ImageImageImage

Some Celtic Statistics from 2018 Playoffs (19 Games)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Re: Some Celtic Statistics from 2018 Playoffs 

Post#41 » by cloverleaf » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
I live in NorCal and watch the Warriors. Maybe you should too. They have half a team who can create their own 3-point looks falling away off one leg. Very different than Rozier getting left alone in the flow of an offense. Ditto for snipers like Korver. Terry is a well-below average shooter who is only average as a 3-point shooter in the context of being a guy who often gets left.

Are you seriously debating that?

Shoot... hate this. The same people who build these prospects up are the same ones who tear them down after not meeting their unreasonable expectations. Happens every year. Will happen with Jaylen and Terry from the hoops illiterate soon enough, mark my words.

I lived in Alameda for 3 out of the last 5 years and yet I'm able to judge players ability to shoot the three independently of it they are one of 3 players in the NBA that can shoot a 3 off the dribble with elite efficiency.

Which btw, by that standard Klay Thompson is a not a good 3 point shooter.

And the fact you put that standard to bring down Rozier but say Kover can who's entire career is purely catch and shoot 3s... smh seriously dude. The logical inconsistency here, it's like a talk show level.

Oh, really? Do me a favor, and find Terry Rozier's name on this list. Korver's and Thompson's are right up top.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/fg3_pct_career.html

Those guys need zero daylight to stick a knife in you.

Ridiculous, young TRo has been stuck behind a 30-minute-per-game bench player in Smart since he came into the league. Yet, the minute he got a chance to start with extended minutes, he delivered. And comparing a young guy to an old guy's career numbers is just ridiculous. The C's know TRo can shoot, but he is a budding complete player who has been asked to deliver on every aspect of the game since being drafted--shooting, leading an O, defending, scoring, rebounding, etc. All told, not surprising that it's taken him a little to play with confidence throughout. The C's however have seen him in three years of practice by now. Plus they know how hard he keeps working to keep getting better. And that he is an unselfish team member along the way.

Steph of course has been a top-5 player for years. TRo has skills galore on both sides of the ball that Korver could never hope for.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,423

Re: Some Celtic Statistics from 2018 Playoffs 

Post#42 » by Captain_Caveman » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:19 am

cloverleaf wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
I lived in Alameda for 3 out of the last 5 years and yet I'm able to judge players ability to shoot the three independently of it they are one of 3 players in the NBA that can shoot a 3 off the dribble with elite efficiency.

Which btw, by that standard Klay Thompson is a not a good 3 point shooter.

And the fact you put that standard to bring down Rozier but say Kover can who's entire career is purely catch and shoot 3s... smh seriously dude. The logical inconsistency here, it's like a talk show level.

Oh, really? Do me a favor, and find Terry Rozier's name on this list. Korver's and Thompson's are right up top.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/fg3_pct_career.html

Those guys need zero daylight to stick a knife in you.

Ridiculous, young TRo has been stuck behind a 30-minute-per-game bench player in Smart since he came into the league. Yet, the minute he got a chance to start with extended minutes, he delivered. And comparing a young guy to an old guy's career numbers is just ridiculous. The C's know TRo can shoot, but he is a budding complete player who has been asked to deliver on every aspect of the game since being drafted--shooting, leading an O, defending, scoring, rebounding, etc. All told, not surprising that it's taken him a little to play with confidence throughout. The C's however have seen him in three years of practice by now. Plus they know how hard he keeps working to keep getting better. And that he is an unselfish team member along the way.

Steph of course has been a top-5 player for years. TRo has skills galore on both sides of the ball that Korver could never hope for.

Other than his moxie and scoring in some playoffs games, don't agree with any of that.

People build them up just to tear them down.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,423

Re: Some Celtic Statistics from 2018 Playoffs (19 Games) 

Post#43 » by Captain_Caveman » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:25 am

My claim that Terry's average 3-point shooting was inflated by getting left due to being a 4th/5th option on offense.

You then tried to parse that down to the point where you compared him to a couple of the best 3-point shooters in league history, who never, ever get left, and who skull **** you in the biggest games if you even think about doing that.

FWIW, that list has them both top 11 ever, despite being littered at the top with mid-90s guys like Legler and Kerr who feasted on the 3 seasons that the league drastically shortened the 3-point line, as well as low-usage guys. If we are being real, both Thompson and Korver are top 5-6 3-shooters ever. Totally credible to put Rozier into that mix... not.

Return to Boston Celtics