ImageImageImage

Which former Celtic (since the start of the rebuild) would best benefit this team?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

amory87
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,434

Which former Celtic (since the start of the rebuild) would best benefit this team? 

Post#1 » by amory87 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:24 pm

Since that fateful night when the 2nd Big 3 era officially ended with the trade of Pierce and KG. Assume that they would join the roster without having to cut someone else, and that they would join with their skillset and future potential at the time they left. Ignore their salary. Assume we're paying them in gum.

I'm going to go with a boring answer and say Kelly. He fits our offense, shoots better than Baynes, is a team guy, can rebound a little bit, and restores the man bun quota.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Re: Which former Celtic (since the start of the rebuild) would best benefit this team? 

Post#2 » by Bleeding Green » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:23 pm

Olynyk for sure. Was a hard to pill to swallow, letting him go. Of course it was the right move given the salary cap, but he's so good. Jae Crowder wouldn't be bad, but he fell off hard. IT is finished probably. Do draft picks traded count? Fultz would be nasty on this team as a defensive guy who can get to the bucket.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
amory87
Bench Warmer

Re: Which former Celtic (since the start of the rebuild) would best benefit this team? 

Post#3 » by amory87 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:43 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:Olynyk for sure. Was a hard to pill to swallow, letting him go. Of course it was the right move given the salary cap, but he's so good. Jae Crowder wouldn't be bad, but he fell off hard. IT is finished probably. Do draft picks traded count? Fultz would be nasty on this team as a defensive guy who can get to the bucket.

Haha no traded draft picks

But I absolutely disagree on Fultz. I think he's out of the league in 3 years unless he finds a small market, out of the spotlight landing spot where he can effectively suck, but figure things out while the media pays no real attention to him. Boston would be even worse for him than Philly is
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,825

Post#4 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:52 pm

Olynyk with the bench unit would be really nice.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#5 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:16 am

amory87 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Olynyk for sure. Was a hard to pill to swallow, letting him go. Of course it was the right move given the salary cap, but he's so good. Jae Crowder wouldn't be bad, but he fell off hard. IT is finished probably. Do draft picks traded count? Fultz would be nasty on this team as a defensive guy who can get to the bucket.

But I absolutely disagree on Fultz. I think he's out of the league in 3 years unless he finds a small market, out of the spotlight landing spot where he can effectively suck, but figure things out while the media pays no real attention to him. Boston would be even worse for him than Philly is

Have you seen him play? He's hyperathletic and would be a freak defensively if he were on this team. He's 20.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,265

Post#6 » by brackdan70 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:35 am

The Kelly Olynyk!!!!
Sign here
amory87
Bench Warmer

Post#7 » by amory87 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:48 am

Bleeding Green wrote:
amory87 wrote:

Have you seen him play? He's hyperathletic and would be a freak defensively if he were on this team. He's 20.

If you want an elite defender you could have Bradley back in this scenario

And Bradley can play offense
24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,858

Post#8 » by 24istheLAW » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:00 am

I’d go with Kelly Olynyk too, I think his perimeter skills really open up offense in a way you can’t put a finger on. He’s doing it in Miami too.

That said, I think E’Twuan Moore deserves a mention in this thread. Shoots about 40% from deep, can handle a bit, low maintenance. Hayward and Irving returning should address it but we did miss having a shooter off the bench last year I thought. Would fit a need better on last year’s team than a better known defensive type like Crowder.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#9 » by 3D Chess » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:40 am

3Twuan is a great call but it has always been the Olynyk. I bet he wishes he was still here too.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,905

Post#10 » by Parliament10 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:11 am

"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,109

Post#11 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:23 am

Who would Olynyk play over? Morris? Baynes? Hell no. Soft trash.

I'm 100% going Avery Bradley. Dude was easily the best two way player we had after Horford in the pre Tatum era. NO matter how stacked we are at guard, Avery was always my guy.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#12 » by Roddy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:34 am

Avery or Dwight Powell.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#13 » by 3D Chess » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:49 pm

Read on Twitter
amory87
Bench Warmer

Post#14 » by amory87 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:30 pm

3D Chess wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kelly Olynyk even makes a game winner look boring
UNCBlue012
Analyst
And1: 4,141

Post#15 » by UNCBlue012 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:30 pm

Kelly or Avery!
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,367

Post#16 » by Homerclease » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:35 pm

Can’t believe I’m gonna say this but Evan Turner.
Scarletfire81
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#17 » by Scarletfire81 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:34 pm

IMO no one. Marcus Morris> Kelly olynk. This team has upgraded every position since the intial rebuild and is the deepest in NBA. We don't need anything except health at this point.
Valid
RealGM
And1: 12,656

Post#18 » by Valid » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:14 pm

Scarletfire81 wrote:IMO no one. Marcus Morris> Kelly olynk. This team has upgraded every position since the intial rebuild and is the deepest in NBA. We don't need anything except health at this point.

In a vacuum, Olynyk is a better player than Morris, but they are two completely different kinds of players and aren't really all that comparable.

To answer the question, I would probably say KO, but I'm not sure where he would fit. We have Horford and Baynes alternating at center, and Tatum and Morris are both small ball 4s with the ability to play the 3, giving us some positional versatility that Olynyk wouldn't provide.

In reality, none of the guys we have dumped would really fit on this team.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#19 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:27 pm

This thread is sneaky the most savage Department of Welfare beatdown that the IT fanboys have ever taken here, and they have taken a lot of them over the last 15 months or so.

Did someone say E'Twuan Moore?

BOOM! Uppercut!
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#20 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:34 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:This thread is sneaky the most savage Department of Welfare beatdown that the IT fanboys have ever taken here, and they have taken a lot of them over the last 15 months or so.

Did someone say E'Twuan Moore?

BOOM! Uppercut!

Lolol
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return to Boston Celtics