ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (4.0) *Non-Celtics Talk*

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

2Mas
Head Coach
And1: 3,996

Re: Around the NBA (4.0) *Non-Celtics Talk* 

Post#201 » by 2Mas » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:23 pm

Iguodaladon wrote:Feel so bad for players like Cousins and IT4 who play so well only to crumble with injuries just before they can cash out

Did you see the Showtime Doc on Cousins? The Resurgence I think? It aired Sunday night for him to hurt himself on Monday :nonono:

Tore his achilles in Jan, lost a baby in the summer, lost his gma in the fall, comes back in Jan. Now torn quad the following april.

Sucks so bad. I'm a big Cousins guy. He's not perfect, but i love him. Think he's incredibly misread.
Iguodaladon
Pro Prospect
And1: 954

Post#202 » by Iguodaladon » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:16 pm

2Mas wrote:
Iguodaladon wrote:Feel so bad for players like Cousins and IT4 who play so well only to crumble with injuries just before they can cash out

Did you see the Showtime Doc on Cousins? The Resurgence I think? It aired Sunday night for him to hurt himself on Monday :nonono:

Tore his achilles in Jan, lost a baby in the summer, lost his gma in the fall, comes back in Jan. Now torn quad the following april.

Sucks so bad. I'm a big Cousins guy. He's not perfect, but i love him. Think he's incredibly misread.

Ooft didn't know all that had happened- I'm a big Cousins fan too, really wanted him on the Celtics before. Shame to see him go down with another severe injury like this
Obama to Zach Lavine: ‘I used to be able to get up like you back in the day.’
Jaren Jackson Jr on Doncic: 'I thought he was a myth'
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,832

Post#203 » by bucknersrevenge » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:04 pm

This has all the feel of someone whose body is finally catching up with him. I don't know the science but Cousins has been carrying all this weight for so long. Yeah he's in basketball shape but the last few years it felt like to me he really let himself go. I don't think he ever took that part of his career seriously and now it's really hurting him.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#204 » by Kefa461 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:53 am

WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#205 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:07 am

Iguodaladon wrote:
2Mas wrote:

Ooft didn't know all that had happened- I'm a big Cousins fan too, really wanted him on the Celtics before. Shame to see him go down with another severe injury like this

Third as a big Cousins guy. Thought pre injury he was one of the few MVP level best player you can win a ring with type players.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM

Post#206 » by bucknersrevenge » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:24 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
Iguodaladon wrote:
2Mas wrote:Did you see the Showtime Doc on Cousins? The Resurgence I think? It aired Sunday night for him to hurt himself on Monday :nonono:

Third as a big Cousins guy. Thought pre injury he was one of the few MVP level best player you can win a ring with type players.

What in his career has ever led anyone to believe that he is MVP-caliber or capable of winning a ring?

celticfan42487
RealGM

Post#207 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:43 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
Iguodaladon wrote:

What in his career has ever led anyone to believe that he is MVP-caliber or capable of winning a ring?

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/4258/demarcus-cousins
bucknersrevenge
RealGM

Post#208 » by bucknersrevenge » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:08 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:

I don't know. I just see a bunch of empty numbers that have never contributed to winning anything.

celticfan42487
RealGM

Post#209 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:20 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

I don't know. I just see a bunch of empty numbers that have never contributed to winning anything.

Kinda figured how that argument would go.

But a simple question gets a simple response. Not much to be gained here.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM

Post#210 » by bucknersrevenge » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:25 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

celticfan42487
RealGM

Post#211 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:04 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

No lie, and yes this is EXTREMELY off topic. But **** Punisher on Netflix is sooooooooo much better than it has any right to be!

I've even been telling my coworkers about it but I don't think any of them have given it a shot haha
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#212 » by Roddy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:10 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

Just like Antony Davis.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,392

Post#213 » by K For Three » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:19 am

Roddy wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

Just like Antony Davis.

My biggest concern about AD is actually summed up in this one short clip.

Read on Twitter
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#214 » by sam_I_am » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:03 pm

Ben Simmons was a beast last night. A glimpse into how good he could be even without a jump shot. He still has a long way to go before he can do that against a defender Ike Kawai. That matchup will be fun to watch.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#215 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:18 pm

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
2Mas
Head Coach

Post#216 » by 2Mas » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:03 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

Agreed. Worst argument in sports.

Kyrie was empty numbers cause he was on a 30 win team. Bron goes there they win 55 games & now its not empty? lol

AD won 48 games last yr & they weren't empty stats. But the year before they were empty cause they won 34 games.

Devin Booker is the new king of empty stats. You put him on Brooklyn in Dlo's role, or utah in DMitch's role, & what changes? Now its not empty stats anymore.

DeRozan was an empty stats guy. Then they were the 1 seed how many years in the east? Are they still empty?

Just such a dumb argument.
2Mas
Head Coach

Post#217 » by 2Mas » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:10 pm

sam_I_am wrote:Ben Simmons was a beast last night. A glimpse into how good he could be even without a jump shot. He still has a long way to go before he can do that against a defender Ike Kawai. That matchup will be fun to watch.

Once again. Ben Simmons is a Power Forward!

When he's around the rim he's a monster. Just go small. Ben just kills. I honestly love Ben Simmons. He got the annoying Blake Griffin face & his attitude seems like someone should smack him up a bit, but I love his game.

Just hang around the rim. Play inside out. don't rot on the perimeter.

Next year they really need a stretch 5. Lock Embiid into 30-32mpg & those 16mins where he's not on the court, it should be Ben & a stretch 5 the entire time.
celticfan42487
RealGM

Post#218 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:50 pm

2Mas wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:Ben Simmons was a beast last night. A glimpse into how good he could be even without a jump shot. He still has a long way to go before he can do that against a defender Ike Kawai. That matchup will be fun to watch.

When he's around the rim he's a monster. Just go small. Ben just kills. I honestly love Ben Simmons. He got the annoying Blake Griffin face & his attitude seems like someone should smack him up a bit, but I love his game.

Next year they really need a stretch 5. Lock Embiid into 30-32mpg & those 16mins where he's not on the court, it should be Ben & a stretch 5 the entire time.

Also harks back to exactly what I posted 2 days ago.

Embiid and Simmons are not modern NBA players. You can get away with one on your team if they're good enough but not 2.

This is what Simmons can be if he has a team built around him. We already see what Embiid can do without an ideal fit.

One needs to go to unlock their true potential as a player. Or Embiid needs to turn into a stretch 5 when Simmons is on the court ala the way Horford plays. Then go back to those 16 minutes of pure dominace of the usage rate without Simmons on the court so he has the space he needs to goto work.

Sadly Embiid is too stupid/too egotistical to ever do what is right for the team at the expense of his own personal glory.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#219 » by sam_I_am » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:58 pm

2Mas wrote:

He’s better without Embiid. Both he and Embiid would be better surrounded by shooters to give them space.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM

Post#220 » by bucknersrevenge » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:11 pm

Roddy wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

Just like Antony Davis.

I suppose I did walk right into that.

But I will say that unlike Cousins, Davis has been to the playoffs, won a round and been in the MVP discussion. Cousins has never approached that.

Return to Boston Celtics