ImageImageImage

Injuries: None to Report

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Re: Injuries (2018-19): Williams (Knee Contusion/Tendinitis) 

Post#21 » by celtxman » Mon Jul 9, 2018 1:16 am

Williams says he will be able to play Monday
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
SLCceltic
Veteran
And1: 1,619

Post#22 » by SLCceltic » Mon Jul 9, 2018 2:17 am

HOPEFULLY he plays and sees a few more of his jumpers fall .. gain some confidence iin it 8-)
His athleticism is unmistakable.. jumps off the screen !
ROYALGREEN
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,274

Post#23 » by Parliament10 » Mon Jul 9, 2018 11:04 pm

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Re: Injuries (2018-19): Williams (Tendinitis/Arteries) 

Post#24 » by Parliament10 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:07 pm

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Moose23
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#25 » by Moose23 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:52 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

that sounds crazy.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#26 » by Parliament10 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,964

Re: Injuries (2018-19): Williams (Knee Contusion) 

Post#27 » by jfs1000d » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:07 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’d just as soon get what he needs done now than later. Younger you are, quicker you bounce back from surgery. Maybe get it and he can come back in February and play in d-league.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Wes-J
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,769

Re: Injuries (2018-19): Williams (Knee Contusion) 

Post#28 » by Wes-J » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:22 pm

The plot thickens.
DoubleHappiness
Analyst
And1: 3,248

Post#29 » by DoubleHappiness » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:23 am

Parliament10 wrote:
Leprechaun18 wrote:For the Tendinitis I would recommend that he takes some glucosomine sulfate supplement like Osteo Bi-Flex triple strength. Athletes who run and jump a lot burn up cartilage at higher rate. Taking glucosamine sulfate supplements help to regenerate joint cartilage. I would also recommend that he takes some fish oil tablets with his meals. In addition I would advise him to get a good magnesium supplement.

I take that myself. The Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM, Osteo Bi-Flex triple strength. It takes a week or so, to start feeling the benefits. And about a month, to get the full effect. But, it's worth it. It's made out of 4 types of Shellfish. So if you're allergic, then you gotta go with something else.

Have there been any studies to actually support this or is it just anecdotal? My meniscus could use the help.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Re: Injuries (2018-19): Williams (Knee Contusion/PAES) 

Post#30 » by Parliament10 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:20 pm

So what is Popliteal Artery Entrapment Syndrome?

By Jesse Morse, M.D. | July 10, 2018
https://www.thefantasydoctors.com/nba-inj/a-closer-look-at-the-robert-williams-diagnosis-dr-morse/
In PAES, symptoms typically go away after about 3 to 5 minutes of rest, and if they do not then there are other conditions that need to be taken into consideration. PAES occurs because of an abnormal configuration of the muscles and tendons behind the knee, which when engorged with blood compress a vital blood vessel that delivers blood to the lower legs – the popliteal artery. This is basically the main artery that runs through and behind the back of the knee. Compression of this artery restricts blood flow to the lower leg, resulting in poor cell nutrition and slow development of symptoms.

So how do you get PAES? There are basically two options; either you’re born with it or you develop it. If you were born with it, this is secondary to large calf muscles (gastrocnemius or popliteus muscle). The condition can also develop over time, secondary to exercise and training, which in turn causes hypertrophy of the calf muscles, thereby compressing the popliteal artery.

Who is at risk for PAES? This condition most commonly occurs in male athletes under the age of 30 – Williams is 20. Certain sports increase the likelihood of developing the condition, including soccer, football, rugby, and runners. Reportedly less than 3% of people who are born with the muscle variant/defect that can lead to PAES develop the symptoms, consider it a case of bad luck for Williams....

Once diagnosed, what are the treatment options? The most common treatment is careful observation, along with modifications to lifestyle and exercise. Surgery can also be done to correct the problem, where the muscles and tendons are surgically released to alleviate the compression of the popliteal artery.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Re: Injuries (2018-19): Williams (Knee Contusion/PAES) 

Post#31 » by Roddy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:52 pm

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#32 » by Parliament10 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:12 pm

DoubleHappiness wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
Leprechaun18 wrote:For the Tendinitis I would recommend that he takes some glucosomine sulfate supplement like Osteo Bi-Flex triple strength. Athletes who run and jump a lot burn up cartilage at higher rate. Taking glucosamine sulfate supplements help to regenerate joint cartilage. I would also recommend that he takes some fish oil tablets with his meals. In addition I would advise him to get a good magnesium supplement.

I take that myself. The Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM, Osteo Bi-Flex triple strength. It takes a week or so, to start feeling the benefits. And about a month, to get the full effect. But, it's worth it. It's made out of 4 types of Shellfish. So if you're allergic, then you gotta go with something else.

Have there been any studies to actually support this or is it just anecdotal? My meniscus could use the help.

My understanding is, that you cannot replace cartilage, once it is completely gone.
And that the lack of cartilage, is in essence, the various forms of Arthritis. (Bone against bone.)

I began taking it (Glucosamine) at age 41, when my knees began "cracking".
I added Chondroitin & MSM a year or so later.

My knees stopped cracking after the first week.
And, I have yet to develop any type of Arthritis. I'm 53.

If it benefits you in the least, you'll start to feel it in about a week.
The full effect, takes about three months to build up in your system.

It's not a wonder drug. It's not medicine.
It's just a naturally occurring supplement.

Doctors may say that supplements won't or don't help. As more "research" is needed.
They will however, prescribe you plenty of pills.
Choose Wisely . . .

The next step up is Shark Cartilage. Which I'm told helps Arthritis (once you get it) among other alleged benefits.
I haven't been there, yet. So I cannot recommend it.

What Are the Benefits of Chondroitin Glucosamine MSM?
BY JANET RENEE, MS, RD | OCT. 03, 2017
https://www.livestrong.com/article/205738-what-are-the-benefits-of-chondroitin-glucosamine-msm/
Taking the Complex
The combination of chondroitin, glucosamine and MSM is used to support healthy joints and taken to reduce pain in those with osteoarthritis and other inflammatory joint problems. If you choose to take the chondroitin, glucosamine and MSM complex, take it as directed by your doctor. The complex may cause nausea, upset stomach, heartburn or diarrhea. These side effects are typically mild, according to Drugs.com. This supplement may interact with certain medications, such as blood thinners and insulin. Talk to your health care provider if you're currently taking prescribed medication.

WebMD
https://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/arthritis-supplements#1
The supplements, which are available in pharmacies and health food stores without a prescription, are well-tolerated and appear to be safe. However, there are no long-term studies to confirm their long-term safety and effectiveness. Keep in mind that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulates supplements, but treats them like food rather than drugs; supplement manufacturers are not required to prove their products are safe or effective before selling them in the marketplace.

Many physicians may still recommend a trial of glucosamine at this point, and if there is not apparent improvement by three months, it would be reasonable to stop glucosamine. Research is ongoing.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
mbsnmisc
Starter
And1: 3,721

Post#33 » by mbsnmisc » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:25 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
DoubleHappiness wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:I take that myself. The Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM, Osteo Bi-Flex triple strength. It takes a week or so, to start feeling the benefits. And about a month, to get the full effect. But, it's worth it. It's made out of 4 types of Shellfish. So if you're allergic, then you gotta go with something else.

My understanding is, that you cannot replace cartilage, once it is completely gone.
And that the lack of cartilage, is in essence, the various forms of Arthritis. (Bone against bone.)

Doctors may say that supplements won't or don't help. As more "research" is needed.
Choose Wisely . . .

The next step up is Shark Cartilage. Which I'm told helps Arthritis (once you get it) among other alleged benefits.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/205738-what-are-the-benefits-of-chondroitin-glucosamine-msm/
Taking the Complex
The combination of chondroitin, glucosamine and MSM is used to support healthy joints and taken to reduce pain in those with osteoarthritis and other inflammatory joint problems. If you choose to take the chondroitin, glucosamine and MSM complex, take it as directed by your doctor. The complex may cause nausea, upset stomach, heartburn or diarrhea. These side effects are typically mild, according to Drugs.com. This supplement may interact with certain medications, such as blood thinners and insulin. Talk to your health care provider if you're currently taking prescribed medication.

WebMD
The supplements, which are available in pharmacies and health food stores without a prescription, are well-tolerated and appear to be safe. However, there are no long-term studies to confirm their long-term safety and effectiveness. Keep in mind that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulates supplements, but treats them like food rather than drugs; supplement manufacturers are not required to prove their products are safe or effective before selling them in the marketplace.

Many physicians may still recommend a trial of glucosamine at this point, and if there is not apparent improvement by three months, it would be reasonable to stop glucosamine. Research is ongoing.

Damn man, you are old as ****.

But not as old as me.

I started my workout regimen about a month ago. (I am rehabbing from a life altering accident, [TBI], I can no longer work). I purchased a couple of bottles of Chondroitin Glucosamine MSM from a reputable dealer. It helps with exercise induced joint pain. I am facing a long journey back to full mobility, I have been chair/bed bound for 13 months. This supplement definitely helps.
DoubleHappiness
Analyst
And1: 3,248

Post#34 » by DoubleHappiness » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:28 am

mbsnmisc wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
DoubleHappiness wrote:

Choose Wisely . . .

Taking the Complex

WebMD

But not as old as me.

I started my workout regimen about a month ago. (I am rehabbing from a life altering accident, [TBI], I can no longer work). I purchased a couple of bottles of Chondroitin Glucosamine MSM from a reputable dealer. It helps with exercise induced joint pain. I am facing a long journey back to full mobility, I have been chair/bed bound for 13 months. This supplement definitely helps.

Damn, that is really tough. Hope things get better on your long journey back to mobility man!
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#35 » by Roddy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:55 am

mbsnmisc wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
DoubleHappiness wrote:

Choose Wisely . . .

Taking the Complex

WebMD

But not as old as me.

Good luck my friend. Wish you the best, you are one of my favorite poster here.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Re: Injuries (2018-19): Smart (Flu-like); Williams (PAES) 

Post#36 » by Parliament10 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
mjacobs
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Injuries (2018-19): Williams (PAES) 

Post#37 » by mjacobs » Tue Aug 7, 2018 4:10 am

Glucosamine is a naturally occurring substance that is believed to help develop and renew cartilage (the hard connective tissue mainly located on bones near joints in the body), and keep it lubricated for better joint movement and flexibility.
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is a naturally occurring form of sulfur that helps support muscles and tendons in the body.
According to EverydayHealth, Chondroitin, glucosamine, and MSM is a combination medicine that has been used in alternative medicine as a possibly effective aid in treating osteoarthritis, muscle damage caused by exercise, and other inflammatory joint disorders.
It is not certain whether chondroitin, glucosamine, and MSM is effective in treating any medical condition. Medicinal use of this product has not been approved by the FDA. This product should not be used in place of medication prescribed for you by your doctor.
Ask a doctor, pharmacist, herbalist, or other healthcare provider if it is safe for you to use this product if you have:
diabetes;
a bleeding or blood clotting disorder such as hemophilia;
asthma or allergies;
prostate cancer;
high cholesterol; or
high blood pressure.
It is not known whether chondroitin, glucosamine, and MSM will harm an unborn baby. Do not use this product without medical advice if you are pregnant.
24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,849

Post#38 » by 24istheLAW » Tue Aug 7, 2018 12:03 pm

mbsnmisc wrote:Damn man, you are old as ****.

But not as old as me.

I hate to read this man. I hope the rehab is progressing well and you can get on your feet again.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#39 » by Darth Celtic » Tue Aug 7, 2018 2:07 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
DoubleHappiness wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:I take that myself. The Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM, Osteo Bi-Flex triple strength. It takes a week or so, to start feeling the benefits. And about a month, to get the full effect. But, it's worth it. It's made out of 4 types of Shellfish. So if you're allergic, then you gotta go with something else.

Choose Wisely . . .

Taking the Complex

WebMD

Stuff works good, but It always makes me feel bloated when I take it. As it takes 2-4 weeks to feel the benefits of it, I can rarely stand the bloating long enough to get the full effect.

Maybe I'll look into better quality. I don't know. I too am old (43).
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#40 » by Parliament10 » Tue Aug 7, 2018 5:20 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
DoubleHappiness wrote:

Choose Wisely . . .

Taking the Complex

WebMD

Stuff works good, but It always makes me feel bloated when I take it. As it takes 2-4 weeks to feel the benefits of it, I can rarely stand the bloating long enough to get the full effect.

Maybe I'll look into better quality. I don't know. I too am old (43).

It's made from shellfish.
Look it up. check to see if you have some type of interaction, with something else that you're taking.

I'm all about Natural Remedies, first. -- So Bloating, would be covered by Probiotics.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum

Return to Boston Celtics