ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (4.0) *Non-Celtics Talk*

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Re: Around the NBA (4.0) *Non-Celtics Talk* 

Post#581 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Jun 6, 2019 8:40 pm

Either we just got f*cked or the Nets just Knicksed themselves
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#582 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Jun 6, 2019 8:42 pm

Read on Twitter
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,112

Post#583 » by Darthlukey » Thu Jun 6, 2019 8:50 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Either we just got f*cked or the Nets just Knicksed themselves

They will get two players, but in the end it's all about which two players. Kyrie and kd, or Jimmy and Harris, for example?
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,858

Post#584 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Jun 6, 2019 9:40 pm

All that remains in the Rondo trade to Dallas: Ojeleye & Yabusele with Celtics, Dwight Powell with Mavs (reported to likely sign an extension).
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#585 » by captain green » Fri Jun 7, 2019 12:14 am

Nets don't know how to trade apparently. But this move means they are getting 2 players now and I think one will have the letter e in the name.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
Celtics_History_Lesson
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,267

Post#586 » by Celtics_History_Lesson » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:13 am

The fix is in, there has been so much tampering and scheming going on and Boston is the victim.

Go back nearly a decade, same thing.

Clearing Cap Space: Heat Trade Daequan Cook, 18th Pick In NBA Draft To Thunder For 32nd Pick

This sounds like the exact same thing, all the colluding years before at Team USA and and All-Star Games and offseason and through agents and sneaky team representatives. The Nets sending out two picks to move salary, they either know something is certain or they are listening to some media who say something is certain.

Similar headlines too.

Nets trade Allen Crabbe to Hawks in cap-clearing move

Hawks now have 6 draft picks. 76ers have 5, Boston with 4. Three teams, 15 out of 60.

Kemba Knicks, Irving Nets, Charlotte won't get worse and Boston will get happier which may mean more team success, maybe. Maybe not.

Nets have failed doing this before, and that they have to pay Deron Williams next season shows that. Point guards don't win titles in the NBA, they just get the publicity.

Free agent Rondo, a pass-first point guard, Boston can try that. Obviously keeping Wanamaker and starting him sounds better.

Hawks have no salary for 2020-21.

Next offseason they will be handing out the money.

Next season they play their youth, their many picks, and wait for Bazemore, bad Plumlee and crabby Crabbe to expire their deals.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,018

Post#587 » by London2Boston » Fri Jun 7, 2019 6:04 am

If Nets are bringing in two max guys then can we S&T for D-Lo should Kyrie leave or does that not work?
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#588 » by bucknersrevenge » Fri Jun 7, 2019 12:28 pm

London2Boston wrote:If Nets are bringing in two max guys then can we S&T for D-Lo should Kyrie leave or does that not work?

He's RFA so if he gets signs an offer sheet with anyone then no deal. Basically, he'd have to want to be here.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#589 » by FlatearthZorro » Fri Jun 7, 2019 12:31 pm

Darthlukey wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:Either we just got f*cked or the Nets just Knicksed themselves

They will get two players, but in the end it's all about which two players. Kyrie and kd, or Jimmy and Harris, for example?

It could just as well be Harris and resigning Russell. Time will tell.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#590 » by FlatearthZorro » Fri Jun 7, 2019 12:33 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
London2Boston wrote:If Nets are bringing in two max guys then can we S&T for D-Lo should Kyrie leave or does that not work?

He's RFA so if he gets signs an offer sheet with anyone then no deal. Basically, he'd have to want to be here.

Please NO. Russell is a poor man's Kyrie. Stiff as a board on defense, slow, streaky shooter, VERY turnover prone. I want no part of him at 25-30 mils. I'd rather just take Rondo or Rubio or even trade for Teague, who makes 20 mils, but it's only 1 year and he's actually a solid system PG, imo.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#591 » by Prokorov » Fri Jun 7, 2019 1:38 pm

captain green wrote:Nets don't know how to trade apparently. But this move means they are getting 2 players now and I think one will have the letter e in the name.

Why do you say that? The trade basically boils down to:

Crabbe and a lotto protected first to atlanta for cap relief. this is typically compesnation for dumping upwards of 15 million.

#17 to atlanta for Prince and a second rounder

Again, this is seems like fair compensation with Prince still have 1 year left on his rookie scale. nets replace Carroll with basically a 24 year old version of himself.

Nets still own the #27 and #31 picks in this draft, and free up 2 max slots.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#592 » by 3D Chess » Fri Jun 7, 2019 4:18 pm

Amazing snippet from this very good article about the Raps rise;

Alex McKechnie was one of North America's most respected athletic trainers and scientists. NBA players pilgrimed for years to visit him in Vancouver when they had injuries or needed rehab. For example, he's credited with helping save Shaquille O'Neal's prime years by treating O'Neal's abdominal injuries in the late 1990s. O'Neal was so effusive that the Los Angeles Lakers hired the Scottish native, and he was with them for five titles between 1999 and 2011.

But when the NBA lockout hit in 2011, the Lakers allowed numerous staff members' contracts to expire so they didn't have to pay them during the lockout. The richest team in the league then lost its prized trainer when the Raptors, then led by general manager Bryan Colangelo, swooped in and hired McKechnie after the Lakers left him unemployed.

:lol:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26864456/five-moments-helped-pave-toronto-road-nba-finals
Celtic Esquire
General Manager
And1: 3,673

Post#593 » by Celtic Esquire » Fri Jun 7, 2019 9:00 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
truth18 wrote:
I'm don't want to speak for Cave and I doubt he had any of this in mind with Jakeopp, but the real issue in what happened a few pages back is that you have guys on here that are apparently allowed to spew sexist sludge if they pass it off as "their opinion/take". Cave may be a dick at times but that's really the standard on here? Again, I had no issue with him being banned as it just makes me look better on this forum.

Are we really that **** dumb or hateful on here though? To think that women can't ref or coach as well as men? I don't really want to be part of a forum that thinks like that on an intellectual or social level.

Also, sounds like you've never taken mdma fwiw.

Well, by 2011 it may not have been a board full of constant personal attacks. But you likely we a long time reader before joining the board as so many are.

You remember the dark era where personal attacks flowed freely right? Basically the Darth age. It was horrible.

Right or wrong you don't want a forum like that either because it's impossible to converse.

And feel free to educate me on mdma.

I like how you still change facts to fit your agenda. I'm glad you got mad I called out stuff you made up before and i'll do it again. The Darth age wasn't the age of trolling and name calling. I was 0 tolerance. People disliked me becuase I allowed none of it. 0. There was no trolling allowed. I read every single page of every single game thread and every thread posted, reported or not. Thank god we have the great mod team we have today to do that because it for sure is a thankless job. I mean, somebody just above wondered why the Mod didn't get more flack for suspending Cave... uh, because he's a good mod doing his job maybe?

FYI, I like Cave and can't wait for him to be back but in no way feel anything is a Mod's fault.

I was around more during Darth's mod days and he did not mess around. If you trolled or insulted someone, you were banned.

I didn't always agree with his bans (I was once banned myself), but IMO he showed no favoritism and did what a good mod is supposed to do.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,276

Post#594 » by celticfan42487 » Fri Jun 7, 2019 9:44 pm

Celtic Esquire wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
celticfan42487 wrote:
Well, by 2011 it may not have been a board full of constant personal attacks. But you likely we a long time reader before joining the board as so many are.

You remember the dark era where personal attacks flowed freely right? Basically the Darth age. It was horrible.

Right or wrong you don't want a forum like that either because it's impossible to converse.

And feel free to educate me on mdma.

I like how you still change facts to fit your agenda. I'm glad you got mad I called out stuff you made up before and i'll do it again. The Darth age wasn't the age of trolling and name calling. I was 0 tolerance. People disliked me becuase I allowed none of it. 0. There was no trolling allowed. I read every single page of every single game thread and every thread posted, reported or not. Thank god we have the great mod team we have today to do that because it for sure is a thankless job. I mean, somebody just above wondered why the Mod didn't get more flack for suspending Cave... uh, because he's a good mod doing his job maybe?

FYI, I like Cave and can't wait for him to be back but in no way feel anything is a Mod's fault.

I was around more during Darth's mod days and he did not mess around. If you trolled or insulted someone, you were banned.

I didn't always agree with his bans (I was once banned myself), but IMO he showed no favoritism and did what a good mod is supposed to do.

And that's fine too. I thought many of the bans and warnings were unfair and arbitrary, mostly with a different set of rules used on a poster by poster basis. Especially if it was a poster from another board visiting.

And I was never banned or suspended in that time if memory holds.

We can all disagree it's fine, its been nearly a decade now I wasn't looking to rehash old things nor do I have any interesting in doing so.

I was just saying the board can't sink to constantly bickering no matter how much one disagrees with the other or we won't be able to have any conversation. I didn't mean to start a debate or make a personal statement.
Celtic Esquire
General Manager
And1: 3,673

Post#595 » by Celtic Esquire » Fri Jun 7, 2019 10:03 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:I was just saying the board can't sink to constantly bickering no matter how much one disagrees with the other or we won't be able to have any conversation. I didn't mean to start a debate or make a personal statement.

I agree 100% with what you just wrote. Maybe it's just looking through my old timer eyes, but I don't recall the debates about Antoine, Jim O'Brien, Pierce, etc. every become as toxic as the ones the last few years about IT, Smart, and Kyrie.

It just seems like to me that too many people are vested in being "right" and even if they are, they can't stop rubbing it in.

As a personal example, I couldn't stand Smart and his game, but I fully admit that I was wrong about the guy and am glad he got paid and is part of team. I will eat my crow happily but some people just won't STFU about how "right" they were about him.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#596 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Jun 7, 2019 11:15 pm

Antoine, O’Brien and Pierce debates were ten times more toxic - I remember, I was there
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#597 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Sat Jun 8, 2019 12:05 am

If any of you were ever unfortunate enough to have listened to Jalen Rose's podcast (I used to, before realizing how much of a clown he was), then you would know how he bragged about never having been dunked on.

Well.......

Read on Twitter
Festurs
Junior
And1: 375

Post#598 » by Festurs » Sat Jun 8, 2019 12:33 am

I often wonder what kind of pictures Jalen Rose is using to blackmail espn executives into letting him on tv. Beadle and Billups are horrible but at least they only ruin the nba studio shows. Rose is everywhere and I couldn’t imagine a less knowledgeable personality to put on a sporting network.
The concept seems to be to disagree with whatever Pierce says. Beyond unwatchable
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#599 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Sat Jun 8, 2019 12:47 am

Festurs wrote:The concept seems to be to disagree with whatever Pierce says. Beyond unwatchable

That's actually good business, IMO. Paul is my guy (hell, I even named my son after him), but he is cringeworthy on TV.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,600

Post#600 » by Green89 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 12:49 am

Festurs wrote:I often wonder what kind of pictures Jalen Rose is using to blackmail espn executives into letting him on tv. Beadle and Billups are horrible but at least they only ruin the nba studio shows. Rose is everywhere and I couldn’t imagine a less knowledgeable personality to put on a sporting network.
The concept seems to be to disagree with whatever Pierce says. Beyond unwatchable

Jalen is pretty horrible, but I'd still watch him over the TNT Inside the NBA crew.

Return to Boston Celtics