ImageImageImage

Who should Celtics Sign to a Two-Way contract?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who should we Sign to a Two-Way contract?

Jarrod Uthoff
24%
Hassan Martin
21%
Pierriá Henry
7%
Jabari Bird
28%
Another Player
21%

Total votes: 58

Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Re: Who should Celtics Sign to a Two-Way contract? 

Post#21 » by Patsfan1081 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:16 pm

Parliament10 wrote:Assuming that we waive Kadeem Allen from a Two-Way contract.
And most likely waive Abdel Nader from his NBA contract.

I think that we should Sign Jabari Bird to an NBA contract.
And also, sign Jarrod Uthoff and Pierriá Henry to Two-Way contracts.

If Henry is not available, then sign Hassan Martin to a Two-Way contract.

Note:
It is possible to sign 2 x Two-Ways, and later promote or waive one or both.
And then sign 1 or 2 other players to Two-Way contracts, before the Deadline.

For that reason, there are up to 3 options.

Does it make sense to sign older players like those to two ways? I thought the point of the contract was to keep players you believe could have upside and could help potentially in a year or two. Neither would be available for the playoffs if needed. Martin makes some sense as he's just a year out of college and looks to have some upside, I would look at other teams first though to see if they have a roster crunch and do not have a two way to hand out.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#22 » by cloverleaf » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:53 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:Bird and Semi are the only two I want to watch play, I just didn't see any upside in any of the guys. They had a few guys go undrafted that had some upside like Duval, Trier, etc...that will prob get two ways with their summerleague team. McCoy hardly played any minutes with Bucks, as a one and done maybe he'd be worth a flyer? Or somone like Wood, who had a great summerleague. I just remember both Kobe Simmons and Motley going undrafted last summer and both look like they could be decent rotational players now.

Bird and Semi and the 6 minutes of Williams were the good news of the C's SL. Yabs was a push. If I were the C's, controlling the Claws, I would make that a mega-defense team so that guys like Yabs could go down there to refine defensive techniques in the right environment. (The few big-league potential players of course you want to be more two-way in talent.)
24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,858

Post#23 » by 24istheLAW » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:30 pm

I know who they shouldn’t sign to a two way contract.... Hassan Martin or Pierria Henry. Those guys don’t stand a chance. They’re Abdel Naders to Abdel Nader.

Uthoff isn’t worth it either. Sign him to the red claws maybe.
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,969

Post#24 » by darrendaye » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:36 pm

Read on Twitter
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Post#25 » by Baller1234a » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:44 pm

darrendaye wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good Passer, solid handle aggressive driving into the lane. Some nice cuts. Shot form looks wierd to me. Doesn’t seem confident in the shot. We get to see one defensive play and he uses his body really well to contest.

Good size seems to have a decent wingspan in the video.
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Post#26 » by Baller1234a » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:48 pm

Baller1234a wrote:
darrendaye wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good Passer, solid handle aggressive driving into the lane. Some nice cuts. Shot form looks wierd to me. Doesn’t seem confident in the shot. We get to see one defensive play and he uses his body really well to contest.

Good size seems to have a decent wingspan in the video.

Shows some good finishing ability.
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#27 » by grindtime22 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:00 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
grindtime22 wrote:Hassan Martin might get one, but I don't see anybody else. Not really overly excited about Martin either. Uthoff can hoop, but I wouldn't waste my time with his quickness. The goal should be to find somebody we can see a future with. We went 1 of 2 our first year. If the 76ers don't pull the trigger, I would give one to Cameron Oliver. We need to be looking at other team's rosters.

Actually I think the goal also should include guys that can play in a pinch on the big club. Oliver would be great.

Yeah, that would obviously helpful. I just don't think that is goal number 1 with these guys. We had a whole lot of stuff go wrong last year and Jabari Bird still barely saw the court.

He played a lot over the last 4 games of the season when we shut things down. He logged 37 minutes over the first 78 games.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#28 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:45 am

Sign this guy.
Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Return to Boston Celtics