ImageImageImage

Should Kyrie play in the ASG?

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Should Kyrie play in the ASG, assuming he feels 100%?

Yes, however much he wants
33%
Yes, on a minutes restriction
17%
No
49%

Total votes: 75

jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Re: Should Kyrie play in the ASG? 

Post#21 » by jmr07019 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:42 pm

If healthy yes. If not healthy no.
Show Love Spread Love
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#22 » by 3D Chess » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:48 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:I say no, but given how bizarre this season has been and how weird Kyrie is, I fully expect him to play.

What is bizarre about a healthy all-star playing in the all-star game?
Stadium5
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,556

Post#23 » by Stadium5 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:09 pm

Kyrie strikes me as the kinda guy that looks more forward to playing with his cool kid friends in an exhibition game rather than his actual team that he should be leading
3D Chess
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by 3D Chess » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:13 pm

I would hate to be some of y'alls teammate.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#25 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:16 pm

I say, if AD plays, Kyrie needs to play. If AD's mystery fake injury keeps him out, he should sit out.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#26 » by 15th overall » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:28 pm

What an odd thing to pretend to be worked up about.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#27 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:31 pm

greenroom31 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:Hell **** no.

He's the only all-star we have on the team for sure. But there's no **** way he should play or that's a straight insult to the franchise. Just another one from mr 100 publically announced player meetings, mr 100 public complaints to the media, mr I don't owe anyone ****.

So if he had taken an injury pass a couple of days ago, would they have named a replacement? What are the chances that Tatum could/would have been that replacement? (I'm not actually sure that being an AS this year would be a good thing for Jayson, btw.)

Oh lord, I can see the headline now: "Selfish Kyrie boxes out Tatum, opts to keep all-star spot"

I know it's hard guys, but try to keep some perspective -- he has a minor knee strain. There's nothing serious here, it's like a bruise. Playing a few minutes in some half-assed game it not an issue worth discussing and if he's not healthy he'll sit.

<sits back and watches as this thread balloons to 20 pages since there's nothing else to talk about>

Yeah idk I don't care too much about that.

There's no one in the East left that really are all-stars. They'd just be fake all-stars like Siakam or something.

If it was the West maybe this would be a thing.

But to be honest I think the all-star game should be voluntary for players. They can name the all-stars and then players can opt in or not to play it until they eventually get enough players to play a game.

But it's never worth the risk or wear and tear for a player to play in it.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#28 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:36 pm

Stadium5 wrote:Kyrie strikes me as the kinda guy that looks more forward to playing with his cool kid friends in an exhibition game rather than his actual team that he should be leading

100%, and this is how the LeBron Heat and Durant Warriors teams were formed.

Just thinking you know what's fun? if we were the only team with talent on it and we never had to try in our jobs ever again. Let's do that, there's nothing anyone can do about it!
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#29 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:42 pm

3D Chess wrote:
MyInsatiableOne wrote:I say no, but given how bizarre this season has been and how weird Kyrie is, I fully expect him to play.

So healthy he couldn't play in the last 2 1/2 games? :crazy: :roll:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
amory87
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,434

Post#30 » by amory87 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:48 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:I say, if AD plays, Kyrie needs to play. If AD's mystery fake injury keeps him out, he should sit out.

I might agree if I thought Kyrie was still committed to the Celtics, but that really doesn't seem to be the case.

Even if he scores 30 points and lobs AD 10 perfect alley-oops, they may just say to each other "hey that was fun, let's do that in NY next year."

If Kyrie is confident he's 100%, I guess he should play. There's no reason to sit if you would've played a real game for the Celtics if they'd had a game instead. But I think if anyone is saying he should play to help sell the Celtics to other stars or whatever, you're kidding yourself. The Celtics / Boston are the last thing Kyrie's selling right now. Best case scenario is he just doesn't care to sell anyone right now because he's up in the air himself. Worst case he'll sell somewhere else lol
3D Chess
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by 3D Chess » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:49 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:
3D Chess wrote:

This might sound crazy, but what if, you know, injuries heal over time?
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#32 » by MyInsatiableOne » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:58 pm

3D Chess wrote:
MyInsatiableOne wrote:
3D Chess wrote:What is bizarre about a healthy all-star playing in the all-star game?

4 days? :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
3D Chess
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by 3D Chess » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:01 pm

MyInsatiableOne wrote:
3D Chess wrote:
MyInsatiableOne wrote:

4 days? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uhh, yes? He didn't break his leg.

Brad said if we had a game today (Friday) he likely would have been good to go.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#34 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:04 pm

amory87 wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:I say, if AD plays, Kyrie needs to play. If AD's mystery fake injury keeps him out, he should sit out.

I might agree if I thought Kyrie was still committed to the Celtics, but that really doesn't seem to be the case.

Even if he scores 30 points and lobs AD 10 perfect alley-oops, they may just say to each other "hey that was fun, let's do that in NY next year."

If Kyrie is confident he's 100%, I guess he should play. There's no reason to sit if you would've played a real game for the Celtics if they'd had a game instead. But I think if anyone is saying he should play to help sell the Celtics to other stars or whatever, you're kidding yourself. The Celtics / Boston are the last thing Kyrie's selling right now. Best case scenario is he just doesn't care to sell anyone right now because he's up in the air himself. Worst case he'll sell somewhere else lol

well, besides the New York media, what makes you think he's not committed to the Celtics. If he really wasn't, do you think that Danny would have told teams at the deadline not to call about Kyrie, he's not available? He got one sniff that Perk wanted 2-3m a year more than he would give, and he traded him for Jeff Green and a pick. Regardless of the fact we were competing for championships.

Don't believe the hype. Having Kyrie recruit for the Celtics is a good thing. If he really was recruiting for the Knicks instead, then it really doesn't matter if he risks his health for an all star game now does it?
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#35 » by cloverleaf » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:09 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:
Stadium5 wrote:Kyrie strikes me as the kinda guy that looks more forward to playing with his cool kid friends in an exhibition game rather than his actual team that he should be leading

100%, and this is how the LeBron Heat and Durant Warriors teams were formed.

Just thinking you know what's fun? if we were the only team with talent on it and we never had to try in our jobs ever again. Let's do that, there's nothing anyone can do about it!

The question is what team and location will he be pitching to his pals?
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#36 » by Taget » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Yes. It isn't a real game. Everyone knows the effort expended is not the same as an official NBA game. Neither are the minutes. It's a glorified pickup game. It is an honorific that has meaning above and beyond it for the player. This is something they work hard to obtain their whole careers. This is not like say the grueling training regimen over the summer required for the Olympics. Go for it and have some fun.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

TommyPoints
Head Coach
And1: 4,146

Post#37 » by TommyPoints » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:16 pm

If the knee is fine of course he should play. That game will barely even be a workout for him and I would like to see him represent the C's out there.
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 18,936

Post#38 » by Ben-N1ce » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:34 pm

I don't care if he is healthy. Now if he was healthy for Det game and didn't play then he can kick rocks.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,011

Post#39 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:36 pm

As long as he plays in the 2019 Finals as a member of the Boston Celtics, then I'm totally fine with him playing in the ASG.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,014

Post#40 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:46 pm

Brad has said that Kyrie would have played Friday if we had a game. Ofc he is going to play Sunday. From Wednesday to Sunday is a pretty big gap.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!

Return to Boston Celtics