ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (4.0) *Non-Celtics Talk*

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Re: Around the NBA (4.0) *Non-Celtics Talk* 

Post#681 » by Darth Celtic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:09 pm

Half-Full wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:LA is targeting Kemba Walker? Say they get him - Kemba/vetmin/Lebron/Kuzma/Davis - no picks - capped out - that’s not a championship team

On first read, I read "vetmin" as "vermin." Definitely not a championship team. :)

Also, how do they get Kemba Walker for 27m a year starting? Now I actually think Kemba/Vet min/Lebron/Kuzma/Davis could win a championship depending on what the Bucks/Raptors do, but I just don't see how the lakers fit another max player to the roster. I mean when the heat trio did it, they all took less money and sign and traded to get it to work salary wise. I mean, Lebron makes 37m.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#682 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:15 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
Half-Full wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:LA is targeting Kemba Walker? Say they get him - Kemba/vetmin/Lebron/Kuzma/Davis - no picks - capped out - that’s not a championship team

On first read, I read "vetmin" as "vermin." Definitely not a championship team. :)

Also, how do they get Kemba Walker for 27m a year starting? Now I actually think Kemba/Vet min/Lebron/Kuzma/Davis could win a championship depending on what the Bucks/Raptors do, but I just don't see how the lakers fit another max player to the roster. I mean when the heat trio did it, they all took less money and sign and traded to get it to work salary wise. I mean, Lebron makes 37m.

LA is likely to have 24 million in cap. Davis appears unwilling to waive his trade bonus (unless Rich Paul is just saying so for p.r. reasons). So you'd be asking a max player to take a pay cut, or you're signing for breadth over star power.
Half-Full
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,127

Post#683 » by Half-Full » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:23 pm

sam_I_am wrote:It’s sickening to watch the Lakers organization make terrible move after terrible move and then get gifted with Lebron and Davis just because of NBA culture. LA sucks in so many ways - a really horrible place to live and yet the geography seems to matter more than anything for NBA.

I still think Lebron-Davis pairing is doomed to fail long term because that team is so badly managed. They might pull off a title this year however with GS down and out. In 2 years they will be the Pelicans.

I would be surprised if the Lakers even make it to the finals. LeBron will be 35 next year, and depth will be a real issue. He and AD will need to play a ton of minutes if they expect to win. It's a long season, and that will likely take a toll. Too, there is always the possibility that Lebron or AD (or both) suffer injuries. If they don't win it all next year, how likely the year after? All downhill from there.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#684 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:07 pm

LA likely needs MVP seasons from AD and Lebron, and even then, Denver, Portland, Utah and OKC, depending on the moves they’re able to make, are likely to be competitive.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#685 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:18 pm

We could also be looking at a season where there’s not only no super-team, there are no teams who would even qualify in other years as a contender.

If LA decides to give 11 million to Brook Lopez and 12 to Malcolm Brogdon, and Durant and Klay aren’t on the court for Golden State or LA or anyone else, and Kawhi stays in Toronto..

Denver could be the best on-paper team in the league. They’ll be adding Porter, and if they pick up Milsapp’s option and have him as an expiring, they have the pieces (Plumlee is a 14 million dollar expiring) to get a star 3 or 4, or both, or to upgrade from Jamal Murray (who is a great young player) - to, depending on how the year unfolds, Jrue or Lillard or Curry or Conley..
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,839

Post#686 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:59 pm

Read on Twitter

I get the gist of what he's saying, but GUY, YOU DID THINGS RIGHT FOR ONE FRICKING SEASON out of the last decade or so. Imagine what the Celtics FO are feeling right now!
Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Post#687 » by Disinformation » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:23 pm

Half-Full wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:It’s sickening to watch the Lakers organization make terrible move after terrible move and then get gifted with Lebron and Davis just because of NBA culture. LA sucks in so many ways - a really horrible place to live and yet the geography seems to matter more than anything for NBA.

I still think Lebron-Davis pairing is doomed to fail long term because that team is so badly managed. They might pull off a title this year however with GS down and out. In 2 years they will be the Pelicans.

I would be surprised if the Lakers even make it to the finals. LeBron will be 35 next year, and depth will be a real issue. He and AD will need to play a ton of minutes if they expect to win. It's a long season, and that will likely take a toll. Too, there is always the possibility that Lebron or AD (or both) suffer injuries. If they don't win it all next year, how likely the year after? All downhill from there.

Of course. LeBron and Paul don't give a **** about the Lakers future. Just the last couple years of LeBron's career. Can you imagine AD signing a 5 year deal next year and then watching LeBron ride off in to the sunset a year after that? I can. :lol:
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#688 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:32 pm

The Kings have nothing to complain about.. they lucked out with Hield beating expectations, they had an easy choice in the draft with Fox, and Bagley was a good pick in a draft where virtually none of the top 7 choices would’ve brought criticism - and they’ve managed their cap well.
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,083

Post#689 » by fallguy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:35 pm

Wonder if Ainge would buy low on Josh Jackson. He liked him.
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,990

Post#690 » by Floody100 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:42 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:The Kings have nothing to complain about.. they lucked out with Hield beating expectations, they had an easy choice in the draft with Fox, and Bagley was a good pick in a draft where virtually none of the top 7 choices would’ve brought criticism - and they’ve managed their cap well.

Yeah I agree. Fox/Hield/Bagley have the chance to create something special.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,314

Post#691 » by chrisab123 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:44 pm

fallguy wrote:Wonder if Ainge would buy low on Josh Jackson. He liked him.

This locker room is toxic enough without adding that POS.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#692 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:48 pm

No on Jackson. TJ Warren, though?
robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Post#693 » by robdog_5 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:50 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:No on Jackson. TJ Warren, though?

I like TJ Warren a better version of Mook. But how do we fit him in salary cap. We can't I don't think. Maybe a trade for Rozier if they want him but I don't see the value of being hard capped for TJ Warren.

Unless we can pull off a trade of Kyrie to Nets for TPE to use.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#694 » by Andrew McCeltic » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:00 am

robdog_5 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:No on Jackson. TJ Warren, though?

I like TJ Warren a better version of Mook. But how do we fit him in salary cap. We can't I don't think. Maybe a trade for Rozier if they want him but I don't see the value of being hard capped for TJ Warren.

Unless we can pull off a trade of Kyrie to Nets for TPE to use.

If Kyrie leaves, we’re not getting near the hard cap line anyway - if Phoenix wanted to do Rozier-for-Warren, I’d be in - but if it were a BYC sign and trade, we’d have to add Yabusele..

Russell/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Capela with Horford, Baynes and Warren off the bench could be a fun team to watch..
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#695 » by Andrew McCeltic » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:01 am

I don’t know if losing Kyrie and renegotiating Horford would let us drop under the cap enough to max Russell while keeping the holds for Rozier and Morris on the books..
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,149

Post#696 » by Darthlukey » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:58 am

Can someone explain to me how the Lakers waiting until the 30th to make the trade will enable them to generate additional cap space? I cant figure it out. If the players involved dont change (Ingy, Zo, Hart, AD) then how does it create more cap space for Lakers by signing a rookie and then trading them?
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,149

Post#697 » by Darthlukey » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:33 am

Darthlukey wrote:Can someone explain to me how the Lakers waiting until the 30th to make the trade will enable them to generate additional cap space? I cant figure it out. If the players involved dont change (Ingy, Zo, Hart, AD) then how does it create more cap space for Lakers by signing a rookie and then trading them?

Scratch that, I get it now
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,694

Post#698 » by return2glory » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:58 pm

Laker fans want Kyrie now. Lol.
NYCelticsfan136
Veteran
And1: 1,687

Post#699 » by NYCelticsfan136 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:24 pm

I read that ed davis will be sought after during this free agency. Can anyone tell what this guy brings to nba teams? He’s a former lottery pick who has been a bust. I am a Carolina fan and remember him but he was picked high because of his potential but he has been a bust.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#700 » by djFan71 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:26 pm

NYCelticsfan136 wrote:I read that ed davis will be sought after during this free agency. Can anyone tell what this guy brings to nba teams? He’s a former lottery pick who has been a bust. I am a Carolina fan and remember him but he was picked high because of his potential but he has been a bust.

Rebounding, effort, defense. I want him as well.

Return to Boston Celtics