ImageImageImage

Jayson Tatum 2nd season expectations thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Re: Jayson Tatum 2nd season expectations thread 

Post#41 » by ddb » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:42 pm

dorkestra wrote:He can be a mixture of Tobias Harris and Robert Covington which is a very good player.
You should be embarrassed to make this comparison. Tatum is a sure fire superstar in the making and if you don't recognize that then I seriously question your ability to judge players

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Post#42 » by 2Mas » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:05 pm

ddb wrote:
dorkestra wrote:He can be a mixture of Tobias Harris and Robert Covington which is a very good player.
You should be embarrassed to make this comparison. Tatum is a sure fire superstar in the making and if you don't recognize that then I seriously question your ability to judge players

Obviously trolling. Why even bother?

jmr07019 wrote:Tatum's development I think is the single most important story line of this season. Forget top 5 this guy can be the best player in the league. Or he could be a top 15 consistent allstar but not a yearly mvp candidate. Last night was a good start.

Can he continue to score 20 a night? I think he can. He's clearly our 2nd best offensive option behind Kyrie. Hayward is clearly going to take time to get back to pre injury form and Tatum is just a better option than Brown or Horford.

The other thing I will be monitoring is his rebounding. Really hoping he can improve his defensive rebound %. It will make our small ball lineups work much better. Again 9 boards last night is a good start. You would hope that as he gets stronger he will rebound better.

Last night was scary for the league. Not gonna lie, I loved him working w/ Kobe over the summer. Dude looked like a grown ass man last night. Like you said, not scared to shoot or being soft like last year. Damn I was hyped watching him. I think i'm underrating him personally. IK it's 1 game, but it's not even the stats that stand out. His whole aura was different.

This is gonna be a helluva season.
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,424

Post#43 » by PierceFan4ever » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:07 pm

He’s untouchable. I don’t care if it’s AD or KD, any package involving Tatum with a bunch of high draft picks and young talent is a no imo. He’s.only.20!
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#44 » by ddb » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:18 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:He’s untouchable. I don’t care if it’s AD or KD, any package involving Tatum with a bunch of high draft picks and young talent is a no imo. He’s.only.20!
Yep. Tatum is off the table. He will be flirting with being a top 10 player sooner than later. Any Davis deal if that were to surface down the line would be a Jaylen Brown, Kings pick centric move....but honestly, who cares right now. This team has a chance to be special. Let's enjoy the ride.

CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#45 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:37 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:We've overhyped the kid I'm afraid. I'm a huge fan, but calling him a future MVP candidate/top 5 player has raised expectations much too high, especially since he won't get the shot attempts required to get those kinds of numbers. I understand that when most people said those things, they were talking about Tatum in about 5-6 years from now. Unfortunately, we live in a microwave society where instant gratification is king. If Tatum puts up 15-17 ppg this season, I will be more than happy about that. Unfortunately, we will have to deal with everyone outside of Boston calling him a disappointment.

I know it's only 1 game into his second year, but it looks like I'm going to eat a lot of **** for my take, and I'm very happy to do so. Seems like maybe I underrated the kid. Pass me the plate of crow and some hot sauce please.
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

Post#46 » by dorkestra » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:09 am

ddb wrote:

No need to get hostile my friend. I compared him to two more established players who happen to both be very good players on different sides of the ball. Rough night tonight for him, but no reason to think he cant shake it off and continue to develop
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,462

Post#47 » by Saint Lazarus » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:51 pm

ddb wrote:

he's a troll
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#48 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:13 pm

dorkestra wrote:
ddb wrote:

No need to get hostile my friend. I compared him to two more established players who happen to both be very good players on different sides of the ball. Rough night tonight for him, but no reason to think he cant shake it off and continue to develop

I think Tobias Harris is a pretty good scorer. However, who is this Robert Covington that you speak of? Please excuse my ignorance, but I mainly watch Celtics games, and I don't believe I've ever seen Covington yet. Is he any good? What's he known for? What team does he play on?
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,462

Post#49 » by Saint Lazarus » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:00 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
dorkestra wrote:
ddb wrote:You should be embarrassed to make this comparison. Tatum is a sure fire superstar in the making and if you don't recognize that then I seriously question your ability to judge players

I think Tobias Harris is a pretty good scorer. However, who is this Robert Covington that you speak of? Please excuse my ignorance, but I mainly watch Celtics games, and I don't believe I've ever seen Covington yet. Is he any good? What's he known for? What team does he play on?

Is he the guy with the dead animal on top of his head?
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,944

Post#50 » by Parliament10 » Fri Nov 9, 2018 8:46 pm

I'm wondering where, what and when, Tatum finds himself this year.
He seems to have more pressure heaped on him, and seems more unsure of himself.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#51 » by ermocrate » Fri Nov 9, 2018 9:08 pm

Parliament10 wrote:I'm wondering where, what and when, Tatum finds himself this year.

I suspect this has also something to do with being a father at the 20yo, not an easy task, maybe he is a little more tired than he should be...
"Negativity in this town sucks"
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#52 » by cloverleaf » Fri Nov 9, 2018 9:32 pm

ermocrate wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:I'm wondering where, what and when, Tatum finds himself this year.

I suspect this has also something to do with being a father at the 20yo, not an easy task, maybe he is a little more tired than he should be...

My understanding was that he wasn't actually living with the kiddo. Both the mom and his mom supposedly had more direct roles in day-to-day care (and separate digs from him).
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#53 » by colaroaster » Fri Nov 9, 2018 9:41 pm

tatum's rookie season he had eleven +20pt games with a season high vs philly ECN 28pts. eventually he's gonna blow-up and put on a shooting clinic, make a statement that he's destined for greatness. durant 2.0
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#54 » by Edug27 » Fri Nov 9, 2018 9:50 pm

ddb wrote:

He’s not a sure fire superstar. Slow down. He shows flashes of a player who can become an all star and possibly a player you can build a franchise around. There’s a ton of potential there. But definitely not a sure fire superstar. Only so many superstars in the league to begin with and he’s been anything but consistent. He really broke out during that playoff run. Let’s hope he continues to improve each game, week, month, year.
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#55 » by Edug27 » Fri Nov 9, 2018 9:54 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
dorkestra wrote:
ddb wrote:You should be embarrassed to make this comparison. Tatum is a sure fire superstar in the making and if you don't recognize that then I seriously question your ability to judge players

Jaylen might be closer to a Covington than Tatum. Covington can’t really do much aside from play D and spot up 3’s. Jaylen can attack the basket... sometimes.
Iguodaladon
Pro Prospect
And1: 954

Post#56 » by Iguodaladon » Fri Nov 9, 2018 10:30 pm

He's too much in his head atm and is playing very passive. He's passing up shots he wouldn't have thought twice about taking in the first couple games this season. Imo he started taking way too many of those deep 2's and ended up missing a load of them which possibly knocked his confidence. Tatum's got a great midrange game, but he's been taking too many of those pointless Avery Bradley long 2's this season. Tatum should be shooting about 16 times a game; focusing on 3's and getting to the basket, taking mismatches off the dribble or faking off the 3 into a midrange shot, but atm he looks completely shook out there which is sad to see considering his breakout playoffs and those great first 2 games he had for us this season
Obama to Zach Lavine: ‘I used to be able to get up like you back in the day.’
Jaren Jackson Jr on Doncic: 'I thought he was a myth'
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#57 » by GuyClinch » Fri Nov 9, 2018 11:55 pm

Needs to take and make more 3s. He should be 17ppg in his second season with 42% 3 point shooting. His numbers are down from last year thus far - so its been a regression.
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#58 » by ermocrate » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:07 am

cloverleaf wrote:
ermocrate wrote:

My understanding was that he wasn't actually living with the kiddo. Both the mom and his mom supposedly had more direct roles in day-to-day care (and separate digs from him).

Thanks for the information, this leave a bittersweet taste in my mouth but looks like definitely is not what I suspected.
"Negativity in this town sucks"
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,030

Post#59 » by exculpatory » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:56 am

From Jayson’s mouth to mother **** reality!

Read on Twitter
?s=21

20 PPG!
Reserve All Star!
Celtics shock the **** world & go to the ECF!

(Kyrie is booed out of Brooklyn for being a team wrecking douchebag!)

PS
Parl:
Please change the title of this thread to:
“JAYSON TATUM: SEASON 3 EXPECTATIONS”
TY, Ex.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,412

Post#60 » by reload141 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:04 am

exculpatory wrote:From Jayson’s mouth to mother **** reality!

Read on Twitter
?s=21

20 PPG!
Reserve All Star!
Celtics shock the **** world & go to the ECF!

(Kyrie is booed out of Brooklyn for being a team wrecking douchebag!)

PS
Parl:
Please change the title of this thread to:
“JAYSON TATUM: SEASON 3 EXPECTATIONS”
TY, Ex.

+1

Let’s get this show on the road!!

Return to Boston Celtics