ImageImageImage

General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2

Moderators: Froob, sully00, The Comedian, Parliament10, ParticleMan, djFan71, canman1971

User avatar
BillTheGOAT
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,448
And1: 1,272
Joined: Oct 23, 2008
 

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#721 » by BillTheGOAT » Fri May 8, 2020 10:32 am

Read on Twitter
User avatar
ParticleMan
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 13,873
And1: 5,764
Joined: Sep 16, 2004
     

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#722 » by ParticleMan » Fri May 8, 2020 1:35 pm

oof. #1 strength of schedule in the NFL.
goodell piling on lol.
User avatar
31to6
RealGM
Posts: 13,126
And1: 15,368
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: all your picks

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#723 » by 31to6 » Fri May 8, 2020 6:38 pm

ParticleMan wrote:oof. #1 strength of schedule in the NFL.
goodell piling on lol.


surprised they couldn't squeeze a game at the Saints and one in Green Bay in there too.

I think I'm going to randomly hang my hat on whether or not we beat the Texans this year. That's my (totally arbitrary) season right there.
KGboss
RealGM
Posts: 20,532
And1: 9,017
Joined: Mar 03, 2011
Location: Boston Garden
       

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#724 » by KGboss » Fri May 8, 2020 9:04 pm

Rooting for that #1 draft pick!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
User avatar
Disinformation
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,943
And1: 2,483
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
   

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#725 » by Disinformation » Sat May 9, 2020 6:37 pm

31to6 wrote:
ParticleMan wrote:oof. #1 strength of schedule in the NFL.
goodell piling on lol.


surprised they couldn't squeeze a game at the Saints and one in Green Bay in there too.

I think I'm going to randomly hang my hat on whether or not we beat the Texans this year. That's my (totally arbitrary) season right there.

You guys realize that all but two opponents on a team's schedule a set years ahead of time, right? And those other two opponents are based on your record the previous year.

I hate Goodell as much as anyone but this wasn't his doing.
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2019 Offseason

1) **** Kyrie Irving.
2) We missed our window to true contention and it's time to take a step back, get assets, and set up for the next run.

Kemba Walker - Nikola Vucevic - D'angelo Russell
User avatar
ParticleMan
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 13,873
And1: 5,764
Joined: Sep 16, 2004
     

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#726 » by ParticleMan » Sun May 10, 2020 5:09 pm

Disinformation wrote:
31to6 wrote:
ParticleMan wrote:oof. #1 strength of schedule in the NFL.
goodell piling on lol.


surprised they couldn't squeeze a game at the Saints and one in Green Bay in there too.

I think I'm going to randomly hang my hat on whether or not we beat the Texans this year. That's my (totally arbitrary) season right there.

You guys realize that all but two opponents on a team's schedule a set years ahead of time, right? And those other two opponents are based on your record the previous year.

I hate Goodell as much as anyone but this wasn't his doing.


i know, i was kidding. it's going to be a rough year in any case. i'll be happy if we're above .500.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
Posts: 23,962
And1: 10,702
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

OT: Sad deaths at Carl Crawford's house 

Post#727 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue May 19, 2020 5:37 pm

I thought there was a thread on "Other Boston Sports", and if I'd found that I'd have posted this there. Mods please feel free to merge this into any thread you see fit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/05/19/womens-football-team-mourns-loss-player-who-drowned-with-5-year-old-ex-mlb-stars-pool/

It's a weird story. Carl Crawford, former Red Sox outfielder, now has a music business, which sometimes shoots videos and so on at his house. A kid fell into the pool in his backyard and was drowning. A woman said to be a good swimmer went in after him to pull him out. Somehow the woman and child both died.

And by the way, isn't Crawford both:
-- A young-Earth creationist.
-- The coiner of the somewhat homophobic moniker "Curly-Haired Boyfriend"?
threrf23
RealGM
Posts: 13,103
And1: 2,511
Joined: Mar 22, 2004
Contact:

Re: OT: Sad deaths at Carl Crawford's house 

Post#728 » by threrf23 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:19 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
And by the way, isn't Crawford both:
-- A young-Earth creationist.
-- The coiner of the somewhat homophobic moniker "Curly-Haired Boyfriend"?


Google tells me you are confusing Carl Crawford with Carl Everett.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
Posts: 23,962
And1: 10,702
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: OT: Sad deaths at Carl Crawford's house 

Post#729 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue May 19, 2020 9:59 pm

threrf23 wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
And by the way, isn't Crawford both:
-- A young-Earth creationist.
-- The coiner of the somewhat homophobic moniker "Curly-Haired Boyfriend"?


Google tells me you are confusing Carl Crawford with Carl Everett.


Thanks! That makes more sense ...
threrf23
RealGM
Posts: 13,103
And1: 2,511
Joined: Mar 22, 2004
Contact:

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#730 » by threrf23 » Sun Jun 7, 2020 6:58 pm

Read on Twitter
threrf23
RealGM
Posts: 13,103
And1: 2,511
Joined: Mar 22, 2004
Contact:

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#731 » by threrf23 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:17 am

Read on Twitter


(edit - a separate thread was already posted for this, deal is "incentive laden")

Return to Boston Celtics