ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (4.0) *Non-Celtics Talk*

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Re: Around the NBA (4.0) *Non-Celtics Talk* 

Post#101 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Yikes, looks like Joel Embiid’s knee might be seriously messed up.

Nate Duncan once speculated that Philly may have gone all in this year because theyre worried about Embiid long term and im guessing he’s right there. You just hate to see that.
AlCelticFan
General Manager
And1: 6,470

Post#102 » by AlCelticFan » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:09 pm

Taget wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Really Kings? Now you’re gonna pull this crap?

As a Celtics fan I support this. The bastard may have cost us a good draft pick with his selfish desire to see his team win. :nonono:

Sometimes, winning isn't winning.

:lol:
La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,105

Post#103 » by La Flame » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:35 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:Yikes, looks like Joel Embiid’s knee might be seriously messed up.

Nate Duncan once speculated that Philly may have gone all in this year because theyre worried about Embiid long term and im guessing he’s right there. You just hate to see that.

If they were truly worried about long term, would've been way smarter to trade him
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#104 » by Taget » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:43 pm

La Flame wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:Yikes, looks like Joel Embiid’s knee might be seriously messed up.

If they were truly worried about long term, would've been way smarter to trade him

Given his health concerns going back to even before he was drafted how much would you offer for him? Keeping in mind he had playing restrictions to safeguard his health throughout his entire career. They wouldn't get anything even remotely close for him. And when he is healthy he is one of the best. Seems a risk at this point they almost have to take.

I feel awful for him because he has so much talent and has been playing with a deck stacked against him.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,105

Post#105 » by La Flame » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:07 pm

Taget wrote:
La Flame wrote:

Given his health concerns going back to even before he was drafted how much would you offer for him? Keeping in mind he had playing restrictions to safeguard his health throughout his entire career. They wouldn't get anything even remotely close for him. And when he is healthy he is one of the best. Seems a risk at this point they almost have to take.

I feel awful for him because he has so much talent and has been playing with a deck stacked against him.

There is definitely a team or two out there that would give a moderatly good package for him so Sixers could build around Simmons. Pels would have given AD for him easily. He was mostly healthy last year and this year.
Embiid's playstyle though imo is not well suited for the modern game, personally I'd take KAT over Embiid 9/10 times
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,657

Post#106 » by NuckyPowell » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:17 pm

Walton and Lakers part ways. It's done now.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#107 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:21 pm

M Williams and T Lue strong candidates to replace Luke....
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#108 » by Disinformation » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:30 pm

NuckyPowell wrote:Walton and Lakers part ways. It's done now.

New Lakers power structure:

LeBron
|
Jeannie Buss
|
Rob Pelinka or whoever they replace him with
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#109 » by Roddy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:32 pm

I could see Walton going to Sacramento.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,314

Post#110 » by Homerclease » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:34 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#111 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:36 pm

David Griffin is about to become the GM of the Pels. Here comes AD!!!
NuckyPowell
General Manager

Post#112 » by NuckyPowell » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:47 pm

Roddy wrote:I could see Walton going to Sacramento.

I'm guessing Walton to Sac, and Monty Williams to Lakers. Pulled directly from my ***
NuckyPowell
General Manager

Post#113 » by NuckyPowell » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:48 pm

We lost the first one. Our pick is 22.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#114 » by Dannyboy36 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:49 pm

Triple7 wrote:
Dannyboy36 wrote:
Iguodaladon wrote:I've been thinking about it and Magic can't have just quit out of the blue like that. Jeanie must have 'fired' him in that 3 hour meeting the day before, but gave him the chance to leave on his own terms and save face. Magic then cooked up the story about just deciding to leave and not telling anyone. I can't believe that a man as confident and charismatic as Magic with a good reputation with the owner would just bail without mentioning anything

I thought it seemed a totally Magic thing to do. He thinks the world revolves around him. Most sensible people will see a guy quitting in front of a mic and not face to face as incredibly unprofessional. It’s so embarrassing. Even though I liked that it made the Lakers look bad my mouth dropped when he said Jeanie didn’t know. Something like this SHOULD really damage a guy’s rep. It’s so childish. But Magic isn’t the smartest guy either.

I think its the opposite. He knows he **** up the last 2 years, with the way he handled the PG situation, and most recently, the AD debacle. He also maybe just found out how players really doesn’t want to play with lebron, and that it would be a tall task to convince superstar fa’s to join him. I think he knows he can’t turn this franchise around, and that he’s just saving himself the embarrassment when things don’t pan out this off season.

Oh, I agree with with you on all of that. Smart move to get out. I just meant the way he did it was so unprofessional and ( IMO) shameful . I just meant I don’t think he’s a smart guy so was giving him the benefit of the doubt that he’s a dummy so he may not see how shameful it is.
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,990

Post#115 » by Floody100 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:50 pm

The Lakers have basically become the Cavs when Lebron was their.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man

Post#116 » by Dannyboy36 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:59 pm

Yeah. I don’t worry much about other teams injuries. We’ve had some bad luck thru the years. But yeah, I hope it’s not something bad. The NBA has lost so many good centers early to injury. It’s a bummer.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,535

Post#117 » by KGtabake » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:45 pm

How is it possible for the Lakers to be such a circus?
I won't be surprised at all if they hire Lue, then a new POBO comes and fires Pelinka. Circus.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man

Post#118 » by Dannyboy36 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:14 am

Taget wrote:
La Flame wrote:

Yeah. Imagine if Embiid never had a knee issue. When I first saw him in college I was wowed by his Hakeem type of movement under the basket. I just hadn't seen that in so long and here is this young college kid looking so smooth and instinctual.
As a fan of pro ball it would suck to lose another top big man. It’s crazy to think age wise Greg Oden could still be playing now if he didn’t have the shorter leg. I’m bummed I never got to see how great he could have been.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,535

Post#119 » by KGtabake » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:17 am

Hopefully the Lakers will not interview Messina. He's way too serious and professional for them.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
LondonCeltics
Senior
And1: 502

Post#120 » by LondonCeltics » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:31 am

Magic quits yet another contract of employment that is just too hard for him (4 - being this job, coach of the Lakers, and 2 media roles).

I understand that if you’ve been a superstar then you don’t need to prove anything but then a persuasive counter argument is: don’t take on a job you weren’t really serious about in the first place so that somebody else could have had a serious crack at it, you washed up overweight has been fake Hollywood twat.

I’m not bitter.

Return to Boston Celtics