ImageImageImage

OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2

Moderators: The Comedian, Parliament10, sully00, djFan71, ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971

24istheLAW
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,170
And1: 3,952
Joined: Jul 09, 2012
     

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1001 » by 24istheLAW » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:36 pm

YouTube keeps suggesting these trash-tier videos on amateur NBA channels with titles like "Don't SLEEP on the BOSTON CELTICS!!!", or "Jayson Tatum: FUTURE STAR?", or "Whatever Happened To Johnny Flynn?"

I get that you've got to start somewhere. But the content in a lot of these wannabe YouTubers work is just so bad. Nothing of substance to add, unprofessional narration, overly long videos, bad presentation..... is it really that hard to put your work side-by-side with Coach Daniel or Thinking Basketball, and see what you should improve?

Oh, and we don't need a "What happened to" video about every single lotto pick who ever didn't have a good career. The draft is a crapshoot and sometimes lotto picks aren't good. It's not some great mystery.
threrf23
RealGM
Posts: 13,152
And1: 2,564
Joined: Mar 22, 2004
Contact:

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1002 » by threrf23 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:14 pm

Read on Twitter
Soulcatcher33
Starter
Posts: 2,480
And1: 2,669
Joined: Dec 14, 2016
 

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1003 » by Soulcatcher33 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:55 am

canman1971 wrote:"Yellowstone" with Kevin Costner is fantastic. On season 3 now after binge watching the first 2.


I watched the first couple episodes when it was originally released and it just felt really high budget but really mediocre in actual substance. Maybe I'll check it out again sometime as a lot of shows start out a bit rough.
User avatar
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
Posts: 13,398
And1: 6,253
Joined: May 13, 2003
Location: 17 Championship BLVD
       

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1004 » by canman1971 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:23 am

Soulcatcher33 wrote:
canman1971 wrote:"Yellowstone" with Kevin Costner is fantastic. On season 3 now after binge watching the first 2.


I watched the first couple episodes when it was originally released and it just felt really high budget but really mediocre in actual substance. Maybe I'll check it out again sometime as a lot of shows start out a bit rough.

Oh, it gets better.
MagicBagley18
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,961
And1: 6,992
Joined: Feb 15, 2019
   

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1005 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:20 am

Perry mason on hbo isn’t bad...started slow but I enjoy it
bucknersrevenge
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,371
And1: 4,769
Joined: Jul 05, 2012
Location: Philly
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1006 » by bucknersrevenge » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:55 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:Perry mason on hbo isn’t bad...started slow but I enjoy it


30 years ago I used to watch the original with my stepfather. Loved it then. And love Matthew Rhys is just about anything. And Andrew Howard who plays Ennis is becoming a favorite too.
There is no statute of limitation on Twitter. Remember that...
MagicBagley18
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,961
And1: 6,992
Joined: Feb 15, 2019
   

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1007 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 10:26 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:Perry mason on hbo isn’t bad...started slow but I enjoy it


30 years ago I used to watch the original with my stepfather. Loved it then. And love Matthew Rhys is just about anything. And Andrew Howard who plays Ennis is becoming a favorite too.


Yea, it’s a different take for sure but as the season progresses I think we are getting closer to the prototypical perry mason character everyone knew.

Side note, it’s produced by Robert Downey jr and his wife and originally when they bought the rights to perry mason RDJ was going to be playing him. His schedule wouldn’t allow it to be.
BostonCouchGM
Junior
Posts: 489
And1: 225
Joined: Jun 07, 2018

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1008 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:11 am

canman1971 wrote:"Yellowstone" with Kevin Costner is fantastic. On season 3 now after binge watching the first 2.


it's great. I spent the first season feeling sorry for Jaime. Why does everyone treat him like crap. Man, his sister really hates him. Then the journalist happens and I'm like "oh". Then season three comes along and I'm like "yep, he's a scumbag. Kill him!" There's some corny, over the top bits but for the most part it's hard hitting and believable.
bucknersrevenge
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,371
And1: 4,769
Joined: Jul 05, 2012
Location: Philly
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1009 » by bucknersrevenge » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:48 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:Perry mason on hbo isn’t bad...started slow but I enjoy it


30 years ago I used to watch the original with my stepfather. Loved it then. And love Matthew Rhys is just about anything. And Andrew Howard who plays Ennis is becoming a favorite too.


Yea, it’s a different take for sure but as the season progresses I think we are getting closer to the prototypical perry mason character everyone knew.

Side note, it’s produced by Robert Downey jr and his wife and originally when they bought the rights to perry mason RDJ was going to be playing him. His schedule wouldn’t allow it to be.


I did notice that RDJ was producing so that tidbit makes sense. Kinda glad it's Rhys. Feel like RDJ might've channeled too much of his Sherlock Holmes character. He was good in The Judge though as well. Duvall was the showstopper in that one though.
There is no statute of limitation on Twitter. Remember that...
MagicBagley18
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,961
And1: 6,992
Joined: Feb 15, 2019
   

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1010 » by MagicBagley18 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 8:53 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
30 years ago I used to watch the original with my stepfather. Loved it then. And love Matthew Rhys is just about anything. And Andrew Howard who plays Ennis is becoming a favorite too.


Yea, it’s a different take for sure but as the season progresses I think we are getting closer to the prototypical perry mason character everyone knew.

Side note, it’s produced by Robert Downey jr and his wife and originally when they bought the rights to perry mason RDJ was going to be playing him. His schedule wouldn’t allow it to be.


I did notice that RDJ was producing so that tidbit makes sense. Kinda glad it's Rhys. Feel like RDJ might've channeled too much of his Sherlock Holmes character. He was good in The Judge though as well. Duvall was the showstopper in that one though.


Agreed. He’d take you out of the show by his presence
sam_I_am
RealGM
Posts: 13,222
And1: 4,751
Joined: Jul 10, 2004

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1011 » by sam_I_am » Mon Aug 3, 2020 2:13 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:Just finished all 3 seasons of DARK on Netflix.

Image

My brain has turned to mush and is currently oozing out of my earholes. I will not be entertaining any questions at the moment. Thank you for understanding.


Dark season 3 after a year off was too complex for my simple brain. I wish I had had the time to re-binge thru first two seasons. I was completely lost until final episode.

Season 2 of Umbrella Academy is great so far.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,571
And1: 11,919
Joined: Feb 23, 2003
Location: Celtic Nation
   

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1012 » by SuperDeluxe » Mon Aug 3, 2020 8:47 pm

sam_I_am wrote:Dark season 3 after a year off was too complex for my simple brain. I wish I had had the time to re-binge thru first two seasons. I was completely lost until final episode.

You read my mind out loud. I had been looking forward to season 3 for a year, then was disoriented until the resolution. I'm sure I'll watch all three seasons again a couple years from now. "Dark" is so well done.
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 29,462
And1: 55,474
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1013 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Aug 3, 2020 9:11 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:Dark season 3 after a year off was too complex for my simple brain. I wish I had had the time to re-binge thru first two seasons. I was completely lost until final episode.

You read my mind out loud. I had been looking forward to season 3 for a year, then was disoriented until the resolution. I'm sure I'll watch all three seasons again a couple years from now. "Dark" is so well done.

Just to have an idea of how complex they've woven that mythology/story, just look at this "simplified" timeline of events lol:
Super spoilery: https://www.insider.com/dark-timeline-chronological-order

That's without going through the relationships of each character to one another. People who binge-watch all three seasons will definitely appreciate it more than having to wait a year for the succeeding season.
jmr07019
Head Coach
Posts: 6,185
And1: 4,572
Joined: Oct 29, 2009
       

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1014 » by jmr07019 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 2:45 am

GoCeltics123 wrote:For those who need a quarantine show and have Netflix, watch BoJack Horseman.

Just finished it, Season One is only just ok but Season two until the end is **** stellar. Super dark comedy.


Without a doubt one of my favorite shows on netflix
Show Love Spread Love
bucknersrevenge
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,371
And1: 4,769
Joined: Jul 05, 2012
Location: Philly
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1015 » by bucknersrevenge » Tue Aug 4, 2020 2:30 pm

Just finished S2 of The Umbrella Academy. Has really elevated the genre. Klaus and Allison's storylines were fantastic. Vanya's deal was the only one that I found unintriguing. Setting up for hopefully another strong S3.
There is no statute of limitation on Twitter. Remember that...
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 29,462
And1: 55,474
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1016 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Aug 4, 2020 10:17 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:Just finished S2 of The Umbrella Academy. Has really elevated the genre. Klaus and Allison's storylines were fantastic. Vanya's deal was the only one that I found unintriguing. Setting up for hopefully another strong S3.

Favorite scene from S2:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
Posts: 20,739
And1: 25,895
Joined: Jun 25, 2007
       

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1017 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Aug 7, 2020 5:37 am



People remember their ballads that were bangers for the most part, but over time I feel like we sneaky forgot how good this band was. They came out after it was all said and done, but still a top 10 rock band in UK history, which was a nearly impossible tough nut to crack at the time they did it with no fear or apologies.
themoneyteam2
Starter
Posts: 2,082
And1: 2,790
Joined: Oct 19, 2019

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1018 » by themoneyteam2 » Yesterday 2:41 am

Read on Twitter
bucknersrevenge
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,371
And1: 4,769
Joined: Jul 05, 2012
Location: Philly
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1019 » by bucknersrevenge » Yesterday 3:24 am

themoneyteam2 wrote:
Read on Twitter


Great news. Wrong thread for this. But great news nonetheless!
There is no statute of limitation on Twitter. Remember that...
themoneyteam2
Starter
Posts: 2,082
And1: 2,790
Joined: Oct 19, 2019

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1020 » by themoneyteam2 » Yesterday 3:29 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
Read on Twitter


Great news. Wrong thread for this. But great news nonetheless!


Lol have no idea why this was posted in this thread. 100% did not intend to do that hahah my bad

Return to Boston Celtics