ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (4.0) *Non-Celtics Talk*

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

GregB
RealGM
And1: 2,975

Re: Around the NBA (4.0) *Non-Celtics Talk* 

Post#1621 » by GregB » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:27 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

I hate it for lots of reasons, but if we want to punt our available cap space for like forever, Hayward and the bucks pick for Griffin makes sense for roster make up. He needs to be put on a serious Load management program.

No back to backs. I'd say maybe 60 games played total.

I think we bet on Gordon for now. But I could see a deal for Griffin or Love in our future. It would certainly benefit roster balance as well.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Post#1622 » by Darth Celtic » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:37 pm

Just realized the Suns signed Frank the Tank Kaminsky for 2 years, 5m a year. That same team is paying Booker 27m with max raises for 5 years. Poopsmalone's head must be exploding right now after all those years of claiming Frank had the same value as Booker.

Rest his banned soul.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,401

Post#1623 » by threrf23 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:53 pm

Read on Twitter
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,702

Post#1624 » by Tatumfor2 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:15 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

If you can guarantee health id be all for it...we can’t and he won’t be so hard pass and I’m sure u agree

Death, Taxes, and Blake Griffin injuries...
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#1625 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:36 pm

Blake was limping around at the end of this season. Not really capable of being the rebounder/defender at the 4 spot that the Celtics need. He can make plays and score, but the Celtics already have those 2 things covered. Would want no part of Blake unless the Pistons sent us a pick or two.
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,991

Post#1626 » by Floody100 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:22 am

GregB wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

I hate it for lots of reasons, but if we want to punt our available cap space for like forever, Hayward and the bucks pick for Griffin makes sense for roster make up. He needs to be put on a serious Load management program.

I think we bet on Gordon for now. But I could see a deal for Griffin or Love in our future. It would certainly benefit roster balance as well.

It does allow Tatum to play the 3 though.
Raptors took a punt on Kawhi even with his injury history. While the injuries are an issue the dude has matured a hell of a lot especially in that Milwaukee series where he put his team before himself, came back injured & played his heart out even when Pistons had near to no chance of beating the bucks. I’ve noticed he’s someone who’s trying to improve his game each year & he also did a decent job defensively on Giannis considering he was basically playing on one leg.
Obviously we’d have to put him on a load management plan like Kawhi but I wouldn’t mind it if Pistons were willing to take Gordon.
Theocy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,428

Post#1627 » by Theocy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:51 am

Floody100 wrote:
GregB wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:I hate it for lots of reasons, but if we want to punt our available cap space for like forever, Hayward and the bucks pick for Griffin makes sense for roster make up. He needs to be put on a serious Load management program.

It does allow Tatum to play the 3 though.
Raptors took a punt on Kawhi even with his injury history. While the injuries are an issue the dude has matured a hell of a lot especially in that Milwaukee series where he put his team before himself, came back injured & played his heart out even when Pistons had near to no chance of beating the bucks. I’ve noticed he’s someone who’s trying to improve his game each year & he also did a decent job defensively on Giannis considering he was basically playing on one leg.
Obviously we’d have to put him on a load management plan like Kawhi but I wouldn’t mind it if Pistons were willing to take Gordon.

I always liked Blake the player. Dude can ball and while his freak athleticism isn't there anymore he added a lot to his game. Thing is he is approaching that age minor injuries aren't minor anymore. It's probably going all in on him and hoping that Kemba brown Tatum Blake and Kanter would blend well enough for a title run. Barring health issues that's not so far fetched.
klemen4
Head Coach
And1: 1,927

Post#1628 » by klemen4 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:08 am

If we do not plain to be a FA player in summer of 2021 than it makes sense trading Hayward for Blake/Love.
“The only important statistic is the final score.” — Bill Russell
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1629 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:18 pm

Seeing Tobias Harris and James Ennis talk about how theyre going to win the east easily reminds me so much of last seasons Celtics team. I hope the similarities continue thoroughly throughout the season.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#1630 » by 3D Chess » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:27 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:Seeing Tobias Harris and James Ennis talk about how theyre going to win the east easily reminds me so much of last seasons Celtics team. I hope the similarities continue thoroughly throughout the season.

Al was the bad egg all along!
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1631 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:34 pm

3D Chess wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:Seeing Tobias Harris and James Ennis talk about how theyre going to win the east easily reminds me so much of last seasons Celtics team. I hope the similarities continue thoroughly throughout the season.

I do wonder how certain guys on that roster will adjust to new roles. Namely, will Richardson be okay with going from the first option to the fifth option? Or Simmons having the ball significantly less than he would like, with Horford stealing playmaking opportunities?
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,991

Post#1632 » by Floody100 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:36 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
3D Chess wrote:

I do wonder how certain guys on that roster will adjust to new roles. Namely, will Richardson be okay with going from the first option to the fifth option? Or Simmons having the ball significantly less than he would like, with Horford stealing playmaking opportunities?

It just feels like their going to have the same problems we did.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant

Post#1633 » by 3D Chess » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:55 pm

Rich Paul throwing Mook under the bus on his way out lol
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1634 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:04 pm

3D Chess wrote:Rich Paul throwing Mook under the bus on his way out lol

I said this as soon as word came wind of their parting: Rich Paul fired him and let Morris win the initial PR, similar to what Fegan did with Deandre Jordan.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant

Post#1635 » by 3D Chess » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:12 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:

I said this as soon as word came wind of their parting: Rich Paul fired him and let Morris win the initial PR, similar to what Fegan did with Deandre Jordan.

Yeah I just read into it a little more, does seem like Mook is the one in the wrong. I have no idea why he didn't take the bag from the Clippers. To turn down the Spurs for the New York Power Forwards was just icing on the cake.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#1636 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:40 pm

klemen4 wrote:If we do not plain to be a FA player in summer of 2021 than it makes sense trading Hayward for Blake/Love.

Other than those 2 are always injured and can’t stay on the court....yea it makes sense.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,999

Post#1637 » by 31to6 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:51 pm

klemen4 wrote:If we do not plain to be a FA player in summer of 2021 than it makes sense trading Hayward for Blake/Love.

Love is ghastly defensively and always has been, plus is signed for two years beyond Blake.

I’d be ALL FOR a Hayward/Blake trade but don’t know why DET would be.

(Ironically we debated Blake/Hayward as FA targets that summer, back when Danny posted a picture of a whale on a beach and we’re all like WHAT DOES IT MEAN:)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#1638 » by CeltsfaninDC » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:10 pm

Are we really going to believe this Rich Paul spin? Was he really acting in Mook’s best interests or was he working for client #1 by pushing him towards certain deals? I don’t believe anything Paul says and I certainly think its easy to draw a line between him trying to steer certain guys to certain teams because that is what would be better for Bron. How can anyone take him seriously as an agent?
Taget
Analyst
And1: 2,628

Post#1639 » by Taget » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:26 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:

LBJ and Rich Paul are shady as hell. But still the simplest answer is probably the correct one. Mook reneged on his deal with San Antonio. If an agent cannot guarantee those pre-signing period deals are set in stone teams are going to be wary of dealing with them hurting both the agent and any clients who sign with them. After Morris' decision to go to New York and break his word Rich Paul had no choice but to drop Morris.

That said Mook was probably hoping that he could join Lebron with the Lakers. Unfortunately for him LeGM had other ideas.
[quote:545636310b="Darth Celtic"]man, these refs need to stop giving us the benefit of the doubt and start screwing us.[/quote]

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,864

Post#1640 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:46 pm

Pick Your Scoresome Foursome (this doesn't deserve its own thread lol):
◎ Davis, Lebron, Kuzma, Boogie
◎ Kawhi, George, LouWill, Montrez
◎ Kemba, Tatum, Hayward, Brown
◎ Embiid, Simmons, Harris, Richardson
◎ Mitchell, Conley, Gobert, Bogdanovic
◎ Harden, Westbrook, Capela, Gordon