ImageImageImage

Trade thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Re: Trade thread 

Post#401 » by Andrew McCeltic » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:25 pm

NuckyPowell wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:
NuckyPowell wrote:It's not impossible that Williams turns out to be the better player between him and Bamba.

of course not.

BUt if I had to choose one or the other, I'd go Bamba,

Right, but would you give up significant assets to get Bamba while thinking that Williams might be better and costs you no further assets? That's all I'm saying. I would not.

Yeah, beat me to it - Williams had a second college season to lower expectations, but his defensive stats and rebounding were neck and neck with Bamba and Jackson Jr. - those two appeared to have much more offensive upside - but if he were getting 15-25 minutes a night, he’d likely have a few board, block and dunk fests in his highlight reel already.
FutureIsGreen
Junior
And1: 236

Post#402 » by FutureIsGreen » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:26 pm

Find it hilarious yall keep putting Hayward in deals. You're watching way too much ESPN. Kyrie and Hayward are here to stay.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,294

Post#403 » by djFan71 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:52 pm

fallguy wrote:I don't think you make any deal that isn't setting up a Davis trade.

Agreed. The one thing I think that helps that is signed salary for next year so you don't need to complicate an AD trade with sign and trades. Ideally you get someone that is a) signed, but to a good deal or expiring next season b) young with potential or a vet to help this year, c) attractive to the Pellies

Which makes the right trade hard to find. Brown is already all 3 of the 3 above, so you don't trade him unless it's a clear win or he's part of a larger deal. Morris & Rozier aren't signed, but that makes their value lower to teams trading for them, so it's tough to find something that works for everybody.
Silky
Junior
And1: 144

Post#404 » by Silky » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:27 pm

Bamba is better than williams.

I like williams but bamba can shoot. He is so much farther ahead on offense.

Sent from my LG-H831 using RealGM mobile app
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,038

Post#405 » by mg » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:32 pm

djFan71 wrote:
fallguy wrote:I don't think you make any deal that isn't setting up a Davis trade.

Agreed. The one thing I think that helps that is signed salary for next year so you don't need to complicate an AD trade with sign and trades. Ideally you get someone that is a) signed, but to a good deal or expiring next season b) young with potential or a vet to help this year, c) attractive to the Pellies

Which makes the right trade hard to find. Brown is already all 3 of the 3 above, so you don't trade him unless it's a clear win or he's part of a larger deal. Morris & Rozier aren't signed, but that makes their value lower to teams trading for them, so it's tough to find something that works for everybody.

Hayward or Kyrie are not going to be attractive the the Pels. Irving would never agree to be signed and traded there anyway.
Now as you mentioned an expiring as filler would be better.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#406 » by djFan71 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:38 pm

mg wrote:
djFan71 wrote:

Hayward or Kyrie are not going to be attractive the the Pels. Irving would never agree to be signed and traded there anyway.
Now as you mentioned an expiring as filler would be better.

Yep, and we want those guys on our team with AD.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#407 » by Dannyboy36 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:13 pm

djFan71 wrote:

If AD wanted out next year do you think the Pelicans would you want :
Ben Simmons, Chandler and Z. Smith or
Tatum, Morris, Smart, yabs, and the sac and Memphis picks?
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#408 » by djFan71 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:54 pm

Dannyboy36 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:

If AD wanted out next year do you think the Pelicans would you want :
Ben Simmons, Chandler and Z. Smith or
Tatum, Morris, Smart, yabs, and the sac and Memphis picks?

Not sure we would offer that, but Tatum/Smart/picks seems better than Simmons/Smith and no picks which is what that essentially boils down to when you get rid of the vets. Morris s&t seems unlikely. Think we'd have to make the picks, sign them and complete the deal afterwards and not include Morris. If the picks are high enough, the salary would work, I think.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#409 » by jmr07019 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:19 am

FutureIsGreen wrote:Find it hilarious yall keep putting Hayward in deals. You're watching way too much ESPN. Kyrie and Hayward are here to stay.

Hayward for sure because no one is taking on his deal.
Show Love Spread Love
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#410 » by djFan71 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:55 am

Would you guys/gals do Jaylen & SAC's pick back to them for Marvin Bagley? Would Sac?

They seem to have a glut of PF and nothing special at SF. Throw Bird in for salary. If we need to, add another pick even? I don't think it's a hot take / panic trade or selling low on Jaylen - I think he'll bounce back fine. But, there's clearly only time for 2 of Terry, Jaylen & Gordon. Gordon's not going anywhere, Terry's tough to get value for as an expiring. Jaylen probably returns the most value.

Kyrie/Smart/Tatum/Morris/Al
Terry/Gordon/Semi/Bagley/Baynes or Theis

Next year, resign Terry after he has Smart's last summer and nobody offers him a starting gig or $20M.
Morris probably walks. Start Gordon, Bagley or Baynes instead.

If an AD offer comes along, Bagley's a nice centerpiece.

I'd offer the same package to the Bulls or Grizz, but they are weaker up front, so less likely to part with Carter or JJJ.
denmuscles
Pro Prospect
And1: 620

Post#411 » by denmuscles » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:17 am

Im sure Davis will want out and it will be down to a wire btw us and the Lakers
Silky
Junior

Post#412 » by Silky » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:43 am

People are still pining of Davis?

I will be shocked if he becomes a Celtic. Shocked.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#413 » by SmartWentCrazy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:13 pm

djFan71 wrote:Would you guys/gals do Jaylen & SAC's pick back to them for Marvin Bagley? Would Sac?

They seem to have a glut of PF and nothing special at SF. Throw Bird in for salary. If we need to, add another pick even? I don't think it's a hot take / panic trade or selling low on Jaylen - I think he'll bounce back fine. But, there's clearly only time for 2 of Terry, Jaylen & Gordon. Gordon's not going anywhere, Terry's tough to get value for as an expiring. Jaylen probably returns the most value.

Kyrie/Smart/Tatum/Morris/Al
Terry/Gordon/Semi/Bagley/Baynes or Theis

Next year, resign Terry after he has Smart's last summer and nobody offers him a starting gig or $20M.
Morris probably walks. Start Gordon, Bagley or Baynes instead.

If an AD offer comes along, Bagley's a nice centerpiece.

I'd offer the same package to the Bulls or Grizz, but they are weaker up front, so less likely to part with Carter or JJJ.

We would but Sacramento wouldnt— they love him and nearly fired their coach over not playing him enough.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#414 » by SmartWentCrazy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:11 pm

Would anyone do a Hayward for CP3 swap?

Pro’s:
-CP3 is better now and will likely be better next season
-Kyrie has made comments regarding him liking to play with another ball handler
-CP3 can defend at a high level and switch 1-3

Con’s:
-CP3’s contract is gross AF
-The last year of his deal will be rough
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#415 » by BillessuR6 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:14 pm

Why for Celtics: Get a more productive player currently (and a good shooter) who wants out in WAS and get under tax treshold
Why for Indiana: Sabonis is clearly the future at C. Do they want to pay 20 mio to a back-up in Turner? He also hasn`t developed as expected. They get back a homegrown star in Hayward and a great second punch to Oladipo when he gets more in shape...
Why for WAS: they need to do something, the chemistry is terrible. With this move they get a young big with potential that balances out their roster...

Obviously picks, other player can be added...
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,840

Post#416 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:37 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:Would anyone do a Hayward for CP3 swap?

Pro’s:
-CP3 is better now and will likely be better next season
-Kyrie has made comments regarding him liking to play with another ball handler
-CP3 can defend at a high level and switch 1-3

Con’s:
-CP3’s contract is gross AF
-The last year of his deal will be rough

Nope, but only because of petty reasons. I despise Chris Paul. I hate him, his weak beard that he uses to hide his double-chin, his whack insurance commercials, his terrible Jordans (one of the worst signature shoe lines in the history of basketball), his flopping, his whining, etc. Never liked him, but my distaste for him grew exponentially when he refused a trade to Boston back in 2011, and then grew even more when he was thinking about coming here last season. He's a front-running douche. I would be insufferable on these boards if he ever became a Celtic.

He's a helluva basketball player though.
Silky
Junior

Post#417 » by Silky » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:48 pm

thebirdman wrote:Image

Why for Celtics: Get a more productive player currently (and a good shooter) who wants out in WAS and get under tax treshold
Why for Indiana: Sabonis is clearly the future at C. Do they want to pay 20 mio to a back-up in Turner? He also hasn`t developed as expected. They get back a homegrown star in Hayward and a great second punch to Oladipo when he gets more in shape...
Why for WAS: they need to do something, the chemistry is terrible. With this move they get a young big with potential that balances out their roster...

I personally would look hard at doing the deal, but would prefer Joseph coming here. Solid backup PG, really solid.

Having him would open the door for a potential Brown/terry/Bird trade for a shooter off the bench and a good center who can put Horford back to PF. (perhaps terry and brown for bamba and a pick?

Irving/Joseph/Wannamaker
Beal/Smart/Bird
Tatum/Trade/Semi
Morris/Theis/Yabusele
Horford/Baynes/Williams

that is a much better lineup that currently constructed, and then being able to move Morris to bench, horford to PF and putting in a starting center....very nice...

CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,840

Post#418 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:52 pm

This is one of the better trade ideas I've seen on this board. If you threw Baynes or Time Lord into the deal, I think Indiana might say yes. They're not a FA destination, so preserving cap makes no sense for them. Sabonis is a PF though, so they still need to get back a C
Silky
Junior

Post#419 » by Silky » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:55 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:

This is one of the better trade ideas I've seen on this board.

someone tweet it to Danny ASAP
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#420 » by SmartWentCrazy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:10 pm

Why wouldnt Indy just cut us out and take Beal?

Return to Boston Celtics