ImageImageImage

2019 NBA draft

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,609

Re: 2019 NBA draft 

Post#281 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:01 am

14 games in, he is the best college basketball player I have personally seen. Ive been watching college ball since 2003, in that time I have not seen anyone with this kind of impact. Its offensively and its defensively. Offensively he just has this gravitation around him and he just knows how and when to make plays. Defensively, teams are getting to the point they are afraid to try and run any offense around him. He reads passing lanes so well, his timing on blocking shots is elite and he has that freakish athleticism.

I also dont see anything changing in the pros. To me he is in that AD/KD/Oden level of prospect. Basically injury is the only thing that will keep him from being a perennial all nba player. With each passing game, Im getting closer and closer to thinking he is the best prospect since LeBron.

For guys inside your range (guessing 10-30)

Tre Jones: the ideal backup PG
Louis King: Long wing that is just an effortless scorer
Jarrett Culver: Probably wont be there at 10. But a good 2 way scoring guard
Jontay Porter: Super skilled big. Lacks elite athleticism but super skilled
Tyler Herro: Good sized shooter who I think has the potential to be a major steal in this draft
Konate: One of my favorites. Can never have too many bigs that can protect the rim and rebound on an elite level, has also added the 3pt shot to his arsenal offensively.
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,969

Post#282 » by darrendaye » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:12 pm

illmatic24 wrote:I'd give just about anything to swing a trade up to get Zion on this team. Not that anyone will be willing to trade the #1 pick though.

Only shot to get a Zion on this team, most likely, would be to draft Admiral Schofield.

Spoiler:
He's from Zion, Illinois.....though, like Williamson, is seen as an "interesting" prospect due his physical profile (on a lesser scale, lol).
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,389

Post#283 » by Homerclease » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:00 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

May not have a chance at him but man Ja Morant is fun to watch
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#284 » by Bleeding Green » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:28 pm

Morant should go top-3 unless something crazy happens with an injury. The more I see Hachimura the more I like him. He's gonna fall a little farther than he should because he's a Junior, but his offensive skill level is so high. Passing, handle, his shot is pure. Dunno how he'll be defensively (probably pretty weak especially inside the paint), but as a stretch 4 that you could run the offense through I love him.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#285 » by 2Mas » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:23 pm

I think its clear we have no shot at Zion. So now I just root for a team to take him that will use him right.

Cle don't deserve him
Chi would be good in theory. That coach issue is crazy tho.
Phx don't deserve him.
NYK would be dope. Perfect fit next to Porzingis.
AtL would be dope too. Young Huerter Collins Zion ?! Shaw. Neither big are shooters, but they both shoot it some. That's be fun af to see.

Really hoping for ATL. That Doncic trade was terrible, but I still like their core & their direction.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#286 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:31 pm

2Mas wrote:I think its clear we have no shot at Zion. So now I just root for a team to take him that will use him right.

Cle don't deserve him
Phx don't deserve him.
AtL would be dope too. Young Huerter Collins Zion ?! Shaw. Neither big are shooters, but they both shoot it some. That's be fun af to see.

Really hoping for ATL. That Doncic trade was terrible, but I still like their core & their direction.

As a Zion fan NY is my #1 hope. I think he and KP would be fun to watch and Zion in that market would be huge. Chicago is my #2. Another great basketball market and I do think they have some young pieces to go with him. My long shot #3 is Dallas. I'm hoping Dallas slips to having like the 9th worst record but gets lucky in the lotto and lands the #1 pick. Zion and Doncic would be crazy.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#287 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:09 am

Porzingis is a meme at this point, call me when he finishes his first full season. I think Zion on ATL would be so dope. Trae/Huerter/Spellman/Zion/Collins is a legit, legit core (all 22 or under going into next season), and I don't even like Trae Young. But he could be one of the better passing PGs, Huerter could be Klay, Collins is Amare, Zion could be whatever the hell he wants. Spellman is the glue guy who does everything well. Plus they have that extra Mavs pick if it falls outside of #5, plus some juicy second round picks. If they nail this draft, that's could be a really, really good team for a long time. Imagine they get #1 and #6.

Cleveland would be a waste, Phoenix would be a waste, Knicks would be a waste, Chicago too. Just garbage leadership in all those orgs, they'd find a way to **** up lucking into a potential generational talent like Zion. I'm sick of #1 picks forcing their way out of crap orgs like Kyrie, like Davis probably will, like LeBron did. Memphis would be cool next to JJJ perhaps, but Chris Wallace is their GM so he'd **** that up too.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#288 » by djFan71 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:41 am

Bleeding Green wrote:Porzingis is a meme at this point, call me when he finishes his first full season. I think Zion on ATL would be so dope. Trae/Huerter/Spellman/Zion/Collins is a legit, legit core (all 22 or under going into next season), and I don't even like Trae Young. But he could be one of the better passing PGs, Huerter could be Klay, Collins is Amare, Zion could be whatever the hell he wants. Spellman is the glue guy who does everything well. Plus they have that extra Mavs pick if it falls outside of #5, plus some juicy second round picks. If they nail this draft, that's could be a really, really good team for a long time. Imagine they get #1 and #6.

Cleveland would be a waste, Phoenix would be a waste, Knicks would be a waste, Chicago too. Just garbage leadership in all those orgs, they'd find a way to **** up lucking into a potential generational talent like Zion. I'm sick of #1 picks forcing their way out of crap orgs like Kyrie, like Davis probably will, like LeBron did. Memphis would be cool next to JJJ perhaps, but Chris Wallace is their GM so he'd **** that up too.

ATL is definitely on to something. Prince & Bembry are nice pieces too. If they can unload Lin & Baze for more assets, tank stronger and get Zion, dang!
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#289 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:03 am

djFan71 wrote:ATL is definitely on to something. Prince & Bembry are nice pieces too. If they can unload Lin & Baze for more assets, tank stronger and get Zion, dang!

Prince is like a tenth man to me, but yeah if they can get future picks for Lin and/or Bazemore that is pretty great. Actually liking the direction Atlanta, Brooklyn and Sacramento are trending now, which I would have laughed at like just a year ago. They have plenty of capspace to make trades where they get a terrible contract plus a decent draft pick/young player. That worked out well for Brooklyn.
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#290 » by Homerclease » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I think Ja has easily moved into the top 5, maybe top 3 of this draft
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#291 » by 2Mas » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:03 pm

Homerclease wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Can you talk me into Ja Morant? Idky I'm not into him.

His highlights are pretty yes. He throws off major Alec Burks / Cam Payne mix highlights to me lol. I see him with the great finishes & stuff, but against 0 rim protecting & he's doing celebrations & **** after every bucket? Just seems a little much to me.

Am I wrong? Judging too much? Lol what's so dope about him? Unless this draft is really that bad.
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#292 » by Homerclease » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:08 pm

2Mas wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

His highlights are pretty yes. He throws off major Alec Burks / Cam Payne mix highlights to me lol. I see him with the great finishes & stuff, but against 0 rim protecting & he's doing celebrations & **** after every bucket? Just seems a little much to me.

Am I wrong? Judging too much? Lol what's so dope about him? Unless this draft is really that bad.

Hes more athlete than basketball player at this juncture. Think Westbrook at UCLA but I’m not sure he’s as good a prospect. Mold of clay type athlete with pretty good, not great vision and an improving outside shot.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#293 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:45 pm

2Mas wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Id love to talk you out of him if you ever get on his train haha. Honestly I think he is one of the more overrated prospects in awhile. I see a lot of draft boards with a big majority saying he should be the #2 guy. We tend to see this in weak drafts. 2013 we saw this, 2016 we saw this as well. Kris Dunn got talked up like no others, Marquess Chriss got talked up. I think when a draft class really misses out on having that solid 2-5, people will tend to talk themselves into prospects.

To me the group of RJ, Ja, Cam, Culver, Little are a really good 6-10. I think they're similar level prospects to WCJ, Bamba, Knox, Sexton or Fox, Isaac, Lauri, DSJ.

I think we have a lot of tier 3 guys being forced into being tier 2 guys.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,872

Post#294 » by Curmudgeon » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:58 pm

Oh, I think Morant is an NBA player and will go either #3 or #4 (behind someone like Reddish or Little).

A player I like for the Celtics is De'Andre Hunter. Tony Bennett teaches defense. I'm also looking at some international players because if Ainge can't consolidate picks he will probably have to draft and stash. Doumbouya is very young and obviously a good prospect, but he will probably go top 10. Luka Samanic is very skilled, but not as athletic as Doumbouya, so maybe Samanic will slip into the 20's.

A name to keep in mind for 2020 is Arturs Zagars, a 6-3 Latvian who can really shoot, still only 18 years old. He scored 35 against Russia to get Lavtia to the European U-18 championship final, and 26 more in the final game, which Latvia lost to Serbia.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#295 » by Homerclease » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:19 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
2Mas wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Id love to talk you out of him if you ever get on his train haha. Honestly I think he is one of the more overrated prospects in awhile. I see a lot of draft boards with a big majority saying he should be the #2 guy. We tend to see this in weak drafts. 2013 we saw this, 2016 we saw this as well. Kris Dunn got talked up like no others, Marquess Chriss got talked up. I think when a draft class really misses out on having that solid 2-5, people will tend to talk themselves into prospects.

To me the group of RJ, Ja, Cam, Culver, Little are a really good 6-10. I think they're similar level prospects to WCJ, Bamba, Knox, Sexton or Fox, Isaac, Lauri, DSJ.

I think the tournament makes or breaks him. I’ve alwahs been on the side of that you can teach an athlete basketball but you can’t teach athleticism. Morant has all the physical tools you could ever ask for, it’s all in the development process. Nobody thought Giannis would be Giannis, RW would be RW and so on and so forth. When your picking high, AND your already a winning team, then you can afford to roll the dice
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#296 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:30 pm

Homerclease wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
2Mas wrote:Can you talk me into Ja Morant? Idky I'm not into him.

I think the tournament makes or breaks him. I’ve alwahs been on the side of that you can teach an athlete basketball but you can’t teach athleticism. Morant has all the physical tools you could ever ask for, it’s all in the development process. Nobody thought Giannis would be Giannis, RW would be RW and so on and so forth. When your picking high, AND your already a winning team, then you can afford to roll the dice

I agree. Thats just not a #2 pick in my opinion. I also dont think he is the same level prospect as Russ was coming out of UCLA either. This is why I think he's very overrated, I think he is the kind of guy you take late lotto, not #2 overall.
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#297 » by Homerclease » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:38 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

I agree. Thats just not a #2 pick in my opinion. I also dont think he is the same level prospect as Russ was coming out of UCLA either. This is why I think he's very overrated, I think he is the kind of guy you take late lotto, not #2 overall.

Second overall no, I would have him behind Zion and RJ as high as 3, depending on where you stand about Reddish, Little and a few others.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,872

Post#298 » by Curmudgeon » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:16 pm

Ja Morant is averaging nearly 11 dimes per game. That's what makes him interesting.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Post#299 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:51 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
2Mas wrote:I think its clear we have no shot at Zion. So now I just root for a team to take him that will use him right.

Cle don't deserve him
Phx don't deserve him.

As a Zion fan NY is my #1 hope. I think he and KP would be fun to watch and Zion in that market would be huge. Chicago is my #2. Another great basketball market and I do think they have some young pieces to go with him. My long shot #3 is Dallas. I'm hoping Dallas slips to having like the 9th worst record but gets lucky in the lotto and lands the #1 pick. Zion and Doncic would be crazy.

Chicago is where top prospects go to die..... Don't do it.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#300 » by VCfor3 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:31 am

Bleeding Green wrote:Porzingis is a meme at this point, call me when he finishes his first full season. I think Zion on ATL would be so dope. Trae/Huerter/Spellman/Zion/Collins is a legit, legit core (all 22 or under going into next season), and I don't even like Trae Young. But he could be one of the better passing PGs, Huerter could be Klay, Collins is Amare, Zion could be whatever the hell he wants. Spellman is the glue guy who does everything well. Plus they have that extra Mavs pick if it falls outside of #5, plus some juicy second round picks. If they nail this draft, that's could be a really, really good team for a long time. Imagine they get #1 and #6.

Wallace would trade Zion for our pick and a late 2019 1st round pick and say "Didn't I do good guys? I got our pick back! See that Jeff Green trade I did turned out fine."

Return to Boston Celtics