ImageImageImage

General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2

Moderators: sully00, djFan71, ParticleMan, Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

User avatar
BillTheGOAT
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,971
And1: 1,869
Joined: Oct 23, 2008
 

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#841 » by BillTheGOAT » Sat Oct 3, 2020 5:58 pm

This ruined my weekend.

Cam is having a great year thus far. Now he'll be out until week 7? If they postpone week 4.

On the flip side having an extra bye week this season is crucial for this team.
User avatar
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,487
And1: 8,505
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Location: Atlantic Champs OMG OMG OMG!

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#842 » by Bleeding Green » Sat Oct 3, 2020 7:25 pm

Realistically if you have this many players starting to test positive then the season isn't going to last to week 7. Always look on the bright side of life.


NFL had 6 months to build a protocol. The protocol at this point is just push through as best you can. They can't even get the teams to agree to not have fans in the stands. Or to get the coaches to wear a mask for a couple hours straight.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
User avatar
BillTheGOAT
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,971
And1: 1,869
Joined: Oct 23, 2008
 

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#843 » by BillTheGOAT » Sun Oct 4, 2020 5:23 pm

Pats-Chiefs will be moved to monday at 7:05 PM ET on CBS.

Sucks for the Pats to have Hoyer out there. And also for ESPN because their MNF game is moved to 8:50 PM ET.

NFL really missed this thing up, should have been played later in the season as a marquee match up and to avoid colliding with MNF.

Guess they have no respect for ESPN at all, nor the Patriots for that matter.
User avatar
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
Posts: 31,187
And1: 60,146
Joined: Sep 22, 2012
Location: Parody Account
 

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#844 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Oct 4, 2020 6:37 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
BillTheGOAT
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,971
And1: 1,869
Joined: Oct 23, 2008
 

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#845 » by BillTheGOAT » Mon Oct 5, 2020 4:42 pm

Sony Michel is out Tonight (quad)

James White will be back
Damien Harris might be re-activated off IR

Brian Hoyer will start...ugh


If to believe reports everywhere basically. Could be a Belichick mind tricking Andy Reid to come up with a game plan for Hoyer. He is a known commodity and lots of game tape on him while there’s almost nothing on Stidham other than Auburn.

Patriots 11 pt underdogs, I think they beat the spread.

Chiefs 27
Patriots 20
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
Posts: 10,834
And1: 14,522
Joined: Jan 27, 2012
     

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#846 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Mon Oct 5, 2020 5:04 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:Realistically if you have this many players starting to test positive then the season isn't going to last to week 7. Always look on the bright side of life.


NFL had 6 months to build a protocol. The protocol at this point is just push through as best you can. They can't even get the teams to agree to not have fans in the stands. Or to get the coaches to wear a mask for a couple hours straight.

Yeah I'm not surprised whatsoever
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,487
And1: 8,505
Joined: Feb 28, 2005
Location: Atlantic Champs OMG OMG OMG!

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#847 » by Bleeding Green » Mon Oct 5, 2020 6:35 pm

BillTheGOAT wrote:Sony Michel is out Tonight (quad)

James White will be back
Damien Harris might be re-activated off IR

Brian Hoyer will start...ugh


If to believe reports everywhere basically. Could be a Belichick mind tricking Andy Reid to come up with a game plan for Hoyer. He is a known commodity and lots of game tape on him while there’s almost nothing on Stidham other than Auburn.

Patriots 11 pt underdogs, I think they beat the spread.

Chiefs 27
Patriots 20

Hoyer is def starting. Stidham has been inactive all year. Maybe if Newton were out for the year they'd look at Stidham, but for a game or two, it's Hoyer.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 11,108
And1: 3,967
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#848 » by wco81 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 7:02 pm

So is Cam going to be away from the training facility for 2 weeks so he would be out 3 weeks?
User avatar
BillTheGOAT
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,971
And1: 1,869
Joined: Oct 23, 2008
 

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#849 » by BillTheGOAT » Mon Oct 5, 2020 7:13 pm

wco81 wrote:So is Cam going to be away from the training facility for 2 weeks so he would be out 3 weeks?

Could be back for Broncos game week 5, if he tests negative later this week.
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 28,842
And1: 29,460
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#850 » by Parliament10 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 9:15 pm

NE Patriots – Season Game Thread, 2020-21
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=1997007

Hey guys, if you can, take a gander over on the Patriots Board.
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 28,842
And1: 29,460
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#851 » by Parliament10 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 9:35 pm

BillTheGOAT wrote:
wco81 wrote:So is Cam going to be away from the training facility for 2 weeks so he would be out 3 weeks?

Could be back for Broncos game week 5, if he tests negative later this week.

I thought that it was like a 14-day Quarantine?
Then you have to test negative a 2nd time, 24 hours after the first negative?
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
User avatar
BillTheGOAT
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,971
And1: 1,869
Joined: Oct 23, 2008
 

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#852 » by BillTheGOAT » Mon Oct 5, 2020 10:22 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
BillTheGOAT wrote:
wco81 wrote:So is Cam going to be away from the training facility for 2 weeks so he would be out 3 weeks?

Could be back for Broncos game week 5, if he tests negative later this week.

I thought that it was like a 14-day Quarantine?
Then you have to test negative a 2nd time, 24 hours after the first negative?

tom pelissero tweeted something yesterday or saturday, it was on NBC sports Boston but cant find it now. Basically its the best case scenario.


Edit found it
Read on Twitter


https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/how-much-time-could-cam-newton-miss-patriots-covid-19reserve-list

symptoms of COVID-19:

1• If Newton is asymptomatic, he can return five days after his initial positive test IF he returns two consecutive negative PCR tests at least 24 hours apart. This is the one scenario where Newton could play next Sunday against the Broncos.


2• If Newton is asymptomatic, he can return 10 days after his initial positive test. That would mean he'd also miss New England's Week 5 game versus Denver.


3• If Newton is symptomatic, he can return 10 days after his initial positive test IF at least 72 hours have passed since he last showed symptoms.

All three scenarios require clearance by a team physician and consultation with the NFL's Chief Medical Officer before Newton's return.
User avatar
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
Posts: 23,979
And1: 14,263
Joined: Mar 04, 2009
Location: Rio De Janeiro, Brasil...
     

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#853 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 11:45 pm

Hoyer is like plucking a random fan out of the stands and making him throw. Lol
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
User avatar
BillTheGOAT
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,971
And1: 1,869
Joined: Oct 23, 2008
 

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#854 » by BillTheGOAT » Tue Oct 6, 2020 12:07 am

My stream got down what happened there when Mahomes fumbled and the Chiefs punted?
User avatar
GoCeltics123
RealGM
Posts: 10,902
And1: 17,366
Joined: May 05, 2015
         

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#855 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Oct 6, 2020 12:21 am

BillTheGOAT wrote:My stream got down what happened there when Mahomes fumbled and the Chiefs punted?

bull call is what happened, they called it a **** sack and initially an incomplete pass, just awful
The greatest movie bet of all time:

"I want the Celtics to cover, I want Celtics halftime, I want Garnett points and rebounds."

I lost the bet so I Hate Truth18
User avatar
GoCeltics123
RealGM
Posts: 10,902
And1: 17,366
Joined: May 05, 2015
         

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#856 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Oct 6, 2020 12:22 am

Hoyer is so bad. So bad. So **** bad. McDaniels is a lot of the time too.

Terrible refs. Terrible QB play. Only down 3. But just awful offense.
The greatest movie bet of all time:

"I want the Celtics to cover, I want Celtics halftime, I want Garnett points and rebounds."

I lost the bet so I Hate Truth18
KGboss
RealGM
Posts: 20,943
And1: 9,703
Joined: Mar 03, 2011
Location: Boston Garden
       

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#857 » by KGboss » Tue Oct 6, 2020 12:24 am

They should've just kicked the FG at the end and tied it up.

Lots of missed opportunities that quarter.

Defense is going to need to carry

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
User avatar
BillTheGOAT
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,971
And1: 1,869
Joined: Oct 23, 2008
 

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#858 » by BillTheGOAT » Tue Oct 6, 2020 12:26 am

GoCeltics123 wrote:Hoyer is so bad. So bad. So **** bad. McDaniels is a lot of the time too.

Terrible refs. Terrible QB play. Only down 3. But just awful offense.
mcdaniels got too greedy, just Spike the ball and get 3 pts, then get the ball to start the 2nd half.

all in all, im sensing an upset tonight..
User avatar
GoCeltics123
RealGM
Posts: 10,902
And1: 17,366
Joined: May 05, 2015
         

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#859 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Oct 6, 2020 12:28 am

Read on Twitter
/photo/1
The greatest movie bet of all time:

"I want the Celtics to cover, I want Celtics halftime, I want Garnett points and rebounds."

I lost the bet so I Hate Truth18
User avatar
greenroom31
Head Coach
Posts: 6,422
And1: 7,539
Joined: Nov 06, 2004

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#860 » by greenroom31 » Tue Oct 6, 2020 12:31 am

Read on Twitter


https://giphy.com/gifs/larry-david-NlR0RF1v972Mw

Return to Boston Celtics