ImageImageImage

Gordon Hayward Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,832

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1341 » by bucknersrevenge » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:54 pm

Creole_Ce1tic wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
Creole_Ce1tic wrote: Vastly Superior? He's a one-time Allstar who is VASTLY over-paid and he benefitted financially from a relationship with his college coach.

The Heat and Jazz wanted to max him as well. He didn't get maxed due to Stevens. He got maxed BY BOS due to Stevens.

The point being.... He is not VASTLY superior and his resume does not warrant a max contract PERIOD. Let me rephrase, he benefitted financially IN BOSTON from his relationship with his college coach. He is not a max player by talent and not very smart. The Miami offer would have kept more money in his pocket. (No state taxes)

His resume warranted a max contract because that's what the going rate was for Hayward when he became a free agent. You're not good at this. You should have a seat.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#1342 » by captain green » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:42 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
captain green wrote:Trade him for an expiring 27 million dollar contract throw in some unproven youngsters for hayard and a single protected future pick.
Sucks he got hurt but because of hurting feelings or perceptions that why were keeping him is dumb and hurting us big time.
He isn't worth 10 mill let alone 30 jeez. He is basically done

Hayward has only 2 years in his deal left. We are halfway through it. It is t an awful contract. We didn’t sign up to a 6 year deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I still think it's a bad contract so.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,995

Post#1343 » by 31to6 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:23 am

Time to see what you can do, Captain America!
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
darylbe
Rookie
And1: 554

Hayward 

Post#1344 » by darylbe » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:17 pm

I'm revising something I asked yesterday.

I think gordon hayward was the reason behind about half of the drama and tension last year. What does he and Brad do to correct this? "be a professional" obviously didn't work last year.

2. I feel like he's trash, but many disagree. Can he run the offense well enough to get past this bad blood?

3. If not, which I think is the case, should he be traded, and does that matter "trading off one of the big free agents." this can be covered by "rebuild mode." so I don't think it matters, and I'm all for it.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Re: Hayward 

Post#1345 » by Feed Your Head » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:22 pm

darylbe wrote:I'm revising something I asked yesterday.

I think gordon hayward was the reason behind about half of the drama and tension last year. What does he and Brad do to correct this? "be a professional" obviously didn't work last year.

2. I feel like he's trash, but many disagree. Can he run the offense well enough to get past this bad blood?

3. If not, which I think is the case, should he be traded, and does that matter "trading off one of the big free agents." this can be covered by "rebuild mode." so I don't think it matters, and I'm all for it.

Thoughts?

Moved this to the Hayward thread. I think they will try to shop him, but is more likely to be an in season trade after he shows he can play again.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#1346 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:23 pm

31to6 wrote:Time to see what you can do, Captain America!

I think either one of Brown or Hayward are gone.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
ThirtyFour
Starter
And1: 3,477

Post#1347 » by ThirtyFour » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:32 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:

Yeah. If they truly want to rid the team of last seasons remaining toxicity, it seems to me either Hayward needs to go or Brown and Rozier need to go. Those are the two players that publicly had issues with Hayward getting so much playing time. I don’t know how you repair that keeping them together. And honestly at this point given the state of things, a better question is why try?
“There’s a sense of pride, there’s an edge you have to have to play here. I can only imagine the love, the reception, if you hung one of those banners up. It would be incredible — it’s going to be incredible. I know it.” —Jayson Tatum
FlatearthZorro
RealGM

Post#1348 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:34 pm

ThirtyFour wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

Yeah. If they truly want to rid the team of last seasons remaining toxicity, it seems to me either Hayward needs to go or Brown and Rozier need to go. Those are the two players that publicly had issues with Hayward getting so much playing time. I don’t know how you repair that keeping them together. And honestly at this point given the state of things, a better question is why try?

It's roster matching, too. Imo, Hayward would have to be a 4 from day 1 if Brown/Tatum/Hayward start. It's not even about how they feel about one another. If I'm Danny I'd have a serious talk with Rozier even if I'm bringing him back.

Btw, one of them being gone is like a feeling I got, I'm not sure in any way shape or form.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
ThirtyFour
Starter
And1: 3,477

Post#1349 » by ThirtyFour » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:39 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
ThirtyFour wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

It's roster matching, too. Imo, Hayward would have to be a 4 from day 1 if Brown/Tatum/Hayward start. It's not even about how they feel about one another. If I'm Danny I'd have a serious talk with Rozier even if I'm bringing him back.

Btw, one of them being gone is like a feeling I got, I'm not sure in any way shape or form.

Yeah I agree with you on the roster matching front, but if a team that had high hopes of a finals appearance was undone by this crap, I don’t see it just being okay suddenly as a middle of the pack team, MAYBE with expectations being lowered, but IDK.

Still boils my blood that a stupid lob pass dismantled a team that could have been a contender for multiple years at least.
“There’s a sense of pride, there’s an edge you have to have to play here. I can only imagine the love, the reception, if you hung one of those banners up. It would be incredible — it’s going to be incredible. I know it.” —Jayson Tatum
soxfan2003
RealGM
And1: 4,178

Post#1350 » by soxfan2003 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:41 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:

I think Hayward will be the one probably traded before deadline but it could literally be both....

Brown on a reasonable contract kind of fits going forward if Tatum improves a lot as a ballhandler(kind of unlikely) or Celtics trade for someone like Harden.

With Harden running the show, C's could just try to be a better version of Rockets for a few years but I don't think the C's could get Harden for an affordable price anytime soon. But with Harden no real need for Hayward (or Stevens) since Harden ISOs every play.

It makes me feel sick -- not the part about advocating for tanking -- but I think the Celtics should do a mini tank and just prepare for when Houston sells off Harden for 50 cents on the dollar. Harden probably dealt in the next 1.5 seasons.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,652

Post#1351 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:42 pm

Stevens-Hayward-Ainge for Masai-Nurse-Kawhi. Who says no?!
FlatearthZorro
RealGM

Post#1352 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:47 pm

soxfan2003 wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

I think Hayward will be the one probably traded before deadline but it could literally be both....

Brown on a reasonable contract kind of fits going forward if Tatum improves a lot as a ballhandler(kind of unlikely) or Celtics trade for someone like Harden.

With Harden running the show, C's could just try to be a better version of Rockets for a few years but I don't think the C's could get Harden for an affordable price anytime soon. But with Harden no real need for Hayward (or Stevens) since Harden ISOs every play.

It makes me feel sick -- not the part about advocating for tanking -- but I think the Celtics should do a mini tank and just prepare for when Houston sells off Harden for 50 cents on the dollar. Harden probably dealt in the next 1.5 seasons.

I feel like we wont be that bad even if we trade Hayward and Horford/Kyrie leaves to tank in a true fashion. I don't want Harden at the age of 32. I'm sorry, I doubt he ever changes his game and he's a rich man's RW playstyle wise. He's better but he plays in a similar way. He's not winning a title, unless something happens and they do that next season when the Warriors are hurt.

I would much rather just add a few pieces and see what this young core can do than try to tank. I think even if Danny guts the roster and leaves only the young guys we have the potential to win 35 to 40 games, which would be a miserable attempt at tanking. So I'd rather just add Capela and maybe Beverly. Add a shooter or 2 and see what the young lads can do.
Good assessment:

31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,995

Post#1353 » by 31to6 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:11 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Stevens-Hayward-Ainge for Masai-Nurse-Kawhi. Who says no?!

Add Obama and you've got a deal.

Spoiler:
I'm not sure on which side
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,052

Post#1354 » by London2Boston » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:44 pm

In an ideal world he builds up his reputation enough for us to ship out for some younger assets. He’s essentially pointless here now without Al or Kyrie.

I don’t have much faith in him though, just seems nothing can go right for us anymore.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,652

Post#1355 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:33 pm

I might be one of the few left on Hayward Island, but this made me chuckle.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,109

Post#1356 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:42 pm

Don't see an issue keeping him and Jaylen. They actually played really well off the bench a few times towards the end of the season and I expect them both to be an even bigger focal point of the offense next year. With Irving, Horford and probably Morris leaving the team, we have a clear 1-2-3 punch with Hayward, Tatum and JB. Those guys will take the bulk of the shots along with the ocassional Marcus Smart psycho mode where he shoots 10 three's in a game.

Hayward will be a 20ppg scorer this year as our main ball handler. Dude will raise his value quickly.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#1357 » by TheOGJabroni » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:57 pm

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:Don't see an issue keeping him and Jaylen. They actually played really well off the bench a few times towards the end of the season and I expect them both to be an even bigger focal point of the offense next year. With Irving, Horford and probably Morris leaving the team, we have a clear 1-2-3 punch with Hayward, Tatum and JB. Those guys will take the bulk of the shots along with the ocassional Marcus Smart psycho mode where he shoots 10 three's in a game.

Hayward will be a 20ppg scorer this year as our main ball handler. Dude will raise his value quickly.

Finally someone I agree with. I don’t know about 20 ppg but he’s going to look better out their as the team’s main facilitator with Kyrie & Al gone, plus a full uninterrupted offseason of recovery.

Ball handlers: Hayward, Smart
Wings: Brown, Tatum
Bigs: Baynes, Williams

Clearly we need a big man or two, so I’m not ruling anything out but I think there’s a way everyone can coexist this year.
ajones9219
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,585

Post#1358 » by ajones9219 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:00 pm

lol wow. Guess im one of the last Hayward guys left. I think he will be back 100% this season and will be huge for us going forward. Id love to have him long term
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,983

Post#1359 » by jfs1000d » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:02 pm

I saw enough late last year that I think he will be back.

If Rozier is back, pass the damn ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Festurs
Junior
And1: 375

Re: Hayward 

Post#1360 » by Festurs » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:09 pm

darylbe wrote:I'm revising something I asked yesterday.

Thoughts?

Gordon Hayward had by all accounts a bad season last year. He stilled scored 30 plus points more times than brown or Tatum ever have while coming off the bench.

The more you hear about the fracture in the locker room the easier it is to understand why Gordon was so hesitant last year. Apparently his own teammates would get upset with him if he did anything wrong. There’s no way he had a fair chance after one season here

Return to Boston Celtics