ImageImageImage

This team is still not united- West coast trip update

Moderators: djFan71, sully00, Froob, ParticleMan, The Comedian, Parliament10, canman1971

User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 28,646
And1: 53,812
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
 

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#121 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:51 am

mbsnmisc wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:Danny should've sold high on Rozier last offseason coming off that playoff run. He was predictably unimpactful in his reduced bench role and using him as a S&T trade chip this summer is extremely optimistic to not happening. If he is instrumental and wins us at least a critical game in the playoffs or is somehow part of an elaborate trade deal that lands us KD/AD, then I will eat crow crap.

Just distributing his minutes/touches among Smart/Hayward/Brown would've eased the tension/crunch we're feeling this season.

I sincerely appreciate your dedication to the Celts, but just eating crow meat is enough. :D

Your sig bets signify nothing. If y'all are not willing to go all the way, then I hereby question your fandom.
ImageImage
User avatar
GrandTheftRondo
Head Coach
Posts: 6,159
And1: 4,484
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#122 » by GrandTheftRondo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:35 am

ArlingtonCeltic wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
LuckyLeprechaun wrote:So I just checked stats last year vs this. Brown's mpg is down from 30 to 26. Rozier from 26 to 23. Smart from 29 to 27. Morris, Kyrie, and Tatum are all up about 1 mpg. Hayward is 7th on the team in total mpg. As for FGA, Brown and Rozier are both down by 1 fga per game. Tatum is +3 in fga from last year. The only guy who has lost a ton of playing time is Semi because of all the DNPs he gets now.

If guys are mad at Hayward because they've lost 2-4 mpg and 1 fga per game they are not likely to succeed in team sports. Anyone with that attitude needs to be traded away ASAP imo.


Youre ignoring role: Rozier went from starting PG on an ECF team leading a game 7 with 5 minutes to play to a back-up PG sharing ball-handling duties with a guy who simply wasnt ready to do so for half the year. That breads animosity, especially so when considering that Terry is in a contract year.


This has been such a weird season, and it does seem like Hayward is a flashpoint. Soon after Charlottesville i realized Hayward’s stylish haircut (relative to college) is actually quite popular in the “alt-Right” circles. Others seem to have recognized this as well:

Read on Twitter


Not to mention notice of his past Instagram follows:

Read on Twitter


I always assumed Hayward’s look was a coincidence, as how can you function in the NBA if you’re a virulent racist? I know there’s talk about say Andrew Bogut, but I would figure (if true) that’s the exception that proves the rule. What really matters though is if teammates think it’s no coincidence.

That preseason (September 2017) the Celtics looked great with Hayward and Kyrie on the floor. Then the ankle injury happened and Hayward was the object of everyone’s empathy, with Paul George among others beyond the Celtics who advised and encouraged him. I don’t know that someone like Bogut would get that kind of encouragement in his day.

Until Hayward went down, it didn’t really matter what the others thought of him. Nor would we ever hear anything. He was an all-star and made everyone better on the court. He had much higher status.

Then we all know what happened last year through ECF Game 7. The others learned and proved their ability and worth on the court. Even Hayward to his credit said at Media Day that he has less playoff experience than his younger teammates.

Fast-forward this year and subpar Hayward gets installed into the starting lineup, with now-proven teammates downgraded in the pecking order. Of course your best team has Hayward at 100% so you want to give reps towards that end. But that seemingly contradicts Brad Stevens’s ongoing mantra to “earn your minutes”.

You have the coincidence of a white Indianan giving a seemingly unearned starting spot to his white Indianan college star at an 81 white student, 85% white faculty school. A school that evokes the Hoosiers movie storyline, led by said white star who now sports the alt-right hairdo.

Ugly optics if you’re prone to look for such things. Yet who really amongst the Celtics is believed if not known to think deeply and intelligently about racial, cultural and socioeconomic issues? Who seems to think carefully about leadership and collective responsibility, and apparently is recognized for that based on NBAPA activity and tangible steps taken from a young age to build community amongst younger players? Who seems to have less respect from some on his own team than one would expect based on their leaguewide profile (on and off the court)? Who plays largely the same position on the court as the white college star, and loses directly in minutes, shots, and role with Hayward’s placement into the lineup?

Hayward should be free to have his own views. I’m betting they’re conservative but not white supremacist nor racist. But if teammates think things are racist, or that HE’s racist, that’s a huge problem.

LMAO. This has to be one of the worst posts I've ever read.

Hayward's haircut the undercut has been an very popular haircut for the last 4-5 years. I've had a similar haircut. Just because a few **** have the same haircut doesn't mean ****.

If players are resenting Hayward it is because of his poor play and the minutes he received, particularly early in the season.

If any players are stupid to resent him because he has a haircut like a couple of racists and/or he follows people with different political views to them then they really aren't a player worth having around.
24istheLAW
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,866
And1: 3,493
Joined: Jul 09, 2012
     

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#123 » by 24istheLAW » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:55 pm

TIL every bro with an undercut at a craft beer tap room is a member of the alt-right
User avatar
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
Posts: 19,775
And1: 22,939
Joined: Jul 29, 2003
       

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#124 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:04 pm

We are about 1 page away from this **** show turning into a political thread. It's all downhill from here, so IBTL.
User avatar
Bad-Thoma
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,162
And1: 3,669
Joined: Feb 22, 2006
Location: Still riding proud on the C's bandwagon

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#125 » by Bad-Thoma » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:34 pm

ArlingtonCeltic wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
LuckyLeprechaun wrote:So I just checked stats last year vs this. Brown's mpg is down from 30 to 26. Rozier from 26 to 23. Smart from 29 to 27. Morris, Kyrie, and Tatum are all up about 1 mpg. Hayward is 7th on the team in total mpg. As for FGA, Brown and Rozier are both down by 1 fga per game. Tatum is +3 in fga from last year. The only guy who has lost a ton of playing time is Semi because of all the DNPs he gets now.

If guys are mad at Hayward because they've lost 2-4 mpg and 1 fga per game they are not likely to succeed in team sports. Anyone with that attitude needs to be traded away ASAP imo.


Youre ignoring role: Rozier went from starting PG on an ECF team leading a game 7 with 5 minutes to play to a back-up PG sharing ball-handling duties with a guy who simply wasnt ready to do so for half the year. That breads animosity, especially so when considering that Terry is in a contract year.


This has been such a weird season, and it does seem like Hayward is a flashpoint. Soon after Charlottesville i realized Hayward’s stylish haircut (relative to college) is actually quite popular in the “alt-Right” circles. Others seem to have recognized this as well:

Read on Twitter


Not to mention notice of his past Instagram follows:

Read on Twitter


I always assumed Hayward’s look was a coincidence, as how can you function in the NBA if you’re a virulent racist? I know there’s talk about say Andrew Bogut, but I would figure (if true) that’s the exception that proves the rule. What really matters though is if teammates think it’s no coincidence.

That preseason (September 2017) the Celtics looked great with Hayward and Kyrie on the floor. Then the ankle injury happened and Hayward was the object of everyone’s empathy, with Paul George among others beyond the Celtics who advised and encouraged him. I don’t know that someone like Bogut would get that kind of encouragement in his day.

Until Hayward went down, it didn’t really matter what the others thought of him. Nor would we ever hear anything. He was an all-star and made everyone better on the court. He had much higher status.

Then we all know what happened last year through ECF Game 7. The others learned and proved their ability and worth on the court. Even Hayward to his credit said at Media Day that he has less playoff experience than his younger teammates.

Fast-forward this year and subpar Hayward gets installed into the starting lineup, with now-proven teammates downgraded in the pecking order. Of course your best team has Hayward at 100% so you want to give reps towards that end. But that seemingly contradicts Brad Stevens’s ongoing mantra to “earn your minutes”.

You have the coincidence of a white Indianan giving a seemingly unearned starting spot to his white Indianan college star at an 81 white student, 85% white faculty school. A school that evokes the Hoosiers movie storyline, led by said white star who now sports the alt-right hairdo.

Ugly optics if you’re prone to look for such things. Yet who really amongst the Celtics is believed if not known to think deeply and intelligently about racial, cultural and socioeconomic issues? Who seems to think carefully about leadership and collective responsibility, and apparently is recognized for that based on NBAPA activity and tangible steps taken from a young age to build community amongst younger players? Who seems to have less respect from some on his own team than one would expect based on their leaguewide profile (on and off the court)? Who plays largely the same position on the court as the white college star, and loses directly in minutes, shots, and role with Hayward’s placement into the lineup?

Hayward should be free to have his own views. I’m betting they’re conservative but not white supremacist nor racist. But if teammates think things are racist, or that HE’s racist, that’s a huge problem.


Image
User avatar
ermocrate
General Manager
Posts: 9,615
And1: 1,579
Joined: Apr 19, 2001
Location: Angie's Side
Contact:
   

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#126 » by ermocrate » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:02 pm

Well the girl of the Twitter post writes a series where Asians are depicted as dumb, English as snob, Blacks as insecure and White women as egoistic, while all of the power figures are Caucasian. I wonder if I have to read something into it.
"Negativity in this town sucks"
User avatar
mhi
Pro Prospect
Posts: 814
And1: 131
Joined: Jun 01, 2011

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#127 » by mhi » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:47 pm

This thread was going nowhere fast w/out OP providing additional details. Not surprised that it's devolved into Hayward's haircut and social media preferences.
Originated from the nethermost, currently however, our entire squadron is now hither.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
Posts: 19,301
And1: 7,000
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#128 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:53 am

Robyn Hayward spent a year in cosmetology school. I wouldn't interpret Hayward's hairstyle as a reflection of anything except his wife's preferences. :)
User avatar
ermocrate
General Manager
Posts: 9,615
And1: 1,579
Joined: Apr 19, 2001
Location: Angie's Side
Contact:
   

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#129 » by ermocrate » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:49 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:Robyn Hayward spent a year in cosmetology school. I wouldn't interpret Hayward's hairstyle as a reflection of anything except his wife's preferences. :)

Yeah, there's an interview on youtube with an hair style channel in witch he said that's a Robyn's idea, if it was for him he would not make his hair or beard and would be hanging out in team clothes everyday... And he doesn't even know what's going to happend when the 3 daughters will grow up, he is not going to choose ANYTHING again until his funeral... :lol:
"Negativity in this town sucks"
Jaqua92
Head Coach
Posts: 6,902
And1: 3,854
Joined: Feb 21, 2017
 

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#130 » by Jaqua92 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:09 pm

ermocrate wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:Robyn Hayward spent a year in cosmetology school. I wouldn't interpret Hayward's hairstyle as a reflection of anything except his wife's preferences. :)

Yeah, there's an interview on youtube with an hair style channel in witch he said that's a Robyn's idea, if it was for him he would not make his hair or beard and would be hanging out in team clothes everyday... And he doesn't even know what's going to happend when the 3 daughters will grow up, he is not going to choose ANYTHING again until his funeral...
If he wants to cut his hair, cut it! Haha

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Game - It's an L
User avatar
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
Posts: 19,775
And1: 22,939
Joined: Jul 29, 2003
       

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#131 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:59 pm

Bumping this thread. Time to spill the beans OP. Kyrie threw an event, and only Tatum showed up. That's gotta be it.
return2glory
RealGM
Posts: 14,001
And1: 5,939
Joined: Feb 24, 2005

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#132 » by return2glory » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:31 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Bumping this thread. Time to spill the beans OP. Kyrie threw an event, and only Tatum showed up. That's gotta be it.


I still can’t say. But there are lot of clues. I’ve left plenty of clues on other threads.

But Tatum didn’t show.

Also a few people thought Brown throw the event aka get together. I will say this, the only player that showed up was going off on Brown for not showing up.
Jaqua92
Head Coach
Posts: 6,902
And1: 3,854
Joined: Feb 21, 2017
 

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#133 » by Jaqua92 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:17 am

return2glory wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Bumping this thread. Time to spill the beans OP. Kyrie threw an event, and only Tatum showed up. That's gotta be it.


I still can’t say. But there are lot of clues. I’ve left plenty of clues on other threads.

But Tatum didn’t show.

Also a few people thought Brown throw the event aka get together. I will say this, the only player that showed up was going off on Brown for not showing up.
Smart was going off on Brown. Kyrie threw it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Game - It's an L
Celticfan_N_FL
Starter
Posts: 2,139
And1: 273
Joined: Jan 29, 2010
       

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#134 » by Celticfan_N_FL » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:55 pm

Since the roster is being blown up, because Kyrie and Horford are gone, it's worth bumping this post.
Big Joke Line
Pro Prospect
Posts: 984
And1: 794
Joined: Nov 11, 2017
Location: NYC
       

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#135 » by Big Joke Line » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:06 pm

I thought it was known it was Kyrie’s party and Mook was the one who showed.
Hey Man, nice shot!
User avatar
Jurry
RealGM
Posts: 39,095
And1: 22,568
Joined: Mar 25, 2009
 

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#136 » by Jurry » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:13 pm

I heard it was Haywards party and only Brad showed up
"you move on, and focus on other things" - afam
CelticsLV
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,307
And1: 4,959
Joined: Jan 08, 2016
 

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#137 » by CelticsLV » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:56 pm

return2glory wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Bumping this thread. Time to spill the beans OP. Kyrie threw an event, and only Tatum showed up. That's gotta be it.


I still can’t say. But there are lot of clues. I’ve left plenty of clues on other threads.

But Tatum didn’t show.

Also a few people thought Brown throw the event aka get together. I will say this, the only player that showed up was going off on Brown for not showing up.


I believe the only 2 real good buddies on the roster were Kyrie and Smart. So they were probably the only ones there. :lol:
return2glory
RealGM
Posts: 14,001
And1: 5,939
Joined: Feb 24, 2005

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#138 » by return2glory » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:33 pm

CelticsLV wrote:
return2glory wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Bumping this thread. Time to spill the beans OP. Kyrie threw an event, and only Tatum showed up. That's gotta be it.


I still can’t say. But there are lot of clues. I’ve left plenty of clues on other threads.

But Tatum didn’t show.

Also a few people thought Brown throw the event aka get together. I will say this, the only player that showed up was going off on Brown for not showing up.


I believe the only 2 real good buddies on the roster were Kyrie and Smart. So they were probably the only ones there. :lol:


I’m not sure if they were buddies off the court.
User avatar
Turgon
Analyst
Posts: 3,687
And1: 4,422
Joined: Feb 01, 2006
       

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#139 » by Turgon » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:42 pm

Jurry wrote:I heard it was Haywards party and only Brad showed up


I thought Brad threw the party and only Ainge showed.
return2glory
RealGM
Posts: 14,001
And1: 5,939
Joined: Feb 24, 2005

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#140 » by return2glory » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:55 pm

The reason I started this thread back during that West Cost trip was to share info here with fellow Celtic fans based on the plane ride story was was overblown.

I said don’t look too much into that plane trip to the West Coast and that story that came out about how the team was bonding.

I felt like sharing a story that took place on that a west coast trip without trying to harm any players imagine or my friend’s rep.

My friend here in LA knows a lot of NBA players. He has been to their parties, a wedding, and other occasions.

I wouldn’t call him an insider. He is just a close friend that works with a lot of NBA players and knows some personally. This knowledge doesn’t benefit me in any way. It just interesting stuff he tells me about some of these players.

My point was to let you guys know that this team was still not getting along on that trip. Not to believe that plane ride thing because my friend was there ear shot of some of the fighting between teammates. The issues was dislike and disrespect amongst each other on the team. I knew that was going to be the down fall of this team.

I shared what info I could that was given to me without giving names. A few people believed I was telling the truth. But most brushed it off. One particular person felt chemistry didn’t matter. He no longer posts here and took his “followers” with him.

Some thought I wanted attention. Lol. Attention on a basketball forum. Ok.

Another called my friend a club promoter. Lot of funny stuff.

But the inner fighting and the lack of respect for one another amongst teammates was too much to overcome and it still leaves a bad stink around this team.

There are a lot of stories I can share that my friend tells me but it’s not really worth the backlash here. So lesson learned.

But I will say this was a season to forget. I’m happy this team is looking to get a new start. More changes should be coming because Danny and Wyc won’t sit back and allow this team to be uncompetitive.

Also, Al was never part of the problem. 5 players of last years team were. But 2 of those really, negatively hurt this team the most. And while Rozier was one of the 5, he wasn’t the main two that took this team down.

Return to Boston Celtics