ImageImageImage

Celtics 101 @ Raptors 113 Postgame Notes (1-1)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Re: Celtics 101 @ Raptors 113 Postgame Notes (1-1) 

Post#201 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:43 am

Guys, seriously knock off this hyper-aggressive BS where you troll/bait all of Toronto and pretend that they're not good. The division banners **** is played out and posting it only invites them here to engage you in a pissing contest where no one wins.

Be respectful. This is my last ‘friendly’ warning. If a Toronto fan comes in trying to bait/troll, report them and move on. For **** sake, arent you guys tired of the same old **** from the last 3 years? I am— be better.

-SwC
LuckyLeprechaun
Rookie
And1: 1,333

Post#202 » by LuckyLeprechaun » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:05 pm

I think this game showed me that home court is going to matter in the East this year. Raps fans are as pumped as they've ever been and truly seem to believe they are winning a title this year. Late in the 4th it seemed like their players fed off that energy a little bit.

Crushing their hopes and dreams in May will be one of the highlights of the year.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#203 » by truth18 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:28 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:Guys, seriously knock off this hyper-aggressive BS where you troll/bait all of Toronto and pretend that they're not good. The division banners **** is played out and posting it only invites them here to engage you in a pissing contest where no one wins.

Be respectful. This is my last ‘friendly’ warning. If a Toronto fan comes in trying to bait/troll, report them and move on. For **** sake, arent you guys tired of the same old **** from the last 3 years? I am— be better.

-SwC

Yeah if posting a picture of some pieces of cloth on our own Celtics forum (not the GB or their forum) is baiting I may have to take a look at some other websites. Knicks have a huge population on here and don't flood our **** threads. At best it makes them hard to navigate, especially with no search feature. At worst it creates a series of arguments.

The technical issues and antiquated forum software are pissing me off to the point where I'll probably start looking at other places/start my own forum regardless of this.

You do what you have to do though.
YOU LOSE
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,154

Post#204 » by DarkAzcura » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:38 pm

I would love if we got rid of Morris. While Kyrie, Tatum, Rozier, and Brown are prone to taking selfish and bad shots, when Morris starts to do it, sometimes I think things fall a part. Only two games, but I feel pretty comfortable thinking I want Morris off the team somehow, someway. We need more facilitators. Trying to balance the minutes for someone at the talent level of Morris just isn’t worth it.

Hayward’s BBIQ has been a breath of fresh air even back in the preseason when some were freaking out. I love watching Hayward and Horford play ball. Just so smart.
mdemers938
Junior
And1: 186

Post#205 » by mdemers938 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:00 pm

I’m sorry but this ones on brad.

He’s playing the bench way too much.

Starters should all be logging 30+ mins AND CLOSING GAMES.

Bench can split remaining minutes.

It feels like Brad is forcing the bench minutes and our lineups are too crazy. Someone needs to
sacrifice minutes - Smart/Rozier + Morris. So be it!!!

PLAY YOUR DAMN STARTERS BRAD
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,154

Post#206 » by DarkAzcura » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:06 pm

mdemers938 wrote:I’m sorry but this ones on brad.

It feels like Brad is forcing the bench minutes and our lineups are too crazy. Someone needs to

Kyrie and Tatum played 36 minutes. Horford played 33. Hayward is only down in minutes because of he is on a restriction. Brown was really the only starter below 30, and yeah that probably has something to do with Morris to be fair. Once the minute restriction is lifted on Hayward, I do think the Celtics need to look hard at trading Morris.
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#207 » by JHTruth » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:32 pm

DarkAzcura wrote:

Kyrie and Tatum played 36 minutes. Horford played 33. Hayward is only down in minutes because of he is on a restriction. Brown was really the only starter below 30, and yeah that probably has something to do with Morris to be fair. Once the minute restriction is lifted on Hayward, I do think the Celtics need to look hard at trading Morris.

Morris is the same blackhole he's been for his whole career. He's awful. Smart is beyond awful as well
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,479

Post#208 » by K For Three » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:42 pm

truth18 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:Guys, seriously knock off this hyper-aggressive BS where you troll/bait all of Toronto and pretend that they're not good. The division banners **** is played out and posting it only invites them here to engage you in a pissing contest where no one wins.

-SwC

Yeah if posting a picture of some pieces of cloth on our own Celtics forum (not the GB or their forum) is baiting I may have to take a look at some other websites. Knicks have a huge population on here and don't flood our **** threads. At best it makes them hard to navigate, especially with no search feature. At worst it creates a series of arguments.

The technical issues and antiquated forum software are pissing me off to the point where I'll probably start looking at other places/start my own forum regardless of this.

If you ever start a forum send me a message. I would love to join. :)
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#209 » by K For Three » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:47 pm

Yep. Thats basically it IMO. I want the starters to get into a real groove and get comfortable. I think we legit have multiple all stars in our starting lineup too or the potential for it.

But instead we have to feed this BWA thing too. And look, last year is over....some of those guys are still living off on some fun playoff run in a weak east with Lebron still running the show. It was fun but it's over. If this team wants to compete with GS it needs to later get serious with the starting lineup closing games and logging in heavy minutes when they are all healthy and capable of it.

Jaylen for one is capable of it but he got taken out for freaking Morris/Rozier.

Establishment this season I hope happens with the starters vs. the backups. Period. I hope it works out too and yes we will still win loads and loads of games but some of these lineups are messy so far.
Pacino62
Analyst
And1: 2,436

Post#210 » by Pacino62 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:56 pm

Kyrie For Three wrote:
truth18 wrote:

-SwC

Yep. Me too. And I’d actually post regularly :D
“All due respect and I’m generally curious but who tf is cousin steez” ~ MagicBagley18

"i see celtics fans here are nothing but a s s holes so good bye not going to waste my time with you lowlifes." ~ HornetsFan29
aroc23
Junior
And1: 355

Post#211 » by aroc23 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:00 pm

I think us Raptors fans were kidding ourselves thinking we could have beat you guys last year if we matched up. You guys have way too many capable wing scorers/defenders for the 2018 team. You're kind of like the Warriors Lite in that regard. While you do not have the Warriors' superstar talent, you're much deeper and your 2 point guard lineup (Rozier and Irving) is more dynamic than the Warriors (Curry and Livingston). I think you guys are now the toughest team to matchup against, and you are the most versatile, which will serve you well in the playoffs.

That being said, I think the Raptors are now in the same tier with Kawhi and Green subbing in for DD and Poetl. We traded 2 non-shooters who cannot guard your forward, for 2 three point shooters are among the best defenders at their position (in Kawhi's case, the best). The Raptors can now run lineups that have shooters at all 5 positions just like the Celtics, and they can do it with elite one-on-one defense (Kawhi, OG, Green, Siakim) and elite help defense (Lowry and Serge).

The Raptors also have Delon, FVV and Lowry to throw at Irving and Rozier. I think Delon will be big against the Celtics. Our bench lineup does not work as constructed without him. As you saw last night, without Delon there to handle the ball, FVV overdribbles and is forced to take tough shots. If Delon is not there next game I'd like to see OG and Siakim switch places so we have another ball handler off the bench.

I really hope Delon Wright plays the next time we match up because I think only then will we see the true potential of the bench lineup. I think that's important because I am sure Hayward and Irving will only get better as the season goes on.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#212 » by K For Three » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:01 pm

Pacino62 wrote:
Kyrie For Three wrote:
truth18 wrote:

Yep. Me too. And I’d actually post regularly :D

I didn't even post much in the game thread last night. I likely won't if it's just going to be another group of plastics whining about every single move Kyrie Irving makes when he is coming off of a long offseason/surgery/infection and is still clearly not 100% in the game yet. Same people will be kissing his ass in a few weeks, but last nights game thread was beyond pathetic.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,840

Post#213 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:08 pm

Dude, it's game 2 of 82. Brad needs to tinker and experiment with lineups to see what works, plus he needs to keep his guys fresh. It's a long season. No need to wear his guys out early.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,840

Post#214 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:14 pm

Should have had that game last night, but at least we didn't get blown out. The ugly 3rd quarter did us in. Didn't stop Kawhi or Ibaka in the 2nd half. The Marcuses were bad last night on offense too.

The positives that I got from the game were that Hayward is starting to be himself again, as was Kyrie. On to the next one.
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,851

Post#215 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:27 pm

I just watched the replay. Good game Raptors. Hope the next game is as good as it was last night.
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,775

Post#216 » by NuckyPowell » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:37 pm

Might be a little concerning if it looked like Toronto had more talent than us. That just wasn't the case. Our upside is higher. Might take Kyrie and Gordon a couple of months to really find their groove, and for Brad to figure out the best way to use all his talent. I'm quite confident that by the time the playoffs roll around, we'll knock them out if we play them.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,909

Post#217 » by FlatearthZorro » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:50 pm

Domenico wrote:+ Hayward looked better already. Will still need time though. Kyrie looked better on offense.
-Shot selection. Smart took too many shots. Defensie awareness could also be better for Brown for example.
Going forward: Ibaka and Green won't produce like this every time, but they have other players who can stand up. As already predicted: our toughest opponent in the East if Leonard is locked in. On to NY for an easy win.

Brown did fantastic job on Leonard, tbh. To me Jaylen and Horfie were our best defenders, sadly Jaylen didn't play much.

I was really hoping that this season Smart and Morris will tone it down on offense, but it probably wont happen.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Iguodaladon
Pro Prospect
And1: 954

Post#218 » by Iguodaladon » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Forgot how good Kahwaii was; commentators were talking about how we're worried about who's gonna stop him, but all you can do is try your best against a guy like that. I thought Brown's minutes were pretty weird last night, he wasn't doing that great against Kahwaii, but overall he had a solid game
Obama to Zach Lavine: ‘I used to be able to get up like you back in the day.’
Jaren Jackson Jr on Doncic: 'I thought he was a myth'
Sisqo
Analyst
And1: 2,267

Post#219 » by Sisqo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:54 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
HitTheJ wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
Here's the real LMAO:

got damn your so angry lmao

Not mad at all.

I said I don't think you guys matter at all. You were the ones who got mad, lol.

Dont think anyone really cares what you have to set let alone get mad about it. Only thing I've seen is people comment on how you seem so salty over a fairly meaningless early season game. Why not ton down the **** act a little bit and discuss basketball? No one is here to start **** but you're trying to troll a little too hard.
GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,980

Post#220 » by GregB » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:55 pm

NuckyPowell wrote:Might be a little concerning if it looked like Toronto had more talent than us. That just wasn't the case. Our upside is higher. Might take Kyrie and Gordon a couple of months to really find their groove, and for Brad to figure out the best way to use all his talent. I'm quite confident that by the time the playoffs roll around, we'll knock them out if we play them.

Agreed.

This happens every year with Brad. He uses the early part of the season to experiment with lineups and matchups. Then once he sees what is working he cleans up the rotation and we close out the year strong.

We could have easily won that game and I still think this team has more unrealized growth than the raptors squad.

Not stressed about this loss at all.

Return to Boston Celtics