ImageImageImage

General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2

Moderators: sully00, djFan71, ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,345
And1: 30,374
Joined: Dec 29, 2014

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1261 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:21 am

The only solace ill take from this season is that BB will 100% throw the week 17 game vs the Jets to ruin their chance to get Trevor Lawrence
User avatar
Disinformation
Starter
Posts: 2,182
And1: 2,939
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
   

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1262 » by Disinformation » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:32 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:The only solace ill take from this season is that BB will 100% throw the week 17 game vs the Jets to ruin their chance to get Trevor Lawrence


Nah, bro! TD coming before and after the half. Gonna run the table to 10-6 and get enough help to get in.

Go Pats!

Edit: FG coming before half and a TD after the half. :oops:
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2020 Offseason

****, I don't know. 3 ECFs in the last 4 years and this team has never really felt like a contender to me. I don't know where to go from here.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
Posts: 22,624
And1: 31,729
Joined: Jun 25, 2007
       

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1263 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:41 am

Can we just end this failed Cam experiment, already? He sucks so, so badly.

Whatever Stidham is or is not, I would rather have a better grasp of that heading into the offseason.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
Posts: 22,624
And1: 31,729
Joined: Jun 25, 2007
       

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1264 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:00 am

Even a terrible QB would have us down like 10-6 at halftime here. What in the hell was he doing even trying to throw that pass that almost got picked off at the end of the half? You had two timeouts on 1st down, take the sack if you have to!

If Stidham were starting and playing this poorly game after game after game, the calls to bench him would be deafening and the only thing talked about all day long on those dumb radio talk shows in Boston. And not just Stidham, but any quarterback ever, for any team anywhere!

We look like the Broncos when they started that practice squad WR as an emergency QB a couple of weeks back. Get him ouuuuuut!
threrf23
RealGM
Posts: 13,729
And1: 3,288
Joined: Mar 22, 2004
Contact:

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1265 » by threrf23 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:04 am

Tough break there, that was either PI or at least holding
User avatar
Disinformation
Starter
Posts: 2,182
And1: 2,939
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
   

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1266 » by Disinformation » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:06 am

Is it too late to edit my post to say a FG before and nothing after? :(

I'm still enjoying the season, though. It's been a long time since I've had a WC race to care about. It's kind of fun. Plus watching the development of some young defenders (and Damien Harris) happen right before my eyes is big.
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2020 Offseason

****, I don't know. 3 ECFs in the last 4 years and this team has never really felt like a contender to me. I don't know where to go from here.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,345
And1: 30,374
Joined: Dec 29, 2014

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1267 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:31 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:Can we just end this failed Cam experiment, already? He sucks so, so badly.

Whatever Stidham is or is not, I would rather have a better grasp of that heading into the offseason.


Id rather see you start at QB than Cam.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,345
And1: 30,374
Joined: Dec 29, 2014

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1268 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:33 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:Even a terrible QB would have us done like 10-6 at halftime here. What in the hell was he doing even trying to throw that pass that almost got picked off at the end of the half? You had two timeouts on 1st down, take the sack if you have to!

If Stidham were starting and playing this poorly game after game after game, the calls to bench him would be deafening and the only thing talked about all day long on those dumb radio talk shows in Boston. And not just Stidham, but any quarterback ever, for any team anywhere!

We look like the Broncos when they started that practice squad WR as an emergency QB a couple of weeks back. Get him ouuuuuut!


The thing thats going to kill me most is that were gonna bring him back as a bridge QB next year and I just cant do another season of watching a no upside 30+ year old bridge QB
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
Posts: 22,624
And1: 31,729
Joined: Jun 25, 2007
       

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1269 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:36 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:Even a terrible QB would have us done like 10-6 at halftime here. What in the hell was he doing even trying to throw that pass that almost got picked off at the end of the half? You had two timeouts on 1st down, take the sack if you have to!

If Stidham were starting and playing this poorly game after game after game, the calls to bench him would be deafening and the only thing talked about all day long on those dumb radio talk shows in Boston. And not just Stidham, but any quarterback ever, for any team anywhere!

We look like the Broncos when they started that practice squad WR as an emergency QB a couple of weeks back. Get him ouuuuuut!


The thing thats going to kill me most is that were gonna bring him back as a bridge QB next year and I just cant do another season of watching a no upside 30+ year old bridge QB


We are being outscored by our own offense right now.

Cam will not be here next year, lol.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,345
And1: 30,374
Joined: Dec 29, 2014

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1270 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:40 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:Even a terrible QB would have us done like 10-6 at halftime here. What in the hell was he doing even trying to throw that pass that almost got picked off at the end of the half? You had two timeouts on 1st down, take the sack if you have to!

If Stidham were starting and playing this poorly game after game after game, the calls to bench him would be deafening and the only thing talked about all day long on those dumb radio talk shows in Boston. And not just Stidham, but any quarterback ever, for any team anywhere!

We look like the Broncos when they started that practice squad WR as an emergency QB a couple of weeks back. Get him ouuuuuut!


The thing thats going to kill me most is that were gonna bring him back as a bridge QB next year and I just cant do another season of watching a no upside 30+ year old bridge QB


We are being outscored by our own offense right now.

Cam will not be here next year, lol.


Bill likes Cam. A lot. I disagree vehemently with it. But he likes him a lot.
soxfan2003
RealGM
Posts: 11,068
And1: 3,563
Joined: May 30, 2003
     

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1271 » by soxfan2003 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:49 am

I really don't think Cam has been awful this year overall even though his passing stats are obviously very bad. He often partially makes up for it with his running. But at this point it is fair to say Cam's upside is limited. Even if he understands the offense a little more, he is unlikely to become that much more confident in terms of quick decisions and making throws in that situation.

I would try Stidham in this game. Made this post 60 seconds before they made the change but wanted to wait to send it to see what BB would do.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,345
And1: 30,374
Joined: Dec 29, 2014

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1272 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:54 am

soxfan2003 wrote:I really don't think Cam has been awful this year overall even though his passing stats are obviously very bad. He often partially makes up for it with his running. But at this point it is fair to say Cam's upside is limited. Even if he understands the offense a little more, he is unlikely to become that much more confident in terms of quick decisions and making throws in that situation.

I would try Stidham in this game. Made this post 60 seconds before they made the change but wanted to wait to send it to see what BB would do.


He caps our ceiling. He shoulder is irreparably damaged from wear and tear and teams stack the box vs us cuz they know he cant throw.
User avatar
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,593
And1: 10,344
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Location: Atlantic Champs OMG OMG OMG!

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1273 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:59 am

Belichick likes Cam because he cost 1 million and with this offensive talent, having someone who can make a play with his feet has some value. Oh well, maybe they can see if they have anything with Stidham these last few games, this loss locks them out of the playoffs barring a ton of insane luck.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
User avatar
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,593
And1: 10,344
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Location: Atlantic Champs OMG OMG OMG!

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1274 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:03 am

Belichick likes Cam because he cost 1 million and with this offensive talent, having someone who can make a play with his feet has some value. Oh well, maybe they can see if they have anything with Stidham these last few games, this loss locks them out of the playoffs barring a ton of insane luck.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
soxfan2003
RealGM
Posts: 11,068
And1: 3,563
Joined: May 30, 2003
     

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1275 » by soxfan2003 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:05 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
The thing thats going to kill me most is that were gonna bring him back as a bridge QB next year and I just cant do another season of watching a no upside 30+ year old bridge QB


We are being outscored by our own offense right now.

Cam will not be here next year, lol.


Bill likes Cam. A lot. I disagree vehemently with it. But he likes him a lot.


I think he likes a good part of what Cam brings to the table. Leadership seems good. Seems to love football and take it seriously which is great. Seems pretty darn tough. Can obviously run the ball really well. If given time, decent accuracy.

I don't think BB is under any delusions right now with Cam Newton in terms of his weak areas. The weaknesses make him a below average starter.

That being said, Patriots could have any QB in the league tonight and they would be struggling against the Rams given the Patriots receivers and tight ends. And the defense they are facing.
User avatar
Saint Lazarus
Veteran
Posts: 2,693
And1: 4,582
Joined: May 20, 2018
Location: Vancouver --> Hong Kong

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1276 » by Saint Lazarus » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:27 am

BillTheGOAT wrote:What happened after week 10 and what we know.

AFC East is still up for grabs after the Bills lost.

Miami and Buffalo are only two games ahead of the Pats in the win column.

Pats are 2.5 GB Buffalo for the AFC East title.

Pats are 2 GB of one of the Wild Card spots (Pats got the tie-breaker over Las Vegas, Baltimore and lead season series over Miami.

Five teams in the WC race have a 6-3 record, with AFC south still up in the air (Colts-Titans 6-3), AFC north (Ravens-Browns 6-3). Steelers likely winning the AFC north.

Pats have the 14th hardest schedule for the remainder of the season.

Teams that always find a way to lose (Browns) will probably do just that and play themselves out of the playoff race.

Raiders are probably like Cleveland in that regard, they always lose in the end.

It will probably come down to Patriots, Browns, Raiders, Dolphins for the 7th seed. Baltimore and one of Titans/Colts will get the 5th/6th seeds.

Buffalo has the advantage for now being 3-0 in the division.

It will be close, but never bet against Belichick.

Image
Image

dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
User avatar
Kemba For Three
RealGM
Posts: 12,444
And1: 21,922
Joined: Jan 03, 2018
       

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1277 » by Kemba For Three » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:55 am

Wasn't expecting a win, Rams are good. But yeah total major ick. :uhoh:
User avatar
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
Posts: 24,385
And1: 14,986
Joined: Mar 04, 2009
Location: Rio De Janeiro, Brasil...
     

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1278 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:44 am

Few weeks ago Russell Wilson threw 2 INT and 0 TD's, 240 yards against these dudes.

Blaming Cam is so easy..

Not saying he's good or isn't a problem, but unless you had like Mahomes or Rodgers there was not much you could do here. O Line blocking ghosts, McDaniels calling 5 straight running plays 5 yards away from the end zone, receivers very rarely create separation.. Defense let their running game go HAM. A lot of issues all around.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
User avatar
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 21,593
And1: 10,344
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Location: Atlantic Champs OMG OMG OMG!

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1279 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:06 am

I wonder if Edelman plays another snap in a Patriots uniform now. No reason to come back from this knee injury with the playoff picture all but closed. He looked washed to start this season and would be a small dead cap hit to cut in the offseason. Life comes at you fast.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
User avatar
ParticleMan
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 14,148
And1: 6,523
Joined: Sep 16, 2004
     

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1280 » by ParticleMan » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:07 am

from full perform to full rebuild in 2 years.

well now hopefully it's obvious this season is lost and we can bench cam, play the kids, and see what we have going forward. calling tank commander stidham, report to david andrews' backside stat.

Return to Boston Celtics