ImageImageImage

Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019

Moderators: Froob, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10, djFan71, ParticleMan, sully00

robdog_5
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,603
And1: 1,172
Joined: Feb 03, 2017
   

Re: Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019 

Post#1961 » by robdog_5 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:50 am

London2Boston wrote:
robdog_5 wrote:How did Ainge let Horford down. He got a all star player Hayward and an elite playoff closer in Kyrie. That while still having good players and picks. Ainge didn't let anyone down. We got unlucky with Hayward and Kyrie turned sour. But I will also be fine if Horford wants to leave for a better situation to win. He's earned that.


He sat on his hands during the season as the whole top East sides made win now moves and became better than us and then instead of delivering a stud in the off season to make up for it, he’s about to lose one.


I agree he should have dealt Rozier but IMO a tinker to our roster wasn't the issue. There was plenty of talent and good players. They simply didn't play together. That wasn't Ainge, that was Brad and the players. I think Ainge has missed greatly since he was trying to line up AD and kind of didn't have a great backup plan but I don't think he let Horford down.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
Posts: 18,378
And1: 5,753
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
 

Re: Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019 

Post#1962 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:52 am

It’s like we had the bases loaded with no outs and then had two base runners picked off.. we’re not in horrible shape, but the big opportunity is gone..
bigfoot_cryptozoology
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,680
And1: 1,151
Joined: Jun 21, 2002

Re: Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019 

Post#1963 » by bigfoot_cryptozoology » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:14 am

Read on Twitter
Jakeopp
Head Coach
Posts: 7,140
And1: 7,339
Joined: Feb 20, 2017
     

Re: Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019 

Post#1964 » by Jakeopp » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:14 am

bigfoot_cryptozoology wrote:
Read on Twitter

I guarantee this doesn't happen.
robdog_5
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,603
And1: 1,172
Joined: Feb 03, 2017
   

Re: Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019 

Post#1965 » by robdog_5 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:16 am

I don't want D'Angelo Russell. Is he a lesser Kyrie IMO. We don't need another ISO ball stopper. We need shooters to space the floor. Collison, Danny Green, Beverly, Mirotic, those are the type of guys we should be targeting.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
Posts: 18,378
And1: 5,753
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
 

Re: Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019 

Post#1966 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:27 am

None of you are estimating DAR’s game fairly - he’d be a great gamble, four years could be a risk, but I think he could very easily be better than Kyrie in a year.
User avatar
RickyDizzle
Pro Prospect
Posts: 764
And1: 225
Joined: Feb 15, 2005
Location: Maine

Re: Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019 

Post#1967 » by RickyDizzle » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:33 am

The s&t for DAR wont happen, but if we do a way unbalanced trade, cant we get a big exception? What about kyrie and a heavily protected 2nd for shabazz napier. We get a wanamaker replacement and a giant trade exception.
User avatar
RickyDizzle
Pro Prospect
Posts: 764
And1: 225
Joined: Feb 15, 2005
Location: Maine

Re: Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019 

Post#1968 » by RickyDizzle » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:38 am

Or 22 and kyrie for Prince.
Jakeopp
Head Coach
Posts: 7,140
And1: 7,339
Joined: Feb 20, 2017
     

Re: Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019 

Post#1969 » by Jakeopp » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:42 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:None of you are estimating DAR’s game fairly - he’d be a great gamble, four years could be a risk, but I think he could very easily be better than Kyrie in a year.

Why tie up 4 years of cap space in him? He's inefficient and doesn't play much defense. He'll probably get the max, even though most people agree he's not worth that much.

The sign and trade isn't happening. No reason for Kyrie to agree to it. No reason for the Nets to do it unless we're sending valuable stuff their way, which Ainge won't do for a guy who's not worth what he'll get paid. Plus the character issues in his past...

If we managed to free up the cap space to sign him outright, Ainge won't waste it on him. Better off waiting for someone who's actually worth it in the future.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
Posts: 15,791
And1: 7,623
Joined: Feb 12, 2010
Location: Somewhere in Boston
     

Re: Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019 

Post#1970 » by FlatearthZorro » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:02 am

Btw, since this whole Davis thing is done, I don't want Morris back, I'd rather give Semi his shot if he's there when the season starts than pay Morris big money. With Irving gone Morris bout to shoot 20 times a game, easy and then there's the Rich Paul stuff.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
chrisab123
General Manager
Posts: 8,258
And1: 4,825
Joined: Jul 07, 2012
         

Re: Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019 

Post#1971 » by chrisab123 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:20 am

FlatearthZorro wrote:Btw, since this whole Davis thing is done, I don't want Morris back, I'd rather give Semi his shot if he's there when the season starts than pay Morris big money. With Irving gone Morris bout to shoot 20 times a game, easy and then there's the Rich Paul stuff.


You don't have to worry about that. Im sure Morris turns down whatever the Celtics offer to play with The King. LeBron was targeting him on IG once the Celtics season was over. Always assumed he was heading to the Lakers.
chrisab123
General Manager
Posts: 8,258
And1: 4,825
Joined: Jul 07, 2012
         

Re: Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019 

Post#1972 » by chrisab123 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:21 am

Jakeopp wrote:
bigfoot_cryptozoology wrote:
Read on Twitter

I guarantee this doesn't happen.


It won't happen but if it did then he might actually be better than Kyrie by the end of Kyries deal with the Nets.
Jakeopp
Head Coach
Posts: 7,140
And1: 7,339
Joined: Feb 20, 2017
     

Re: Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019 

Post#1973 » by Jakeopp » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:24 am

chrisab123 wrote:
Jakeopp wrote:
bigfoot_cryptozoology wrote:
Read on Twitter

I guarantee this doesn't happen.


It won't happen but if it did then he might actually be better than Kyrie by the end of Kyries deal with the Nets.

Anything is possible, but I doubt it if Kyrie stays healthy. D'Lo has had one decent year, and it "happened to be" a contract year. I'm skeptical he'll take another large leap forward after this.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
Posts: 15,791
And1: 7,623
Joined: Feb 12, 2010
Location: Somewhere in Boston
     

Re: Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019 

Post#1974 » by FlatearthZorro » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:32 am

Jakeopp wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:
Jakeopp wrote:I guarantee this doesn't happen.


It won't happen but if it did then he might actually be better than Kyrie by the end of Kyries deal with the Nets.

Anything is possible, but I doubt it if Kyrie stays healthy. D'Lo has had one decent year, and it "happened to be" a contract year. I'm skeptical he'll take another large leap forward after this.


Problem with Russell is that he's super streaky, very TO prone and a stiff as a board on defense. You can't pay that type of a dude 30 mils and expect to win a title or compete for one.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
bucknersrevenge
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,819
And1: 3,886
Joined: Jul 05, 2012
Location: Philly
Contact:
         

Re: Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019 

Post#1975 » by bucknersrevenge » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:33 am

Dlo on the Celtics is a borderline impossibility. Once a day now someone has to explain in detail why this will NEVER happen but here we are again.
There is no statute of limitation on Twitter. Remember that...
nickgammon
Pro Prospect
Posts: 939
And1: 873
Joined: Apr 17, 2014
     

Re: Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019 

Post#1976 » by nickgammon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:58 am

brackdan70 wrote:
nickgammon wrote:If Horford restructures his deal and we S&T Terry, can’t we just absorb Beal into the cap? Obviously the Celtics can attach a bunch of picks to make it worth it for the Wiz. Maybe 2 picks from this year, the Memphis pick, 1 future unprotected one.

That Is indeed possible but a lot of ifs

Is Rozier cool with the Wiz?
Will Horford take enough of a cut to make it possible?
Will the Wiz be cool with Rozier and picks...wont they want Smart and Brown?


Personally, I’d only do two of Brown, Rozier, Smart, Memphis Pick for Beal. I would be hesitant to trade away Smart and Brown in the same deal; adding on the Memphis pick is a dealbreaker imo.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
Posts: 15,791
And1: 7,623
Joined: Feb 12, 2010
Location: Somewhere in Boston
     

Re: Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019 

Post#1977 » by FlatearthZorro » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:00 am

nickgammon wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
nickgammon wrote:If Horford restructures his deal and we S&T Terry, can’t we just absorb Beal into the cap? Obviously the Celtics can attach a bunch of picks to make it worth it for the Wiz. Maybe 2 picks from this year, the Memphis pick, 1 future unprotected one.

That Is indeed possible but a lot of ifs

Is Rozier cool with the Wiz?
Will Horford take enough of a cut to make it possible?
Will the Wiz be cool with Rozier and picks...wont they want Smart and Brown?


Personally, I’d only do two of Brown, Rozier, Smart, Memphis Pick for Beal. I would be hesitant to trade away Smart and Brown in the same deal; adding on the Memphis pick is a dealbreaker imo.


Wizards aren't trading Beal before hiring a GM, imo... So there's that. Also I dunno what type of pick(s) it will require to get Beal on the C's.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 24,711
And1: 23,688
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Celtics General Offseason (incl. Trade) Thread, 2019 

Post#1978 » by Parliament10 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:03 am

"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart

Return to Boston Celtics