ImageImageImage

OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2

Moderators: ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10, sully00, djFan71

User avatar
The Comedian
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 12,521
And1: 33,816
Joined: Jun 25, 2006
       

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1241 » by The Comedian » Tue Feb 2, 2021 11:59 pm

watsonthedragon
Rookie
Posts: 1,152
And1: 1,538
Joined: Jun 25, 2015
     

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1242 » by watsonthedragon » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:31 pm

Latest episode of WandaVision is awesome. Kevin Feige is killing it with the start to phase 4. Setting up some ridiculous stuff.
bucknersrevenge
Head Coach
Posts: 6,971
And1: 7,630
Joined: Jul 05, 2012
Location: Southern Maryland
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1243 » by bucknersrevenge » Sat Feb 6, 2021 8:08 pm

watsonthedragon wrote:Latest episode of WandaVision is awesome. Kevin Feige is killing it with the start to phase 4. Setting up some ridiculous stuff.


Yeah he is. Didn't expect that at the end but I suppose we should've known this was coming.
I am the RealGM President of the Tacko Fall fan club. Playa-hater, 31to6, thank you for having my back fam. I still say we haven't seen the last of Tacko.
User avatar
La Flame
Rookie
Posts: 1,080
And1: 1,565
Joined: Jun 21, 2017
 

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1244 » by La Flame » Mon Feb 8, 2021 6:32 pm

MagicBagley18
RealGM
Posts: 10,673
And1: 14,048
Joined: Feb 15, 2019
   

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1245 » by MagicBagley18 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 7:16 pm

Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,855
And1: 771
Joined: Sep 28, 2016

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1246 » by Dannyboy36 » Tue Feb 9, 2021 4:44 pm

Just got HBO MAX when it came out for Rokus. I hadn’t had HBO for years so I’m catching up on a lot . I’ve seen some like Game of Thrones / Curb your enthusiasm which I love. Been binging like a madman
Raised By Wolves season 1. Liked it a lot. I’m intrigued.
True Detective S2- found it dull.
True Detective s3- liked it. Not season 1 great for me though.
I like the fantasy genre so I’m digging “His Dark Marerials so far”.
bucknersrevenge
Head Coach
Posts: 6,971
And1: 7,630
Joined: Jul 05, 2012
Location: Southern Maryland
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1247 » by bucknersrevenge » Tue Feb 9, 2021 7:05 pm

Speaking of HBOMax, I just watched an episode of Search Party. Anyone know this show?? It was actually kinda funny in the way where you kinda love to hate each of the 4 main characters all at once.
I am the RealGM President of the Tacko Fall fan club. Playa-hater, 31to6, thank you for having my back fam. I still say we haven't seen the last of Tacko.
User avatar
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
Posts: 23,377
And1: 33,919
Joined: Jun 25, 2007
       

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1248 » by Captain_Caveman » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:48 am

User avatar
VeryMuchWoke
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,450
And1: 5,220
Joined: Dec 18, 2011
Location: Brooklyn
 

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1249 » by VeryMuchWoke » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:32 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:


Nicest Celtic on the mic? You sent me down a rabbit hole now I'm listening to Brandon Bass and Marcus Smart raps.
"Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him."
Pat Riley
User avatar
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
Posts: 23,377
And1: 33,919
Joined: Jun 25, 2007
       

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1250 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:43 am

User avatar
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
Posts: 23,377
And1: 33,919
Joined: Jun 25, 2007
       

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1251 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:44 am

User avatar
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
Posts: 23,377
And1: 33,919
Joined: Jun 25, 2007
       

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1252 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:54 am

User avatar
The Comedian
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 12,521
And1: 33,816
Joined: Jun 25, 2006
       

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1253 » by The Comedian » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:21 pm

User avatar
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
Posts: 13,320
And1: 32,387
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1254 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:31 pm

Judas and the Black Messiah (Kaluuya, LaKeith), The Little Things (Denzel, Malek, Leto), and Your Honor (Cranston, Stuhlbarg) all worth your time if you have a reasonable amount of free time. All phenomenal actors right there with fairly good material to work with.
User avatar
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,584
And1: 8,267
Joined: Mar 17, 2017
Location: Brooklyn
 

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1255 » by 3D Chess » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:13 pm

The Comedian wrote:http://radio.garden/visit/takoradi/WAaTBFlr

You’re welcome.

Wow. Very cool resource.
bucknersrevenge
Head Coach
Posts: 6,971
And1: 7,630
Joined: Jul 05, 2012
Location: Southern Maryland
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1256 » by bucknersrevenge » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:42 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:Judas and the Black Messiah (Kaluuya, LaKeith), The Little Things (Denzel, Malek, Leto), and Your Honor (Cranston, Stuhlbarg) all worth your time if you have a reasonable amount of free time. All phenomenal actors right there with fairly good material to work with.


Was thinking of checking out Your Honor. Cranston is always good. I thought the Little Things was just okay. Kinda felt like it dragged a bit in the whole middle section. Would've liked to have seen more Leto vs Denzel. Judas was phenomenal. Kaluuya has never been better in his entire career. Owned every scene he was in. Loved how they wrote and how Stansfield portrayed O'Neal. This was a hard one for me to watch but I had to see it.
I am the RealGM President of the Tacko Fall fan club. Playa-hater, 31to6, thank you for having my back fam. I still say we haven't seen the last of Tacko.
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
Posts: 13,320
And1: 32,387
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1257 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:55 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Judas and the Black Messiah (Kaluuya, LaKeith), The Little Things (Denzel, Malek, Leto), and Your Honor (Cranston, Stuhlbarg) all worth your time if you have a reasonable amount of free time. All phenomenal actors right there with fairly good material to work with.


Was thinking of checking out Your Honor. Cranston is always good. I thought the Little Things was just okay. Kinda felt like it dragged a bit in the whole middle section. Would've liked to have seen more Leto vs Denzel. Judas was phenomenal. Kaluuya has never been better in his entire career. Owned every scene he was in. Loved how they wrote and how Stansfield portrayed O'Neal. This was a hard one for me to watch but I had to see it.

The Little Things was much less focused on plot than the main characters and their internal struggles. I liked the uniqueness in that regard. It's not a typical whodunnit murder/crime mystery.

Cranston's character is less intense than Walter White but he still brings it in every scene. I just love shows where moral dilemma is central to the story.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
Posts: 10,673
And1: 14,048
Joined: Feb 15, 2019
   

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1258 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:30 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Judas and the Black Messiah (Kaluuya, LaKeith), The Little Things (Denzel, Malek, Leto), and Your Honor (Cranston, Stuhlbarg) all worth your time if you have a reasonable amount of free time. All phenomenal actors right there with fairly good material to work with.


Was thinking of checking out Your Honor. Cranston is always good. I thought the Little Things was just okay. Kinda felt like it dragged a bit in the whole middle section. Would've liked to have seen more Leto vs Denzel. Judas was phenomenal. Kaluuya has never been better in his entire career. Owned every scene he was in. Loved how they wrote and how Stansfield portrayed O'Neal. This was a hard one for me to watch but I had to see it.

The Little Things was much less focused on plot than the main characters and their internal struggles. I liked the uniqueness in that regard. It's not a typical whodunnit murder/crime mystery.

Cranston's character is less intense than Walter White but he still brings it in every scene. I just love shows where moral dilemma is central to the story.


Really liking your honor...halfway through right now. The little things just suffered from a poor script with Leto rami and Denzel carrying it as best they could. Will watch Judas this week and look forward to it.

One night in Miami I recommend also
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
Posts: 13,320
And1: 32,387
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1259 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:11 pm

How does Gary Tanguay get these gigs? He's in I Care A Lot (movie with Rosamund Pike and Dianne Wiest) after being in Knives Out. Currently watching. What an odd musical score. Kinda distracting.

EDIT: This was just okay. Love me some Peter Dinklage nonetheless.
ClayBerlin
Ballboy
Posts: 1
And1: 1
Joined: Jan 01, 2021

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1260 » by ClayBerlin » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:07 pm

The Comedian wrote:http://radio.garden/visit/takoradi/WAaTBFlr

You’re welcome.



Great link, thanks for posting.

Return to Boston Celtics