ImageImageImage

Anthony Davis Clarifies that Boston IS on his Preferred trade List [AD part 5]

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,423

Re: Anthony Davis Clarifies that Boston IS on his Preferred trade List [AD part 5] 

Post#381 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:57 am

Kyrie For Three wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
CSL_1904 wrote:Forget KD. He's going to the Knicks and Kyrie will follow him. Better get used to it.

Let's see what happens with the lottery.

Yeah that will be a nerve wracking day.

Just glad Kyrie and KD fanned the flames this recent weekend. :roll: They are either serious about pairing up someday or they are trolling us.

Read on Twitter

On the flip side, not sure KD has a lot of friends......outside of Kyrie who is close to him? :lol:

Yeah, he's totally staying if we don't land AD, lmao.
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Re: Anthony Davis Clarifies that Boston IS on his Preferred trade List [AD part 5] 

Post#382 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:20 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
Kyrie For Three wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:

Yeah that will be a nerve wracking day.

Just glad Kyrie and KD fanned the flames this recent weekend. :roll: They are either serious about pairing up someday or they are trolling us.

Read on Twitter

On the flip side, not sure KD has a lot of friends......outside of Kyrie who is close to him? :lol:

Sigh
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tai
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,240

Post#383 » by Tai » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:26 am

lou310 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
lou310 wrote:
I see nuance isn't your thing, but I'm sure you're doing your best.

Nuance is definitely my thing, just no need for it in this particular aspect of the discussion. We will offer Tatum for AD. Anyone who doesn't get that need is going to be wrong. Guaranteed. Bookmark this to make it easier to remember that I told you so.

The nuance comes in at what the rest of the offer will be. I'll repeat what I said in the other thread. If the Knicks pick comes in at #1, they trade for AD. If it comes in at #2 or #3, we are likely forced to include Jaylen with Smart, Tatum, the Grizz pick and other lesser ones. If it comes in at #4 or #5, we may be able to keep Jaylen out of the deal.

I legitimately think we're a worse team if we trade Jaylen+Tatum+Smart+Memphis+whatever for AD. We wouldn't even have 5 starters on our team unless we pay way too much for Morris. That is simply a bad trade for us, regardless of how good AD is.

Why do you think we'd have to give up Tatum AND Brown for AD? Is that the only way the money will matchup? That's unfortunate if so, but I just want that made clear as opposed to the idea of everyone thinking it will actually take that much.

I'd like to think if the Pelicans value Tatum that much, we could make a deal centered around him, without Brown. I mean, did they really turn down the Lakers offer just to get Brown? Please.
smartyz456 wrote:oh i am a laker fan for life

i'm just gonna be a warrior fan until lebron leaves the lakers

true laker fans don't root for lebron

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1728641
Jakeopp
General Manager
And1: 9,983

Post#384 » by Jakeopp » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:27 am

Valid wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
The entire roster starting with Irving and Morris to Tatum, Rozier, Brown all think they're WAAAYYYY better players than they actually are.

Only Horford and Baynes have actually started on different teams in this league and kept their mouths shut.

Hayward barely deserved any minutes with his play this year but at least he isn't doing any talking. Theis and Semi are workers trying to make sure they stay in the league.

And Smart said last season he was worth what 20 million + per year 5 seconds after we lost game 7? Just another guy that only gives a **** about the name on the back and not the name on the front or his teammates. So while his stock is up I think even the most ardent of Smart supporters would say at best he values himself above average.

It's just **** incredible. The **** arrogance on one of the biggest underachieving teams in the NBA. Players like Tatum and Brown who have almost zero development in the off season and are worlds away from being all-stars.

Just holy ****.

Awful post.

Every post he makes is an awful post. Top five scrub on this forum.

I disagree with 99% of what he posts, but this forum is a toxic wasteland lately. Lay off.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,442

Post#385 » by Jaqua92 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:27 am

The Kyrie KD stuff is worrisome. Maybe they will be in Boston

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#386 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:55 am

LarryBirdsFingr wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
Kyrie For Three wrote:Yeah that will be a nerve wracking day.

Read on Twitter

Sigh

Any thoughts on this? If Knicks land AD and KD, dude is gone, no?

Fortunately, we can likely outbid them for AD, which changes everything.

But only with Tatum.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#387 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:29 am

Only because it is relevant to the topic, all three of KD/AD/Kyrie set the gaydar off big-time. Zero **** given on that other than how it could play into all of this.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,671

Post#388 » by The Corey's » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:36 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:Only because it is relevant to the topic, all three of KD/AD/Kyrie set the gaydar off big-time. Zero **** given on that other than how it could play into all of this.

Lol, you drinking?

Wtf
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#389 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:51 am

The Corey's wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:Only because it is relevant to the topic, all three of KD/AD/Kyrie set the gaydar off big-time. Zero **** given on that other than how it could play into all of this.

Lol, you drinking?

Wtf

Like I said, zero **** given other than how it relates to all of this. But also not totally speaking out of my ass on that, either.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#390 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:56 am

Terry William Rozier III is gonna be our starting point guard next season, isn't he? lol
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#391 » by truth18 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:00 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Lol, you drinking?

Wtf

Like I said, zero **** given other than how it relates to all of this. But also not totally speaking out of my ass on that, either.

One of the few insider topics I actually have some insight on. Many bi/dudes on the down lo in the association but maybe chill on blowing these dudes up.
YOU LOSE
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,682

Post#392 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:05 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Lol, you drinking?

Wtf

"Californian" and "gay" are often confused. It even happened to me. In the same time period as my colleagues marvelled at all the hot women they thought (often correctly) I was banging, my business associates at other companies speculated that I might be gay.

(Not that any of those guys are strictly speaking Californians, but KD was excited to move to the state and Kyrie is into film-making.)

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if any of the guys cited were gay or more likely bi.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,401

Post#393 » by K For Three » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:06 am

What happens in the Anthony Davis threads late at night, stays in these threads.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,401

Post#394 » by K For Three » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:07 am

A little bit of bi on the side, but low key very hot. As long as they play great basketball.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#395 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:17 am

truth18 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Lol, you drinking?

Wtf

One of the few insider topics I actually have some insight on. Many bi/dudes on the down lo in the association but maybe chill on blowing these dudes up.

Apologies. I'll leave it alone, even though I think there is a teaching moment and relevant topic here. If it were more accepted in the macho worlds of sports and black male culture, you might not have the possibility of certain guys looking to band together on orgs or in places of higher tolerance. Last I will say about that.

With all the progress in this area recently, I hope the dam bursts soon in pro sports. People would be shocked at the names and it would go a long way in promoting acceptance among people who need to have it.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM

Post#396 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:20 am

Kyrie For Three wrote:

A little bit of bi on the side, but low key very hot. As long as they play great basketball.

Beats KG and Doc calling people "**** ****" every five minutes.
CSL_1904
Veteran
And1: 3,479

Post#397 » by CSL_1904 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:11 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
CSL_1904 wrote:Forget KD. He's going to the Knicks and Kyrie will follow him. Better get used to it.

They don't decide important stuff like this overnight. I think the decision is already made. Kyrie will play with KD in New York. The only thing left to see is if AD joins them (meaning: if the Knicks win the lottery).
Maple Green
Starter
And1: 79

Post#398 » by Maple Green » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:28 am

If KD and Irving go to Knicks
and NO Trade AD to Boston (sign and Trade) for
Brown,Morris,and Hayward and all 2019 picks
Boston still hard to reckon
PG-Smart/Rozier
SG-Wannamaker/? via free agency
SF-Tatum
PF-AD/Horford/Theis
C-Baynes/AD/Horford
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#399 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:38 am

Jaqua92 wrote:The Kyrie KD stuff is worrisome. Maybe they will be in Boston

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That would be nice. KD would probably be a lot cheaper than AD; further, whoever needed to be traded to GS to make the salaries work might not mind very much.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#400 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:39 am

Kyrie For Three wrote:

There you go again with the slash fantasies. :)

Return to Boston Celtics