ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (3.0), 2018-19 (Non-Celtics Talk)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Re: Around the NBA (3.0), 2018-19 (Non-Celtics Talk) 

Post#81 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:00 am

exculpatory wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
exculpatory wrote:Question for Cave?

How certain are you Kawhi is going to the Clippers? Percentage?

He is a **** monster.

He’s told me who one of his sources was before. He’s hinted this is the same source thats telling him this information.

If it is, take Cave’s word as the 100% truth.

TY.

Excellent.

I need it to be the truth haha.

Simmons and Embiid have potential. Some say Embiid may already be there.

But none of these guys are on Kawhi's level and he's only 26.

Maybe I should feel the same way about the Greek Freak since they're dominating the league but he still can't hit the 3 and I feel that at least gives you a THEORETICAL path to victory against him.

Kawhi is looking like he's in that LeBron, Durant tier. Or well, working his way back to fully operational and back in that tier.

I really don't want to see that for the next 10 years in a Raptors jersey.
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,306

Post#82 » by Tyakack » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:00 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Man, I don't want the Raps to win, but **** Kevin Durant. Guy is so good but he muted his own greatness for easy championships.

I don't mind Toronto winning. They can win 78 games..nobody really cares about them and everybody knows how things end for them every year..won't be any different this season.

I wouldn't compare any of those other years with this one. Kawhi wasn't there. That alone makes this team non comparable to any past toronto teams.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,161

Post#83 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:02 am

PierceFan4ever wrote:Klay Thompson and Iggy should be slapped for their garbage game today. Durant got zero help

Idk how Cousins will look, but this is easily the worst supporting cast GS has had in about 4 years. Iggy is cooked..the rest are just flat out trash. Curry and KD are going to have to go balls to the wall this year in the playoffs.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,402

Post#84 » by K For Three » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:02 am

Just saw this gem of a post by a Bucks fan on the GB.

What logic do you need, us and Raptors had BY far the hardest schedule and we both beat the Warriors and other top teams in west.

When west doing the top heavy everyone calls out the east being trash, the troles have revered this year and the EAST is clearly better conference

Jesus, I am actually seeing Raptors/Bucks fans joining forces a bit to prove their worth over there now. :crazy:
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,436

Post#85 » by PierceFan4ever » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:05 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:Klay Thompson and Iggy should be slapped for their garbage game today. Durant got zero help

Idk how Cousins will look, but this is easily the worst supporting cast GS has had in about 4 years. Iggy is cooked..the rest are just flat out trash. Curry and KD are going to have to go balls to the wall this year in the playoffs.

Klay Thompson has like the easiest job. He rarely even dribbles. All he needs to get ready for is a catch and shoot threes which are open half the time but couldn’t even make 1 in the 4th quarter and overtime when golden state needed him most.

Agreed that Durant and Curry need to do the heavy lifting and are more than capable offensively. All they need is some contribution from Klay and the rest.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM

Post#86 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:08 am

Tyakack wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Man, I don't want the Raps to win, but **** Kevin Durant. Guy is so good but he muted his own greatness for easy championships.

I don't mind Toronto winning. They can win 78 games..nobody really cares about them and everybody knows how things end for them every year..won't be any different this season.

I wouldn't compare any of those other years with this one. Kawhi wasn't there. That alone makes this team non comparable to any past toronto teams.

Kawhi or no Kawhi..it's the same story. The rest of the chokers are still all there. Results will be similar. This is a team that plays at 100% of it's talent and effort level during the regular season. They are intense. But that's it..They don't have an extra gear in the playoffs where every other serious contender does.
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#87 » by Edug27 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:12 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Kyrie For Three wrote:
Edug27 wrote:
Lol. All jokes aside though, the Dubs without Curry would destroy us as home.

I don't believe that at all. Celtics have become underrated now actually.

They got Draymond out too though so it's not just Curry.

Watching Saints/Cowboys though instead, good game early.

So much this.

We have the 9th best net rating in the league, with a firmly positive point differential. People keep equating us with Houston and Utah, but both have substantially negative point differentials [significantly worse than our own].

Were a good team that has underperformed relative to expectations. But were still a good team, unlike Houston or Utah.

Not debating that. All I said was Dubs would beat us up without Curry.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM

Post#88 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:15 am

Edug27 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Kyrie For Three wrote:
I don't believe that at all. Celtics have become underrated now actually.

They got Draymond out too though so it's not just Curry.

Watching Saints/Cowboys though instead, good game early.

So much this.

We have the 9th best net rating in the league, with a firmly positive point differential. People keep equating us with Houston and Utah, but both have substantially negative point differentials [significantly worse than our own].

Were a good team that has underperformed relative to expectations. But were still a good team, unlike Houston or Utah.

Not debating that. All I said was Dubs would beat us up without Curry.

They wouldn't though. Not even close.
denmuscles
Pro Prospect
And1: 620

Post#89 » by denmuscles » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:37 am

Toronto is for real this year. So are the Bucks. We don’t have fire power to compete with these power houses
denmuscles
Pro Prospect
And1: 620

Post#90 » by denmuscles » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:38 am

celticfan42487 wrote:Raps team came out agains the current dynasty. Saw it was weakened. Had it's superstar stomp thrown them on the ground and stomp on the their throats.

Not sure much can be said other than it's impressive and it's what we wish our team would do on a regular basis.

Good for them I guess. Siakam is the prince that was promised.

Only problem is we don’t have a true mvp superstar
Jakeopp
General Manager
And1: 9,983

Post#91 » by Jakeopp » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:43 am

Warriors are trash without Curry and Green. KD is incredible obviously, and Klay is great as a 3&D guy, but without Green and Curry their lack of depth really shows.

Although they'll be as unstoppable as ever if/when they get a lineup of Curry/Thompson/KD/Green/Cousins on the floor. It won't matter who the bench is at that point. It hasn't even mattered who the 5th starter is the last few years, Boogie can't be worse than Zaza or Javale "Shaqtin' a Fool MVP" McGee.
NYCelticsfan136
Veteran
And1: 1,687

Post#92 » by NYCelticsfan136 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:49 am

Raptors have that spunk and toughness. Celtics should be embarrassed everytime they watch these other teams.
NYCelticsfan136
Veteran
And1: 1,687

Post#93 » by NYCelticsfan136 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:50 am

denmuscles wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:Raps team came out agains the current dynasty. Saw it was weakened. Had it's superstar stomp thrown them on the ground and stomp on the their throats.

Not sure much can be said other than it's impressive and it's what we wish our team would do on a regular basis.

Good for them I guess. Siakam is the prince that was promised.

Only problem is we don’t have a true mvp superstar

The problem is that these young guys haven’t taken that step. They’re inconsistent and have regressed.
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,356

Post#94 » by D.Brasco » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:15 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:

No LeBron in the east and Kawhi Leonard for Demar. Totally different scenario to years past.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#95 » by djsunyc » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:28 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Tyakack wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:

Kawhi or no Kawhi..it's the same story. The rest of the chokers are still all there. Results will be similar. This is a team that plays at 100% of it's talent and effort level during the regular season. They are intense. But that's it..They don't have an extra gear in the playoffs where every other serious contender does.

just a reminder - the raptors are 4-0 in the playoffs the last 3 seasons against non-lebron teams. the issue is that lebron owns them mentally. but they've won every other series they should've. and they beat both the bucks and wiz in game 6's on the road. brackets work out different and they are ecf's 3 years in a row.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#96 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:12 am

djsunyc wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Tyakack wrote:

just a reminder - the raptors are 4-0 in the playoffs the last 3 seasons against non-lebron teams. the issue is that lebron owns them mentally. but they've won every other series they should've. and they beat both the bucks and wiz in game 6's on the road. brackets work out different and they are ecf's 3 years in a row.

My reaction every year when the Raptors fanbase insists that THIS season shall be different from last season.

Silky
Junior
And1: 144

Post#97 » by Silky » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:17 am

So.

If Durant says he wants out, which imo would stop that cupcake stuff especially if he managed to beat hs in the finals, would you trade hayward and something for durant?

Sent from my LG-H831 using RealGM mobile app
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#98 » by djsunyc » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:16 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:

My reaction every year when the Raptors fanbase insists that THIS season shall be different from last season.

but what does "different" mean? that's the point right? will we lose to lebron, not this year. other than that, one of 4 teams can come out of the east. it will come down to who's playing best in april/may/june - matchups, midseason roster moves and health.
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,306

Post#99 » by Tyakack » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:38 pm

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Tyakack wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:

That remains to be seen. The Kawhi story is incomplete so to say its the same when its not even over yet is being dishonest. There are two huge differences between this year and past years. One is kawhi and the other is no lebron. The raps lost to lebron just like every other team in the east did the past 8 years. He owned them, but he's gone now.

Kawhi is the real deal and he is a proven star and champion. To dismiss this as a non factor or like it makes no real difference is again being disingenuous.
Theocy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,428

Post#100 » by Theocy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:43 pm

djsunyc wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

but what does "different" mean? that's the point right? will we lose to lebron, not this year. other than that, one of 4 teams can come out of the east. it will come down to who's playing best in april/may/june - matchups, midseason roster moves and health.

all these years they would assume they are different because they expected a player like de rozan to take the next step and land in the KAhway Lebron, Durant zone.

Well this year they have Kahwai hence they are very much different. Green is also a very good complimentary piece. Let's stop pretending this is the same team as last year. Leonard can ball well enough to lead a mediocre team to finals. How different is this raptors team to the Spurs he lead? Obviously no Timothy but other than that? They can do a lto of damage this year and we are obviously not at their level the way we are playing. We need Hayward to bounce back and get to that 17-20 ppg kind of player before we start contemplating getting out of the east. the way it looks now it's Raptors, Bucks at the finals us falling short in Semis.

Return to Boston Celtics