ImageImageImage

This team is still not united- West coast trip update

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

mbsnmisc
Starter
And1: 3,721

Re: This team is still not united- West coast trip update 

Post#101 » by mbsnmisc » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:25 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:Danny should've sold high on Rozier last offseason coming off that playoff run. He was predictably unimpactful in his reduced bench role and using him as a S&T trade chip this summer is extremely optimistic to not happening. If he is instrumental and wins us at least a critical game in the playoffs or is somehow part of an elaborate trade deal that lands us KD/AD, then I will eat crow crap.

Just distributing his minutes/touches among Smart/Hayward/Brown would've eased the tension/crunch we're feeling this season.

I sincerely appreciate your dedication to the Celts, but just eating crow meat is enough. :D
mbsnmisc
Starter

Post#102 » by mbsnmisc » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:31 pm

ArlingtonCeltic wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
LuckyLeprechaun wrote:So I just checked stats last year vs this. Brown's mpg is down from 30 to 26. Rozier from 26 to 23. Smart from 29 to 27. Morris, Kyrie, and Tatum are all up about 1 mpg. Hayward is 7th on the team in total mpg. As for FGA, Brown and Rozier are both down by 1 fga per game. Tatum is +3 in fga from last year. The only guy who has lost a ton of playing time is Semi because of all the DNPs he gets now.

If guys are mad at Hayward because they've lost 2-4 mpg and 1 fga per game they are not likely to succeed in team sports. Anyone with that attitude needs to be traded away ASAP imo.

Youre ignoring role: Rozier went from starting PG on an ECF team leading a game 7 with 5 minutes to play to a back-up PG sharing ball-handling duties with a guy who simply wasnt ready to do so for half the year. That breads animosity, especially so when considering that Terry is in a contract year.

This has been such a weird season, and it does seem like Hayward is a flashpoint. Soon after Charlottesville i realized Hayward’s stylish haircut (relative to college) is actually quite popular in the “alt-Right” circles. Others seem to have recognized this as well:

Read on Twitter

Not to mention notice of his past Instagram follows:

Read on Twitter

I always assumed Hayward’s look was a coincidence, as how can you function in the NBA if you’re a virulent racist? I know there’s talk about say Andrew Bogut, but I would figure (if true) that’s the exception that proves the rule. What really matters though is if teammates think it’s no coincidence.

That preseason (September 2017) the Celtics looked great with Hayward and Kyrie on the floor. Then the ankle injury happened and Hayward was the object of everyone’s empathy, with Paul George among others beyond the Celtics who advised and encouraged him. I don’t know that someone like Bogut would get that kind of encouragement in his day.

Until Hayward went down, it didn’t really matter what the others thought of him. Nor would we ever hear anything. He was an all-star and made everyone better on the court. He had much higher status.

Then we all know what happened last year through ECF Game 7. The others learned and proved their ability and worth on the court. Even Hayward to his credit said at Media Day that he has less playoff experience than his younger teammates.

Fast-forward this year and subpar Hayward gets installed into the starting lineup, with now-proven teammates downgraded in the pecking order. Of course your best team has Hayward at 100% so you want to give reps towards that end. But that seemingly contradicts Brad Stevens’s ongoing mantra to “earn your minutes”.

You have the coincidence of a white Indianan giving a seemingly unearned starting spot to his white Indianan college star at an 81 white student, 85% white faculty school. A school that evokes the Hoosiers movie storyline, led by said white star who now sports the alt-right hairdo.

Ugly optics if you’re prone to look for such things. Yet who really amongst the Celtics is believed if not known to think deeply and intelligently about racial, cultural and socioeconomic issues? Who seems to think carefully about leadership and collective responsibility, and apparently is recognized for that based on NBAPA activity and tangible steps taken from a young age to build community amongst younger players? Who seems to have less respect from some on his own team than one would expect based on their leaguewide profile (on and off the court)? Who plays largely the same position on the court as the white college star, and loses directly in minutes, shots, and role with Hayward’s placement into the lineup?

Hayward should be free to have his own views. I’m betting they’re conservative but not white supremacist nor racist. But if teammates think things are racist, or that HE’s racist, that’s a huge problem.

Jesus **** Christ. Speculate much?
ThirtyFour
Starter
And1: 3,477

Post#103 » by ThirtyFour » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:39 pm

Gordon’s haircut has been the hipster haircut of choice for like the last decade. Well that and the man bun. What is happening right now?
“There’s a sense of pride, there’s an edge you have to have to play here. I can only imagine the love, the reception, if you hung one of those banners up. It would be incredible — it’s going to be incredible. I know it.” —Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,801

Post#104 » by Parliament10 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:42 pm

ArlingtonCeltic wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
LuckyLeprechaun wrote:So I just checked stats last year vs this. Brown's mpg is down from 30 to 26. Rozier from 26 to 23. Smart from 29 to 27. Morris, Kyrie, and Tatum are all up about 1 mpg. Hayward is 7th on the team in total mpg. As for FGA, Brown and Rozier are both down by 1 fga per game. Tatum is +3 in fga from last year. The only guy who has lost a ton of playing time is Semi because of all the DNPs he gets now.

If guys are mad at Hayward because they've lost 2-4 mpg and 1 fga per game they are not likely to succeed in team sports. Anyone with that attitude needs to be traded away ASAP imo.

Youre ignoring role: Rozier went from starting PG on an ECF team leading a game 7 with 5 minutes to play to a back-up PG sharing ball-handling duties with a guy who simply wasnt ready to do so for half the year. That breads animosity, especially so when considering that Terry is in a contract year.

This has been such a weird season, and it does seem like Hayward is a flashpoint. Soon after Charlottesville i realized Hayward’s stylish haircut (relative to college) is actually quite popular in the “alt-Right” circles. Others seem to have recognized this as well:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I always assumed Hayward’s look was a coincidence, as how can you function in the NBA if you’re a virulent racist? I know there’s talk about say Andrew Bogut, but I would figure (if true) that’s the exception that proves the rule. What really matters though is if teammates think it’s no coincidence.

That preseason (September 2017) the Celtics looked great with Hayward and Kyrie on the floor. Then the ankle injury happened and Hayward was the object of everyone’s empathy, with Paul George among others beyond the Celtics who advised and encouraged him. I don’t know that someone like Bogut would get that kind of encouragement in his day.

Until Hayward went down, it didn’t really matter what the others thought of him. Nor would we ever hear anything. He was an all-star and made everyone better on the court. He had much higher status.

Then we all know what happened last year through ECF Game 7. The others learned and proved their ability and worth on the court. Even Hayward to his credit said at Media Day that he has less playoff experience than his younger teammates.

Fast-forward this year and subpar Hayward gets installed into the starting lineup, with now-proven teammates downgraded in the pecking order. Of course your best team has Hayward at 100% so you want to give reps towards that end. But that seemingly contradicts Brad Stevens’s ongoing mantra to “earn your minutes”.

You have the coincidence of a white Indianan giving a seemingly unearned starting spot to his white Indianan college star at an 81 white student, 85% white faculty school. A school that evokes the Hoosiers movie storyline, led by said white star who now sports the alt-right hairdo.

Ugly optics if you’re prone to look for such things. Yet who really amongst the Celtics is believed if not known to think deeply and intelligently about racial, cultural and socioeconomic issues? Who seems to think carefully about leadership and collective responsibility, and apparently is recognized for that based on NBAPA activity and tangible steps taken from a young age to build community amongst younger players? Who seems to have less respect from some on his own team than one would expect based on their leaguewide profile (on and off the court)? Who plays largely the same position on the court as the white college star, and loses directly in minutes, shots, and role with Hayward’s placement into the lineup?

Hayward should be free to have his own views. I’m betting they’re conservative but not white supremacist nor racist. But if teammates think things are racist, or that HE’s racist, that’s a huge problem.

Leave the Racist sentiments out of your posts.
Consider this a Reprimand.

~ Parl
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,362

Post#105 » by K For Three » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:04 pm

What a group of gossip boys around here lately. ;)

BTW, maybe Kyrie got the team to sing on those long plane rides. 8-)

mbsnmisc
Starter

Post#106 » by mbsnmisc » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:19 pm

Kyrie For Three wrote:What a group of gossip boys around here lately. ;)

BTW, maybe Kyrie got the team to sing on those long plane rides. 8-)

When MEN, (not boys) discuss important matters it is not "gossip". It is "conferencing", a "panel discussion", or a "colloquium".

Never gossip. :lol:
Big Joke Line
Sixth Man
And1: 1,692

Post#107 » by Big Joke Line » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:03 pm

Homerclease wrote:
ArlingtonCeltic wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

COMe

This post is absolute garbage

Come on don’t you know Greg Ostertag was a closet nazi?
Hey Man, nice shot!
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#108 » by StojkoVrankovic » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:59 pm

ArlingtonCeltic wrote:post deleted for being a pile of ****

let me get that for you...
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#109 » by MagicBagley18 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:33 am

ArlingtonCeltic wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Giant leap to think that his teammates or any of the chemistry issues on this team have anything to do with race. Racist view points have no place in society or any walk of life let alone a locker room in the nba. Drastic drastic leap from you and honestly saying this with no background or information is really a slap in the face to the real race, hatred and bigotry problems in this country. Trash post
mwhis21
Analyst
And1: 1,065

Post#110 » by mwhis21 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:13 am

This went from some players didn’t show up to a team members alleged party to Hayward is a racist and his teammates don’t like him. How?
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,398

Post#111 » by Jaqua92 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:38 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
LuckyLeprechaun wrote:
return2glory wrote:
You nailed it.

There are several issues with this team and Gordon Hayward is one of those issues, to no fault of his own.

Not only do a few of his teammates not respect him, they don’t respect Brad either anymore for playing him as much as he has played him. It’s dumb for these players to feel that way, but they do.

I have confirmation on this too. While it wasn’t talked about on the West coast trip, it’s been talked about around the league by different players on different teams. This type of info has gotten out unfortunately where players from other teams have talked about it.

As we all know, the Boston Celtics are one of the top topics around the league because this was a team that was supposed to be in the Finals this year and instead they have been a huge disappointment.
So I just checked stats last year vs this. Brown's mpg is down from 30 to 26. Rozier from 26 to 23. Smart from 29 to 27. Morris, Kyrie, and Tatum are all up about 1 mpg. Hayward is 7th on the team in total mpg. As for FGA, Brown and Rozier are both down by 1 fga per game. Tatum is +3 in fga from last year. The only guy who has lost a ton of playing time is Semi because of all the DNPs he gets now.

That why is ass needs to be hauled out

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,625

Post#112 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:55 pm

I worried a little (but only a little) when the story of the young-families friendship between the Haywards, Bayneses and Theises went around, with Horford -- who's at a similar stage of life -- evidently not involved. But a recent story mentioned that he actually was, so now that concern is off the table.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Theocy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,428

Post#113 » by Theocy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:57 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:I worried a little (but only a little) when the story of the young-families friendship between the Haywards, Bayneses and Theises went around, with Horford -- who's at a similar stage of life -- evidently not involved. But a recent story mentioned that he actually was, so now that concern is off the table.

So what are we thinking a story of white supremacy ? :lol:
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#114 » by ermocrate » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:27 pm

I think there should be a huge revision of America's society, people looks like is going completely nuts.
"Negativity in this town sucks"
liveod
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,082

Post#115 » by liveod » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Don't entertain the racial conversation that Celtic haters are trying to stir up. All of this stuff is an attempt to infiltrate the locker room as we know.
Celtics_Champs wrote:Abby Chin always looks good. She blocked me on Twitter and to this day I have no idea and I never said anything to her. One day I will see her on sidelines and ask her why oh why.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,801

Post#116 » by Parliament10 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:50 pm

Theocy wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:I worried a little (but only a little) when the story of the young-families friendship between the Haywards, Bayneses and Theises went around, with Horford -- who's at a similar stage of life -- evidently not involved. But a recent story mentioned that he actually was, so now that concern is off the table.

Can we stop with the Racial insinuations.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#117 » by Captain_Caveman » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:54 pm

LOL @ THIS THREAD.
Theocy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,428

Post#118 » by Theocy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:02 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Theocy wrote:

Not trying to be an **** here and apologies but there seems to be a silly argument going arround. This whole joke about hairstyles and alt right :lol:

Chinese / asian and europeans favour this hairstyle btw :lol: it’s not alt right. It was german. nazi german btw. Dissappeared for about 40 years came back and frankly it looks cool.

But looking at that how can people extrapolate is beyond me ( if taht is the case honestly i cant follow every post and udnerstand what the issue is). Just trying to underrpstand is this the new thesis ? Are peopel thinkign gordon is a white supremasist ? Fake news is big in our days i would expect anything but daaaaamn
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,625

Post#119 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:10 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Theocy wrote:

There's no way veteran NBA players in this era will have racial or cultural issues with each other more severe than not quite talking the same language, not wholly understanding each other's backgrounds, and various other cultural distances or confusions like that. Anything more severe can be automatically ruled out, with only the kind of caveats that all generalities have.

The mild stuff can not be ruled out as automatically. E.g., I recall a journeyman coming to the Patriots from another team 10-15 years ago and marveling at the fact that there were NOT "white" and "black" tables in the meal room.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,275

Post#120 » by Marvel » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:31 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
ArlingtonCeltic wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Leave the Racist sentiments out of your posts.
Consider this a Reprimand.

~ Parl

Ayyyyyyyyyyy you're a mod now bro. Congrats.

Return to Boston Celtics