ImageImageImage

OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Pacino62
Analyst
And1: 2,436

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#701 » by Pacino62 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:15 pm

Kemba For Three wrote:At least Brad Pitt is likely to win the best supporting actor Oscar. I saw "once upon a time in Hollywood" in the theater in the summer and the ending was insane with a large group of people. :lol:

Can every man on the planet please look like Brad Pitt at his age? OMG, he has aged so damn well. Kinda like Tom Brady.

My word he’s a smoke show :lol: That scene at the ranch. What a bad ass!
“All due respect and I’m generally curious but who tf is cousin steez” ~ MagicBagley18

"i see celtics fans here are nothing but a s s holes so good bye not going to waste my time with you lowlifes." ~ HornetsFan29
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,883

Post#702 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:10 pm

Watched Cheer and Pandemic on Netflix at the same time. Vaccinate to avoid ankle sprains and rib contusions!
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#703 » by sam_I_am » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:32 am

Ed Pinkney wrote:
Pacino62 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
I can and I do but I’ll tell you there are certain things that are hard to get past

I don’t see a middle ground in the argument but that’s just me. There isn’t too much worse you can do than Polanski. If you can watch a film made by someone who drugged and raped a 13 year old, you’ve gotten past combining the art with the artist imo. It’s hard to get much more detestable than that.

Either way. It’s an interesting conversation topic. I’ve seen and understood people’s views on both sides of the fence.

I don’t think I could watch his movies anymore, but he is also a slightly different situation as he is behind the camera so there is no in your face reminder. What about when you see the Miramax logo?

I watched The Usual Suspects again a few months ago (one of my all time favourites) and it was hard to watch because of Spacey, and to be honest it would be hard to watch again.

I agree on Polanski but Usual Suspects is on my eternal watch list .... scruples be damned!
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,577

Post#704 » by KGtabake » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:50 pm

Watched Red Sparrow last night. I like Lawrence and Edgerton is always good but the movie was way too complicated for no reason in the end.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
5InOfLouisville
Senior
And1: 818

Post#705 » by 5InOfLouisville » Wed Feb 5, 2020 12:55 pm

Pacino62 wrote:
KGtabake wrote:Watched Polanski's J' Accuse last night.
Great cinematography, his best movie in years.

Reminds me of a question that I like to ask. Can you separate the art from the artist? Based on your post, you can. As can I. I’ll have to check this out.

Curious what others have to say.

I still love the Cosby Show. I quit watching it for like 6 months after the initial charges came to the surface, but I've justified it, right or wrong.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but unlike a Polanski, he is actually paying for his crimes. Of course, this reads a lot like more justification from me, and it probably is.

I don't know if there is a right answer. But my sense of humor generally appreciates the profane, so I respect when I can crack up at a family-friendly endeavor.
KGboss wrote:Brown doesnt need you to clean his jock strap for him

Captain_Caveman wrote:You are perfectly welcome to never read or respond to my posts ever again. I don't find you particularly knowledgeable or insightful from anything I have read to date.

:cry:
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#706 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Feb 7, 2020 10:09 am

Locke & Key has arrived! Hope the series does the graphic novels justice.
Pacino62
Analyst
And1: 2,436

Post#707 » by Pacino62 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 7:05 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Locke & Key has arrived! Hope the series does the graphic novels justice.

Man. I can’t wait. Cautiously optimistic. Starting it up tomorrow morning
“All due respect and I’m generally curious but who tf is cousin steez” ~ MagicBagley18

"i see celtics fans here are nothing but a s s holes so good bye not going to waste my time with you lowlifes." ~ HornetsFan29
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#708 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Feb 7, 2020 7:10 pm

Locke & key this weekend and also mcbillions documentary on hbo pretty good so far
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,932

Post#709 » by SuperDeluxe » Sat Feb 8, 2020 12:34 am

Three acts on my regular music rotation dropped albums today.

Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,702

Post#710 » by Tatumfor2 » Sat Feb 8, 2020 11:23 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Locke & Key has arrived! Hope the series does the graphic novels justice.

I've enjoyed it so far. I've never read the graphic novels though, so I had no expectations.
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,030

Post#711 » by exculpatory » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:07 pm

SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#712 » by jmr07019 » Sun Feb 9, 2020 7:40 pm

The show “you” on Netflix. Holy **** is this show good. Best thing I’ever watched in a bit. Gonna watch the season 1 finale and then it’s game time!
Show Love Spread Love
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#713 » by MagicBagley18 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:44 am

jmr07019 wrote:The show “you” on Netflix. Holy **** is this show good. Best thing I’ever watched in a bit. Gonna watch the season 1 finale and then it’s game time!

My gf got me watching it...I started out like whatever make her happy and then it ended up being enjoyable. Over the top but for a show she picked we can do much worse. Guy is such a creep
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#714 » by truth18 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:46 am

YOU LOSE
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#715 » by MagicBagley18 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:40 pm

truth18 wrote:Image

https://open.spotify.com/track/3n6P0h31gpTBbKHqqCF1TN'

We comin...

Spoiler:
Peace, Connecticut.

Peace,Connecticut? u down my way?
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,691

Post#716 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:27 am

5InOfLouisville wrote:
Pacino62 wrote:
KGtabake wrote:Watched Polanski's J' Accuse last night.
Great cinematography, his best movie in years.

Reminds me of a question that I like to ask. Can you separate the art from the artist? Based on your post, you can. As can I. I’ll have to check this out.

Curious what others have to say.

I still love the Cosby Show. I quit watching it for like 6 months after the initial charges came to the surface, but I've justified it, right or wrong.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but unlike a Polanski, he is actually paying for his crimes. Of course, this reads a lot like more justification from me, and it probably is.

I don't know if there is a right answer. But my sense of humor generally appreciates the profane, so I respect when I can crack up at a family-friendly endeavor.

I don't have a lot of problem with bad people in the performing arts -- so long as they aren't playing "themselves" or otherwise glorifying awful points of view. This leaves me in the odd position of having Woody Allen be pretty much the only film creator I personally blackball. In an extreme example of this principle, I'm massively fond of Carmina Burana, because it was the piece for by far the best choral (or any other musical) performances I evey participated in. When I learned that the composer had dedicated it to Adolf Hitler, that didn't particularly bother me, because it would be a great stretch to say that embodies Nazi ideology. (The opening lyrics of Carmina Burana say that luck controls everything; the most famous Nazi propaganda film is "Triumph of the Will".)
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#717 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:41 am

And since I just put this rather hilarious song in another thread, let's post it here too, in a slightly different live-performance version:

Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#718 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:44 am

sam_I_am wrote:If you are a fan of the books....The Witcher is everything you could hope for and more. As a huge fan of GOT books.....I thought HBO did a really good job. I think people who have never read the books of either series would probably like GOT more....but Netflix was 100% faithful to books and video games and did an even better job of bringing the series to life... The show is based on the early collection of short stories ....when they get to the novels which are so much better.... it is going to be so good. I can’t believe I have to wait a year for season 2.

My wife liked that series well enough to buy the game.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,577

Post#719 » by KGtabake » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:57 am

1917 was amazing. The scene in the city ruins is probably the best scene i can think of in the past few years.
Sam Mendes is A+.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#720 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:07 pm

Read on Twitter

I've seen about half. Great list.

Return to Boston Celtics