ImageImageImage

OT: Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France suffers Massive Fire

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Re: OT: Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France suffers Massive Fire 

Post#21 » by Roddy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:48 pm

Be careful guys...a lot of "fake news" on the internet right now.

Just a thought...A lot of people here, in France, think that's sad that a country can find one billion euros (1 129 765 000 dollars) in two days for a monument....when you have people living in the street and who need food and then the same country "can't do nothing" for them.

People >>>>>>>>>>>>> monuments.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,940

Post#22 » by Parliament10 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:35 pm

Roddy wrote:Be careful guys...a lot of "fake news" on the internet right now.

Just a thought...A lot of people here, in France, think that's sad that a country can find one billion euros (1 129 765 000 dollars) in two days for a monument....when you have people living in the street and who need food and then the same country "can't do nothing" for them.

People >>>>>>>>>>>>> monuments.

1 Billion Euros, in 2 Days. Wow.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Midwest219
Senior
And1: 272

Post#23 » by Midwest219 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:43 pm

you gots to be kiddin' me.. people crying over a building. and yet raised all that money for a piece of stone over human lives. I hope they stop building public nut houses(churches).
FK DELLADIRTY
ermocrate
General Manager
And1: 1,603

Post#24 » by ermocrate » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:33 am

Midwest219 wrote:you gots to be kiddin' me.. people crying over a building. and yet raised all that money for a piece of stone over human lives. I hope they stop building public nut houses(churches).

Well, Notre Dame(like many monuments) not only represent his function but is also a symbol of humanity, without important landmarks(that are a mix of intellectual speculation and technical acheivement) humanity is nothing more that a group of large mammals that litters nature more than other animals... I agree on the public nut houses, what I don't agree on is the value of human lives, some are an incommesurable treasure, some other are just trash, we need to save most people possible in the search for that few raw gems that can save us all, that's not only about money tho, it's more about social instances and equality... Also rich people have their peculiar way to view reality, most of them can live with hundreds of millions of people dying for their profit but can't stand to live a life without a magnificent monument... Someone will also turn himself into a philantropist while still getting money from his shady business, I'm looking at you William...
"Negativity in this town sucks"

Return to Boston Celtics