ImageImageImage

Gordon Hayward Thread

Moderators: The Comedian, Parliament10, canman1971, djFan71, Froob, ParticleMan, sully00

Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Re: Gordon Hayward Thread 

Post#1561 » by Andrew McCeltic » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:07 pm

Hayward said he’s been able to do his usual pre-injury offseason regimen, which is a good sign. It will be an interesting year if he’s finally healthy, both for how it impacts the offense and the questions it raises about winning now vs. committing to youth.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 8,843

Post#1562 » by Curmudgeon » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:54 pm

Well, one day we have a puff piece in the Globe about Tacko Fall, then we have a puff piece about Gordon Hayward. Puff puff puff. I can't wait for the season to begin to see what's puffery and what's real.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,508

Post#1563 » by GregB » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:17 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:Well, one day we have a puff piece in the Globe about Tacko Fall, then we have a puff piece about Gordon Hayward. Puff puff puff. I can't wait for the season to begin to see what's puffery and what's real.

Agreed.

For me the sign Gordon is back if he can take body contact on drives and still slam the ball. If he can get back to driving to the hoop like that. Then I will believe the puff.

Return to Boston Celtics