ImageImageImage

OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2

Moderators: sully00, djFan71, ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

User avatar
The Comedian
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 8,471
And1: 20,924
Joined: Jun 25, 2006
       

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1041 » by The Comedian » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:54 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
The Comedian wrote:Teenage bounty hunters is super fun. The leads are great, especially the one who plays Blair.

Lovecraft Country is the ****.


Teenage Bounty Hunters scared me. Seemed dumb. But I suppose, it can't be worse than The Order, which I am into. But yeah, LC is just balls!


It is dumb, but it knows it. It is silly, over the top fun. The two leads are legitimately really good though, as is Kadeem Hardison.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
Posts: 21,355
And1: 27,517
Joined: Jun 25, 2007
       

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1042 » by Captain_Caveman » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:04 am




Might be my two favorite songs of all-time.
bucknersrevenge
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,904
And1: 5,627
Joined: Jul 05, 2012
Location: Philly
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1043 » by bucknersrevenge » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:29 pm

Boston native no less

Read on Twitter
?s=20
I am the self-appointed RealGM President of the Tacko Fall fan club. We go big or we go home!! Bold moves require BOLD PREDICTIONS baby!!! Tacko WILL pass TimeLord on the depth chart by the end of next season. You heard it here first!
bucknersrevenge
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,904
And1: 5,627
Joined: Jul 05, 2012
Location: Philly
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1044 » by bucknersrevenge » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:53 am

This year, man...how much more can it possibly take from us? That's a real question. What next? I'm ruling out nothing.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
I am the self-appointed RealGM President of the Tacko Fall fan club. We go big or we go home!! Bold moves require BOLD PREDICTIONS baby!!! Tacko WILL pass TimeLord on the depth chart by the end of next season. You heard it here first!
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
General Manager
Posts: 9,692
And1: 23,487
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1045 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:31 pm

Just finished the two seasons of Cobra Kai, now doing Kingdom (the MMA one, not the Korean zombie one). Nothing spectacular or mind-blowing, but good enough to pass the time waiting for some more NBA playoffs.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,775
And1: 12,397
Joined: Feb 23, 2003
Location: Celtic Nation
   

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1046 » by SuperDeluxe » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:37 am

Romantic comedies are definitely not my thing, but I've just finished binging on Netflix's "Love." I thought Judd Apatow was only capable of sophomoric humour, but I was wrong. Holy crap, what a refreshing surprise this series was.

EDIT: I had forgotten than Apatow was also behind "Freaks and Geeks," another brilliant show.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
Posts: 21,355
And1: 27,517
Joined: Jun 25, 2007
       

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1047 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Sep 7, 2020 5:58 am

London2Boston
General Manager
Posts: 7,682
And1: 9,679
Joined: Apr 14, 2014
     

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1048 » by London2Boston » Mon Sep 7, 2020 5:10 pm

Gonna start Season 2 of The Boys before bed tonight. Hopefully Celtics don’t give me a reason to start it earlier than expected.
User avatar
The Comedian
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 8,471
And1: 20,924
Joined: Jun 25, 2006
       

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1049 » by The Comedian » Tue Sep 8, 2020 10:16 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:Romantic comedies are definitely not my thing, but I've just finished binging on Netflix's "Love." I thought Judd Apatow was only capable of sophomoric humour, but I was wrong. Holy crap, what a refreshing surprise this series was.

EDIT: I had forgotten than Apatow was also behind "Freaks and Geeks," another brilliant show.


Gillian Jacobs is perfect in it.

Also, the first three episodes of season two of The Boys are dynamite. The last few minutes of the third episode are brilliant tv, across the board.
MagicBagley18
Head Coach
Posts: 6,748
And1: 8,224
Joined: Feb 15, 2019
   

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1050 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 10:40 pm

Tenet was wild....need to see it again to really make sure i knew wtf was going on like I thought I did
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,775
And1: 12,397
Joined: Feb 23, 2003
Location: Celtic Nation
   

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1051 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Sep 8, 2020 10:43 pm

The Comedian wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:Romantic comedies are definitely not my thing, but I've just finished binging on Netflix's "Love." I thought Judd Apatow was only capable of sophomoric humour, but I was wrong. Holy crap, what a refreshing surprise this series was.

EDIT: I had forgotten than Apatow was also behind "Freaks and Geeks," another brilliant show.


Gillian Jacobs is perfect in it.

She really is, which caught me by surprise. In terms of acting, I thought she was the weakest link in "Community" (though she was the hottest by a mile).
User avatar
3D Chess
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,349
And1: 7,729
Joined: Mar 17, 2017
Location: Brooklyn
 

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1052 » by 3D Chess » Tue Sep 8, 2020 10:46 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:She really is, which caught me by surprise. In terms of acting, I thought she was the weakest link in "Community" (though she was the hottest by a mile).

That could be a controversial stance around these parts...
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 30,727
And1: 59,137
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1053 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Sep 8, 2020 10:54 pm

3D Chess wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:She really is, which caught me by surprise. In terms of acting, I thought she was the weakest link in "Community" (though she was the hottest by a mile).

That could be a controversial stance around these parts...

Image
bucknersrevenge
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,904
And1: 5,627
Joined: Jul 05, 2012
Location: Philly
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1054 » by bucknersrevenge » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:03 am

Just got back from Tenet

Image
I am the self-appointed RealGM President of the Tacko Fall fan club. We go big or we go home!! Bold moves require BOLD PREDICTIONS baby!!! Tacko WILL pass TimeLord on the depth chart by the end of next season. You heard it here first!
MagicBagley18
Head Coach
Posts: 6,748
And1: 8,224
Joined: Feb 15, 2019
   

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1055 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:07 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:Just got back from Tenet

Image



Needs 2 watches minimum....I felt like I knew what was going on for most of the film but then it took a turn on me where it just became hard to fully understand without another watch. When I say fully understand I mean just the order and the whys - it’s easy enough to know whose the antagonist/protagonist and who to root for
bucknersrevenge
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,904
And1: 5,627
Joined: Jul 05, 2012
Location: Philly
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1056 » by bucknersrevenge » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:12 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:Just got back from Tenet

Image



Needs 2 watches minimum....I felt like I knew what was going on for most of the film but then it took a turn on me where it just became hard to fully understand without another watch. When I say fully understand I mean just the order and the whys - it’s easy enough to know whose the antagonist/protagonist and who to root for


Have you seen Memento? I feel like Memento is like required viewing before seeing this. This is like Memento but turned up to like 35. One of the other critiques surrounding this film I did also find real was the Sound Mix. Whoever did that fell asleep on their job. It could've done with the volume turned down a bit at times. Yeah I got the gist and for a while I was right with it. But once they inverted, my head exploded.
I am the self-appointed RealGM President of the Tacko Fall fan club. We go big or we go home!! Bold moves require BOLD PREDICTIONS baby!!! Tacko WILL pass TimeLord on the depth chart by the end of next season. You heard it here first!
MagicBagley18
Head Coach
Posts: 6,748
And1: 8,224
Joined: Feb 15, 2019
   

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1057 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:35 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:Just got back from Tenet

Image



Needs 2 watches minimum....I felt like I knew what was going on for most of the film but then it took a turn on me where it just became hard to fully understand without another watch. When I say fully understand I mean just the order and the whys - it’s easy enough to know whose the antagonist/protagonist and who to root for


Have you seen Memento? I feel like Memento is like required viewing before seeing this. This is like Memento but turned up to like 35. One of the other critiques surrounding this film I did also find real was the Sound Mix. Whoever did that fell asleep on their job. It could've done with the volume turned down a bit at times. Yeah I got the gist and for a while I was right with it. But once they inverted, my head exploded.


Oh ya memento is a classic. Man I’m glad you brought that up- I thought this movie was superrrrrrr loud but me and my wife just chalked it up to not being at the movies for awhile bc of quarantine. It was OD LOUD. every gun fight scene I was like no no again lol

Overall I was disappointed but it’s still a good film
User avatar
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
Posts: 13,494
And1: 6,443
Joined: May 13, 2003
Location: 17 Championship BLVD
       

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1058 » by canman1971 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:50 pm

Ryan Bingham has some pretty cool tunes. Americana Rock at it's finest.
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 30,727
And1: 59,137
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1059 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:33 pm

Maybe my favorite Netflix show. Easy re-watch for me. I'm not even a huge Gervais fan.
Read on Twitter
jmr07019
Head Coach
Posts: 6,239
And1: 4,642
Joined: Oct 29, 2009
       

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1060 » by jmr07019 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:17 am

You may never, ever come down
It took too long to get this high off the ground
Don't run, just stay awhile

Show Love Spread Love

Return to Boston Celtics