ImageImageImage

The Kyrie thread - he probably doesnt bleed green

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

UNCBlue012
Analyst
And1: 4,141

Re: The Kyrie support thread - he still bleeds green 

Post#361 » by UNCBlue012 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:56 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

As a Steelers fan, I'm supposed to hate this dude, but it's damn near impossible. ugh.
csforlife46
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#362 » by csforlife46 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:00 pm

truth18 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Kyrie For Three wrote:I am obsessed now with this tweet.

The GOAT didn't show the same love for The Kelly Olynyk after he went off on the Wizards in ECF Game 7. And those two even have history together.

Read on Twitter

Ah yes. The endless summer. I believe I posted in all 999 "All purpose Love Durant" threads.

And of course, the first tweet is from Pogue.

Kevin Durant, ruining July 4th 2016
Gordon Hayward, ruining July 4th 2017

Man that Durant day brings back memories..refreshing threads on here all day
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#363 » by Roddy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:00 pm

Kyrie For Three wrote:Current mood:

Game dayyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!

ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#364 » by ermocrate » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:05 pm

Roddy wrote:
Kyrie For Three wrote:Current mood:

Game dayyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!

This is halfwy between the Scary Movie cat and Sabrina, the teenage witch... Now I'm officially frightened...
"Negativity in this town sucks"
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,610

Post#365 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:38 pm

Playoff Kyrie is a borderline top 5 player in the game.
Theocy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,428

Post#366 » by Theocy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:57 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Playoff Kyrie is a borderline top 5 player in the game.

Cant be arsed in rg though so you need pieces around him. Its probably because of the effort required to do what he does. His game isnt physical or overly athletic. It’s pure bball brilliance. Still so fun to watch.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,398

Post#367 » by K For Three » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Read on Twitter
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#368 » by djFan71 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:04 am

Kyrie was great in the leadership and interview realm in this series. Really has grown into it lately. being a stone cold playoff killer helps, for sure, but he’s also been first off the bench cheering guys when he’s not in, doing his encouragement thing, and also just a calm, “we got this” presence. Will be a little more challenging when we’re not sweeping, but I love what I’ve seen so far.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#369 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:34 pm

Kyrie For Three wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,398

Post#370 » by K For Three » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:06 am

Saw this on reddit.

Before game 3 in the tunnel.

https://streamable.com/wv2il
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#371 » by sam_I_am » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:32 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Kyrie For Three wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Kyrie is 12-1 in second round having won last 11 in a row including 4 against Raptors and 4 against Budenholder’s Hawks. ( I think he may have had a little help from a pretty good player tho )
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,610

Post#372 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:24 pm

djFan71 wrote:Kyrie was great in the leadership and interview realm in this series. Really has grown into it lately. being a stone cold playoff killer helps, for sure, but he’s also been first off the bench cheering guys when he’s not in, doing his encouragement thing, and also just a calm, “we got this” presence. Will be a little more challenging when we’re not sweeping, but I love what I’ve seen so far.

I honestly just think its just the playoffs. You can tell all the years going to the finals with the Cavs, Kyrie is permanently in the regular season doesn't matter mindset. So I don't think he takes the games as serious, all the smaller things that get blown out of proportion really bug him because he really just is waiting for the playoffs to start.

I think that can be a really bad thing for a team that had so many people searching for their roles. Hayward was returning, Tatum trying to live up to high expectations, Brown and Rozier not wanting to be demoted. I think the way Kyrie handles the regular season really didn't help all that.

But it seems like everyone has finally found their role just in time and Kyrie is a completely different dude on and off the court in the playoffs.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#373 » by djFan71 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:09 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
djFan71 wrote:Kyrie was great in the leadership and interview realm in this series. Really has grown into it lately. being a stone cold playoff killer helps, for sure, but he’s also been first off the bench cheering guys when he’s not in, doing his encouragement thing, and also just a calm, “we got this” presence. Will be a little more challenging when we’re not sweeping, but I love what I’ve seen so far.

I honestly just think its just the playoffs. You can tell all the years going to the finals with the Cavs, Kyrie is permanently in the regular season doesn't matter mindset. So I don't think he takes the games as serious, all the smaller things that get blown out of proportion really bug him because he really just is waiting for the playoffs to start.

I think that can be a really bad thing for a team that had so many people searching for their roles. Hayward was returning, Tatum trying to live up to high expectations, Brown and Rozier not wanting to be demoted. I think the way Kyrie handles the regular season really didn't help all that.

But it seems like everyone has finally found their role just in time and Kyrie is a completely different dude on and off the court in the playoffs.

Agreed. I was mildly critical of him in the season, so thought I should post the positives as well. I figured once playoffs rolled around things would all get ironed out (at least temporarily). But, nice to see.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#374 » by cloverleaf » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:20 pm

I wonder whose agent is being referred to here and if the report is true, whether Kyrie will be able to resist.

I think the rest of the C's playoffs may determine that. Or, Kyrie may have come to peace with his decision already, which has made him mellow out for his comments to the press, etc.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/253523/Current-Former-Teammates-Of-Kevin-Durant-Expect-Him-To-Sign-With-Knicks
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#375 » by FlatearthZorro » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:39 pm

cloverleaf wrote:I wonder whose agent is being referred to here and if the report is true, whether Kyrie will be able to resist.

I think the rest of the C's playoffs may determine that. Or, Kyrie may have come to peace with his decision already, which has made him mellow out for his comments to the press, etc.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/253523/Current-Former-Teammates-Of-Kevin-Durant-Expect-Him-To-Sign-With-Knicks

It will be hard for Kyrie to resist unless we win a title. Imo, him and Durant are just way too close and allure of the Knicks is big mostly cause of the market and NY being his hometown(definitely not the franchise as it's been trash for 20 years now)... I think he will be tempted, hopefully we either add AD or win the title, would prefer the latter....
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,441

Post#376 » by Jaqua92 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:31 pm

Don't buy it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#377 » by jmr07019 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:40 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Playoff Kyrie is a borderline top 5 player in the game.

Shot under .400 in 3 of 4 games against the Pacers. His defensive intensity was picked up a couple of notches though. Will be interesting to see his impact compared to the impact of Giannis in this series.
Show Love Spread Love
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,314

Post#378 » by chrisab123 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:29 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:I wonder whose agent is being referred to here and if the report is true, whether Kyrie will be able to resist.

It will be hard for Kyrie to resist unless we win a title. Imo, him and Durant are just way too close and allure of the Knicks is big mostly cause of the market and NY being his hometown(definitely not the franchise as it's been trash for 20 years now)... I think he will be tempted, hopefully we either add AD or win the title, would prefer the latter....

Kyrie is gone. The question is can the Celtics make the finals before he bolts to NY? The crappy part is that our starting PG next year will be the overrated and soon to be overpaid...Scary Terry
watsonthedragon
Sixth Man
And1: 2,289

Post#379 » by watsonthedragon » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:52 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

Kyrie is gone. The question is can the Celtics make the finals before he bolts to NY? The crappy part is that our starting PG next year will be the overrated and soon to be overpaid...Scary Terry

Damn dude, really? Can you tell me the mega millions numbers for tonight?
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#380 » by ermocrate » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:55 pm

I don’t get why in a topic dedicated to the hype there are some posters who like to spread their bull. I hope they all get banned if Kyrie resigns in July...
"Negativity in this town sucks"

Return to Boston Celtics