ImageImageImage

Gordon Hayward Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1401 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:52 pm

sam_I_am wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
Nope. Not at all, both are worse players than Hayward at 70% if he can come back to that I'm comfortable with keeping Hayward. We need playmakers, I like Hayward more as a point forward than Turner, even. We will see tho. No idea if Danny dumps him or not. It might be likely at this point.

The idea obviously isn't about getting Boston equal player value, it's about getting them out of Haywards deal early so they can retool the roster faster.

That said, you're also selling both guys a bit short. Harkless is a high level defender for the Blazers, he's just inconsistent offensively. And Turner is well Turner, but he's had a lot of success in Boston before, so I don't see why Stevens couldn't replicate that again.

Hayward is an expiring deal. He will opt out. He was good enough in last month of season and without Kyrie and Horford here will assert himself. There is no need to take other teams trash to “get out”. Just an illogical idea.

The reason to trade him is that we have 3 really good SFs and only need 2 and now have big holes to fill at C, PF and PG.

The only thing that's illogical is the idea of Hayward opting out of over 30million dollars.... He's not getting that level of money ever again. He'd be insane to opt out of that.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Re: Hayward ? 

Post#1402 » by Tiny ball » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:04 pm

Gooner wrote:
darylbe wrote:Snotty teammates? What were you watching? Did he deserve minutes for 90% of the season? Absolutely not. He belonged in rehab.

So ok, the next bs response is he was "getting minutes so he is ready for post season.". Well he played 30 minutes a game vs Milwaukee and averaged 7 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 assists.

Is it so crazy to think that he should have needed to prove himself or actually earn playing time throughout the season? Is that shocking? you seriously think that isn't appropriate? So yes, being brads little butt buddy is accurate.
cloverleaf wrote:
My guess is that Gordon has quietly asked to be traded, rather than deal with snotty teammates who stigmatized him as the teacher's pet.

And I think he'll have his power and bounce back next season as he rounds into AS form again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Lol, "snotty" teammates. They should all bow down to teacher's pet. Even though he is vastly inferior to them, not even ready to play. Stevens force-fed Hayward to the team and he ruined it.

Hayward before the injury was far superior to any player on the Celtics now.
darylbe
Rookie
And1: 554

Post#1403 » by darylbe » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:05 pm

How does that help us now
Tiny ball wrote:
Gooner wrote:
darylbe wrote:Snotty teammates? What were you watching? Did he deserve minutes for 90% of the season? Absolutely not. He belonged in rehab.

So ok, the next bs response is he was "getting minutes so he is ready for post season.". Well he played 30 minutes a game vs Milwaukee and averaged 7 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 assists.

Is it so crazy to think that he should have needed to prove himself or actually earn playing time throughout the season? Is that shocking? you seriously think that isn't appropriate? So yes, being brads little butt buddy is accurate.

Lol, "snotty" teammates. They should all bow down to teacher's pet. Even though he is vastly inferior to them, not even ready to play. Stevens force-fed Hayward to the team and he ruined it.

Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#1404 » by Gooner » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:08 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
Gooner wrote:

We live in a reality after his injury.
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#1405 » by Tiny ball » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:13 pm

darylbe wrote:How does that help us now
Tiny ball wrote:
Gooner wrote:

He should be recovered by start of season.
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#1406 » by Tiny ball » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:14 pm

Gooner wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:
Gooner wrote:

Will not know what we have till the season starts.
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#1407 » by Gooner » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:15 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:Hayward before the injury was far superior to any player on the Celtics now.

Maybe, but it's possible that he never recovers. In any case, it was not worth throwing away a season.
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#1408 » by Tiny ball » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:17 pm

Gooner wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:

Maybe, but it's possible that he never recovers. In any case, it was not worth throwing away a season.
It was not Hayward's fault the Celtics sucked so bad last year.
darylbe
Rookie
And1: 554

Post#1409 » by darylbe » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:19 pm

Whatever dude, keep defending him.
Tiny ball wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:Hayward before the injury was far superior to any player on the Celtics now.

Gooner
Head Coach

Post#1410 » by Gooner » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:19 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
Gooner wrote:
Tiny ball wrote: He should be recovered by start of season.

It was not Hayward fault the Celtics sucked so bad last year.

He had no business playing as much as he did. It contributed to the downfall from the start.
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,150

Post#1411 » by DarkAzcura » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:21 pm

Gooner wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:
Gooner wrote:

He was still better than most of the Celtics last year once 2019 rolled in. He did more than just shoot shots unlike Morris, Rozier, Brown, and Tatum.

Like some of you guys realize he did end up putting up 12/4/3 numbers in ~25 MPG on 58% TS, correct? Those are really good numbers in 25 MPG coming off that injury, especially considering is low USG%. You all act like he didn't deserve to play 25 MPG. Contract aside, every team in the league would love to have a player putting that production up in those minutes with as low a USG as he had.

If there were less selfish players on this team, he would had easily been putting up 15/5/5 by the end of the season.
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#1412 » by Gooner » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:24 pm

DarkAzcura wrote:
Gooner wrote:

He was still better than most of the Celtics last year once 2019 rolled in. He did more than just shoot shots unlike Morris, Rozier, Brown, and Tatum.

Like some of you guys realize he did end up putting up 12/4/3 numbers in ~25 MPG on 58% TS, correct? Those are really good numbers in 25 MPG coming off that injury, especially considering is low USG%. You all act like he didn't deserve to play 25 MPG. Contract aside, every team in the league would love to have a player putting that production up in those minutes with as low a USG as he had.

Those numbers had no positive impact at all. The point is, we saw Tatum and Brown contribute to this team. Hayward got the minutes he didn't deserve. He was not better than anybody apart from Rozier last year.
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#1413 » by Tiny ball » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:27 pm

Gooner wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:
Gooner wrote:
It was not Hayward fault the Celtics sucked so bad last year.

He had no business playing as much as he did. It contributed to the downfall from the start.
Brown sucked the start of the year Rozier sucked all year Tatum shot bad took bad shots all the year. Then you have moody point guard and coach that lost control of the team but you want to blame it on the guy coming back from major injurie.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,983

Post#1414 » by jfs1000d » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:30 pm

Gooner wrote:
DarkAzcura wrote:
Gooner wrote:

Those numbers had no positive impact at all. The point is, we saw Tatum and Brown contribute to this team. Hayward got the minutes he didn't deserve. He was not better than anybody apart from Rozier last year.

Incorrect.

He was passive and I would say was frozen out by his teammates. When gordo played well, we were a very very good team.

Just was really inconsistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#1415 » by Gooner » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:30 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
Gooner wrote:
Tiny ball wrote: It was not Hayward fault the Celtics sucked so bad last year.

Brown sucked the start of the year Rozier sucked all year Tatum shot bad took bad shots all the year. Then you have moody point guard and coach that lost control of the team but you want to blame it on the guy coming back from major injurie.

I'm not blaming him, I'm blaming Stevens and Ainge. Brown sucked early in the year, Hayward sucked all year.
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,726

Post#1416 » by KamikazeK » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:30 pm

Dang the disrespect and hate toward gordon hayward from this fanbase is just sad. Never seen a guy get injured and then treated like such crap before from the fans of his own team. I hope he comes back better than ever next year and y'all eat a massive helping of crow. Just pathetic.
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#1417 » by Gooner » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:32 pm

jfs1000d wrote:
Gooner wrote:
DarkAzcura wrote:

Incorrect.

He was passive and I would say was frozen out by his teammates. When gordo played well, we were a very very good team.

Just was really inconsistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Him playing well was rare, so when it happened, it usually had a positive effect on the team, that's no surprise. Him being passive was because of inability to play on the level that was required.
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#1418 » by greenroom31 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:38 pm

KamikazeK wrote:Dang the disrespect and hate toward gordon hayward from this fanbase is just sad. Never seen a guy get injured and then treated like such crap before from the fans of his own team. I hope he comes back better than ever next year and y'all eat a massive helping of crow. Just pathetic.

How is it hate and disrespect to just be realistic about the situation?

Hayward is not what he was pre-injury and is 29 years old. The Celtics are poised to lose Kyrie, Horford, Baynes and possibly Morris. That would leave Hayward as the oldest guy on a team that is headed for a youth movement. He's under contract next year and then a (~$35M) player option for the following season. Maybe he makes us a few wins better, but unless we make some major moves in the next couple of weeks, we're likely out in the 1st round of the playoffs. Why not just send him to a contender where he can be a role player and bottom out/give minutes to the young guys?

You can try to make this about disrespect all you want, but the fact is it really doesn't make sense to keep him around unless you want to bolster his value to move him later.
MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man
And1: 618

Post#1419 » by MUpacersSIC » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:39 pm

Would the Celtics be interested in a trade like this?

BOS Incoming:
-Future top 15 protected first rounder
-Lots of cap space

IND Incoming:
-Gordon Hayward

Brown and Tatum get a majority of the wing minutes, and the Celtics can chase free agents with the cap space. The Pacers can't compete in free agency with a lot of other teams, and trade is generally the best way to acquire talent.
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,726

Post#1420 » by KamikazeK » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:39 pm

greenroom31 wrote:
KamikazeK wrote:Dang the disrespect and hate toward gordon hayward from this fanbase is just sad. Never seen a guy get injured and then treated like such crap before from the fans of his own team. I hope he comes back better than ever next year and y'all eat a massive helping of crow. Just pathetic.

How is it hate and disrespect to just be realistic about the situation?

Hayward is not what he was pre-injury and is 29 years old. The Celtics are poised to lose Kyrie, Horford, Baynes and possibly Morris. That would leave Hayward as the oldest guy on a team that is headed for a youth movement. He's under contract next year and then a (~$35M) player option for the following season. Maybe he makes us a few wins better, but unless we make some major moves in the next couple of weeks, we're likely out in the 1st round of the playoffs. Why not just send him to a contender where he can be a role player and bottom out/give minutes to the young guys?

You can try to make this about disrespect all you want, but the fact is it really doesn't make sense to keep him around unless you want to bolster his value to move him later.

y'all act like his career is done and he'll never be a good player again. He had one mediocre season coming off an injury.

Return to Boston Celtics