ImageImageImage

2019 NBA draft

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,397

Re: 2019 NBA draft 

Post#61 » by Homerclease » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:48 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:If we don't get the pick next year, what happens to it? I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

Which one
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Post#62 » by bucknersrevenge » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:52 am

Homerclease wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:If we don't get the pick next year, what happens to it? I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

Which one

The Kings pick I meant. Sorry. If Sac doesn't wind up 2-5 I mean.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#63 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:56 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:
Homerclease wrote:

Which one

We have the better of the Kings pick and the Sixers pick for next season, protected for the number 1 overall spot. If either pick is 1, we get the lessor of the two picks.
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#64 » by Roddy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:40 pm

Shareef O'Neal Out For 18-19 Season With Heart Ailment

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/251250/Shareef-ONeal-Out-For-18-19-Season-With-Heart-Ailment

Terrible for a young guy.
Diamondman07
Pro Prospect
And1: 266

Post#65 » by Diamondman07 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:58 pm

My sleeper to rise up draft charts is Keldon Johnson.. Another wing but he’s looked every bit an equal to those consensus guys everyone keeps mentioning.
THREE Time Dunn Elementary Paper Air Plane launch champion
droopdog7
Sophomore
And1: 173

Post#66 » by droopdog7 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:59 pm

My people cat in the draft is Little. I only hope he doesn’t blow up into the top pick in the draft.

As for Zion, no. He’s a freak of nature but I have all kinds of concerns about whether he’ll be able to avoid injury at his size. What’s more, he lacks skill. Also would be concerned about his defense against NBA players that will either be much taller or quicker.
droopdog7
Sophomore
And1: 173

Post#67 » by droopdog7 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:01 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
Homerclease wrote:Which one

We have the better of the Kings pick and the Sixers pick for next season, protected for the number 1 overall spot. If either pick is 1, we get the lessor of the two picks.

Yeah, the celts will get a pick from the sixers next year one way or the other. Worst case scenario is the pick landing at #1, as we would end up with the sixer pick, likely in the 20’s.
Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#68 » by Gomes3PC » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:24 pm

Anyone else oddly terrified that Sacto is going to be so bad that the risk PHI gets the #1 pick comes to fruition? If they are worst or 2nd worst (and that's where the Vegas O/Us had them), there's a 20-25% chance we don't get the pick and wind up with the Sixers pick, which would be likely well into the 20's.

That'd be a BRUTAL outcome.
rodvellbrazil
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#69 » by rodvellbrazil » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:51 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Here is my biased rundown on this draft heading into the college season.

1. Zion is my #1 guy right now. I slid him to my #1 right before the Canada trip when I heard from my buddies that his handles in practice were really improved. Zion with a handle is a damn scary guy. The dude loves to rebound, underrated facilitator, tremendous IQ offensively. Defensively he isnt bad, he plays with effort but he has horrible defensive skill and footwork right now.

2. Cam is my #2. To me he is by far the best prospect in this class and best Duke wing prospect I have seen (didnt see Grant Hill). Handle? Check. Length? Check. Jumper? Check. Can finish at the rim? Check. Not the most explosive athlete, but has enough explosion and is very agile and a lot of wiggle to his game, has no problem creating space. The only down side to him is he reminds me of Wiggins when it comes to his fire. That is scary for me and the only reason I dont have him #1.

3. Little. I love his physique and I love how much he loves to play defense. Offensively he has a good spin move when he drives and has a good turn around mid range jumper. His 3pt shot is coming along, not sure he is ever going to be a deadly 3pt shooter, Im kind of expecting a Jimmy Butler type shooter. The downfall I have with him is he can play really stiff offensively. He doesnt have the agility and wiggle like a Jimmy Butler. He also has a pretty average handle as well for a wing his age. Im not sure he is ever going to be a guy that can create his own shot efficiently consistently.

4. RJ. I think he is a solid prospect but I have never seen the superstar potential that so many people talk about. Solid size but definitely not elite with a 6'9 wingspan, he has that assassin mindset which can be great but can also be bad when his jumper isnt falling. His jumper is pretty ugly right now, it is a slow shot that is not consistent and Im not sure how much potential is there. He is a very stiff athlete. Really lacks lateral agility, he stays really high when he attacks off the dribble. When he has open spaces he can really get up, but still not the most functional athlete. I dont think he is a horrible prospect, I think he can be a mid range wizard like DeMar but with defense.

Right now I think any team that lands a top 4 pick will be happy with the value they're getting, after that is another story in my opinion. Right now I personally feel like there is only 1 other player that would be a lottery pick in most drafts and that is Langford and I think he would be tail end of the lotto most drafts. Im also not high on Jontay Porter either. I think he is a rotation big in the NBA. I know there are many Langford and Porter fans that will disagree with me on those 2 guys. Mid 20s is where I think the value returns in this draft, especially if Tyler Herro drops to the 20s. I think if guys like Konate, Bazley, Jordan Brown, Garland, Tre Jones and Louis King are sitting there in the mid and late 20s those would be good value picks.
Zion is not a normal human being, he is a total freak of size, power...

Sent from my SM-J710MN using RealGM mobile app
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,665

Post#70 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:54 pm

Read on Twitter
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,029

Post#71 » by Bad-Thoma » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:07 pm

brackdan70 wrote:It’s fairly annoying that I can’t say ****. What’s the deal with that?

Are you trying to say **** or ****? I can't tell because the **** filter won't let me read it. ;)
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,397

Post#72 » by Homerclease » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:10 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Someone his size should not be able to do that. He’s literally looking down into the hoop
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#73 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:17 pm

Homerclease wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Someone his size should not be able to do that. He’s literally looking down into the hoop

Ya it looks fake. He looks like those guys that come in during timeouts and jump off the trampoline. Then add in his massive size, it just doesn't look right to the naked eye.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,029

Post#74 » by Bad-Thoma » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:20 pm

If you can get Zion you have to pull the trigger. His combination of strength and speed don't come along even every decade, and he has shown an ability to handle and to shoot. He has Lebron level physique and athleticism and while I'm not saying that the rest of his game will ever translate to stardom (and definitely not claiming Lebron level stardom) I do think his floor is high and his ceiling insane.
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,439

Post#75 » by PierceFan4ever » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:31 pm

I’m hoping we end up getting Zion and that he’s the right guy according to Ainge. Looking at our team right now seeing how stacked we are and seeing Jaylen not crack 30 minutes yet even with Hayward with minutes restriction will be too much at the wing if we get someone like Barrett, Cam next season. We need a big body at the 4 or 5.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#76 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:34 pm

Bad-Thoma wrote:If you can get Zion you have to pull the trigger. His combination of strength and speed don't come along even every decade, and he has shown an ability to handle and to shoot. He has Lebron level physique and athleticism and while I'm not saying that the rest of his game will ever translate to stardom (and definitely not claiming Lebron level stardom) I do think his floor is high and his ceiling insane.

Ya I know it's blasphemy to say, but I think Zion is a better prospect athletically than LeBron. Again only comparing body/athleticism, not overall skill and overall as a prospect.

I've just never seen anything like him before. And it's not just the freakish Gerald Green hops in a DL body. The dude is very fast up and down the court, moves very well laterally and is shifty as heck. On a lot of his drives, he makes some very nimble jump cuts.

His handle has become very underrated in my opinion, but I think some people started taking notice with the Canadian games. His vision is slept on and something that I've been talking about since the first time I saw him. His offensive IQ and shot selection is elite. The jumper has a lot to be worked on and he needs to learn defensive fundamentals.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,285

Post#77 » by brackdan70 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:20 am

Bad-Thoma wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:It’s fairly annoying that I can’t say ****. What’s the deal with that?

Are you trying to say **** or ****? I can't tell because the **** filter won't let me read it. ;)

Is it still broken. I actually put in a ticket with Howard. Let me check .... Shittu
Sign here
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#78 » by Patsfan1081 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:51 am

Gomes3PC wrote:Anyone else oddly terrified that Sacto is going to be so bad that the risk PHI gets the #1 pick comes to fruition? If they are worst or 2nd worst (and that's where the Vegas O/Us had them), there's a 20-25% chance we don't get the pick and wind up with the Sixers pick, which would be likely well into the 20's.

That'd be a BRUTAL outcome.

I was, then I watched Hawk highlights, they look way too raw. I think they will be good bets along with NY to finish below the Kings. The only problem is all three bottom teams have the same odds somit doesn't really matter. If the Kings finish in the bottom three then Philly has a 14% chance to keep there pick. I'd be fine with those chances as teams can move back even farther now.
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,991

Post#79 » by Floody100 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:43 pm

Not saying we should, but if we got him would we package him in a trade to get AD or should we keep him ?
Elrod is Back
Starter
And1: 2,241

Post#80 » by Elrod is Back » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:46 am

Jontay Porter is out for the year with torn ACL and MCL.

He would have been a mid-first rounder had he stayed in the 2018 draft.

This is exhibit A for why a college or high school player with assurances of going on the first round should almost always stay in the draft or get into the draft.

Jontay could be getting paid five million bucks over the next two years rehabbing his knee. Instead he will likely come back to school again next season to prove his worth, and there is a chance he will fall out of the first round.

Return to Boston Celtics