ImageImageImage

OT - Restaurant suggestions in the North End

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

OT - Restaurant suggestions in the North End 

Post#1 » by theman » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:24 pm

My niece is running the Marathon Monday; she and my sister are flying Saturday. I figure carbo loading in the North End is a good idea.

Anyone have any suggestions. Years ago I found a place that as two blocks off the freedom trail, a little whole in the wall but a good place. Haven't found it since. I know Pizzeria Regina but we could be going to Polcari's Sunday and that is the same thing.

Ideas on parking would be appreciated too.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Re: OT - Restaurant suggestions in the North End 

Post#2 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:59 pm

so many good places so this is a matter of preference but we always like a place called ''artu'' On prince st. italian food, pizza, pasta ,paninis and amazing meatballs. not a bad place to have a drink either.
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,245

Post#3 » by itrsteve » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:13 pm

The north end is littered with so much good stuff, you don’t have to go far at all. Just walk and get lost in the neighborhood. Mike’s Pastry is a must for breakfast, but any Italian restaurant there is on point.
BannerStatus
Junior
And1: 218

Post#4 » by BannerStatus » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:11 pm

Expensive but great: Bricco
Great food, great value: Panza
Amazing food as evidenced by long line to get in: Giacomos (Get Giacomo's house sauce with your favorite combo of seafood on pasta)
"I break bread, ribs, hundred dollar bills / peel on Ducati's and other four wheels" RIP Prodigy.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,874

Post#5 » by Curmudgeon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:57 pm

Most of the places in the North End are overrated. Giacomos is the best of a bad lot if you don't mind waiting in line forever. Rabias on Salem Street specializes in seafood, Neopolitan style. I'd give it a B-minus.

If money is no object, the best Italian restaurant in the Boston area is probably Il Cappricio on Main Street in Waltham. For a modestly priced decent Italian meal, I'd try Carlo’s Cucina Italiana on Brighton Avenue in Allston. Toscano on Charles Street is another option. For pizza, the thin crust at Bella Luna in Jamaica Plain is better than anything in the North End.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,423

Post#6 » by Captain_Caveman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:24 am

Reservations recommended for just about anything. A few other people might have the same idea.
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Post#7 » by theman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:20 pm

Thanks for the advise everyone. Turns out she wanted to hit the expo first. So it didn't make sense to then go to North End after that so we stopped on the way to the hotel.

3:30 by the way. Good for her.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger

Return to Boston Celtics