ImageImageImage

Trade thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Re: Trade thread 

Post#441 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:23 am

At this point, if we made a 2-1 or 3-2 trade with Phoenix, it might be the best thing for our on-court balance. Jackson or Jackson/Holmes or Jackson/Daniels or Jackson/Bender, or Warren/Holmes or Warren/Daniels (getting Warren as a secondary scorer would take trading Morris).

The problem with the Jackson deals is that he's another ambitious young player at risk of chucking shots, but he'd stand a better chance to get minutes and potentially has the versatility to play 1-4 on the second unit.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,802

Post#442 » by Parliament10 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:44 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Fire Sale?
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#443 » by SmartWentCrazy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:54 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:Would anyone do a Hayward for CP3 swap?

Pro’s:
-CP3 is better now and will likely be better next season
-Kyrie has made comments regarding him liking to play with another ball handler
-CP3 can defend at a high level and switch 1-3

Con’s:
-CP3’s contract is gross AF
-The last year of his deal will be rough

Bumping this after Houstons blow out tonight.

I would do Rozier + Hayward for CP3. It would suck in year 4 of his deal, but I still think CP3 will be better than Hayward atleast the next 2 seasons.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,370

Post#444 » by K For Three » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:59 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Pro’s:

Con’s:

I would do Rozier + Hayward for CP3. It would suck in year 4 of his deal, but I still think CP3 will be better than Hayward atleast the next 2 seasons.

Sigh, don't get me sucked into that idea again. I was into it a few weeks ago or so with the Hayward rumors with that Houston insider thingie.

The thought of CP3 being the primary ball handler and Kyrie doing his thing at the same time is really sexy to me. :noway: Would they start together?

I would be all over this but I have to pretend not to be all over this to look sane.

Houston is really looking like garbage though.

edit: Talk about an upgrade over Rozier though with CP3 being added in. :cry:
And talk about the offensive potential with CP3 added to the roster. *walks way*
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#445 » by SmartWentCrazy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:10 am

Kyrie For Three wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Pro’s:

Con’s:

Sigh, don't get me sucked into that idea again. I was into it a few weeks ago or so with the Hayward rumors with that Houston insider thingie.

The thought of CP3 being the primary ball handler and Kyrie doing his thing at the same time is really sexy to me. :noway: Would they start together?

I would be all over this but I have to pretend not to be all over this to look sane.

And talk about the offensive potential with CP3 added to the roster. *walks way*

This sums up my feelings pretty well. It has to improve our offense and it cant hurt our defense. Id start CP3/Kyrie/Tatum/Jaylen/Horford, which fits better than the lineup with Hayward IMO.

Houston signed CP3 to trade him, IMO— it feels like a Blake Griffin situation to me.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,370

Post#446 » by K For Three » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:28 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Kyrie For Three wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

This sums up my feelings pretty well. It has to improve our offense and it cant hurt our defense. Id start CP3/Kyrie/Tatum/Jaylen/Horford, which fits better than the lineup with Hayward IMO.

Houston signed CP3 to trade him, IMO— it feels like a Blake Griffin situation to me.

Probably won't happen for us, but I think the Lakers might have interest due to Lebron.

On a side note, if CP3 becomes available or Lebron begs for him (hell he wanted to swap Kyrie for him once) then that might ease the AD to the Lakers stuff a bit more until the summer when Boston can jump in with a better offer.

CP3 at his age is still better then Lonzo Ball and Rondo. And I know Lonzo does have some potential, but nobody can ever sell me that this kid is the real deal. Lebron also said Lonzo is destined for greatness, he's such a liar. Lebron has been selling the idea Lonzo is that great to trade him later IMO. Lebron likes dudes around him who can score points and take the final shot at times even.
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 10,894

Post#447 » by CelticsPride18 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:29 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Kyrie For Three wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

CP3 is a beast but his hamstrings always give up in the playoffs.
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 9,981

Post#448 » by fallguy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:45 am

CelticsPride18 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Kyrie For Three wrote:

CP3 is a beast but his hamstrings always give up in the playoffs.

Not even a little interested in CP3 at this point in his career on that contract.
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,275

Post#449 » by Marvel » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:11 am

Hell to the **** NO to CP.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,059

Post#450 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:59 am

Hayward will be better than CP3 next season. Give the man some time..it's been like 2 months since he resumed 5 on 5..gee.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,902

Post#451 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:32 am

Marvel wrote:Hell to the **** NO to CP.

Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,902

Post#452 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:33 am

I'm still interested in Beal for Brown/Rozier/filler/pick, wonder if Wizards will ride this out or trade everyone if they aren't a playoff team by January-February.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
CelticsLV
Head Coach
And1: 6,662

Post#453 » by CelticsLV » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:00 am

FlatearthZorro wrote:I'm still interested in Beal for Brown/Rozier/filler/pick, wonder if Wizards will ride this out or trade everyone if they aren't a playoff team by January-February.

Who's gonna be that filler? You know Beal has 25.4M salary? You need to send back roughly 20M to match salary for Beal.
Silky
Junior
And1: 144

Post#454 » by Silky » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:54 pm

Hayward, Rozier, Ryan Anderson to Washington
Wall to Phoenix
Beal and Okobo to Boston.

Washington sheds longterm salary, maintains competitiveness
Phoenix adds star power PG
Boston gets cheaper and younger at the wing.

Boston saves assets to take a run at Davis still, if that falls through have loads of assets to make a trade back for Hayward once he is fully healthy again.

Irving/Wannamaker/Okobo
Beal/Smart/Bird
Brown/Morris/Semi
Tatum/Theis/Yabs
Horford/Baynes/Williams
Silky
Junior

Post#455 » by Silky » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:08 pm

Another thought I had:

NOP in:
Porter, Satoransky

Adds alot of salary, but adds wing shooting to pair off of Davis and Holiday

Holiday
Satoransky
Porter
Mirotic
Davis

Washington in:
Hayward, Hill, Johnson, Moore

Saves long term salary, allows to make a contract offer to Cousins, lose some games this year for a good pick while Haywards get healthy again.

Wall
Moore
Hayward
Morris
Cousins (2019)

Boston in:
Beal

Bostons saves 6 mill in salary (could potentially resign Morris now in offseason at 11 mill per season and not be into lux tax) and gets a younger more athletic version of a healthy Gordon Hayward on the wing. save all other trade assets for run at Davis in offseason. (Rozier S&T, Brown, 4 picks in 2019 draft, Williams)

IRving/Terry/Wannamaker
Beal/Smart/Bird
Brown/Morris/Semi
Tatum/Theis/Yabusele
Hayward/Baynes/Williams

Irving/Wannamaker/Vet pg...LArkin?
Beal/Smart/Bird
Tatum/Morris/Semi
Horford/Theis/Yabusele
Davis/Baynes/Vet
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#456 » by cloverleaf » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:51 pm

Silky wrote:Hayward, Rozier, Ryan Anderson to Washington
Wall to Phoenix

Boston saves assets to take a run at Davis still, if that falls through have loads of assets to make a trade back for Hayward once he is fully healthy again.

Irving/Wannamaker/Okobo
Beal/Smart/Bird
Brown/Morris/Semi
Tatum/Theis/Yabs
Horford/Baynes/Williams

Why does Washington want to maintain competitiveness? I thought they were angling to tank?
Silky
Junior

Post#457 » by Silky » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:59 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
Silky wrote:Hayward, Rozier, Ryan Anderson to Washington
Wall to Phoenix

Irving/Wannamaker/Okobo
Beal/Smart/Bird
Brown/Morris/Semi
Tatum/Theis/Yabs
Horford/Baynes/Williams

Why does Washington want to maintain competitiveness? I thought they were angling to tank?

um...competetiveness to tank? :)

They are going to be like the raptors when they traded Gay, a trade is going to make them better by subtraction
FutureIsGreen
Junior
And1: 236

Post#458 » by FutureIsGreen » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:10 am

jmr07019 wrote:
FutureIsGreen wrote:Find it hilarious yall keep putting Hayward in deals. You're watching way too much ESPN. Kyrie and Hayward are here to stay.

Hayward for sure because no one is taking on his deal.

And you just don't do a player dirty like that after signing and suffering an injury. We are a classier organization than that. Stevens wanted him here long ago. They will be here for years to come.
Jakeopp
General Manager
And1: 9,967

Post#459 » by Jakeopp » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:48 am

FutureIsGreen wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:
FutureIsGreen wrote:Find it hilarious yall keep putting Hayward in deals. You're watching way too much ESPN. Kyrie and Hayward are here to stay.

And you just don't do a player dirty like that after signing and suffering an injury. We are a classier organization than that. Stevens wanted him here long ago. They will be here for years to come.

Things can change, especially when you and your team are failing to live up to expectations. I'd be suprised if he was moved this year, but I'm not ready to say he'll be here "for years to come."

This team and Hayward likely improve from this mediocre start, but if we continue this mediocre play throughout the year, Danny isn't just going to sit around like everything is fine.

On the other hand, no one wants Hayward's current contract. We keep him if he returns to form, and we're stuck with him if he doesn't return to form.
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,657

Post#460 » by NuckyPowell » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:55 am

Jakeopp wrote:
FutureIsGreen wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:

Things can change, especially when you and your team are failing to live up to expectations. I'd be suprised if he was moved this year, but I'm not ready to say he'll be here "for years to come."

This team and Hayward likely improve from this mediocre start, but if we continue this mediocre play throughout the year, Danny isn't just going to sit around like everything is fine.

On the other hand, no one wants Hayward's current contract. We keep him if he returns to form, and we're stuck with him if he doesn't return to form.

Hayward may be traded before his contract is up, but it won't be this year. He'll be afforded every opportunity to come back strong this year. Agree with FutureIsGreen, we will not do him that way. If he's not back to himself midway through next season, he could be traded. By then he will have had ample time to come back from his injury. Now, though, no way. That's how I see it with him, anyway. It'd be an extraordinarily bad look for Ainge to try to trade him this year, and I don't think Ainge would recover from it. No major free agent would sign here until Ainge is gone if he did that, imo. Hell, Stevens would probably jump ship if Ainge did that.

Return to Boston Celtics