ImageImageImage

OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2

Moderators: sully00, djFan71, ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 33,539
And1: 66,888
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1141 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:14 pm

Never thought about it before, but now that I saw it, yeah, Saul Goodman as Bruce Willis totally makes sense.

sam_I_am
RealGM
Posts: 13,444
And1: 5,112
Joined: Jul 10, 2004

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1142 » by sam_I_am » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:15 am

SMTBSI wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:Y'all should check out Octavia Butler. She was an African-American Feminist Sci-Fi Writer.
Most of her Protagonists are African-American Women.

She wrote a number of really great series of books. The Pattermaster Series (of 5 books), Xenogenesis Trilogy, Parable Series.
Though, her most acclaimed work is Kindred, ironically a solo novel.

Here's the Wikipedia link detailing her works and life. It's mostly accurate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octavia_E._Butler

She was a fantastic Writer. Unfortunately, she passed in 2006.
I don't know too many African-American Women, who wrote as well as her, in the Sci-Fi genre.


I'm actually working on the Parable of the Sower right now

Hugo, Nebula and Locus award winner? Good enough for me.

Parable of the Sower and Kindred added to the list.

Keep it coming, y'all.


If you like Sci-Fi fantasy that are Hugo/Nebula winners and written by African American woman, I have found none better than NK Jamison The Fifth Season and the other 2 in trilogy.
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 33,539
And1: 66,888
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1143 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:18 am

I imagine Froob will be pleased with this development...
Read on Twitter
User avatar
Bad-Thoma
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,565
And1: 4,880
Joined: Feb 22, 2006
Location: Still riding proud on the C's bandwagon

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1144 » by Bad-Thoma » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:55 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:I imagine Froob will be pleased with this development...
Read on Twitter


My wife and I were cheering when we saw this
User avatar
Bad-Thoma
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,565
And1: 4,880
Joined: Feb 22, 2006
Location: Still riding proud on the C's bandwagon

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1145 » by Bad-Thoma » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:51 am

Well, for you PC gamers out there I've got to say Cyberpunk 2077 was worth the wait thus far. It's kind of like the original Deus Ex and GTA 5 had a baby, pretty awesome so far.
User avatar
greenroom31
Head Coach
Posts: 6,661
And1: 8,171
Joined: Nov 06, 2004

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1146 » by greenroom31 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:39 pm

Bad-Thoma wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:I imagine Froob will be pleased with this development...
Read on Twitter


My wife and I were cheering when we saw this


+1 -- probably my favorite sitcom of all time.
MagicBagley18
General Manager
Posts: 8,998
And1: 11,269
Joined: Feb 15, 2019
   

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1147 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:50 am

Murder on middle beach on hbo...crime documentary. Not a bad watch, 4 episodes. Quick burn
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
Posts: 22,619
And1: 31,708
Joined: Jun 25, 2007
       

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1148 » by Captain_Caveman » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:06 am

Cudi threw dowwwwwwn.

Soulcatcher33
Veteran
Posts: 2,557
And1: 2,745
Joined: Dec 14, 2016
 

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1149 » by Soulcatcher33 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:19 am

Bad-Thoma wrote:Well, for you PC gamers out there I've got to say Cyberpunk 2077 was worth the wait thus far. It's kind of like the original Deus Ex and GTA 5 had a baby, pretty awesome so far.


I've heard the game is an absolute mess performance wise right now...even on PC and especially on the consoles. Considering I don't plan on getting it till it's 15-20 bucks (I still need to play Witcher 2 and 3 and a good 2 dozen games I own) when all the bugs and crap will be fixed and it will be optimized performance wise that doesn't matter to me, but a lot of people seem to be really pissed off about this.
User avatar
Bad-Thoma
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,565
And1: 4,880
Joined: Feb 22, 2006
Location: Still riding proud on the C's bandwagon

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1150 » by Bad-Thoma » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:36 am

Soulcatcher33 wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:Well, for you PC gamers out there I've got to say Cyberpunk 2077 was worth the wait thus far. It's kind of like the original Deus Ex and GTA 5 had a baby, pretty awesome so far.


I've heard the game is an absolute mess performance wise right now...even on PC and especially on the consoles. Considering I don't plan on getting it till it's 15-20 bucks (I still need to play Witcher 2 and 3 and a good 2 dozen games I own) that doesn't matter to me, but a lot of people seem to be really pissed off about this.


I'm running it on standard HD rather than 4k and it's doing ok on a rtx 2060, I'd rather be able to play in 4k but it's certainly acceptable. You sound like you approach games the way I do, steam sale central. This was a rare exception for me, been looking forward to it for a long time.

edit: it was a little rough until I updated my vid drivers, they did a release specifically to support this game
User avatar
3D Chess
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,467
And1: 8,027
Joined: Mar 17, 2017
Location: Brooklyn
 

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1151 » by 3D Chess » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:55 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:Cudi threw dowwwwwwn.


This album rules. Cool to see him back making great music.
Soulcatcher33
Veteran
Posts: 2,557
And1: 2,745
Joined: Dec 14, 2016
 

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1152 » by Soulcatcher33 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:56 am

Bad-Thoma wrote:
Soulcatcher33 wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:Well, for you PC gamers out there I've got to say Cyberpunk 2077 was worth the wait thus far. It's kind of like the original Deus Ex and GTA 5 had a baby, pretty awesome so far.


I've heard the game is an absolute mess performance wise right now...even on PC and especially on the consoles. Considering I don't plan on getting it till it's 15-20 bucks (I still need to play Witcher 2 and 3 and a good 2 dozen games I own) that doesn't matter to me, but a lot of people seem to be really pissed off about this.


I'm running it on standard HD rather than 4k and it's doing ok on a rtx 2060, I'd rather be able to play in 4k but it's certainly acceptable. You sound like you approach games the way I do, steam sale central. This was a rare exception for me, been looking forward to it for a long time.

edit: it was a little rough until I updated my vid drivers, they did a release specifically to support this game


Eh, it's really more the fact that the game just doesn't have my interest right now especially when I've still yet to play the Witcher games. I've bought a lot of games (ps4, switch, steam) over the last two years that I need to get to so unless it's a game I really want to play right away I can wait. During the sales after thanksgiving I managed to talk myself out of buying games just because they were on sale since I knew they'd just sit there like previous games have been. lol The next game that will be day 1 for me is RE 8. I played the remake of 2 last year and remake of 3 and then 7 this year and really got into them, so I'm really looking forward to Village.
User avatar
leper-con
General Manager
Posts: 7,904
And1: 3,030
Joined: Jun 26, 2003
Location: Centre Court

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1153 » by leper-con » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:00 am

Anyone watching the Boys? pretty good spin on the superhero.
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 33,539
And1: 66,888
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1154 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:29 am

The Expanse is back. Only the 1st 3 episodes of the 5th season. I might wait until they come out with all the episodes.
bucknersrevenge
Head Coach
Posts: 6,162
And1: 6,210
Joined: Jul 05, 2012
Location: Southern Maryland
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1155 » by bucknersrevenge » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:34 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:The Expanse is back. Only the 1st 3 episodes of the 5th season. I might wait until they come out with all the episodes.


NO SH*T?!?!

Love this show. Last season was a little confusing to me at times. Think I'll end up waiting a minute myself. I've been watching Titans on HBOMax. Just getting around to it finally. Decent show that could've been better if they had done a few different things and the acting wasn't so stiff at times. Then I have Big Mouth S4 as well. Soon it will be time for Cobra Kai and WandaVision. I believe they come out the same day.
I am the self-appointed RealGM President of the Tacko Fall fan club. We go big or we go home!! Bold moves require BOLD PREDICTIONS baby!!! Tacko WILL pass TimeLord on the depth chart by the end of next season. You heard it here first!
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 33,539
And1: 66,888
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1156 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:36 pm

MANDO! MANDO! MANDO!

Image

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
Soulcatcher33
Veteran
Posts: 2,557
And1: 2,745
Joined: Dec 14, 2016
 

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1157 » by Soulcatcher33 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:47 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:The Expanse is back. Only the 1st 3 episodes of the 5th season. I might wait until they come out with all the episodes.


I've heard good things about it, but I've never watched it as I want to read the novels first.
bucknersrevenge
Head Coach
Posts: 6,162
And1: 6,210
Joined: Jul 05, 2012
Location: Southern Maryland
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1158 » by bucknersrevenge » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:23 am

S2 finale of The Mandolorian is epic. So much yes.
I am the self-appointed RealGM President of the Tacko Fall fan club. We go big or we go home!! Bold moves require BOLD PREDICTIONS baby!!! Tacko WILL pass TimeLord on the depth chart by the end of next season. You heard it here first!
StojkoVrankovic
General Manager
Posts: 9,955
And1: 8,310
Joined: Nov 29, 2011
 

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1159 » by StojkoVrankovic » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:25 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:S2 finale of The Mandolorian is epic. So much yes.


script by Favreau, directed by Peyton Reed, and the score by Ludwig Goransson

for a streaming TV series
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
MagicBagley18
General Manager
Posts: 8,998
And1: 11,269
Joined: Feb 15, 2019
   

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1160 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:36 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:S2 finale of The Mandolorian is epic. So much yes.



Spoiler:
Tbh it was such a great finale and really wrapped up that storyline that I’d miss the show but would understand it being done.they could also bring it back after some of the other shows get going but really with boba being back and grogu being with Luke I think this would be the perfect ending

Return to Boston Celtics