped with that. We're 1-2 when KD played. He poses a different challenge but we have enough guys to throw at him.

Edit: We've also been great at defending the three, transition defense, limiting TOs, all of which are Dubs strengths on offense.

Smart actually missed the Oakland game this year, which coincidentally enough, was the first time they beat us there in three years.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#62 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:28 am

I can't wait to see this guy get humbled by our guys next season. He talks so tough even though he jumped to the team that beat his ass. He's like that twerp in high school who would talk **** and start fights only because his crew was tough. If you ever caught him in a fair one though, that dude would be sleeping. Where was this angry KD back on the Thunder? Oh yeah, he was too busy turning down the "Slim Reaper" nickname and asking people to call him the "Servant". **** cornball.

London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,058

Post#63 » by London2Boston » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:00 am

31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,999

Post#64 » by 31to6 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:04 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:I can't wait to see this guy get humbled by our guys next season. He talks so tough even though he jumped to the team that beat his ass. He's like that twerp in high school who would talk **** and start fights only because his crew was tough. If you ever caught him in a fair one though, that dude would be sleeping. Where was this angry KD back on the Thunder? Oh yeah, he was too busy turning down the "Slim Reaper" nickname and asking people to call him the "Servant". **** cornball.

drifting OT, but "Slim Reaper" should've stuck. It absolutely captures how he moves, which is pretty ethereal, and what he's capable of. Plus it's non-obvious. But I guess he operates on more of a 'yo' level, as seen by his most recent painful Google ads.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
ric munchn
Senior
And1: 443

Post#65 » by ric munchn » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:15 am

We just have to get better. I really believe this GSW team is a lot closer to the SHaq/Kobe/Malone?payton Lakers than everyone thinks. Stef will keep getting banged up, the role players are old as dirt and they have played 100 games 4 years in a row. There is only 1 Lebron, look at what 4 finals trips in a row did to the 80s Celtics
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#66 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:54 am

31to6 wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:I can't wait to see this guy get humbled by our guys next season. He talks so tough even though he jumped to the team that beat his ass. He's like that twerp in high school who would talk **** and start fights only because his crew was tough. If you ever caught him in a fair one though, that dude would be sleeping. Where was this angry KD back on the Thunder? Oh yeah, he was too busy turning down the "Slim Reaper" nickname and asking people to call him the "Servant". **** cornball.

drifting OT, but "Slim Reaper" should've stuck. It absolutely captures how he moves, which is pretty ethereal, and what he's capable of. Plus it's non-obvious. But I guess he operates on more of a 'yo' level, as seen by his most recent painful Google ads.

Exactly. Slim Reaper was perfect. But this dude thought it was too dark. Lol. He's so weak.
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,287

Post#67 » by Marvel » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:31 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
31to6 wrote:

Exactly. Slim Reaper was perfect. But this dude thought it was too dark. Lol. He's so weak.

:lol: he actually thought cupcake was a better name for him.
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#68 » by colaroaster » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:50 am

both mentally and physically next years warriors will be crunch cookies, winning 3 in 4 yrs is a lotta mileage
wangyou18
Ballboy
And1: 69

Post#69 » by wangyou18 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:46 am

Kyrie finding right balance between team play and iso ball

+ trading Morris and getting AB back
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#70 » by ermocrate » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:36 am

Well I see this video like him telling his community he won back to back titles. He isn’t one of the major representatives of the Bitches community.
"Negativity in this town sucks"
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,158

Post#71 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:50 am

London2Boston wrote:Image

As a Kyrie fan since like..always..nothing would make me happier than to see this dude raise one here in Boston next year, beating LeBron in the ECF and Curry in the finals.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,158

Post#72 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:01 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
Not bad logic at all. Was just evidence to support the claim that we are a bad matchup for them.

The 07-08 Hawks weren't a great matchup for us, btw.

The only constants from the Celtics side in those 6 games are Stevens, Smart, and Rozier. So one can argue that it was less about being a bad matchup for them in terms of specific individual players and more about playing style and defensive strategy/execution. Through the changes Boston made, we had the "blueprint" (lol at Jae alluding to this when KD chose GSW) on how to beat the Warriors. We just kept upgrading the personalities involved. I think our main thing was make Curry and Klay as uncomfortable as possible both onball and offball. Having pitbulls like Smart, AB, TRo, Jae, Brown, ET has helped with that. We're 1-2 when KD played. He poses a different challenge but we have enough guys to throw at him.

Edit: We've also been great at defending the three, transition defense, limiting TOs, all of which are Dubs strengths on offense.

Smart actually missed the Oakland game this year, which coincidentally enough, was the first time they beat us there in three years.

Not sure if I'm right, but I think it was the first time Curry went for 40+ on us..I remember arguing with a few people on the game thread that Boston wins that game with Marcus because Curry would have obviously had a much tougher time scoring the ball..they only beat us by like 4 points that night.

Btw, an underrated piece of Boston's success against the Dubs recently has been Al Horford. Dude might be one of the best match ups against Green in the entire NBA.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
ermocrate
General Manager

Post#73 » by ermocrate » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:08 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:The only constants from the Celtics side in those 6 games are Stevens, Smart, and Rozier. So one can argue that it was less about being a bad matchup for them in terms of specific individual players and more about playing style and defensive strategy/execution. Through the changes Boston made, we had the "blueprint" (lol at Jae alluding to this when KD chose GSW) on how to beat the Warriors. We just kept upgrading the personalities involved. I think our main thing was make Curry and Klay as uncomfortable as possible both onball and offball. Having pitbulls like Smart, AB, TRo, Jae, Brown, ET has helped with that. We're 1-2 when KD played. He poses a different challenge but we have enough guys to throw at him.

Not sure if I'm right, but I think it was the first time Curry went for 40+ on us..I remember arguing with a few people on the game thread that Boston wins that game with Marcus because Curry would have obviously had a much tougher time scoring the ball..they only beat us by like 4 points that night.

Btw, an underrated piece of Boston's success against the Dubs recently has been Al Horford. Dude might be one of the best match ups against Green in the entire NBA.

Also brown, Tatum and Terry were not fully blossomed.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Post#74 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:51 pm

DE-FENSE. Don't let them score for 48 minutes.

░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#75 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:57 pm

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2018/06/10/celtics-know-there-work-reach-warriors-level/cBcXUclUNtcxljk27LW7IK/amp.html

▪ Healthy Kyrie and Gordie
▪ Smart and elite team defense
▪ better team offense
▪ improvements from Brown, Tatum, Rozier
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#76 » by jmr07019 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:25 pm

I think we will give them a damn good series if we are healthy next year. We need out Irving - Brown - Tatum - Hayward - Horford lineup to equal their 5 man crew and then have our bench out play theirs. Unfortunately the truth is that it is going to be an uphill battle for the next 2 to 3 years minimum.

Iggy 34
Steph Curry 30
Durant 29
Klay 28
Draymond 28

Horford 32
Hayward 28
Kyrie 26
Brown 21
Tatum 20

You hope that in 2 or 3 years their players start to decline. Perhaps fighting over who deserves credit for their success fractures the team chemistry. We need improvement from Brown and Tatum.
Show Love Spread Love
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#77 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Jul 8, 2018 6:27 pm

Read on Twitter

I know it's just the regular season, but I believe Brad is one of the reasons why we're 3-3 against the Warriors and that the average point differential for those six games is less than one. If healthy, we can pose a real challenge to the Dubs. Well, as long as our guys don't miss like 20 threes in a row or something crazy like that.
Afam
RealGM
And1: 8,437

Post#78 » by Afam » Sun Jul 8, 2018 6:37 pm

Another star player.
ermocrate
General Manager

Post#79 » by ermocrate » Sun Jul 8, 2018 6:38 pm

If Rondo says LA can beat GSW I think we can sweep them.
NYCelticsfan136
Veteran
And1: 1,687

Post#80 » by NYCelticsfan136 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 10:28 pm

I don’t understand why people think we need to add another piece to beat the warriors. I feel we match up well assuming they stay healthy. I expect brown and Tatum to be better. Brown could match up with Thompson. Kyrie will be on curry. Cleveland doesn’t play any defense and they where expose.

Return to Boston Celtics