ImageImageImage

If you bet against Marcus Smart, you lost

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,696

Re: If you bet against Marcus Smart, you lost 

Post#241 » by return2glory » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:09 pm

Didn’t we hear Semi is the strongest guy on the Celtics? And it looks it. Then probably Yabusele.

What’s not to like about Smart? He plays hard, brings energy, is a glue type guy for the team. He defends, passes well, and is improving his 3 point shooting. He is also a great fit to that starting lineup where he is surrounded by scorers like Irving, Tatum, Morris and occasionally Horford.

That being said, there are a few people here that act like Smart is a 3 time all-star. Let’s not get carried away.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#242 » by cloverleaf » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:07 pm

return2glory wrote:Didn’t we hear Semi is the strongest guy on the Celtics? And it looks it. Then probably Yabusele.

What’s not to like about Smart? He plays hard, brings energy, is a glue type guy for the team. He defends, passes well, and is improving his 3 point shooting. He is also a great fit to that starting lineup where he is surrounded by scorers like Irving, Tatum, Morris and occasionally Horford.

That being said, there are a few people here that act like Smart is a 3 time all-star. Let’s not get carried away.

Are you forgetting Baynes?
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,691

Post#243 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
Hahahaha i knew this exact response was coming, thanks.

Denmuscles was wrong though, it'd be 10 out of 10.

There are very few people on the planet who are not only superior to Smart in strength, but so superior as to outweigh his extreme quickness. I'd be shocked if any of them posted here, unless Jaylen's heavyweight boxing champion Dad is here under a disguised name.
Eh, there's a lot of people in the world man. There's probably a decent amount of people in MA that can take him, or most players. These guys aren't superhumans lol

That said, I dont believe that green guy

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think Smart happens to have the body, mind and temperament to be a GREAT fighter. And he's in professional athletic shape in his sport. So I think most of the people who could beat him in a fight are comparably-sized athletes in combat sports, or else people with military training in hand-to-hand combat who are skilled at disabling otherwise superior opponents.

I.e., I think most pepole who could beat him excel in both general athleticism and relevant training.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,458

Post#244 » by Jaqua92 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:18 am

Jaqua92 wrote:
There are very few people on the planet who are not only superior to Smart in strength, but so superior as to outweigh his extreme quickness. I'd be shocked if any of them posted here, unless Jaylen's heavyweight boxing champion Dad is here under a disguised name.
Eh, there's a lot of people in the world man. There's probably a decent amount of people in MA that can take him, or most players. These guys aren't superhumans lol

That said, I dont believe that green guy

I think Smart happens to have the body, mind and temperament to be a GREAT fighter. And he's in professional athletic shape in his sport. So I think most of the people who could beat him in a fight are comparably-sized athletes in combat sports, or else people with military training in hand-to-hand combat who are skilled at disabling otherwise superior opponents.

I.e., I think most pepole who could beat him excel in both general athleticism and relevant training.
I love how this thread has slowly morphed into the same kind of format as battle Forums on comic book forums lol

djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#245 » by djFan71 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:55 am

Meh, call me crazy, and super late to the party, but what the heck, I believe Captain Green. I feel like the math has to work out to at least someone on this board being able to take Marcus. Why not him or her?
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#246 » by jmr07019 » Fri Feb 1, 2019 12:00 am

Was listening to last night's game on the radio and Grande says (paraphrasing) "Smart throws up a freeze check". You know, like a heat check, but to see if you're still ice cold. Felt this needed to be shared
Show Love Spread Love
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#247 » by 3D Chess » Fri Feb 1, 2019 4:11 pm

Zach Lowe owning up to the loss.

9. Marcus Smart, apparating
Folks within the Boston Celtics boast that it's impossible to screen Smart. That's obviously not true. What is true: If someone manages to lay the wood on him, Smart's recovery speed is ludicrous.

He is a god damned phantom -- back inside your jersey before you've even processed that you are open.

Smart has been a beacon amid a strange, inconsistent Boston season. He deserves a starting spot that seemed temporary when he got it. He is one of the league's half-dozen best perimeter defenders -- and one of the only ones strong enough to stone all but the beefiest post brutes.

Almost 65 percent of Smart's shots have come from deep, up from about 45 percent in each of the past three seasons. He has hit 36.5 percent on 3s. If that holds, Smart is a different player -- and a more attractive trade chip.

He's even shooting a career-best 70 percent (!) in the restricted area, a byproduct of clever cutting for more assisted buckets from Al Horford and Kyrie Irving. I was once a semi-Marcus Smart skeptic. I worried his bricky jumper would make him a liability in the playoffs. I am here to repent. I am a believer.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25895789/10-things-like-including-demarcus-cousins-nba
La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,106

Post#248 » by La Flame » Wed Feb 6, 2019 7:36 pm

Jayson Tatum - 1.6 3PM 4.3 3PA .372 3p%

Marcus Smart - 1.6 3PM 4.2 3PA .377 3P%

Cobra is crazy 8-)
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#249 » by cloverleaf » Wed Feb 6, 2019 7:42 pm

La Flame wrote:Jayson Tatum - 1.6 3PM 4.3 3PA .372 3p%

Marcus Smart - 1.6 3PM 4.2 3PA .377 3P%

Cobra is crazy 8-)

He straightened out both his shot and his shot selection. But not until he had moved beyond his rookie contract, despite having played 30 minutes a game for years.

Hard to imagine that TRo might not make a similar jump, particularly if he's a regular starter somewhere, next year.

Terry as a starter this year - 2.4 3PM 5.9 3PA .415 3P%
Terry as a starter last year - 2.8 3PM 7.1 3PA .389 3P%
3D Chess
Lead Assistant

Post#250 » by 3D Chess » Fri Feb 8, 2019 8:11 pm

Read on Twitter
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#251 » by Feed Your Head » Fri Feb 8, 2019 8:21 pm

3D Chess wrote:
Read on Twitter

That is one of the more incredible stats I've seen.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant

Post#252 » by 3D Chess » Fri Feb 8, 2019 8:31 pm

The Comedian wrote:
3D Chess wrote:
Read on Twitter

That is one of the more incredible stats I've seen.

Read on Twitter
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#253 » by cloverleaf » Fri Feb 8, 2019 10:29 pm

Those stats are crazy.
Big Joke Line
Sixth Man
And1: 1,692

Post#254 » by Big Joke Line » Fri Feb 8, 2019 11:47 pm

That is impressive no matter how you slice it but I also think stats like this need context. Are they talking those are 22 post ups? Or does that include switches, etc on the perimeter.
Hey Man, nice shot!
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Post#255 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Feb 9, 2019 12:01 am

Smart hater somewhere, probably: "That's gotta be a typo. He guarded 9 possessions against centers and they scored 133 points on him!"
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,666

Post#256 » by Green89 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 6:28 pm

I've definitely noticed that when centers get the ball and he is gets up on them to defend, they think twice about trying to post him up. I think he can get them to pass it based on his reputation for being able to guard centers in the past.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,691

Post#257 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:24 pm

I'd say Smart does not want to be traded.

Read on Twitter
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#258 » by captain green » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:36 pm

djFan71 wrote:Meh, call me crazy, and super late to the party, but what the heck, I believe Captain Green. I feel like the math has to work out to at least someone on this board being able to take Marcus. Why not him or her?

appreciate it but the debate is over I couldn't beat him now I slipped and broke my hip and hand on the ice. And my age 40+ doubt I recover well enough to play a basketball game let alone pivot and duck for fighting. So alas I can't beat him.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
peachbucket
Sixth Man
And1: 659

Post#259 » by peachbucket » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:04 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:I'd say Smart does not want to be traded.

Read on Twitter

He's not going anywhere...
Big Joke Line
Sixth Man
And1: 1,692

Post#260 » by Big Joke Line » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:48 am

captain green wrote:
djFan71 wrote:Meh, call me crazy, and super late to the party, but what the heck, I believe Captain Green. I feel like the math has to work out to at least someone on this board being able to take Marcus. Why not him or her?

appreciate it but the debate is over I couldn't beat him now I slipped and broke my hip and hand on the ice. And my age 40+ doubt I recover well enough to play a basketball game let alone pivot and duck for fighting. So alas I can't beat him.

Damn man sorry to hear that. As another 6’7” guy who has slipped and fallen on the ice I know it’s a long way to go. As another early 40 something who pulled both hammies and a groin at the same time water skiing last year I know how much harder it is to come back.
Hey Man, nice shot!

Return to Boston Celtics